你伤了他吗?
Did you hurt him?
怎么了 劳勃?
What happened,Robert?

You,sir.
这只是个皮球 对吧?谢谢
Just a rubber ball,yes? Thank you.
只是个皮球
Just a rubber ball? No.
但它一点也不普通
Not normal. Not a normal rubber ball.
它有魔力
It’s magic.
波登有个新魔术
He had a new trick.
很棒吗?
Was it good?
那是我看过最棒的魔术戏法
It was the greatest magic trick I’ve ever seen.
观众有没有鼓掌?
Did they applaud when you saw it?
戏法太棒 太简单了
It was too good. It was too simple.
-观众根本来不及看得懂 -他是个糟糕的魔术师
-The audience hardly had time to see it. -He’s a dreadful magician.
不 他是很厉害的魔术师 只是一个糟糕的表演者
A wonderful magician. He’s a dreadful showman.
完全不懂得包装宣传他的魔术
He doesn’t dress it up how to sell it.
-那他到底怎么变的? -他使用替身
-How does he do it? -He uses a double.
-太简单了 -一定更复杂
-No,it’s too simple. -This is a complex illusion.
你不知道窍门才会这么说
You say that because you don’t know the method.
后来现身的是替身 就是这样
It’s a double that comes out. It’s the only way.
我看过三次
I’ve seen him perform it three times.
-是同一个人 -不 不是
-The prestige is the same man. -No it’s not.
从第二道门出来的是同一人
The same man comes out of the cabinet.
是同一个人
It’s the same man.
他戴着手套掩饰断指
He wears padded gloves to hide his damaged fingers
仔细看就看得出来
but,if you look closely,you can tell.
他不会吸引观众 但是我会
He doesn’t know how to sell it to an audience,but I do.
我们可以用来当压轴表演
Yeah,we could use it as a climax to the show.
没错
Yes.
他毁了我一生 我就偷他的戏法
The man stole my life,I’m gonna steal his trick.
-我们要找个很像你的人 -他没有用替身
-We got to find someone who looks like you. -He doesn’t use a double.
劳勃 我不知道波登的手法
I don’t know how Borden does it.
你要不就等他退休向他买♥♥秘诀
Either…You either wait for him to retire and buy the secret
或是听我解释要怎么表演
or you listen to how I would do it.
我知道唯一的手段就是用替身
And the only way that I know how to do it is to find you a bloody good double.
好吧
All right.
看清楚我的样子 去找我吧
Take a good look. Let’s get out there and find me. Whoo!
你看 你看
Look,look.
这是什么?
What’s that?
这是给你的
It’s for you.
用来做什么呢?
What’s this for?
过来
Come.
-我上礼拜问过你…-那时候我心情不好
-I asked you last week…-You caught me in a wrong mood.
但是你一直反对…
But you won’t ever…
莎拉 我可以改变主意吧?
Sarah I’m gonna have to change my mind,aren’t I?
我的表演很成功 换一家大剧院表演
The act is taking off. Soon we’ll be in a bigger theater
就能赚大钱
things will work out.
我不敢相信 谢谢你
I can’t believe it. Thank you.
谢谢你 好美喔
Thank you. It’s beautiful.
杰瑞
Gerry?
亲爱的 看看你
Darling,look at you.
两位 这是杰瑞路特
Mr. Cutter,Mr. Angier,I’d like you to meet Gerald Root.
幸会了 很荣幸认识你们
A pleasure. Pleasure to meet you fine gentlemen.
你想听我说笑话吗?过来
Would you like for me to tell you a little joke? Come here.
怎样?
Yes?
你在笑吗?
Are you laughing now?
我得去尿尿
I have to take a piss.
-他是个疯汉 -当然了 他是个失业演员
-He’s out of his mind. -Of course,he’s an out-of-work actor.
他很好 外表修饰一下
He’s perfect. He needs a little help.
就能当你的兄弟
But when I get done with him,he could be your brother.
我不要他当我兄弟 而是变成我
I don’t need him to be my brother,I need him to be me.
给我一个月的时间
Give me a month.
你打开门 然后…
So you open the door,and…
跳下来吧
Come on.
-你就不能找个软垫子吗? -这又不是睡觉用的
-Couldn’t you have found a softer one? -Well,it’s not for sleeping on.
你从那上面跳下来
So,if you come down through there…
-路特就从那边上去吗? -没错
-does Root go up through there? -Yep.
这会令人叹为观止
It’s going to be amazing.
一定要 波登的魔术大受欢迎
Well,it has to be. Borden’s trick is getting noticed.
