哦 希望不会 不过还是要谢谢你的帮助
Oh, I hope not. But thank you so much for all your help.
像我这样的人
Someone like me.
欢迎回到”埃尔希之蛋”
Welcome back to “Eggs with Elsie.”
我是埃尔希·肯特沃希 今天的主题是米娅公主
I’m Elsie Kentworthy, and today’s topic is Princess Mia.
嘿 怎么样了?
Hi. How’s it going?
-对不起 我以为我一个人呢 -不 小姐
– So sorry, I thought I was alone. – No, Miss.
我是布丽奇特 如果能让你开心 时刻为您服务
I’m Brigitte, if it pleases you. At your service.
-我是布丽奇塔 小姐 -布丽奇特 布丽奇塔 我是米娅
– And I’m Brigitta, Miss. – Brigitte and Brigitta, I’m Mia.
拜托 你们不用 不用像那样行屈膝礼
And, please, you don’t… Don’t curtsy like that.
-不像这样? 那您喜欢怎样呢? -还是像这样?
– Not like this? How do you like it, then? – Like this, maybe?
不 不 不 我不是那个意思
No, no, no, I didn’t mean, like, you know…
不 不 不是那样 我不是那个意思
No, no, not that way. I didn’t mean it, um…
女皇祝您早安 公主 她正在和国会议员开会
The queen bids you good morning, Princess. She’s in session with parliament.
-好的 -您应该已经见过您的女仆了
– OK. – I see you’ve met your lady’s maids.
是的
Yeah. Um…
-能不能不用屈膝礼? -哦
– How do you turn off the curtsies? – Oh.
好了 去干♥你♥们的事吧
Enough bowing. Back to your chores.
殿下一个小时内会在王宫见您
Her Majesty will meet you in one hour at the throne room.
-好的 -很抱歉您的房♥间还没有准备好
– OK. – I’m sorry your suite isn’t ready yet.
但您可以在殿下的房♥间住下来
But you’re welcome to stay here in Her Majesty’s suite…
不 不 不 不 没关系
No, no, no, no, it’s fine. It’s…
嘿 我能去看看皇宫的其他地方吗?
Hey, can I explore the palace a little bit?
当然
Of course.
哦 你已经见过毛瑞斯了
Oh. Well, you’ve met Maurice.
你好 毛
Hey, Mo.
王宫 一个小时内
The throne room, in an hour.
基诺维亚的国会开始开会 由莫塔兹首相主持
The parliament of Genovia is in session. Prime Minister Motaz presiding.
马布雷子爵 你可以发言了
Viscount Mabrey, you have the floor.
马布雷阁下 你可以发言了
Monsieur Mabrey, s’il vous plait.
我们都知道 基诺维亚皇室血统的继承人的21岁的生日
As we all know, the 21 st birthday of an heir to the Genovian bloodline
的确是一件全国的大事
is indeed a matter of great public significance.
它意味着这个年轻人有资格戴上皇冠
It signifies that this young person is eligible to assume the crown.
的确 我们都认识到了 子爵
Indeed, we are well aware of this, Viscount.
女皇已经指出米娅公主
The queen has already indicated that Princess Mia
在戴上皇冠之前还要学很多这方面的知识
intends to learn more at her side before assuming the throne.
我指的不是米娅公主
It was not Princess Mia to whom I was referring.
谢瓦利埃国王
King Chevalier
是曾曾曾祖父
was the great-great-great-grandfather of…
你好
Hello?
哦哦
Ah… Oh.
继续
Proceed.
好极了
Nice.
有人吗?
Hello?
因此
So.
在去年的10月20日
As of the 20th of October last year,
在他21岁生日的时候
on the occasion of his 21 st birthday,
另外一个基诺维亚的皇家血统已经有资格戴上皇冠了
another Genovian of the royal bloodline became eligible to assume the throne.
什么?
What?
我的侄子 德弗里奥克斯亲王
My nephew, Lord Devereaux.
请你再说一遍
I beg your pardon?
我侄子的母亲是我夫人的姐姐
My nephew’s mother was my wife’s sister.
因此殿下 我很高兴的说
Therefore, Your Majesty, I am pleased to say
我的侄子准备接替他的位置
that my nephew is ready to take his place
作为基诺维亚公正的国王
as Genovia’s rightful king.
闭嘴
Shut up.
你说什么?
I beg your pardon?
-我的意思是 -“闭嘴”并不总是闭嘴的意思
– I mean… – “Shut up” doesn’t always mean shut up.
在美国 它就像”天啊””上帝”
In America, it’s like “Oh, my,” “Gee whiz, ” “Wow.”
-“梦幻般的” “华丽的” “Oy vey” -谢谢 首相先生
– “Fantastique,” “Superbe,” “Oy vey.” – Yeah, thank you, Mr. Prime Minister.
但是米娅公主不是王室的第一继承人吗?
But isn’t Princess Mia first in line to ascend the throne?
并不是这样的
Not yet.
