– What? – I imagine you’ve forgotten.
喝茶
Tea!
请用
There you go.
吃蛋糕吗 很结实的
Cake? It’s quite heavy.
我喜欢结实的蛋糕
I like a heavy cake.
我想有吃了蛋糕的实感
I like to… to know I’ve had a cake.
-他不能容忍♥松软的海绵蛋糕 -这样啊
– He can’t abide a light sponge. – I see.
这看起来非常…
Well, this looks very, uh…
天啊 这真是…
Good Lord. That’s, um…
真是非常结实
It’s wonderfully dense.
我看到你在学习 希普先生
I see you’re studying, Mr. Heep.
如果你不嫌弃的话 请叫我尤赖亚
Uriah, if you can bear to.
是的 我正在努力提高自己的法律知识水平
Yes. I’m trying to improve my legal knowledge.
我希望威克菲尔先生愿意让我
I’m hopeful that Mr. Wickfield might be willing
当他的律师学徒
to take me on as an apprentice at law.
也许你会成为合伙人
Perhaps you’ll become a partner.
你在嘲笑我吗
Do you mock me?
你似乎认定别人在嘲弄你
You seem to search for mockery.
我是真心实意的 尤赖亚
That was meant sincerely, Uriah.
尤赖亚 你听到了吗 他叫了尤赖亚
Uriah! Did you hear that? He said Uriah.
-我听到了 -而且是自愿的 妈妈
– I did. – Unprompted, Mother.
而且他还是个绅士
And him a gentleman.
听到你叫我尤赖亚 就仿佛清风拂面
It is like the blowing of old breezes to hear you say Uriah.
让我浑身一个激灵
It thrills me to the stomach.
你赶时间吗
Time is an issue?
你担心谦逊会传染吗
Are you worried humbleness is an infectious disease?
不是 我只是不能待太久
Oh, no. I cannot stay too long is all.
-我把门闩上就可以了 -我们可以把他当宠物养
– You can if I bar the door. – We could keep him as a little pet.
你说什么
I beg your pardon?
只是个玩笑 对不起 只是玩笑
It was a joke. I’m sorry. It was a joke.
我一直在从一本书中学习绅士的幽默
I’ve been attempting to learn gentlemen’s humour from a book.
-是的 -是这样
– He has. – Indeed.
你觉得威克菲尔先生怎么样
What do you think of Mr. Wickfield?
他对酒的嗜好到达了令人羡艳的程度 不是吗
He takes his wine with an enviable degree of enjoyment, don’t he?
-我确实见过他喝酒 不过… -你见过
– I’ve seen him take wine, but… – You’ve seen him?
很高兴知道这个
That’s good to know.
你的同伴 那个教授
Your associate, the, uh… the professor.
他是那种人 对吧
He’s a sort, isn’t he?
在乞丐家寄宿 这是伦敦特色吗
Lodging with a beggar. Is that a London particular?
米考伯先生不是乞丐 他是个漂泊…
Mr. Micawber isn’t a beggar. He’s a man of fluctuating…
再来点茶
More tea.
我带米考伯参观学校的时候
I had an interesting little conversation with Micawber
和他聊了些有意思的事
as I was showing him out the school.
非常有意思
Yeah, fascinating.
你在伦敦度过的时光
Your time in London.
-妈妈 -什么事
– Oh, Mother? – Yes?
再拿瓶奶来
Bring another bottle of milk.
这个瓶子空了 还需要一个瓶子
This bottle is empty and another bottle is needed.
你似乎对这个瓶子很不满
You seem very vexed by this bottle.
你的朋友斯提福兹
Your friend Steerforth is, um…
是对卑微阶层的诅咒
is damning of the humbler classes.
一个名副其实的诅咒工厂
A veritable factory of damnation.
你愿意帮我在威克菲尔先生那里
How would you feel about helping me
谋得一个职位吗
secure a position with Mr. Wickfield?
我真想把这块蛋糕扔到你身上
I have a mind to throw this cake at you.
能砸断你的肋骨
It will break a rib.
你很喜欢暴♥力♥ 不是吗
You’re very fond of violence, aren’t you?
瞧瞧你们俩
Look at you two.
-再来点结实的蛋糕 -蛋糕
– More heavy cake. – Cake.
你一定要带一些回家
You must take some home with you.
我离开的日子和未来的前景
-我想回家 -再忍♥两小时
– I should like to go home. – Just another two hours.
-驴子会回来的 -那就45分钟
– The donkeys will be back. – 45 minutes, then.
威克菲尔先生 这里的地面非常不平坦
Oh, Mr. Wickfield! It is very, very uneven ground.