今天已经客满了
The place was packed today.
你又去看他的表演
You went and saw his show again.
准备见你自己吗?安先生
Ready to meet yourself,Mr. Angier?
我只要喝得烂醉
All I have to do is keep myself stinking drunk
就不会被识破
and no one will be able to tell the difference.
你要有点信心
Have a little faith,sir.
路先生 麻烦你表演吧
Now,would you favor us with a performance,Mr. Root?
老天爷
You’d drink,too
你若像我看尽人情冷暖 也会借酒浇愁
if you knew the world half as well as I do.
你以为你很特别吗?
Did you think you were unique?
我扮演过凯撒跟浮士德
I’ve been Caesar,I’ve played Faust.
扮你这丹顿大♥师♥能有多难?
How difficult could it possibly be to play the Great Danton?
你可以变回自己了 不然开除你
You can go back to being yourself now,Root,for nothing.
我宁愿变成他
I’d rather be him for now.
我发现这还蛮好玩的
I find it,uh…amusing.
吾王 我确实否认没有囚犯…
“My liege, I did deny no prisoners.”
-你扮得好像哦 -谢了
-You look wonderful. -Oh,thank you.
路特必须保持低调 被人看到我们就玩完了
Root has to keep a low profile. Anyone sees him,the game’s up.
我不知道你的做法 我也不想知道
I don’t know how you do things. I’m not sure I wanna know.
你决定这魔术叫什么吗?
Have you thought what we should call it?
没必要遮遮掩掩 波登称他的表演为”移形遁影术”
There’s no point being coy. Borden calls his trick The Transported Man.
(全新移形遁影术)
各位 你们今晚看到的
Ladies and gentlemen,much of what you’ve seen may be termed
多半都是魔术或是小把戏
as illusions or entertaining trifles.
但是…
Alas…
下一个表演并不是魔术
I cannot claim this next feat as illusion.
仔细看
Watch carefully.
绝对看不到机关
You will see no trickery
因为这是真的
for no trickery is employed.
只有遥远东方的奇人异士
Merely a technique familiar to certain citizens of the Orient
以及喜马拉雅山的圣者才会
and various holy men of the Himalayas.
的确 有些观众看过这个表演
Indeed,many of you may be familiar with this technique
没看过的请不要紧张
but for those of you who are not,do not be alarmed.
这个表演绝对安全
What you’re about to see is considered safe.
敬我们的成功
To our achievement.
经理说他没看过这种热烈反应
The manager says he’s never seen a reaction like it.
至少他看到了 我只能躲在台下
At least he saw it. I spent the ovation hiding under the stage.
观众才懒得管消失的人
No one cares about the man who disappears.
他们只在乎现身的大♥师♥
They care about the one who comes out.
-我就关心消失的人 -谢谢你
-I care about the man in the box. -Thank you.
也许我们能换过来
I don’t know,maybe we could switch before the trick.
由我来现身 让路特跳到舞台底下
I’m the prestige,and Root’s below stage.
不行 观众的期望最重要
No,the anticipation of the trick is everything.
你的舞台魅力才能营造张力
We need your showmanship to build up the suspense.
他一开口就完了 没办法表演
Once Root opens his mouth,it’s over. He can’t introduce this trick.
我当然行 我是丹顿大♥师♥
Of course I can. I’m the Great Danton.
你这猪头 把这身装扮脱掉
Root,you bloody fool,get out of that wardrobe and makeup.
随时都可能有人经过
Anyone could walk in here at any minute.
恭喜了 各位
Congratulations,all.
成功不是偶然的 我们很努力
Life is not full of these moments. We worked hard.
我们要好好庆祝
We need to celebrate properly.
怎么了? 想起你太太?
What’s wrong? Is it your wife?
不是 这魔术还不够好
No,it’s the trick. It isn’t good enough.
波登比不上我们 他没有格调
Borden’s trick is nothing compared to ours. He has no style.
他最后不必躲在舞台底下
He doesn’t spend the finale hiding under the stage.
我要知道他的做法
I need to know how he does it.
-为什么? -这样我就可以做得更好
-Why? -So I can do it better.
我要你去当他的助手
I need you to go and work for him.
当他助手? 你在开玩笑?
Work for him? Are you joking?
你得当我的间谍
You’ll be my spy.
我们才刚成功 你就要我走?
We just got our start. You want me to leave?
这样才能进步 想想看
That’s how we advance. Think of it.
柯特的技俩已经让观众兴奋了 用正版魔术岂不更受欢迎

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!