-或是荷兰奶酪 -这句是你原创的吗
– Or Dutch cheese. – Is that one of yours?
-你该写下来 -晚点再说
– You should write that down. – Later.
戴维小子
Davy boy.
你该上课了
Time for your lesson.
动词有两种语态
And verbs have two voices,
一个是主动语态
one active,
第二个是…
two, um…
-克拉拉 -珍
– Clara! – Jane.
我们该换一种没那么有趣的活动
We should switch to a less enjoyable activity.

Jane!
戴维啊戴维
Oh, Davy, Davy.
别说什么戴维啊戴维
No, don’t say, “Oh, Davy, Davy”.
他要么就会 要么就不会
He either knows his lesson or he does not.
-他不会 -珍
– He does not. – Jane!
捡起来 读给我听
Pick it up. Read it to me.
抓紧时间 小子
Sometime today, boy!
抱歉 先生
Sorry, sir.
你看着我 我读不出来
I can’t when you’re watching me.
就是…
It’s…
这些词都错位了 我太笨了
The words have skates and skim away. I’m very stupid.
-你还不如教家具呢 -珍·摩德斯通 安静
– You’d as soon as teach the furniture. – Jane Murdstone, silence!
你不笨 只是紧张了
You’re not stupid, just nervous.
克拉拉·摩德斯通 安静
Clara Murdstone, silence!
她叫克拉拉·科波菲尔 先生
Clara Copperfield, sir!
-爱德华 -过来
– Edward. – Come on.
-爱德华 别这样 -克拉拉让开 你过来
– Edward, please, no. – Clara. Come on, boy.
-让你丈夫帮你管管孩子 -爱德华 求你了
– Let your husband improve your son. – Edward, please!
不 放开我
No. Get off me.
大卫 等等 戴维
David. Wait. Davy.
只要我遇上了倔强的狗或马
Now, whenever I have an obstinate dog or horse,
我就会揍它 懂吗
I beat him, hm?
我会征服它 哪怕要耗尽
I conquer him, even if it costs him
它的最后一滴血
every last drop of blood he has.
我努力学了 先生
I’m trying to learn, sir,
可你和摩德斯通小姐看着我 我做不到
but I can’t when you and Miss Murdstone are watching me!
是吗
Oh, can’t you indeed?
-爱德华 求你住手 -克拉拉
– Edward, please stop! – Clara!
让我把门撞开吧 科波菲尔夫人
Let me break the door down, Mrs. Copperfield.
是摩德斯通夫人
Mrs. Murdstone.

Jane!
-爱德华在教孩子 -珍
– Edward is teaching. – Jane!
让他好好教
Let him teach.
我自己的房♥子
荷兰奶酪做的脸
一个新爸爸
征服他
我会怎么样
What’s to become of me?
-你会被送走 -去学校吗
– You’re to be sent away. – To school?
小子 教育是很贵的
Education, boy, is costly.
你早晚要面对跟世界的对抗
What lies before you is a fight with the world.
而越早开始就越好
And the sooner you begin it, the better!
我被放逐到了伦敦
摩德斯通制♥造♥
好了 用手动塞瓶器塞上木塞 明白吗
OK, so, cork with the hand corker, yeah?
传给土豆脑袋
Pass it to Mealy Potatoes.
他会贴上标签 一分钟五个
He labels. Five a minute
不然老克里克会把你们吊起来打
or old Creakle hangs your guts out for bunting.
来吧 开始
Come on, let’s go.
拉 拉下来
Pull. Just pull it.
-拉 -他太矮了
– Just pull it. – He’s so tiny!
别担心 很快你就会掌握的 你住哪
Don’t worry, you’ll get the hang of it. Where are you living?
我要寄宿在米考伯家
I’m lodging with the Micawber family,
我与他们还尚未谋面
whom I’m yet to meet.
“尚未谋面”
“Whom I’m yet to meet?”
你在哪长大的 温莎城♥堡♥吗
Where were you brung up? Windsor Castle?
来 练练
Here, practise.
安静
Quiet!
安静
Quiet!
我说了安静 不是吗
I said quiet, didn’t I?
我可没让你们停下工作
I didn’t say stop working!
-谁打破的瓶子 -是他 先生
– Who broke the bottle? – It was him, sir.
