是的 我不知道为什么我要分开说
Yes. I don’t know why I said it like that.
朵拉 斯本罗
Dora… Spenlow.
-我一般不停顿的 -乔特伍德 斯本罗先生
– I don’t usually stop in the middle. – Trotwood! Mr. Spenlow!
-失陪 -好的
– Sorry. – Yes.
再见
Bye-bye.
-不好意思 你说什么 -是吉普说的
– Sorry? What was that? – Just Jip.
再见 苹果树说的
Bye-bye. Tree. Apple tree.
我知道
I know.
-什么 -我知道
– Sorry? – I know.
艾格尼丝 你见到斯本罗先生…
Agnes, have you seen Mr. Sp…?
-你真漂亮 -谢谢
– You look very striking. – Thank you.
我坠入爱河了
I’m in love.
-真的吗 -真的
– Really? – Utterly.
爱上了朵拉 斯本罗
With Dora… Spenlow.
我不知道为什么我要分开说
I don’t know why I said it like that, but…
那个带着狗的女孩
The girl with the yapping dog.
-多么美丽的脸庞 -多么动听的话语
– What a face. – What a voice that comes out of it.
你在嘲笑我吗
Do you mock me?
是的 满怀爱意 毫不留情地嘲笑你
I do. I do. With affection but entirely without mercy.
向上 对
And up. Yes.
你知道我和爸爸也要搬去伦敦吗
Do you know Papa and I are also moving to London?
这样啊
Oh, I see.
你可能觉得我在跟踪你
You probably think I’m following you.
“救命 我被艾格尼丝跟踪了”
“Help me. I’m being followed by Agnes.”
“她纠缠不休 就像窗上的绿头蝇”
“She’s as persistent as a bluebottle in a sash window.”
失陪
Oh, sorry.
斯本罗先生 抱歉我刚才心不在焉
Mr. Spenlow. Apologies for my earlier distracted state.
斯本罗先生 我万分期待加入
I look forward tremendously, Mr. Spenlow,
斯本罗和乔金斯事务所 斯本罗先生
to joining Spenlow & Jorkins, Mr. Spenlow.
好极了 准备好成为代理人了吗
Excellent. Ready to become a proctor?
迫不及待想成为代理人了
Eager to become a proctor.
要的就是这态度
That’s the attitude.
我们去庆祝一下
Let’s celebrate.
代理人是做什么的
What is a proctor?
我毫无头绪
I haven’t the faintest idea.
但是我会拥有自己的公♥寓♥
But I’ll take possession of my own apartments
很快就会弄清楚了
and soon I’ll find out.
那是朵拉 斯本罗
That’s Dora… Spenlow.
我不知道那是谁
I don’t know who that is.
我叫大卫·科波菲尔
自从我衣衫褴褛地逃离装瓶厂以来
I returned to London for the first time
这是我第一次回到伦敦
since I fled the bottling factory in rags.
这一次我是一名绅士 口袋里有钱
This time I was a gentleman, with money in his pocket.
我是一名代理人
I was a proctor.
你不会知道代理人是做什么的吧
I don’t suppose you know what a proctor is?
问我吗 是做帽子的吗
Oh, now you’re asking. Do they make hats?
我姑婆每月给我一大笔生活费
I had a generous monthly allowance from my aunt.
足以支付斯本罗先生的培训费用
This paid for my training with Mr. Spenlow
并让我充分享受伦敦的生活
and allowed me to live London life to the full.
代理人就像是修行的律师
A proctor is a sort of monkish attorney.
这样啊
I see.
斯本罗和乔金斯律师协会
小心这几块地板 一踩就响
Mind these floorboards. They squeak.
我们到了
There we are.
我从没弄清楚代理人是哪种律师
I never learned what a proctor was an attorney of
但我很快就在办公室里脱颖而出
but I soon excelled about the office.
一周后
地板
Floor!
并且我身处的位置十分便于我追求
And I was conveniently positioned to seek out my first,
♪ 我会保护它 ♪
♪ And I’ll protect it now ♪
我的初恋 我唯一的真爱
my one, my only true love.
♪ 这是我… ♪
♪ ‘Twas my forefath… ♪
罗密欧 干活了
Oi, Romeo. Do some work.
这就是我想听到的 一点动静都没有
That’s what I like to hear: nothing.
斯本罗小姐
Miss Spenlow.
我以为楼上是一位著名的女高音歌♥唱家在练习
I was convinced a famous soprano was practising upstairs.
真令人兴奋
Exciting.
