Shame. Wait a minute, me heart.
哦,珍,它在跳动,我的老心啊
Oh, Jean, it’s rattling some. Me old heart.
嗯,那是什么?
Well, what’s that?
你做了什么?
What’ve you done?
哦,莫里斯
Oh, Maurice.
它从我心里跳出来了
It’s come right out of me heart.
你从哪儿弄来的?
Where’d you get that?
克利夫从他朋友的廉价市场弄来寄给我的
Cliff sent it me from his mate down the market.
所以,最好不要在公共场合戴它
So, maybe don’t wear it in public.
很漂亮,谢谢
It’s beautiful, thank you.
我是认真的
I meant it.
我知道,谢谢你!
I know. Thank you.
那么,莫里斯
So, Maurice.
在高尔夫方面,还有其他的目标吗?
Any more goals as far as golf is concerned?
哦,也许是年度体育人物
Oh. Well, maybe sports personality of the year.
我很惊讶没有被提名,一定是个针对我的阴谋
I’m surprised I haven’t been nominated. There’s a conspiracy against me.
这有点不公平,不是吗?
It’s kind of not fair, is it?
不,这就是体育比赛
No, it’s sport.
这都是体育比赛,不是吗?
It’s all about sport, isn’t it?
我的意思是,每场比赛有一个赢家就会有149个输家
I mean, for every winner of a tournament there’s a 149 losers.
这是结束采访的最好方式
Wonderful way to leave the interview.
谢谢
Thanks.
这是莫里斯·弗立克罗夫特
Maurice flitcroft.
英国公开赛的魅影
The phantom of the open.
谢谢你
Thank you.
停机
And cut.
谢谢你,莫里斯
Thank you, Maurice.
现在我可以喝茶了吗?
Will I get my tea now?
哦,天哪,我忘了,谁给莫里斯倒杯茶?
Oh, my gosh, I forgot. Can someone get Maurice his tea?
是六颗糖吗?
Uh, was it six sugars?
是的
six.
在美国,很多职业选手受邀参加英国公开赛却不去
A lot of pros here in the states get invited to play in the open and don’t go.
为什么不去呢?
Why not?
嗯,路途遥远,又很贵…
Well, uh, it’s a long way, it’s expensive…
我有个住在佛罗里达州法兰西人河湾的朋友就是职业选手
I got a buddy who’s a pro in frenchman’s creek, Florida,
他不去,因为他不喜欢苏格兰的天气
and he’s not going because he doesn’t like the weather in Scotland.
你能相信吗?
Can you believe that?
真的吗?
Really?
哦,是的
Oh, yeah.
他叫什么名字?
What’s his name?
“欢迎来到英国公开赛资格赛的第一轮 ”
‘Welcome to the first round of qualifying for the British open.’
“ 这里有来自世界各地的选手 ”
‘we got players here from all round the world.’
“有日本人,澳大利亚人”
‘they’ve got Japanese, Australians.’
“有来自法国、德国、西班牙的球员,应有尽有”
‘players from France, Germany, Spain, you name it.
“ 有个看起来很滑头的美国人 ”
‘A very smooth looking American there.’
“ 球场看起来很壮观 ”
‘the course is looking spectacular.’
“ 那么,闲话少说 ”
‘so, without further ado,
“ 我们到球场上去吧 ”
let’s get out on the course.’
“ 女士们先生们 ”
‘ladies and gentlemen,
“ 欢迎来到发球区 ”
please welcome on the tee,
“ 来自美国佛罗里达州法兰西人河湾的 ”
from frenchman’s creek, Florida,
“ 基恩·帕切科 ”
gene pachecki.’
得了吧
come on.
那不是莫里斯·弗立克罗夫特吗?
isn’t that Maurice flitcroft?
莫里斯·弗立克罗夫特三次参加英国公开赛
所用姓名为:
曼弗雷德·冯·霍夫曼斯塔尔
詹姆斯·博·乔利
阿诺德·帕姆崔
“ 布莱斯菲尔德乡村俱乐部 ”
‘Blythefield country club
“ 正在举办第十届年度弗立克罗夫特会员-嘉宾高尔夫锦标赛 ”
is in the midst of it’s tenth annual flitcroft member-guest golf tournament. ‘
“ 这是个以莫里斯·弗立克罗夫特命名的比赛 ”
‘an event named after Maurice flitcroft.’
“ 莫里斯·弗立克罗夫特,来自巴罗的起重机司机 ”
‘Maurice flitcroft, a crane driver from barrow.’
“ 你打算继续下去吗? 你是否寻求进入名人堂? ”
‘Do you wanna go on? Are you looking maybe at the hall of fame?’
“ 家乡的名人堂,也许还有年度体育人物 ”
‘the hall of fame, back home, maybe, uh, sportsman of the year.’
“ 我很惊讶我没有被邀请或被提名成为… ”
‘I’m surprised I’ve not been invited or nominated for that:
“ …年度体育人物 ”
Sports personality of the year.’
“ 一定发生了什么事情 ”
‘there’s something going on.’
“ 有一个针对我的阴谋 ”
‘there’s a conspiracy being waged against me.’
基恩和詹姆斯真的成为了世界迪斯科舞冠军
“ 得向那些不懂高尔夫的人解释 ”
‘to explain to those who don’t know about golf.’
“ 假设你在果岭上,你要准备推杆 ”
‘you’re gonna putt as if you were on a green.’
“ 你要瞄准这里,很戏剧性,是吗? ”
‘you’re gonna aim for this thing. Quite dramatic, isn’t it?’
“ 哦,很接近了 ”
‘Oh, that was a nearly.’
“ 心理压力很大,你别说话 ”
‘A lot of pressure. You shouldn’t speak.’
“ 你需要打几次来适应果岭 ”
‘You need a few shots to get used to the pace of the green.’
“ 进展不太顺利,是吗? ”
‘this is not going too well, is it?’
“ 这地板是斜的 ”
‘This floor’s sloping.’
莫里斯在最后一次采访中说:我想我在公开赛中还有一次机会
此时他已76岁(图右男子是塞维·巴列斯特罗)
“ 像你这样的人 ”
‘A man of your stature,
“ 以及你在高尔夫球场上的能力 ”
and your competence on a golf course,
“ 你不能不给高尔夫球手一些指点 ”
we can’t leave without some tips for golfers like myself.’
“ 比如像我这种第一次玩高尔夫的人 ”
‘person picking up a golf club for the first time,
“ 你有什么建议吗? ”
what would be your advice?’
“ 我的建议,好… ”
‘my advice, well…’
“ 嗯… ”
‘um…
“ 练习 ”
‘Practice.’
“ 这是通向完美的道路,常规的练习 ”
‘that is the road to perfection. Regular practice.’
莫里斯和珍在一起度过了余生,婚姻生活持续了42年

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!