l said l’d die to get a letter through. Johnny!
我说 为了送信我会万死不辞 强尼!
Why don’t you run along.
你怎么还不走开
l need to speak to this man.
我要和他说几句话
l’ll see you around.
我待会再找你
Sure thing, Ford.
就这么说定了 福特
Johnny is impressed with you. Whole town is impressed with you.
强尼对你印象很好 整个镇子的人对你印象都很好
l take it you’re not.
我猜不包括你吧
You’re smarter than you look. What can l do for you?
你比你看起来的要聪明的多 有什么可以效劳的?
You can either clear out or l can throw you out. Either way suits me.
要么你自己自动消失要么我把你赶走 两条路随你挑
You don’t understand. l’m a government employee authorized by…
你还没搞明白 我是由政♥府♥授权的…
You are not authorized by shit!
你被授权个屁!
You were trying to sneak out of here. You are nothing…
你只是逃难到了这里 你只不过是个…
…but a drifter who found a bag of mail. l want you out of town.
…发现了一袋信件的流浪汉 我要你滚出我的镇子
All right. This is going in my report.
好吧 我会把这都写进我的报告
These people don’t need dreams, Mr. Postman.
邮差先生 这里的人们不需要梦想
They need something real. They need help with the Holnists.
他们需要一些实际的东西 他们需要赫纳斯的帮助
Are you going to bring them that?
你能带给他们这些吗?
Didn’t think so.
我想不能吧
All you cost us so far is a few bowls of soup and maybe a few broken hearts.
到目前为止你带给我们的只是 几碗汤还有几颗破碎的心
l aim to keep it that way.
我要这个地方保持原样
You can stay here till morning…
你可以在这待到明天早上…
…then l don’t ever want to see you again.
…以后我就再也不想看见你了
“Benning.
班宁
Portland.
波特兰
Boston”?
波士顿?
What the hell these people…
这些家伙…
Just leave it.
走开
l said, leave it.
我叫你走开
“Saint Rose”?
圣玫瑰园?
Hello, Abby.
你好 艾比
You’ll be leaving tomorrow?
你明天就要走了?
l guess.
是吧
Everybody’s up late writing letters for you to take.
每个人都在熬夜写信 等着你帮他们带走
They’re so excited.
他们都很兴奋
And how about you? Do you have a letter?
那你呢? 你写信了没有?
l don’t have anybody to write to.
我不知道要写给谁
l’ll find you a pen pal.
我可以给你找个笔友
Someone with similar interests. You know?
就是有着相同爱好的一些人
Like dancing and…
比如说跳舞了 还有…
…checking for mumps.
…检查腮腺炎
You’re funny.
你很风趣
Hardly anybody’s funny around here.
镇上的人几乎都不懂风趣了
Have you decided yet?
你已经决定了没有?
Been thinking about it.
我一直都在考虑
Sure.
当然了
l mean…
我是说…
…why not?
…为什么不呢?
God, you’re so….
天啊 你真是太…
You’re so…
你太…
…beautiful.
…漂亮了
l’m sorry, you probably want to keep things more clinical.
对不起 也许你希望这更像是个医疗手术
You don’t even know my name.
你甚至不知道我的名字
l don’t want to.
我不想知道
lt would be easier for me…
如果你把眼睛闭上的话…
…if you closed your eyes.
…我会觉得更自然
We took a vote, Mr. Postman.
邮差先生 我们经过讨论
We want you to have this.
希望你能收下
So you can’t say no.
所以你不能拒绝
l’ll take it.
我收下了
You got a bedroll, some oats and a week’s rations.
一卷铺盖 一些麦片还有一周的干粮
Good.
很好
Thank you.
谢谢
Where will you go from here?
你要往哪里走?
Go?
哪里?
West…
西方…
…then l’ll work my way…
…然后我又会再返回来…
…back here, sort of a figure eight.
…就像走个”8″字形
Times seem hard right now.
现在的情况是困难了点
But you got to believe things are getting better.
但是你们要坚信会越来越好的
Birds are migrating again.
鸟儿又开始迁徙了
The rains are back.
雨季来临了
Stuff’s….
局势…
Stuff’s getting better.
局势正在逐渐好转
Shit!
该死!
You’ve got a hell of a nerve, whoever you are.
无论你是谁 你还是显得有些紧张
Did you see Abby around this morning?
今天早上你看见艾比了吗?
This is as far as l go.
我就送你到这里了
You’re on your own.
你自己上路吧
Are you really who you say you are?
你真的像你说的是个邮差吗?
lf l come back with some mail…
如果我带着信件回来…
…you’ll know.
…你就会相信了
Goddamn it!
该死
What are you looking at?
你看什么?
Everything.
全身
They don’t usually look at me.
他们通常不看我的
Who is responsible…
那个…
…for that?
…是谁干的?
l said…
我说…
…”Who’s responsible…
…那是…
…for that?!
…谁干的?!
Holnists, Johnny. You got to stay…
赫纳斯 强尼 你得呆在…
You got to stay out of sight. l’m a postman!
你不能让他们发现 我是个邮差!
And l’m not running from anybody!
我不会当逃兵的!
Stay out of this, or l will lock you up myself.
呆在这里 不然我会亲自把你锁起来!
You’ll be responsible.
你得负责
Now set that flag on fire.
去把旗子烧了
Throw it through the window of your post office.
从窗户扔进邮局
Do it, Michael.
快照办 迈克尔
lt’s all right, Michael. Throw it.
没事的 迈克尔 快照办
The United States…
美♥利♥坚♥合众国…
…doesn’t exist!
…并不存在!
That flag is an abomination!
那面国旗就是垃圾
There was the strangest little goat and it was behind a fence and it….
有一个最奇怪的小山羊 它躲在栅栏后面…
l looked at it and it had a color to it.
我看着它而它脸色就变了
Good.
不错
Everything.
都不错
l was amazed. lt was….
我很吃惊 难道它是…
Good Lord!
真不赖!
That, gentlemen…
先生们 那个…
…is a first-rate piece of ass.
是第一流的美臀
Tell the sheriff to introduce me. She doesn’t belong in this mudhole.
去叫镇长给我引见一下 她这种美人不属于这种小地方的
Excuse me.
请原谅
You again!
又是你啊
That’s my wife, General.
她是我老婆 将军
She’s a married woman.
她已经结婚了
Really?
是吗?
Do you know what system of government we have here?
你知道我们在这里执行的是什么政♥府♥体制吗?
We have what is known as a feudal system, like in the Middle Ages.
我们执行的是所谓的联邦体系 就像中世纪那样
That’s lords and vassals. That’s you and me.
君主和臣子 就像你和我
Now those lords…
现在那些君主…
…they had some ideas.
…他们有些想法
They believed that if a vassal got married…
他们认为如果一个臣子结婚了…
…it was the lord’s right…
…那君主就有权…
…his right…
…有权…
…to sleep with the bride on the wedding night.
…享有和臣子的新娘过夜的”初夜权”
Me and Abby have been married 3 years.
我和艾比已经结婚三年了
l’m sorry, but l wasn’t invited to the wedding.
真遗憾我没有被邀请参加你们的婚礼
You’ve already done me one favor, son.
你已经帮我一个忙了
Don’t let this be a black mark on an otherwise perfect record.
不要让这件事成为你的一个污点
We’ll be civilized about this.
我们都是斯文人