泰斯拉不想吓到大家
Mr. Tesla doesn’t want to scare anyone.
电线在哪里?
Where are the wires?
问得好
Exactly.
-发电机呢? -就是你上星期看到的那台
-Where’s the generator? -You saw it last week.
-离这里有十英里 -十五英里
-That must be ten miles from here. -Fifteen.
每天都要骑这么远才能回家睡觉
And I have to ride all of them before I get to bed.
过几天我会给你消息
I’ll send word for you in a few days,Mr. Angier.
魔法 真正的魔法
Magic. Real magic.
这一切都只在皇家亚伯厅展出
Now appearing,only here at London’s Royal Albert Hall
这个时代的奇迹
one of the miracles of our age.
科技的惊奇
A technological marvel.
你这辈子从来没看过
You’ve never seen anything like it in your lives.
就算亲眼目睹也不敢相信
Your eyes will not believe what they’re witnessing.
各位先生女士 泰斯拉的奇迹
The miracle of Nikola Tesla,ladies and gentlemen.
零污染的免费电力 你想看到未来吗?
Free,clean power. Like to know the future?
那个人将改变世界
The man who’s speaking right now is going to change the world.
女士先生 快进来坐 位子很多 不用等
Come one,come all. Immediate seating,no waiting.
各位女士先生们
Ladies and gentlemen
有些观众有意见担心安全的问题
objections have been raised…
是应该有意见 你认为安全吗?
They should be raised. Does that look safe to you?
这是爱迪生的毁谤行动
Part of Thomas Edison’s smear campaign
故意中伤泰斯拉的交流电研究
against Mr. Tesla’s superior alternating current.
我们要求泰斯拉放弃展出
We have asked Mr. Tesla to reconsider.
但是他不会
Which he will not!
不过他拒绝在受限情况下现身
But I’ve been told he refuses to appear under any such restrictions.
快走 这东西快爆♥炸♥了
This thing’s gonna blow.
拜托大家别紧张
Ladies and gentlemen,please.
开关在哪里?
这百分之百安全
你今天跟妈妈过得好吗?
Have you had a nice day with mommy? Huh?
莎拉 我爱你
Sarah. I love you.
你今天是真心说爱我
See,today it’s true.
我看见了幸福
I saw happiness.
应该属于我的幸福
Happiness that should have been mine.
但是我错了
But I was wrong.
笔记中透露 他没有我所羡慕的生活
His notebook reveals that he never had the life that I envied.
前一刻他渴望的家庭生活
The family life that he craves one minute
下一刻就想反抗 追求自♥由♥
he rails against the next,demanding freedom.
他的精神分♥裂♥…
His mind…his mind is a divided one.
心灵无法平静
His soul is restless.
易变和矛盾的天性折磨着妻女
His wife and child,tormented by his fickle and contradictory nature.
你要叫洋娃娃什么名字?
So,what do you think you’ll call her?
不知道
I don’t know.
大家都有名字啊 她呢?
Everybody needs a name,so,what’s hers?
那就叫莎拉吧
Maybe Sarah.
很美的名字 很美的名字
That’s a lovely name. That’s a lovely name.
你们聊聊今天想做的事
Well,you talk about what you want to do for the rest of the day.
去跟她说吧
All right,go on,you talk with her.
他们要把她带走?
Are they taking her away?
送到童工工厂?
To the workhouse?
来 你们继续说话
You keep talking.
告诉欧文我答应了 拿去吧
Tell Owens I’ve reconsidered. Take it. Go on,take it.
这样对大家最好
It’s for the best.
给我看
Let me see.
-我要学会大♥师♥你所有的绝招 -我得先教你识字
-I’m gonna learn all the professor’s secrets. -Only if I teach you how to read.
这些魔术没有屁用
They’re just stupid tricks,right?
完全不能帮你逃出去
Haven’t helped you get out of here,have they?
大♥师♥ 你能解开真的锁吗?
Or can’t you undo real locks,professor?
也许我只是在等待时机
Maybe I’m just biding my time.
有一天我会张开双手请你看 然后问
Maybe one day I’ll open my hand,get your attention
你在注意看吗?
ask,”Are you watching closely?”
也许念一两句咒语
Maybe a magic whirl or two.
然后我就消失不见
And then I’ll be gone.
