I wouldn’t be so sure about that!
你为什么不下来看看这个呢?
Why don’t you come down and read this?
我们还要赶飞机呢!
We’ve got a plane to catch!
亲爱的弗立克罗夫特先生,我叫特里·摩尔
Dear mr flitcroft.My name is Terry Moore
我从密歇根的大急流城给您写信
and I am writing to you from grand rapids, Michigan.
您可能不知道,但是,十年来
You won’t be aware of this, but, for ten years now,
我们以您的名义举办了莫里斯·弗立克罗夫特杯赛
we’ve held the Maurice flitcroft trophy in your honour.
所有的会员都带着家人,以最差得分获胜
All the members bring their families and the worst score wins,
而不以最佳得分
not the best.
这就是我们的会员对您和这个奖的喜爱
Such is the affection that our members have towards you and the trophy
我们想邀请您及家人前来
we would like to invite you and your family over
共同庆祝这项赛事满十周年
for the ten-year anniversary of the competition.
对不起,弗立克罗夫特先生说他不想被打扰
Sorry, mr flitcroft said he’s not to be disturbed.
哦,那好吧,嗯…
Oh, all right. Well, uh…
千万把这个交给他,行吗?
Just make sure that he gets this, all right?
当然,可以的
Yeah, of course. Yeah.
我们会提供头等舱机票以及酒店住宿
We ‘d like to offer you first-class tickets, hotel accommodation
以及您可以任意消耗高尔夫球
and as many golf balls as you can lose.
我们希望您能接受我们的邀请,顺颂程安
We hope you’ll accept our invitation and that you have a pleasant flight.
特里·摩尔 敬上
Yours, Terry Moore.
密歇根州大急流城布莱斯菲尔德乡村俱乐部主席
President, blythefield country club, grand rapids, Michigan.
莫里斯,我是特里·摩尔
Maurice, I’m Terry Moore.
哦,你好,特里
Oh, hello, Terry.
很高兴你能接受邀请,欢迎来美国
So glad you could make it. Welcome to america.
很高兴认识你,谢谢你邀请我们
Pleased to meet you. Thanks for having us.
啊,啊,啊,你想干嘛?
ah, ah, ah. What you doing?
我们还没喝完
We’re not finished.
我以为她要拿走,它还挺满的,误会了
I thought she was taking it away, it’s almost full. Sorry.
弗立克罗夫特,该上场了
Flitcroft, it’s showtime.
好,保持冷静
Ok, stay calm.
啊,请到我办公室来,谢谢你们!
Ah, to my office please. Thank you.
迈克,来吧
Mike. Come on.
迈克
Mike.
“终于到了我们期待已久的时刻”
‘Finally, the moment we’ve all been waiting for.’
“ 莫里斯·弗立克罗夫特将在…”
‘Maurice flitcroft will tee off
“ 大急流城的他自己的杯赛上开球 ”
at his own tournament here at grand rapids.’
谢谢弗立克罗夫特先生,你提供了很多值得思考的东西
Thank you, mr flitcroft. You’ve given us much to think about.
失陪一下
Excuse us a moment.
恕冒昧,弗立克罗夫特先生,我们还有一个问题
Excuse me, mr flitcroft. We have just one question more.
我们只是想知道
We were just wondering,
你和莫里斯·弗立克罗夫特有什么关系吗?
are you related by any chance to Maurice flitcroft?
那个疯狂的高尔夫球手?
The crazy golfer?
不,不,不!
No, no, no, no, no!
这只是本地一个很常见的姓
That’s a really common name round these parts.
他和迈克没有任何关系。他属于另一类阶层
He has nothing to do with Michael. He’s a different class of person.
是的,有关系
Yes. I am.
他是我的父亲
He’s my father.
莫里斯·弗立克罗夫特是我爸爸
Maurice flitcroft is my dad.
很荣幸见到你
An honour to meet you.
我们是你父亲的忠实粉丝
We are big fan of your father.
他是唯一比我老板还打的差的高尔夫球手!
He’s the only golfer who is worse than my boss!
是啊! 我们都是莫里斯的忠实粉丝
Yeah! We’re all big fans of Maurice round here.
他以前在这里工作过,你们不知道吗?
He used to work here, don’t you know? Eh?
我们能见见你♥爸♥爸吗?
Can we meet your father?
他会和我们一起打高尔夫吗?
Would he play golf with us?
是的,我想他会很乐意
Yeah, I think he’d like that a lot.
“ 多棒的开场杆啊 ”
‘What a great opening drive.’
“ 飞行220 码后,直直落到中场 ”
‘two twenty yards, straight down the middle.’
“ 他们请来的是莫里斯·弗立克罗夫特本尊吗? ”
‘have they got the real Maurice flitcroft?’
“对不起!”
“ 哦,我确定那就是他 ”
‘oh, I think that’s him.’
“ 你没事吗? ”
‘you ok?’
我们要留在这里,兄弟
We’re staying here, brother.
你会读心术吗,伙计
Read my mind, mate.
杰出的舞者
great dancers.
