The law clearly states an unmarried woman cannot be queen.
幸运的是
Fortunately,
这还有另一个继承人
there is another heir.
不 没有
No, there is not.
我拒绝 我不想当国王
I decline. I refuse to be king.
女士们先生们 米娅公主才是应该继位的人
Ladies and gentlemen, it is Princess Mia who should have the crown.
她聪明 有同情心
She’s bright, and she is caring.
更重要的是 她有远见
But more importantly, she has a vision.
她会带领基诺维亚向前发展 如果议员们够精明
One that will take Genovia forward, and if the parliament were astute,
他们就应该任命她为女王
they would name her queen.
听她的 她会带领我们进入21世纪
Listen to her. She’ll lead us into the 21 st century.
还有 想想她在我们的邮票上会看起来多可爱
And besides, just think how lovely she’ll look on our postage stamp.
看起来在邮票上可爱?
Lovely on a postage stamp?
你在邮票上也会很帅!
You would look lovely on a postage stamp!
别走开 先生! 你身负基诺维亚的重任 先生
Don’t you walk away from me, sir! You have a duty, sir, to Genovia.
他 他…很悲伤
He’s, uh… he is very distressed.
你的责任 先生 对整个国家! 对我 先生!
Your duty, sir, to the country! To me, sir!
对基诺维亚!为了你的父亲!尼古拉斯!
To Genovia! For your father! Nicholas!
-关门 -快关上门
-The door. -Shut the doors, quickly.
尼古拉斯 尼古拉斯!
Nicholas. Nicholas!
尼古拉斯 我不能让你把这一切都给那个女孩
Nicholas, I cannot have you giving all, all this up just for a girl.
-现在 我们还可以… -够了 叔叔
-Now, look, we can still… -Enough, Uncle.
结束了
We’re finished.
这发生了什么?
What is happening here?
谁将会得到王位? 范·筹肯?
Who’s next in line for the throne? The Von Trokens?
我们同意
We accept.
坐下
Sit down.
做一个提议
Make a motion.
-你还好吧? 需要… -做一个提议
-Are you OK? Do you need a… -Make a motion.
啊
Ah.
-总理? -在 公主?
-Prime Minister? -Yes, Princess?
我决定要废除婚姻法
I move to abolish the marriage law,
对现在和将来的基诺维亚女王都有效
as it applies to present and future queens of Genovia.
有人赞成我的提议么?
Will anyone second my motion?
用眼神和他们交流 盯着他们看 吓住他们
Keep eye contact with them. Stare them down.
不 不 不…温柔点 柔和点
No, not, not… Soften. Soften.
好
Good.
我赞成提议
I second the motion.
应该事我们有个新传统的时候了 我喜欢改变
It’s time we had a new tradition. I like change.
我可能回留胡子
I may grow a mustache.
我想你要是留胡子会棒极了
I think you’d look marvelous with a mustache.
你知道 我父亲 总是喜欢范戴克…
You know, my father always favored a Van Dyke…
先生们 先生们
Gentlemen, gentlemen. Please.
所有同意废除婚姻法的说”是”
All those in favor of abolishing the marriage rule, say, “Aye.”
是
Aye.
是
Aye.
-是 -是
-Aye. -Aye.
-你不是议员 坐下 -总有一天是的
-You’re not in parliament. Sit down. -Someday.
是
Aye.
通过
The ayes have it.
祝贺你 公主
Congratulations, Princess.
如果我可以这么说
If I may say so myself,
你可以统治基诺维亚了!
you rule!
莱昂内尔
Lionel.
殿下?
Your Majesty?
嗯?
Hm?
公主要讲话
The princess would like a word.
噢…
Oh. Erm…
奶奶?
Grandma?
因为我没有让我的童话结束
Just because I didn’t get my fairy-tale ending,
你也应该如此
doesn’t mean you shouldn’t.
噢 呃…
Oh, uh…
-你听见了么? -如果您不想让我听见 我就没有听见
-Did you hear that? -Not if you didn’t want me to.
噢 夏洛特
Oh, Charlotte.
好
Well.
约瑟夫?
Joseph?