你凭什么这么出名?
How’d you get so famous then?
魔术
Magic.
波登 给我回来
Borden,get back here!
多谢啦!
Thank you.
闭嘴 抓住他
Shut up!
谢谢
Thank you
谁有钥匙?
Where’s the bloody key?!
1♥8♥9♥9年2月8日
February 8,1♥8♥9♥9.
今天终于有了突破
Today,finally,a breakthrough.
泰斯拉同意见我
Tesla’s agreed to see me.
这很百分之百安全
Perfectly safe.
你是魔术大♥师♥丹顿
So this is the Great Danton.
艾利经常说你的表演很精彩
Mr. Alley has effused about your act to me on any number of occasions.
伸出另一只手
Hold out other hand.
电流从哪里通过?
What’s conducting the electricity?
我们的身体能生产
Our bodies,Mr. Angier.
并制♥造♥能源
Quite capable of conducting and,indeed,producing energy.
你吃过了吗?
Have you eaten,Mr. Angier?
我需要惊世骇俗的魔术
I need something impossible.
你听过这句俗话吗? “心有余而力不足”
You’re familiar with the phrase,”Man’s reach exceeds his grasp”?
那不是真话
Is a lie.
人类只是胆量不够
Man’s grasp exceeds his nerve.
社会一次只能接受一种改变
Society only tolerates one change at a time.
我第一次试着改变世界…
First time I tried to change the world
被称为先知
I was hailed as a visionary.
第二次他们却请我退休
Second time I was asked politely to retire.
所以我在这里享受退休时光
So here I am,enjoying my retirement.
没有不可能的事
Nothing is impossible
只是很昂贵
Mr. Angier. What you want is simply expensive.
你只用这机器
If I were to build for you this machine
来表演魔术?
you would be presenting it merely as illusion?
如果大家把我的表演当真
Well,if people actually believed the things I did on stage
就不会鼓掌 只会尖叫 想想看 把女人锯成两半
they wouldn’t clap,they’d scream. Think of sawing a woman in half.
你想过这机器的代价吗?
Have you considered the cost of this?
钱不是问题
Price is not an object.
或许吧 你有想过代价吗?
Perhaps not,but have you considered the cost?
我不懂你的意思
I’m not sure I follow.
回家吧 忘了这件事
Go home,forget this thing.
我看得出你着了魔
I can recognize an obsession.
这不会有好事
No good will come of it.
你自己着了魔也没好事吗?
Hasn’t good come of your obsessions?
一开始有 但我沉迷太久了
At first,but I have followed them too long.
我成了它的奴隶 总有一天 它们会毁了我
I am their slave. And one day,they will choose to destroy me.
既然着了魔 那你就该知道我不会改变心意
If you understand an obsession,then you know you won’t change my mind.
就这样吧
So be it.
你愿意打造了吗?
Will you build it?
我已经开始打造了
I’ve already begun to build it,Mr. Angier.
希望你享受山上的空气
I hope you enjoy the mountain air.
这得花点时间
This will take some time.
(魔术大♥师♥挑战死亡)
(重返江湖的移形遁影术)
我以为你走了
Uh…I thought you’d gone.
我没有地方可以去
I don’t really have anywhere to go.
你都睡在这里?
You’ve been sleeping here?
柯特说我可以睡在这里 你在做什么?
Cutter said it’d be all right till we get another booking. What are you doing?
做研究
Uh…research.
魔术师得刺探对手表演什么…
Part of a magician’s job is to watch his competition,see what illusions…
你打算对付他 对吧?
You’re going to do something to that man,aren’t you?
柯特希望你忘了这件事
Cutter’s hoping you let things lie.
如果波登觉得你们扯平了…
He says if Borden thinks things are even between you…
扯平?
Even?
他用手指换我太太的命?
My wife for a couple of his fingers?
他现在有家有室又能上台表演
He has a family now and he’s performing again.
波登假装没事发生 继续过着日子
Borden is out there living his life just as he intended
看看我
as if nothing had happened and look at me.
-我孤家寡人 没戏院要请我表演 -是我们
-I’m alone and no theater will touch me. -Us.
你需要更好的伪装
You’re going to need a better disguise.
我需要志愿者
I need a volunteer.
发生什么事?
What happened?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!