‘I’m not the worst golfer and I’m willing to prove it.’
“ 好,太好了 ”
‘Ok, great.’
“ 我们在这里建了个小高尔夫球场 ”
‘we have set up a little golf course here.’
“这不是高尔夫球场,而是轻击区 ”
‘it’s not a golf course, it’s a putting green.’
“好了,这很令人兴奋,不是吗? ”
‘great. It’s exciting, isn’t it?’
“喔,就差一点 ”
‘oh, now, that was close.’
“ 刚才那击是测试,确认草皮上的速度 ”
‘that was a practice shot, get the pace of the green.’
“是啊,外面一直在下雨 ”
‘yes, well, it has been raining out here,
“ 所以可能有点潮湿,是吗? ”
so it could be a bit damp, couldn’t it?’
“哦!”
‘oh!’
“现在,你觉得你应该被允许重回公开赛,对吗? ”
‘now, you feel that you should be let back into the open, is that right?’
“是的,一项公开的赛事,你懂的,应该对所有人开放 ”
‘yes, an open championship, you know, should be open to everyone.’
“ 嗯,就像足总杯,你懂的,给…小球队一个机会 ”
‘uh, like the fa cup, you know, give the…Give the little teams a chance.’
“ 啊! 运气不佳 ”
‘Oh! Now, bad luck.’
“呃,我觉得这块地…不平 ”
‘uh, I think this ground is…Is sloping.’
“是的,每个人都说过这个停车场有点斜,所以……”
‘well, uh, everybody does say that this car park is a bit lopsided, so…’
“我得把画面交回给演播室了 ”
‘I’d best hand back to the studio.’
“感谢了不起的莫里斯·弗立克罗夫特 ”
‘thank you to the fantastic Maurice flitcroft.’
“ 世界最差劲高尔夫球手 ”
‘the world’s worst golfer.’
“不,我不是世界最差劲高尔夫球手 ”
‘no, I’m not the world’s worst golfer.’
“我不同意这个说法 ”
‘i don’t agree with that.’
打得好,莫里斯
Good shot, Maurice.
嘿,真的被你打进了吗?
Hey, it’s really coming, innit?
真的进了
It’s coming.
熟能生巧,知道吗?
Practice is the road to perfection, you know?
我在这里,亲爱的
In here, love.
我没错过什么吧?
Have I missed ’em?
没有,还没消息
No, nothing yet.
练习得怎么样?
How was practice?
非常好,每时每刻都在进步
Was great. Getting better all the time.
是孩子们吗?
Boys?
我们赢了!
We did it!
我们他妈的赢了! 全国冠军!
We bloody did it! National champions!
我们将创造历史,下一次是世界决赛!
We’re gonna make history. The world final’s next!
干得好,小伙子们
Oh, well done, lads.
哦,做得很好,决赛在哪里,亲爱的?
Oh. Well done. Where are the finals, love?
在该死的法国!
Fucking France!
你们去好好比吧
You go have fun.
我爱你
I love you.
他们挂了,我们是不是也庆祝一下?
They’re gone. There. Shall we celebrate too?
我去冰箱里拿“杯杯香”汽酒
Got some babycham in the fridge.
应该庆祝一下
We should celebrate.
给我来杯茶,亲爱的
I’ll have a cup of tea, please, love.
好的,亲爱的
All right, love.
我以后要多练习练习推杆技术
Have to do some more practice later to work on me putting.
亲爱的…
Love…
别对自己太严格了
Don’t be so hard on yourself.
那个停车场有斜度
There was a slope in that car park.
我从电视里已经发现了
I could see it from here on the television.
我不知道为什么会这样
I don’t know what happened.
我可能有点紧张
I got a bit nervous, maybe.
亲爱的?
Love?
我有一点…偏头痛
Got a bit of me… of me migraine.
我不知道
I don’t know.
你认为杰克·尼科尔森先生怎么样
How do you think that mr Jack Nicholson
他在 50 岁的时候开始打高尔夫球?
would’ve done taking up the golf at fifty?
杰克·尼克劳斯吗?
Jack nicklaus?
是的,没有教练
Yeah. No coaching.
没有上一节课,是吗?
Not one lesson. Eh?
他不得不在沙滩上练习,脚边还有只讨厌的寻回犬在吠叫
And having to practise on a beach with a bloody retriever yapping at his ankles.
你能想到他会打那么好吗?
