cozy up to communist China, without fear of major political cost.
而不害怕巨大政♥治♥成本的人之一了
Eh, but is Nixon that smart?
但尼克松有那么聪明吗
He never laughed at one of my jokes.
我讲的笑话他从来不笑
Oh, Kay, I don’t know how you do it.
凯 我不知道你是怎么做到的
I don’t know how you keep up with it all
我不知道你在白天要工作的情况下
when you have this day job.
怎么才能做到了解所有事情的动态
You need to read more books.
你需要多看书
Kay, could I have just a word?
凯 我能跟你说句话吗
Everything all right?
一切还好吗
Marg okay? Yes, she’s fine.
玛格没事吧 没事 她很好
Said the procedure went very well.
听说一切都进展得很顺利
Oh, good, I’ve been meaning to…
那就好 我本想…
I…
我…
I wanted to tell you,
我想告诉你
and I want you to hear from me first…
而且我想让你先从我这里得知…
there’s an article about me
明天 《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》
coming out in The Times tomorrow.
会刊登一篇与我有关的报道
It’s not flattering.
不是什么好话
Running? Me?
跑步 我吗
Now, you know me better than that.
你对我的了解可不止这么一点吧
Three days and three nights and not a word.
你一声不吭地就消失了整整三天
Well, I’ve been very busy.
我最近有点忙
For all I knew you were lying
你肯定是躲在
in the gutter somewhere…
躲在哪个臭水沟里…
with a knife in your back.
还拿着把刀防身
Lying in the gutter?
躲在臭水沟里
Now, look, sweetheart, I’ll tell you what happened.
冷静点 亲爱的 我说还不行吗
I was in Birmingham.
我去伯明翰了
Birmingham?
伯明翰
Hello?
你好
Hello, Ben.
你好 本
Hello, Katharine.
你好 凯瑟琳
I’m sorry to bother you so late.
抱歉这么晚打扰你
Listen, were you able to make any headway with Mr. Sheehan?
希恩的事你有什么消息吗
No, no. I haven’t.
还没有
I just had an odd conversation with Bob McNamara…
鲍勃·麦克纳马拉刚跟我说了些奇怪的话
and I think The Times may have a big story tomorrow.
明天 《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》可能要爆出大新闻了
Oh, damn it.
真该死
You know, he wouldn’t give me any details…
他不肯具体说是什么事…
but Bob said it was quite detrimental to him and…
但鲍勃说会对他十分不利…
Ben!
本
We got ’em.
我们拿到了
We got ’em.
拿到了
Yeah, quite good. The happy couple.
很好 瞧瞧这一对儿 多开心
Hey, chief! Mr. Bradlee.
嘿 你 布莱德利先生
So, did you track down Sheehan?
希恩那有什么动静吗
No, but, I saw a mock-up of tomorrow’s front page.
我看到了明天头版的初稿
There’s a big gap.
这一块是空白的
Nothing there but the name.
只写了个名字
Shit.
见鬼了
Shit.
完了
Shit!
彻底完了
Give us three. Here you go.
来三份 这里
Here, here, here. Thank you, thank you.
这儿 给你钱 谢谢
Thanks, got it.
谢了 给我
General Haig, sir.
黑格将军的电♥话♥
Hi, Al. Yes, sir.
你好 艾尔 是我 将军
What about the casualties last week?
上周的伤亡情况怎么样
You got that figure yet?
拿到数据了吗
No, sir, but I think it’s gonna be quite low.
还没有 但我觉得伤亡人数应该很少
Fine.
知道了
Okay. Nothing else of interest in the world today?
今天没有什么重大事件吗
Yes, sir. Very significant…
有 还很轰动…
this goddamn New York Times exposé…
这该死的《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》
of the most highly classified
把最高机密的战争文件
documents of the war.
都曝光了
You mean that was leaked out of the Pentagon?
你是说从五角大楼泄露出去了吗
The whole study that was done for McNamara.
整个研究都是麦克纳马拉负责的
This is a devastating, uh, security breach…
这是迄今为止出现过的…
of the greatest magnitude of anything I’ve ever seen.