是哪位
Who?
不是 我想说原来是你
No, I… I mean to say it turned out to be you.
我明白了 这是赞美 谢谢你
I see. A compliment. Thank you.
科波菲尔
Copperfield.
我得走了 我是代理人
I have to go. Proctor.
下次我上完课你可以上楼来
You could come up after my next lesson.
-我可以为你唱一曲 -谢谢你
– I can sing you a piece. – Thank you.
我会带点东西扔你的
I’ll bring something to throw at you.
我是说一束鲜花
As in a bouquet of flowers.
好的 太好了
Yes. Lovely.
我珍惜那些时光
I treasured those times.
我既是俘虏又是奴隶
I was a captive and a slave.
我爱朵拉·斯特朗爱到无法集中精神
I loved Dora Spenlow to distraction.
鲜花
Flowers.
朵拉 世上有情人无数
Dora, lovers have loved before,
但永远不会有人如我们一般相爱
but no lover shall ever love as we love.
你说的真复杂 不过谢谢你
That’s very complicated, but thank you.
谢谢你
Thank you.
朵拉
公共马车
朵拉头像
朵拉
我少年时代的苦难和贫困
My boyhood days of misery and destitution
如今好似一部令人难以置信的小说
seemed now like a scarcely believable fiction.
-他来了 斯提福兹 -黛西
– He’s here. Steerforth. – Daisy.
我以为过去的伤害和耻辱
Was I wrong to imagine
再也不会回来了 难道我错了吗
that the hurt and shame of my past could never return?
龙虾呢 谁想吃龙虾 龙虾吃吗
Where are the lobsters? Who wants lobster? Lobster?

Yes.
我对雅茅斯的龙虾人非常熟悉
I’m very familiar with the lobster people of Yarmouth.
雅茅斯的龙虾人崇拜龙虾吗
Do the lobster people of Yarmouth worship lobsters?
他们会模仿龙虾的特点吗
Do they take on their characteristics?
如果你最近
If you’re thinking of
打算去雅茅斯 我能和你一起去吗
travelling to Yarmouth soon, might I join you?
-我们大家一起去雅茅斯吧 -不要
– Let’s all go to Yarmouth, huh? – No.
-我想去 -那就去
– Well, I want to. – Then you shall.
涉足那个世界会很有意思
It would be fun to be a part of that world.
在城市中我的心情总是很沉重
In the city I can be prone to a heavy mind.
你的心情很沉重
Do you have a heavy mind?
沉重得都抬不起头了
He’s got a heavy mind.
♪ 议会里挤满了假发 ♪
♪ Westminster is full of wigs ♪
♪ 律师的脑袋 ♪
♪ Lawyers’ heads… ♪
我说 我的头发喝醉了
I say, I have drunken hair!
我无聊死了
I am bored up to my eyeballs!
让我们给你喝醉的头发一个难忘的夜晚 来吧
Let’s show that drunken hair of yours a night to remember. Come.
去剧院
To the theatre!
请你收拾一下好吗
黑眼睛的苏珊
Black-eyed Susan?
是的 漂亮的 黑眼睛的苏珊
Yes. Pretty, black-eyed Susan she is called.
科波菲尔
Copperfield.
他们是天生一对
They are spliced together for life.
我没听说过 苏珊是谁
I knew nothing of this. Who is Susan?
-乔特伍德 -苏珊
– Trotwood. – Susan.
我压根没喝醉
I’m terribly not drunk.
我最清楚醉汉是什么样子了
If I know one thing it’s what a drunken man looks like.
-是斯提福兹灌醉你的吗 -不是
– Did Steerforth get you into this state? – No, he didn’t.
不过我喝醉的时候他在场
I mean, he was there while it was happening.
-你是跟谁来的 -是…
– Who are you with, anyway? – Just…
科波菲尔先生
Mr. Copperfield!
-瞧瞧我们 -你好
– Look at us. – Hello.
从坎特伯雷到伦敦 反向朝圣
From Canterbury to London, a reverse pilgrimage.
说得真好
That’s very good.
艾格尼丝 你告诉科波菲尔先生我的新职位了吗
Agnes, did you tell Mr. Copperfield about my new position?
尤赖亚加入了公♥司♥
Uriah has joined the firm.
他是威克菲尔先生的学徒
An apprentice to Mr. Wickfield.
尤里的冲劲堪比蒸汽动力机
Ury couldn’t make progress any faster if he was steam-powered.
妈妈 别这样 我都脸红了
Oh, Mother, please. I redden in the face.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!