殿下?
Your Majesty.
亲爱的约瑟夫
Dear Joseph.
我是不是太迟了…
Am I too late…
请你在婚礼中拉住我的手
to ask you to accept my hand in marriage?
嗯 我想你从没问过
Well, I thought you’d never ask.
施德?
Shades?
你现在是主管了 祝你和莱昂内尔好运
You’re in charge now. Good luck with Lionel.
我要结婚了
I’m going to a wedding.
开门 我说! 门关上了
Open up, I say! The door is shut.
让我进去
Let me in,
把我放下来 把我放下来!
Put me down, Put me down!
我知道几乎没怎么通知 但是你们都身着盛装
I know it was short notice, but you were all dressed.
尊敬的大教主 我想让这个男人做我的丈夫 如果你同意的话
My Lord Archbishop, I would like to take this man as my husband, if you please.
终于来了
Finally.
我们都来到这是为了另一个婚礼…
We have come together for a different wedding…
-我有什么不知道? -她还没结婚?
-What did I miss? -She’s not getting married.
-她还没结婚? -没有
-She’s not getting married? -No.
以这个戒指 我们…
With this ring, I thee…
终于…
finally…
结婚了
wed.
-现在女王终于结婚了 -女王还没结婚?
-Now the queen’s getting married. -The queen’s getting married?
是啊 嫁给约瑟夫
Yeah, to Joe.
我宣布 你们是夫妻了
I pronounce you man and wife.
你可以吻新娘
You may kiss the bride.
火箭射向加冕礼环仪式
The ceremonial shooting of the flaming arrow through the coronation ring.
早上好 自从上次那个所谓的婚礼 差不多一周了
Good morning, It’s been almost a week since the almost wedding,
忙碌的工人正在为基诺维亚盛大的一天做准备
and busy workers are setting up for Genovia’s grand day.
新女王的加冕礼
The coronation of a new queen,
在皇宫的某个地方 米娅公主正在为仪式作准备
Somewhere in the palace, Princess Mia’s getting ready for the ceremony
那将会永远改变她的生活
that will change her life forever.
你要说什么 胖路易?
So what do you say, Fat Louie?
在想我会不会是一个好女王?
Think I’ll make a good queen?
肯定会的
Indeed you will.
恕我大胆 我应该请求殿下的接见
If I may be so bold, I would like an audience with Your Highness.
你的选择是什么 年轻人?
What is your dilemma, young man?
你 实际上
You are, in fact.
我爱上了即将即位的女王
I’m in love with the queen-to-be.
我在想她是不是也爱我
And I’m inquiring if she loves me too.
你给我的餐桌准备了鸡肉么?
Do you have a chicken for my table?
不 没有 我的厨房♥没有鸡肉了
No. No, my kitchen is out of chickens.
啊
Ah.
米娅
Mia.
所有人 注意…哈!
Company, atten, hurgh!
齐步走
Forward march.
左 右 左
Left, right, left.
左 右 左
Left, right, left.
左 右 左
Left, right, left.
左 左…
Left, left…
左 右 左
Left, right, left.
左 左…
Left, left…
左 右 左
Left, right, left.
左 左…
Left, left…
所有人 立定
Company, halt.
我听说你要回柏克利完成学业
I heard you’re going back to Berkeley to finish up graduate school.
你听的没错
You heard right.
我能在加利福尼亚给你打电♥话♥么?
May I call you in California?
我想我不用电♥话♥就能听见你 但是 呃…
I think I can hear you without a phone, but, uh…
麻雀起飞了
Sparrow is taking off.
老鹰最后一次起飞
The eagle is flying for the last time.
-她看起来很漂亮 -他们都很漂亮
-She looks beautiful. -They both do.
你能庄严宣誓并许诺 在治理基诺维亚人♥民♥的时候
Will you solemnly promise and swear to govern the people of Genovia,
遵守国会通过的宪法
according to the statutes in parliament agreed on,
以及相关的法律和传统呢?
and the respective laws and custom of the same?
你能用你的权利令法律、正义和仁慈
Will you, in your power, cause law and justice and mercy
都被公正的执行么?