Well, take me back down where cool water flow, yeh.
# 带我重回清流潺潺之地 #
Let me remember things I love
# 让我记住心中所爱 #
Dan. Your rifle.
丹 你的来♥福♥枪♥
All right, do them all.
好了 都画上迷彩条
First and second squad, too.
第一和第二小队也要
Stoppin’ at the log where catfish bite.
# 流连于木桩前 鱼儿在此上钩 #
Who’s the longhair?
那个长头发的是谁
That’s Ellsberg. Works for Lansdale at the embassy.
那是埃尔斯伯格 为大使♥馆♥的兰斯代尔工作
He’s observing.
他是侦察兵
I can hear the bull frog callin’ me.
# 我能听到蛙声的召唤 #
Wonder if my rope’s still hangin’ to the tree.
# 我的绳索是否还挂在树上 #
Let’s move out.
出发吧
Let’s go. Moving out.
走吧 出发
Love to kick my feet way down the shallow water.
# 喜欢踩着河边浅水嬉戏 #
Shoe fly, dragon fly, get back to your mother
# 鞋子掉了 蜻蜓飞舞 回去找妈妈 #
I’ll take good care of it.
我会好好保护它的
Skip it across Green River.
# 在绿河上打水漂 #
Bravo 27, this is Kilo 4 Tango.
Bravo 27 这里是Kilo 4 Tango
Fire mission. Grid 298471.
请求开炮 坐标298471
Lay down.
躺下
Just hang in there, buddy. They’re gonna fix you up.
坚持住 老兄 他们会治好你的
Dan?

Dan?

Dan!