最严重的机密泄露事件
Well, what’s being done about it then?
有什么补救方法吗
Did we know this was coming out?
我们有应急预案吗
No, we did not, sir.
并没有 将军
I have Doctor Kissinger.
基辛格博士来电
Henry, the thing to me is just unconscionable.
亨利 这整件事情简直就是胡来
This is treasonable action on the part
那些泄露机密的混♥蛋♥
of the bastards that put it out.
相当于叛国啊
I’m absolutely certain…
我敢肯定…
that this violates all sorts of security laws.
这违反了每一条安全法规
People have gotta be put to the torch
做出这种事的人就该
for this sort of thing.
被处以火刑
Christ! McNamara knew we couldn’t win in ’65.
天呐 麦克纳马拉在1965年的时候就知道我们必输无疑
That’s six goddamn years ago.
那可是六年前啊
Well, at least we got the wedding.
至少我们成功报道了婚礼
Is anybody else tired of reading the news
有谁已经受不了只能看别人的报道
instead of reporting it?
自己却不能报道吗
Do we have any leads?
一点线索都没有吗
There’s a guy Rhil and I know in Boston, who worked
我认识波士顿一个叫罗尔的人
at Defense when McNamara commissioned the study.
麦克纳马拉做这项研究的时候 他正好在国防部工作
All right, call him.
好 你负责联♥系♥他
Anybody else?
其他人呢
So that’s it?
没了吗
Our best goddamn lead is coming from editorial?
你们居然靠一个编辑来提供线索吗
Well, we are sucking hind tit
好 我们就在后院
in our own backyard.
观战吧
Ben, come on, it’s one story.
本 这没什么大不了的
No, it’s 7,000 pages…
不 这可是七千页的文件…
detailing how the White House has been
里面详细写了政♥府♥是怎样对我们
lying about the Vietnam War for 30 years.
隐瞒了越南战争的真♥相♥三十年之久
It’s Truman and Eisenhower and Jack and LBJ lying.
杜鲁门 艾森豪威尔 杰克 约翰逊都在撒谎
Lying about Vietnam.
都隐瞒了越南战争的真♥相♥
And you think that’s one story?
你觉得这只是一个简单的新闻吗
Let’s do our jobs.
做你们该做的
Find those pages!
找到那些文件
I might have something. Maybe.
我发现了一些东西 或许有用
Well, let me know when it’s a little less wishy-washy.
等你确定的时候再来找我
I’m gonna go chase down a lead of my own.
现在 我有条线索需要跟进
Why don’t you cut your bangs, just a little bit?
修修你的刘海吧 好吗
Mummy, I’m right in the middle.
妈咪 我正在读报纸呢
It’s a bit hard to read, isn’t it?
有点让人读不下去 对吧
Harder for you, I imagine.
我想你更读不下去吧
No.
没有啊
Why?
为什么这么说
These were your people…
这些都是你的朋友
McNamara and Kennedy and Johnson.
麦克纳马拉 肯尼迪和约翰逊
Well, Jack and Lyndon were your father’s friends.
那杰克和林登还是你父亲的朋友呢
You flew down to Texas with Lyndon
那次大会结束后 你就和林登
the weekend after his convention.
一起飞去德克萨斯过周末了
That’s your fault. You wanted to see his helicopter land.
还不是因为你想去看他新修的直升机起降场
And the instant he saw you, he invited you to the ranch.
他可是一看到你就邀请你去他的牧场转转
Oh, well, he just wanted the paper to endorse.
他只是想要我在那些文件上签字而已
Yes, but my point is
或许吧 但我想说的是
you had Steve and Bill waiting at home.
史蒂夫和比尔在家等着你呢
You had houseguests… I know.
你家里还有来访的客人 我知道
Waiting at the farm.
在农场等你
You had nothing but dirty clothes in your suitcase.
你的行李箱里塞满了脏衣服
How do you know what I had in my suitcase?
你怎么知道我行李箱里装了什么
Yet you jumped on Air Force One, spent the weekend.
但你还是扑向了空军一号♥ 享受你的周末去了
I did not jump.
我没有扑
Swimming and speed-boating…
游泳 坐快艇…