You think he’d have done any better?
说得好
It’s a good point.
但他们还是不让我…
But they still won’t let me…
不让我参加,所以…
Let me join, will they? So…
没必要谈这个
There’s no point in talking about it.
好吧
All right.
没有意义
There’s no point.
好吧
All right.
他们可能不让你进去,但是…
They might not let you in, but, uh…
如果你以别人名义呢?
What about if you were to enter as someone else?
别人?
Someone else?
是啊
Yeah.
也许是时髦的法国人?
Dashing frenchman perhaps?
你好
Bonjour.
珍,你真是个天才
Jean, you’re a genius.
非常别致
Tres chic.
你好
Bonjour.
女士们先生们,走上发球区的是来自法国巴黎的…
‘Ladies and gentlemen, welcome on the tee, from Paris, France,
杰拉德·霍比
Gerard hoppy.’
1978 英国公开赛资格赛,第一轮
好的,你可以的
Ok, you’ve got this.
你练习得已经非常棒
Your practice has been sensational.
没人会猜是你的,所以放轻松,夺冠回家,莫里斯
No one’ll guess it’s you, so just relax and bring it home, Maurice.
再说一遍,别叫我莫里斯
Again, don’t call me Maurice.
啊,该死,对不起,老莫
Ah, shit, sorry, mol.
也别叫老莫,我是杰勒德,杰勒德·霍比
Or mol, I’m Gerard, Gerard hoppy.
明白
Gotcha.
“法国人杰拉德·霍比开了个好球”
‘That’s a nice opening drive from the frenchman, Gerard hoppy.’
好球!
Yes!
“挥臂动作有点异常,但是,效果不错 “
‘unusual swing, but, uh, effective.’
好球,莫里斯
Good shot, Maurice.
杰拉德
Gerard.
杰拉德,妈的,对不起
Gerard. Shit, sorry.
击中,杰拉德!
Shot, Gerard!
非常感谢
Merci beaucoup.

Yeah.
法国人杰拉德·霍比开局发挥稳定
And that’s a steady start for the frenchman, Gerard hoppy.
他已经通过了前两洞
He’s parred the first two holes.
我必须承认我不太了解这个家伙
I must confess I don’t know much about this fellow,
但他是个穿衣整洁的时髦人,这是我的评价
but he’s a natty dresser, I’ll give him that.
“法国人准备打柏忌球”
‘This for a bogey for the frenchman.’
“ 进了! 我的天,他打进去了 ”
‘and it’s in! My goodness, he rattled that one in.’
杰拉德·霍比是谁?
who is this Gerard hoppy?
我在记录里翻不到
I can’t find him in the notes.
我也从没听说过他
I’ve never heard of him either.
谢谢,谢谢
Merci, merci.
盯紧他
Keep an eye on him.
法兰西万岁!
Vive la France.
“ 现在吹起了微风,我们随杰勒德·霍比到了第十个发球区 ”
‘And now, as the breeze gets up, we join Gerard hoppy on the tenth tee.’
“ 依然进展顺利 ”
‘still going well.’
“ 依然进展顺利 ”
‘still going well.’
“ 这是他第一次参加资格赛 ”
in his first qualifier.’
“ 啊! 那个…”
‘oh! And that’s…’
“ 他打得往左偏了,球进了沙坑 ”
‘he’s tweaked that left and it’s in the bunker.’
没事,沙坑而已
right, it’s just a bunker.
记住你的练习! 你已经练过很多次了,老莫!
Remember your practice! You’ve done this loads of times, mol!
什么?
What?
哦,妈的! 对不起,老莫!
Oh, shit! Sorry, mol!
我是说杰拉德!
I mean Gerard!
杰拉德! 妈的!
Gerard! Shit!
怎么了,莫里斯?
What’s up, Maurice?
克里夫…
Cliff…
(法语)请过来一下
请别再叫我莫里斯了
Please, stop calling me Maurice.
妈的,对不起,伙计
Shit, sorry, mate.
是麦肯齐,他发现我们了
It’s MacKenzie, he’s spotted us.
在哪里?
Where?
他在那里,不,在我们身后
He’s up there. No, behind us.
在后面,不要回头看,别回头
Behind. Don’t look back. Don’t look back.
弗立克罗夫特先生
Mr flitcroft.
哦,对不起,先生
Uh, pardon, monsieur.
我的名字是杰勒德·霍比

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!