而你是我唯一的亲人了
And you’re the only family I have.
-进屋 进屋 珍妮特 -是 夫人
– Come inside. Come inside. Janet! – Yes, ma’am?
-迪克先生 -要水吗
– Mr. Dick. – Shall I get water?
我也没怎么吃东西
And I’ve barely eaten.
-外面好像有驴 -迪克先生
– I think there are donkeys out there. – Mr. Dick!
什么都别碰 没错 没错
Don’t touch anything. That’s it. That’s it.
-抱歉 -能把那个铺在那上面吗
– I’m sorry. – Can you put the thing on the thing?
好了 不是沙发椅 那是维也纳的
There we go. Not the chair. It’s Viennese.
-一切都在打转 -铺在沙发上
– Everything’s circular. – On the sofa.
-他要坐那个沙发椅了 -我要倒了
– He’s actually going to the other chair. – I’m gonna drop.
他晕过去了
He’s gone.
你好 能醒醒吗
Hello? Can you wake up?
-你在做什么 -药 救你啊
– What are you doing? – Medicine. Reviving you.
-这是沙拉调料 -是吗
– This is salad dressing. – Is it?
还以为是雅文邑白兰地 忘戴眼镜了
Thought it was Armagnac. Don’t have my spectacles on.
你是不是也给生菜涂过药膏
Do you have a lettuce somewhere covered in ointment?
他的脑袋完全脱离了身体 确定吗
His head is entirely removed from his body? We’re sure?
暂且别讨论查理一世的脑袋了 迪克先生
Let’s leave Charles’s head on one side for the moment, Mr. Dick.
稍后再说 明白
Pick it up later. Understood.
-你好吗 -迪克先生 别装傻了
– How do you do? – Now, Mr. Dick, don’t be a fool,
你目光敏锐时 没人能赢过你
because nobody can be more discerning than you when you choose.
大卫·科波菲尔 我弟弟 还记得我提起过他吗
David Copperfield, my brother, you’ve heard me speak of him?
是 你刚说了啊
Yes, just then.
你是说在此之前啊
Oh, you mean before that?
是的 我应该记得 我饿了
Uh, yes, I’m sure I remember. Ooh. I’m hungry.
-蛋糕 是蛋糕 -迪克先生
– Cakes. Those are cakes. – Mr. Dick.
我弟弟大卫·科波菲尔 这是他的儿子 离家出走了
My brother, David Copperfield, this is his son, who’s run away.
-我们该拿他怎么办 -你可以做的是…
– What shall we do with him? – One thing you could do is…
-我要是你的话 会给他洗澡 -珍妮特
– If I were you, I’d wash him. – Janet!
-是 -放水 你在这啊
– Yes? – Run the bath! There you are.
-是 夫人 -迪克先生每次都能解决我的问题
– Yes, ma’am. – Mr. Dick cracks it every time.
问题是 我已经很久都没吃东西了
The thing is, I haven’t eaten in a very long time.
-驴 珍妮特 -是 夫人
– Donkeys! Janet! – Yes, ma’am?
肯定有五十头 真是大批来袭
There must be 50 of them. It’s an infestation.
-谢谢 -珍妮特
– Thank you. – Janet!
我姑婆真的要…
Is my aunt really going to…?
对孩子施暴吗 没错
To visit violence upon the boy? Yes.
她是位非凡的女性
She’s a remarkable woman.
非常善良
Very kind.
额 在后面 他要跑惹
“非常善良”
“Very kind.”
他们就是豺狼 是鬣狗
“非常善良”
“Very kind.”
“有人吗 拜托来人啊”
“Somebody. Somebody, please.”
你们在偷正直之人的鸡肉
“拜托来人啊”
“Somebody, please.”
“脑袋被砍掉了”
“Head taken off?”
“确定吗”
“We’re sure?”
“珍妮特 驴”
“Janet! Donkeys!”
我姑婆有趣的表亲
-早上好 迪克先生 -进来 进来 排队[选个Q]- Good morning, Mr. Dick. – Come in. Come in. Form a queue.
大写字母Q 我正在尝试不同的写法
The capital letter Q. I’m trying different forms.
我喜欢这个
I like this one.
烟灰缸里的一支雪茄 明白吧
A cigar in an ashtray. You see?
或是拖线的风筝
Or a kite with a string.
“刽子手的刀锋冰冷而锐利”
“The executioner’s blade is cold and sharp.”
什么
I’m sorry?
那个风筝是你姑婆给我的
Your aunt gave me that kite to
鼓励我时不时地出门走走
encourage me out of the house from time to time
这样她就能安静喝个咖啡
while she drinks coffee and is quiet.
我还是在屋里不出去
I’m still in the house.
你好像在写关于查理一世的故事
I see you’re writing stories about Charles I.
为什么 你为什么这么说
Why? What makes you say that?
我看到有些地方提到了他
There seems to be the occasional reference to him.