我刚刚丢掉了青少年俱乐部的冠军
‘I’d just thrown away the junior club championship
因为在15英尺我推了三杆
with a three putt from 15 feet.’
回家后我对爸爸说:“ 就这样吧,我要放弃高尔夫了 ”
‘i went home and I said to my dad: “That’s it, I’m giving up golf”.’
我回到房♥间,打开电视
‘i went to my room, switched on the TV
看见莫里斯·弗立克罗夫特在10英尺推了四杆
and saw Maurice flitcroft hit four putts from ten feet.’
我下楼对爸爸说:“ 也许我不是很差 ”
‘i went downstairs and said to my dad: “Maybe it wasn’t so bad”.’
“ 明年我要去奥古斯塔参加美国大♥师♥赛 ”
‘Next year I’ll be playing at the us masters in Augusta
“ 争夺美国业余组冠军 ”
for winning the us amateur championship.’
“ 女士们先生们,隆重介绍莫里斯·弗立克罗夫特 ”
‘ladies and gentlemen, I give you, Maurice flitcroft.’
退休快乐,基斯
熟能生巧
“Practice is the road to perfection”.
精彩的演讲
Wonderful speech.
谢谢你
Thank you.
那么,嗯…
‘So, mm…’
高…高尔夫是一项比赛
‘go… golf is a game
有的人打得很好但分数却很差
where you can play well and score poorly
还有的人打的不好却分数很好
or play poorly and score well.’
但…但我从来就与他们不同
‘but… but my game was never like that.’
嗯…我…
‘uh… I…’
我打得很差,分数也很差
‘i played poorly and I scored poorly as well.’
但是,呃,只要我能激励哪怕一个人
‘but, uh, if I can inspire just one person,
就像这个非常有才华的年轻人,那结果就像一杆进洞,不是吗?
like this very talented young man, that’s a hole in one, isn’t it?’
那我做的一切就变得有意义了,祝你好运
‘that makes the whole thing worthwhile. Good luck to you.’
继续练习
‘and keep practising.’
祝你好运
‘good luck to you.’
呃,所以…
‘Uh, so…’
呃,谢谢你
‘uh, thank you.’
“我想感谢,嗯,特里…
‘I’d like to thank, uh, Terry…
特里·摩尔和俱乐部的所有成员
Terry Moore and all the members of the club
我估计花了一大笔钱
paying an enormous amount of money, I expect,
把我和珍以及全家接过来
to bring Jean and I and the family over here,
呃,住上一个星期
uh, for this week.’
但不管买♥♥的机票多贵,航♥空♥公♥司♥还是丢了我们所有行李
‘but whatever you paid, the airline lost all our luggage,
所以还要谢谢你们买♥♥的衣服
so thanks for the clothes as well.’
好吧,我想在台上感谢的人太多了
‘Well, there’s so many people I want to thank while I’m up here.’
我想感谢我的儿子们,詹姆斯和基恩
‘uh, I’d like to thank me sons, James and gene,
他们是弗立克罗夫特奇妙帮
the fantastic flitcrofts,
就是刚才你们看到在地板上跳舞的小伙儿
who you saw dancing on the floor a little while ago.’
还有,呃,我想谢谢我儿子迈克
‘and, uh, I’d like to thank me son, Mike.’
呃,我想感谢劳埃德·多诺万
‘and, uh, I’d like to thank, uh, Lloyd Donovan
呃,一个始终在记录我的起起伏伏的记者
uh, a journalist who’s been documenting me ups and downs.’
但是有一个人,呃,我从来没有在公开场合感谢过
‘but there’s one person that, uh, that I’ve never thanked publicly.’
实际上,我想我甚至从来没有在私下里感谢过她
‘actually, I don’t think I’ve ever even thanked her, uh, privately.’
呃,所以今晚,我非常想感谢我的妻子珍
‘uh, so tonight, I’d very much like to thank me wife, Jean.’
如果生命是一杯茶,
‘if life were a cup of tea,
我的珍就是一块糖
my Jean is the sugar.’
没有它,难以下咽,弃之不及
‘without it, it’s unbearable, Chuck it away.’
但有了它,就像…
‘but with it, it’s like…
如入人间天堂
It’s like heaven on earth.’
她…她像是个魔术师
‘she… she’s a magician.’
是的,她就是个魔术师
‘she is. She’s a magician.’
她是我的生命之光
‘she’s the light of me life
我不知道没有她我该怎么办
and I don’t know how I’d cope without her.’
我非常非常爱她
‘I love her very, very much.’
致敬珍
‘To Jean.’
致敬珍!
To Jean!
谢谢,爸爸
Ta, dad.
谢谢
Ta.
那是鱼子酱
That’s caviar, there.
莫里斯
Maurice.
香槟和鱼子酱
Champagne and caviar.
是的
Yeah.
周游世界
Travel the world.
是的,环游世界,就像我说的
Yeah, travel the world. Like I said.
就像你承诺的那样
Just like you promised.
不用为钻石感到内疚,我会原谅你的
Shame about the diamonds. I’ll forgive you that.
内疚,等一下,我的心…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!