I’ve seen a pair like them before.
如果不加控制 他们就会
Unchecked, they will overrun
在这里肆虐 扼杀一切活力和快乐
and choke all life and joy from this place.
-必须阻止他们 -恐怕为时已晚
– They must be stopped. – I fear the time for that has passed.
-敬合伙关系 -合伙关系
– To partnerships. – Partnerships.
我太谦虚了 不会说是我拯救了这家公♥司♥ 但是
I’m far too humble to say that I’ve saved this firm, but…
尤赖亚对我们的生意很有帮助
Uriah has been very good for our business.
是的 他一直在经营小型出租物业
He has. He’s been diversifying in smaller rental properties.
在伦敦不太理想的地段
In parts of London that aren’t necessarily first choice.
你是说这种地方是我唯一的选择吗
Is one of these properties to be my only choice?
这是你们的新住处
This is your new lodgings.
这可能不是最宽敞的房♥子
It may be not the most spacious of properties,
但是它非常适合你这种处境的人
but it would suit someone in your circumstances very well indeed.
我不是我这种处境的人
I am not someone in my circumstances.
当然不是
No, of course.
至少在这里我们不会迷路
At least we won’t get lost in here.
这里不能放风筝
Can’t fly your kite in here.
当然不能
Well, you can’t fly a kite
在屋里放风筝 屋里没有风
in a house anyway. There’s no breeze. See?
是的 我敬佩你的专业知识
No, I bow to your expertise.
不能放风筝 但能赶走麻烦
Can’t fly his kite but he could swat an irritant.
祝你们住得愉快
Well, enjoy your lodgings.
如果有什么问题 我建议你们自行处理
If any problems arise, I suggest you tend to them yourselves.
-这家伙 -我们能将就
– He’s a fellow. – We’ll make do.
以后我就喝啤酒了
Ale for me now. Much better
反正也比葡萄酒对身体好 也不容易恶心
for you than wine anyway, much less bilious.
我想作出贡献
I should like to make a contribution.
-迪克先生 -请坐
– Oh, Mr. Dick. – Will you…?
就是这个
And it’s this.
如果不是你收留了我
I would have been shut up
这些年来我肯定会过着
to lead a very dismal life these last years
非常凄凉的生活
if you hadn’t taken me in,
就像大卫的朋友在雅茅斯收留那些孤儿一样
the way David’s friends took those orphans in in Yarmouth.
等一下 雅茅斯 今天周几
Wait. Yarmouth. What’s today?
-这个我知道 周三 -是周二 乔特
– I know this. Uh, Wednesday. – It’s Tuesday, Trot.
周二 我要去见斯提福兹 带他去雅茅斯
Tuesday? I should be meeting Steerforth to take him to Yarmouth.
他在等我
He’ll be waiting for me.
我可以推迟
I could postpone.
不用 去吧
No, no. Go, go.
与此同时 我和迪克先生
Mr. Dick and I, meanwhile, will…
我们会把这里
We will, uh, transform this
改造成伦敦最称心如意的老鼠洞
into the most desirable mousehole in London.
抱歉 借过
Sorry! Pardon me!
抱歉 女士
Sorry, ma’am!
抱歉我来晚了 我刚刚在我的公♥寓♥里
Apologies for my lateness. I’ve just been in my apartment,
就在里面
which is there…
两个包 这么奢侈
Two bags? Such extravagance,
马车收费很贵的
given how much the coach people charge.
不是的 这是我的管家要取走的脏衣服
No, this contains laundry for my housekeeper to collect.
好奇怪的安排
Curious arrangement.
我们得快去飞鹰酒店了
We should get to the Spread Eagle.
马车十分钟后就出发了
Our coach leaves in ten minutes.
-希望你喜欢船屋 -还有龙虾人
– I hope you like the boathouse. – With the lobster people?
龙虾人很粗鲁
The lobster people are rough,
不过他们的住处非常赏心悦目
but the dwelling itself is such a sparkling sight to behold.
多漂亮的住♥宅♥啊
What a delightful residence.
在我的记忆中颜色要更鲜艳
In my recollection it was more colourful.
佩格蒂
Peggotty?
你好 戴维
Hello! Davy.
瞧瞧你
Look at you.
你都长这么大了 身子骨还硬朗吗
You’ve growed out of all knowledge. You in good kelter, boy?
身子骨…我挺好的 谢谢
Good kelter, I… are. Yes, I’m very well, thank you.
这是我的好朋友 詹姆斯·斯提福兹
This is my dear friend, James Steerforth.
这个年轻人对你们的喜爱
This young man’s affections
是如此真挚 以至于我觉得我认识你们所有人
for you are such that I feel like I know you all.
佩格蒂 很荣幸见到你
Peggotty, it’s such an honour to meet you.
你说话的声音真动听
You have a lovely speaking voice.