上工第一天就打破瓶子
Breaking bottles? On your first day?
-很抱歉 先生 -你很抱歉是吧
– I’m sorry, sir. – You’re sorry, are you?
咱们来看看什么叫抱歉
We’ll find out about sorry.
-你知道我的规矩 -规矩
– You know my rules. – Rules.
-每个瓶子扣半天工钱 -半天工钱
– Half a day’s pay per bottle. – Per bottle.
是那个出了名的会咬人的小子啊 过来
The famous biting boy. Here.
会咬人的小子 过来
Biting boy. Here.
我有幸认识你的继父
I have the happiness of knowing your step… father.
继…父
Step… father.
-他有着强硬的性格 -格
– A man of a strong character. – ‘aracter.
-给他挂上 堂格伊 -挂上 堂格伊
– Tie it to him, Tungay. – To him, Tungay.
是在叫我 抱歉
That’s me. Sorry.
他咬人
看看他背上的字 写了什么
Look at the writing on his back. What’s it say?
写的是他咬人
It says he bites.
开门
Open the door!
你跑不了的
You can’t get away!
骗子 我们知道你在里面
Swindler! We know you’re in there!
-开门啊 米考伯 -米考伯 你在吗
– Come on, Micawber! – Micawber, are you in there?
-快开门 -把门拆了
– Come on, open the door! – Take it off its hinges!
开门啊 米考伯 快开门
Come on, Micawber! Open the door now!
你是米考伯先生吗
Are you Mr. Micawber?
-你是科波菲尔少爷吗 -是我
– Are you Master Copperfield? – I am indeed.
你好吗 科波菲尔少爷
How do you do, Master Copperfield?
-挺好的 -科波菲尔少爷
– Very good. – Master Copperfield,
请你帮我个大忙
it would be of material assistance to me
去跟那几位先生一起
if you would join those gentlemen,
重复他们诽谤我的叫喊 然后说
echo their slanderous cries,
“额 在后面 他要跑惹”
“‘Ere, round the back. He’s flittin’.”
来 在后面
Here, round the back…
-是”额” -来
– ‘Ere. – Here.
额 就像耳朵的耳
Ear, as in the aural organ.
-耳 -额 在后面
– Ear. – ‘Ere. Round the back.
他要跑了
He’s flitting.
-跑惹 -跑惹
– Flittin’. – Flittin’.
没错 非常好
Precisely. Splendid.
来吧 时不我待
Now, there’s no time like the present.
开门
Open up!
快开门
Come on!
还钱 拜托
Pay up the money, please!
-米考伯 -额 在后面 他…
– Micawber! – ‘Ere! Round the back. ‘E’s…
-怎么了 -跑惹
– What? – …flittin’.
跑惹 是吗 米考伯
Flittin’, is he? Micawber!
他在那 米考伯 过来
There he is! Micawber, come here, you!
-我们明天会再来 米考伯 -你躲不了一辈子
– We’ll be back tomorrow, Micawber. – You can’t hide forever.
别以为你逃脱了
You haven’t got away with this.
表现得太棒了 科波菲尔少爷
A bravura performance, Master Copperfield.
欢迎 欢迎来到寒舍
Welcome. Welcome to our humble home.
-他们是… -他们啊…
– Who are the…? – Those are, um…
他们就是豺狼 是鬣狗
Jackals is what they are! Hyenas!
幸会
Pleasure to make your acquaintance.
这位女士是我的挚爱 科波菲尔少爷
This woman is the apple of my eye, Master Copperfield.
是指引我心灵方向的北极星
The lodestar upon whom the sextant of my heart is set.
简而言之 是我妻子
In short, my wife.
你好
How do you do?
-你还欠我蜡烛 快还来 -赶紧走 会还你的
– I’m owed for candles. Pay me. – On your way. You will be paid.
-钟 注意钟 -把钟给我
– Clock. Clock. – No, give me that clock.
放手 你这可怕的怪物
Hands off, you horrible creature.
-钟可是很值钱的 -米考伯
– Clock, very valuable. – Micawber!
别烦我了
Leave me alone!
-谢了 -不 不行
– Thank you. – No! No! No!
好吧 我受够了
Oh, right, that’s it!
不能忍♥了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!