-到处都是 -是的
– Everywhere. – Yes.
是的 查理一世在这里阴魂不散
Yes, King Charles I does creep in.
我正在起草一份请♥愿♥书
You see, I’m trying to draft a petition
呼吁改善贫穷劳工的住房♥条件
calling for improved housing conditions for the labouring poor,
我付出了很多心血
and I work very hard at it
但查理一世脑袋里的想法
but the thoughts in King Charles’s head,
不断地影响着我
they keep intruding.
不好意思 查理一世的脑袋
Sorry. King Charles’s head?
是的
Yes.
由于意见不合 他们砍了他的头
Owing to a disagreement, they cut it off.
发生于16♥4♥9年 记录在史的
In 16♥4♥9. That’s well documented.
是吗
Is it?
由于我不完全理解的原因
Well, for reasons that I don’t fully understand,
他们消除了他脑袋中的烦恼
they decided to remove the troubling thoughts in his head
却种到了我脑袋中
and put them into mine.
非常令人困扰 我必须要写下来
Very, very disruptive. I have to write them down, you see.
你写下来了
You write them down?
是的 我…
Yes, I…
“我走上断头台
“I mount the scaffold wearing
身穿两件上衣 这样我的颤抖不会被误认为是恐惧”
two shirts so shivers aren’t mistaken for fear.”
你一定感觉很古怪吧
You must think this very peculiar.
不 完全没有 我也有过这种经历
No. By no means. Something similar happens to me.
是吗 也是查理一世
It does? With King Charles?
不是 但我发现
No, but I find when I’ve been
当我和性格鲜明的人在一起时
in the company of some person of strong character,
他们的声音会留存在我的脑海中
their voice becomes lodged in my head.
还有…
And…
我也写下了我的想法
And I too write down the thoughts I have.
还有我观察到的事物 这是圣保罗教堂
And the things I observe. St Paul’s on there.

See.
“摩德斯通小姐不眠的双眼就像两轮红日”
“Miss Murdstone’s sleepless eyes, like two red suns.”
“瓶子由铸铁活塞推进
“The bottles are propelled by iron pistons
活塞像忧郁而疯狂的大象一样点头”
that nod up and down like melancholy mad elephants.”
-你觉得如何 -我觉得非常好
– What do you think? – I think that’s very, very good.
-你的字也写得非常好 -早餐好了
– And your calligraphy is excellent. – Breakfast is ready!
早餐好了
That’ll be breakfast.
姑婆 迪克先生 他完全…
Aunt, Mr. Dick, is he at all…?
-他提到查理一世了吗 -经常
– Did he mention Charles I? – Quite a lot.
他认为他特殊的状况
He connects his, um, particular situation
非常令人困扰和焦虑
with great disturbance and agitation.
但他的心智如外科医生的手术刀般敏锐 毫无疑问
But his mind’s sharp as a surgeon’s lancet, make no mistake.
我也许可以帮助他
I think I may be able to help him.
那你回去吧 乔特伍德
Well, on you go back up, Trotwood.
-珍妮特马上就能煮个半熟蛋 -谢谢
– Janet can soft-boil an egg in a flash. – Thank you.
不好意思
Sorry.
-乔特伍德 -对 我想叫你乔特伍德
– Trotwood? – Yes, I thought I might call you Trotwood.
既然我要资助我侄孙 他的名字得讨我喜欢
If I’m to financially support my nephew, I want to like his name.
好 我就叫乔特伍德
Trotwood, that’s me, yes.
迪克先生
Mr. Dick?
迪克先生 迪克先生
Mr. Dick? Mr. Dick?
要吃午饭了吗
Is it lunch?
不是 查理一世的那些烦恼
No, the troubling thoughts from King Charles’s head,
让你不堪重负是吗
they weigh you down?
对 我努力理顺这些思绪
Yes, I try and keep them
但是它们还是不断堆积 使我倍感压抑
in order but they do pile up and oppress me.
“随着我的死亡 我从腐朽的王冠走向”
“As I die, I move from corruptible crown to in…”
不是 迪克先生 我们可以把它们释放出去
No, Mr. Dick, we can release them.
我们可以把它们放飞到风中
We can cast them to the wind.
我没觉得好受多少
Can’t say that I’m feeling much better.
你得先让它飞起来 来
You have to fly it first. Come on.
-放风筝啦 -带路 带路
– Kite time! – Lead on! Lead on!
起来 起来 起来 飞起来
Up, up, up, up! Fly!
就是这样 迪克先生 稳一点
That’s it, Mr. Dick. Steady.
-稳住 -难以置信
– Steady. – I can’t believe it.
天空接收到了我的文字
The sky is absorbing my words.
-那些文字飞得越高 -我的思维越清晰
– The higher the words go… – The clearer my mind becomes.
我很久没有这种感觉了
I… I haven’t felt like this…
就像是又回到了备考律师执照的日子
It’s as if I’m reading for the bar again.
那时我还…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!