Secretary would like a word. You wanna follow me?
国务卿想跟你谈谈 跟我来一下好吗
Well, you can say what you want to the President.
你跟总统说什么都可以
I’ve read every one of Ellsberg’s reports…
但我已经读了埃尔斯伯格的每一页报告
and I’m telling you, it’s just not the case.
我告诉你 事情不是你想的那样
Dan, you know Mr. Komer.
丹 这位是卡尔玛先生
He’s been discussing the war with the President…
他一直在和总统讨论越南的战役
and, well, his sense is that
他认为
we’ve made real progress over the past year…
我们在过去一年里取得了相当大的进展…
but I’ve been doing my own review, and it seems to me…
但我一直在有在观察 在我看来…
that things have gotten worse.
情况变得更糟了
But neither of us have been in the field.
但我们都没上过战场
You have, you’re the one who knows.
而你曾上过 你应该知道事实是怎样的
So, what do you say?
所以你的看法是什么
Are things better or worse?
情况是变好还是变糟了
Well, Mr. Secretary…
国务卿先生
what I’m most impressed by is how much things are the same.
我最惊讶的是情况几乎毫无改变
You see, that’s exactly what I’m saying.
你听到了 这和我说的是一个意思
We put another hundred thousand troops
我们派遣了十万军队
into the field, things are no better.
上战场 但情况毫无好转
To me, that means things are actually worse.
对我来说 这就相当于情况更糟了
Thank you, Dan.
谢谢你 丹
Mr. Secretary!
国务卿先生
Mr. Secretary! Sir!
国务卿先生 先生
How was your trip, sir? Sir.
你这次的访问如何 先生
Good afternoon, gentlemen.
下午好 先生们
I don’t have any prepared remarks…
我没有预先准备好要发言…
but I’d be very happy to take your questions one at a time.
但我很乐意回答你们的问题 一个个来
Jim. Mr. Secretary…
吉姆 国务卿先生
I’m wondering if the trip left you optimistic or pessimistic…
我想知道 通过这次访问 您对此次战争…
about our prospects in this war and our ability to win it.
以及我们的胜率持积极态度还是消极态度
He asked whether I was optimistic or pessimistic.
他问我的态度是积极的还是消极的
Today, I can tell you that military progress over
今天 我可以告诉你们 在过去十二个月里
the past 12 months, has exceeded our expectations.
我们所取得的军事进展已经超过预期
We’re very encouraged by what we’re seeing in Vietnam.
在越南的所见所闻让我们深受鼓舞
In every respect, we’re making progress.
在方方面面上 我们都取得了进展
And I’m especially pleased to have had
并且我特别高兴能有
Bob Komer along for the trip.
鲍勃·卡尔玛随行
So he could see for himself
这样他能亲眼看到
that we’ve been showing great improvement…
我们在战事上取得了…
in every dimension of the war effort.
全方面的巨大进展
Derek.
德里克
美国 – 越南关系
最高机密
最高机密
越南任务小队
Good night, Dan.
晚安 丹
Good night, Dan. Night, guys.
晚安 丹 晚安 朋友们
You okay, Dan?
你还好吗 丹
Yeah. Yeah, thought I’d forgot something.
没事 没事 我以为我忘带了什么
I didn’t.
其实没有
Next left on Melrose.
下一个路口在梅尔罗斯左转
We have committed ourselves to the cause…
“我们向联♥合♥国♥承诺…
of a just and peaceful world order
要为建立平等和平的国际秩序
through the United Nations.
贡献一分力量”
“May 3rd, 1950.”
一九五零年五月三日
“President Truman approved $10 million”
“杜鲁门总统批准对印度支那
“In military aid to Indochina.”
投入一千万的军事援助”
America’s leadership
“美国的领导地位和
and prestige depend…
威望取决于…
on how we use our power in the interests of world peace.
如何尽我们之力 维护世界和平”
“I feel concerned about paragraph six…”
“我对第六段中提及的…
“Which gives authority to control”
对越南大选享有控制权
“General elections in Vietnam.”
表示担忧”
The United States, as the world knows,
“美国 众所周知
will never start a war.
从来不会主动发起战争”
“May 11th, 1961.”
一九六一年五月十一日
“President Kennedy orders”
“肯尼迪总统下令由国防部
“A full examination by the Defense Department…”
就派遣美国武装力量
“Of a possible commitment of U. S. Forces to Vietnam.”
至越南之事进行全面调查”
We are not about to send American boys…
“我们不会把美国同胞
9 or 10,000 miles away from home…
送到离家一万英里以外的地方…
to do what Asian boys ought to be doing for themselves.
去完成本该由亚洲人完成的事”
“President Johnson chose to reaffirm the Kennedy policies.”
“约翰逊总统选择追随肯尼迪总统的政策”
“Military operations should be initiated”
“必须要在严格的政♥治♥管控下
“Under close political control.”
方可发起军事行动”
Can we just do the numbers
我们能再练一遍
just one more time?
数字的部分吗
The company’s selling how many shares?
公♥司♥要卖♥♥多少股票
1.35 million shares.
一百三十五万股
And the price range is?
价格范围是
Between $24.50 and $27 per share.
每股二十四点五至二十七美元
Not exactly a huge difference.
没什么太大的区别
For them. But, you know, the bankers
那是对他们来说 但你也知道的
always do fiddle with the prices.
银行家们老是玩数字游戏
But for us, that’s over $3 million…
但对我们来说 那是三百多万…
and that represents over five years’ salary
等同于二十五个优秀记者
for 25 good reporters.
五年的薪水
Good. But why spend in the newsroom?
很好 那为什么要花在新闻制♥作♥上呢
You’re far less profitable
甘耐特报业和
than Gannett or Knight or Ridder.
奈特里德报业比你可赚得多
Gannett and Knight and Ridder
这些集团只是在
own monopoly papers in smaller cities.
一些小城市垄断了报业
And our readers are leaders, you know.
但我们的读者是国家领袖
They’re educated. They demand more.
他们受过良好的教育 他们的要求更高
That’s why we invest in really good reporters.
所以我们要把钱投资在优秀记者身上
And so…
还有
Because quality and profitability
因为质量和收益
do go hand in hand.
是相辅相成的
See? Yeah.
你听听 是啊
You know all this already. Oh, gosh!
你其实清楚得很 天哪
I don’t know if I do.
我不知道是不是我真的明白
I should get to breakfast. Yeah.
我该去吃早餐了 好
We don’t want Paul or Arthur too antsy this afternoon.
今天下午不能让保罗和亚瑟等太久了
No.
没错
Good luck.
祝你好运
And thank you, Fritz. Mmmhmm.
还有 谢谢你 弗里茨 不客气
See you downtown. I’ll see you.
城里见 回头见
You think this is really necessary?
你觉得一定要这样做吗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!