-你的马甲真亮眼 -织锦做的 萨维尔街的裁缝
– That’s a very bright waistcoat. – It’s brocade. Savile Row.
那是伦敦的一条街
That’s a row in London.
他还小的时候 我们和他的交情可深了
See, now, we mardled plenty with this ‘un when he was a nipper,
我们都为他感到非常骄傲 谢谢
and we’re uncommon proud of him, thankee.
你说的是方言 对吗
That’s dialect, isn’t it?
我对全国各地的语言变化很感兴趣
I am fascinated in how language changes around the country.
如果你听不懂 我们可以帮你写下来 我们会写字
We can write it down for you if it’s too difficult. We can write.
-过来这边 这里… -小心头
– Come through here. It’s the perfect… – Mind your head!
这里就是我跟你说过的完美的小卧室
It’s the perfect little bedroom I told you about.
小心头
Mind your head!
古米治夫人身体不太好
Mrs. Gummidge ain’t well.
这些天她吐出来的比吃进去的还多 是不是
She brings up more than she eats these days. Don’t you, my love?
他们说不可能 但我做到了
They say it can’t be done. But I does it.
-看看谁来了 艾米丽 -戴维
– Look who’s here, Emily. – Davy!
小心头
Mind your head.
-你好吗 -很高兴再次见到你 戴维
– How are you? – Good to see you again, Davy.
这是我朋友 詹姆斯·斯提福兹
My friend, James Steerforth.
-很高兴认识你 先生 -艾米丽
– And to meet you, sir. – Emily.
黛西告诉我你喜欢爬帆船的桅杆
Daisy tells me that you like to climb the masts of sailing boats.
在上面能看到几公里外的地方
You can see for miles up there.
那些去布朗斯通庄园参加舞会的贵妇人
All the ladies off to the ball at Browston Manor.
你刚刚管戴维叫黛西
Did you just call Davy Daisy?
那是方言吗
Is that dialect?
我们没有食物 所以别惦记着吃饭
We’ve no food, so don’t expect food.
-我们有食物 -鱼
– We do have food. – Fish.
我想你和哈姆已经结婚好几年了吧
I imagine you and Ham have been married for some years now.
-没有 -还是订婚没结婚
– No. – Still engaged, still not married.
不过我们一直在存钱 不是吗
Been saving up, though, haven’t we?
还没决定我们以后想住在哪里
Trying to decide where we might want to live.
我们想住在这里
We wanna live here,
去三四百米外的海边
knock up our own boathouse,
建一座自己的船屋
a couple of hundred yards up the coast.
或者我们可以走远一点
Or we could go further.
当然可以 八百米 甚至一千二百米
Of course we could. Half a mile, three quarters even.
佩格蒂
Peggotty.
我感觉我要大吐一场了
I fear I’m going to be sick in a substantial way.
没关系 我们的地板就是沙滩
No matter. Our floor is a beach.
-让我过去一下 -我去拿我的包
– Bucket coming through. Excuse me. – I’ll just grab my bag.
小心头
Mind your head!
很高兴认识你们
It’s been a pleasure meeting you all.
我们很快就会再见的
I’ll see you again very soon.
船尾看起来像新的一样 朋友 棒极了
That stern looks like new, my friend. Splendid.
我感到奇怪的是
I found it curious how almost immediately
斯提福兹几乎毫不费力
and without the least effort,
就成功地迷住了我在雅茅斯的朋友们
Steerforth managed to charm and beguile my Yarmouth friends.
经理转向我说
The manager, he turns to me and he says:
“在你之前我已经给三十个人用过那条毛巾了
“I’ve had 30 people use that towel before you, sir,
你是第一个抱怨毛巾太脏的人”
and you’re the first to complain that it’s dirty.”
-瞧瞧他 -他比我动作还快
– Look at him. – He’s faster than me.
刀用得不错 斯提福兹先生
Very nice knife work there, Mr. Steerforth.
谢谢 我可以当杀人犯了
Why, thank you. I could be a murderer.
干得漂亮
Very nice work.
斯提福兹 哈姆和艾米丽跟我说的一样
Steerforth, Ham and Emily were just saying the same as me,
人人都喜欢詹姆斯·斯提福兹
that everyone loves James Steerforth.
除了詹姆斯·斯提福兹自己 我亲爱的朋友
Everyone except James Steerforth, my dear friend.
你有足够的钱付酒钱吗
Did you have enough money to pay for the drinks?
-足够 -你确定吗
– Plenty. – Are you sure?
确定
Yes, I am.
黛西 答应我好吗
Promise me, Daisy, won’t you,
你要记住我最好的一面
that you’ll think of me at my best?
答应我这件事
Promise me that much.
我答应 你看起来很低落
Yes. You seem low.
-为什么突然这么阴郁 -谁想唱一曲
– Where’s this sudden cloud come from? – Who’s up for a shanty?
♪ 周五早晨我们启航 ♪

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!