我刚刚也差点绊倒
I nearly slipped over myself just a minute ago.
-确实很危险 -非常危险
– Very dangerous indeed. – It is dangerous.
-这里应该立警示牌 -应该立警示牌
– We need a sign here. – We need a sign.
-再来点酒 -我不要了
– More wine? – No, not for me.
他不要了 非常感谢
No, not for him. Thank you very much.
好的 那你想让我把它拿走吗
I see. So, do you want me to take it away,
这瓶果香浓郁 单宁酸醇厚的深红色葡萄酒
the delicious, tannic, deep-red wine?
好的 谢谢
Yes, please.
要不稍微倒一点点吧 谢谢 倒三十毫升
Actually, maybe the smallest amount. Thank you. An ounce.
斯提福兹夫人
Mrs. Steerforth.
“姑娘们”
“Oi. Ladies.”
“我一只手背在身后都能把你们打趴下”
“I could beat you with one hand tied behind my back.”
有进步
Getting better.
-詹姆斯 -母亲
– James? – Ah, Mother.
这位是…
This is, um…
大卫·科波菲尔 很荣幸认识…
David Copperfield. A very great pleasure to meet you, Mrs…
你是什么背景 科波菲尔先生 你家什么来头
What’s your background, Mr. Copperfield? Who are your people?
-我家 -你的家人 是什么身份
– My people? – Your family. Are you anyone?
-我父母早逝 那时我才… -上小学
– My parents died when I was… – Prep school?
-是的 在伦敦 -是哪所学校 我应该听说过
– Yes. In London. – I probably know it. Which one?
克里科学校
Creakle’s.
克里科学校 是哪个圣人的名字吗 应该不是
Creakle’s. Is that a saint? I don’t think so.
校长是谁
Who was the headmaster?
-摩德斯通先生 -校服是什么样子
– Mr. Murdstone. – What was the uniform?
裤子 当然是裤子
Trousers, certainly, and…
话说回来
Anyway…
詹姆斯 我来了 既然你抱怨个不停
James, I’m here, since you bleated and bleated.
一会我们一起听斯特朗夫人冗长的致辞
I’ll see you at Mrs. Strong’s interminable speech.
我带了本书
I brought a book.
还带了枕头
And a pillow.
我母亲
My mother.
-老天 -是啊
– Good Lord. – Yeah.
-你注意到她的伤疤了吗 -嗯
– Did you notice her scar? – Yes.
我小时候 有一次她激怒了我
As a young boy she once exasperated me
于是我朝她扔了一把锤子
so I threw a hammer at her.
祝你好运 上帝保佑你
Oh, good luck and God bless.
你一直是我最喜欢的学生 也是最英俊的
You were always my favourite and the most handsome.
-书给你 -谢谢
– Here’s a book. – Thank you.
没有微风 没有气息
No breeze, not a breath.
空气像一具皇家尸体般静止
The air is as still as a royal corpse.
-你好吗 -乔特伍德
– How do you do? – Trotwood.
让我介绍一下斯本罗先生
Uh, let me introduce Mr. Spenlow.
-你未来的老板 -我要做什么工作
– Your future employer. – What am I to be?
你知道的 乔特
You know this, Trot.
-代理人 -代理人
– A proctor. – A proctor.
是的 抱歉
Yes, sorry.
-下午好 -斯本罗先生
– Good afternoon. – Mr. Spenlow.
斯本罗先生
Mr. Spenlow.
-再见 戴西 -别朝人挥手
– Bye, Daisy. – Don’t wave at anyone.
你盯着我看
You were staring slightly.
-我有什么问题吗 -天啊 完全没有
– Is there something wrong with me? – No. Goodness me, no.
我为我的无礼道歉
I apologise for my rudeness.
他道歉了 吉普 我们要原谅他吗
He’s apologising, Jip. Shall we forgive him?
他说原谅你
He says we shall.
-谢谢你 吉普 -别客气 先生
– Thank you, Jip. – Think nothing of it, sir.
-他说得真流利 -其实是我
– Speaks very well. – It was actually me.
我喜欢假装是他在说话
I like to pretend he speaks.
有人觉得这很愚蠢
Some people think it idiotic.
不会 我就总是这样
Oh, no. I do it myself all the time.
不是吗 苹果树先生
Don’t I, Mr… Apple Tree?
是的
Yes.
是的
Yes.
我叫大卫·科波菲尔
I’m David Copperfield.
你还在假扮苹果树吗
Are you still being the tree?
-不是 -我叫朵拉
– No. – I’m Dora…
-斯本罗 -斯本罗
– Spenlow. – Spenlow?
朵拉·斯本罗
Dora Spenlow?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!