基诺维亚法律规定 公主必须结婚
Genovian law states that a princess must marry
在她登上王座之前
before she can take the throne.
我们从没有执行过那样的法律
We have never enforced that law.
一个男人就不必在当上国王之前结婚了
A man doesn’t have to marry to be king.
我的意思是 这是21世纪了 看在上帝的份上
I mean, this is the 21 st century, for heaven’s sake.
我的孙女应该拥有和其他男人同样的权力
My granddaughter should be given the same rights as any man.
对!
Yeah!
基诺维亚不应该要女皇 以免她会陷进婚姻的束缚中
Genovia shall have no queen lest she be bound in matrimony.
帕利莫阁下?
Lord Palimore?
那是过去300年的基诺维亚法律
That is the law of Genovia for the last 300 years.
米娅公主没有资格统治 因为她没有结婚
Princess Mia is not qualified to rule because she is unmarried.
请宽恕我 殿下
Forgive me, Your Majesty.
我们并不认为米娅公主
Not all of us are sure that the princess
就是统治我们国家最好的继承人
is the most suitable choice to govern our great nation.
好了 好了 先生们 先生们
Now, now, gentlemen, gentlemen. Please.
我建议这位尊敬的阁下
I suggest this honored body
给米娅公主一年的时间
allow Princess Mia one year,
在这段时间内她必须结婚
during which time she must marry,
否则将有德弗里奥克斯亲王接替她成为基诺维亚的国王
or she forfeits the throne of Genovia to young Lord Devereaux.
什么? 不行
What? No.
-我反对 最强烈的反对 -一年?
– I object. I object most strongly. – One year?
-60天 -2个月
– 60 days. – Two months.
60天?
60 days?
30天
30 days.
国会怎么能让我在30天内就谈恋爱? 这就像…
How could parliament expect me to fall in love in 30 days? It’s like…
这就像一个给我包办婚姻的大陷阱
It’s like it’s a big trick to get me to have an arranged marriage, or…
不行
No.
不 这没有 就这样决定了 这没有这是我
No, there’s no… That’s it, there’s no “or.” There’s… I…
包办婚姻是我唯一的选择
An arranged marriage is my only choice.
什么人能够同意这种包办婚姻的呢?
What kind of person agrees to an arranged marriage?
你同意了这个包办婚姻
You agreed to an arranged marriage.
-对 -是的
– Right. – Yes, I did.
它肯定会很壮观
And it turned out quite splendidly.
他是我最好的朋友 我们都很喜欢对方
He was my best friend. We grew very fond of each other.
我肯定 奶奶 但是
I’m sure, Grandma, but…
我梦想爱情 但不沉迷于此
I dream of love, not fondness.
但你不必这样做 米娅 你不一定要成为女皇的
But you don’t have to do this, Mia. You don’t have to become queen.
这不公平
This is so unfair.
阿米莉娅
Amelia.
勇气不是逃避恐惧
Courage is not the absence of fear,
而是判断 有一些事情会比恐惧
but rather the judgment that something else is more important…
更重要
than fear.
雷纳尔迪挂在这个墙上已经有550年了
There are 550 years of Renaldis on these walls.
我也将被挂在靠近我父亲的地方
And I will be up there next to my father.
我坚信 作为一个统治者 我能有一些机会做一些改变
I’m sure I want my chance to make a difference as a ruler.
你这就像一个真正的女皇在说话
Spoken like a true queen.
哦 我的孩子 一个拥有基诺维亚血统的孩子
You, my boy, a true-born Genovian.
你应该成为我们的国王
You should be our king.
我同意
I agree.
但是 我们怎么才可以做到呢?
But how can we make it happen?
给我一枝镖
Give me one of your arrows.
我给你表演个从一个意大利老哲学家那学来的把戏
I’m going to show you a trick that I learned from an old ltalian philosopher.
尼克洛·马基雅弗利
Niccolo Machiavelli.
我能让这只镖每次都击中靶心
I can make this dart hit the bull’s-eye every time.
是的 但那是在作弊
Yes, but that is cheating.
你说对了
You’ve got it.
德弗里奥克斯亲王和他叔叔很快会到 考特太太
Lord Devereaux will be arriving shortly, Mrs. Kout, with his snake of an uncle.
是的 殿下
Yes, Your Majesty.
-殿下 -嗯?
– Your Majesty. – Hm?
我知道莱昂内尔是首相的侄子
I know Lionel is the prime minister’s nephew
他整个夏天一直在做实习医师
and he’s interning for the summer
因为他想学更多的安全知识
because he wants to learn about security.
但他还是站在我们这边 他始终和我们在一起
But he never leaves my side. He sticks to me like Velcro, madam.
不会太久了 他秋天的时候会回学校的
It won’t last very long. He returns to school in the autumn.
-他想拜见您 -什么 现在?
– He wants an audience with you. – What, now?
现在
Now.
莱昂内尔?
Lionel?
快点
Short.
我不知道你是否见过我们的女管家考特太太
I don’t know if you’ve met Mrs. Kout, our housekeeper,