大卫·科波菲尔的个人史
谢谢大家
Thank you.
我人生中的主人公到底是我
Whether I turn out to be the hero of my own story
抑或担任这一角色的另有其人
or whether that station will be held by anybody else…
这些点滴时刻必将揭晓
these moments must show.
我从鸦巢踏入人世
I entered the world at The Rookery.
佩格蒂
Peggotty!
我来了 我来了
I’m coming. I’m coming.
我答应过的 佩格蒂答应过的 对吧
As I promised. Peggotty promised, see?
我来了 亲爱的 再给我三秒
I’m coming, my love. Just give me three seconds.
三秒太久了
Three seconds is too long.
毛巾 毛巾在哪
Towels, where are the towels?
好了 我拿这个干什么
OK. Why do I have this?
我慌了 我彻底慌了
I’m panicking. I’m completely panicking.
佩格蒂 你真是头蠢母马
Peggotty, you daft mare.
快点 佩格蒂
Now, Peggotty!
我45秒后就到 45秒
I’ll be with you in 45 seconds, 45.
佩格蒂
Peggotty!
呼吸 继续呼吸就好 亲爱的
Just breathe. Just keep breathing, my love.
再喘两口气我就回来
I’ll be back in two breaths.
佩格蒂
Peggotty!
鸦巢
-尽量装作不疼就好 -很疼
– Just try to pretend it doesn’t hurt. – It does.
我明白
I know.
从我的初生开始
To begin my life…
叙述我的一生
with the beginning of my life.
你就是大卫·科波菲尔的夫人吧
Mrs. David Copperfield, I think?
-我是乔特伍德女士 你听说过吧 -听说过
– Miss Trotwood. You’ve heard of her? – Yes.
是的 我已久仰大名
Yes, I believe I’ve had that pleasure.
你眼前就是她
Now you see her.
我想问问 为什么要叫鸦巢
Might I ask, why Rookery?
我丈夫买♥♥下这房♥子的时候
When my husband bought the house,
他总以为这房♥子里有乌鸦
he liked to think there were rooks about it.
-真的有吗 -没有
– And are there? – No!
完全就是我弟弟生前的作风
My late brother all over.
把房♥子叫鸦巢 以为真的有乌鸦
Calls a house a rookery, takes the rooks on trust.
还不如叫”轻信庄园”
A better name would have been Gullible Manor.
-这人怎么还说个不停 夫人 -好了 佩格蒂
– Will this person be stopping, ma’am? – Now, Peggotty.
佩格蒂 佩格蒂 你叫佩格蒂吗
Peggotty? Peggotty? Peggotty?
你是说真的会有人去教堂
You mean to say a human being went into a church
给自己取名叫佩格蒂吗
and had herself named Peggotty?
你母亲是在你受洗的时候打了个喷嚏吗
Did your mother sneeze when you were christened?
-不好意思 你叫什么来着 -乔特伍德
– Sorry, what was your name? – Trotwood.
乔特伍德 真有意思 你进来的时候
Trotwood. It’s funny because I thought your name
我还以为你叫”五十步笑百步”呢
was Pot Kettle Black when you walked in,
不过没关系
but never mind.
她来了 小女孩要出生了
Here she comes. Here comes the girl.
-也可能是个男孩 -不不 一定是个女孩
– Or it could be… a boy! – Oh, no, no, no. She will be a girl.
必须是个女孩
Certain to be a girl.
你能不能给她取名叫贝琪·乔特伍德·科波菲尔
And, may I beg you, you will call her Betsey Trotwood Copperfield
我来做她的教母
and I will be her godmother.
这个贝琪·乔特伍德的一生中
And there will be no mistakes
绝不会犯下一丁点错误
in the life of this Betsey Trotwood.
绝不会有人玩弄她的感情 可怜的宝贝
There will be no trifling with her affections, poor dear.
上帝保佑 你可真年轻
Bless me, you’re very young.
我们要护士和医生
We need a nurse and a doctor.
-我们来了 -你们好
– We’re here. – Hello.
-来吧 亲爱的 来 -慢慢来
– Come on, my love. Come on. – Nice and slow.
-我们需要毛巾 -我有很多毛巾
– We’re going to need towels. – I have lots of towels.
慢慢走 很好 很好
Go nice and slow. Very good, very good.
我记得我是在周五夜里十二点出生的
I record that I was born on a Friday at 12 o’clock at night.
-出生了吗 结束了吗 -好消息 太棒了
– Is that it? Is it over? – Wonderful news! Fabulous news!
医生 把好消息告诉乔特伍德女士
Doctor, tell Miss Trotwood the news.
她怎么样 医生 她怎么样
How is she, Doctor? How is she?
作为一名年轻母亲 她的状态已经很不错了
She is as comfortable as any young mother can be.
不 我是说她怎么样 孩子怎么样
No, I mean how is she, the baby? How is she?
是个男孩 夫人 我很高兴能向你道喜
It’s a boy, ma’am. I’m very happy to congratulate you.
道什么喜 那男孩是双胞胎中的哥哥
Why congratulate? The boy is the first of twins
他妹妹马上就要出生了吗
and his sister being born as we speak?
不 只有这一个男孩
No. It’s just one boy.
荒唐
Ludicrous.
瞧瞧你 戴维宝宝
Look at you, Baby Davy.
脸蛋像桃子一样
Face like a peach.
我可喜欢桃子了
I’m very fond of peaches.
我喜欢 我喜欢
Yes, I am. Yes, I am.
我还记得佩格蒂粗糙的手指
I remember Peggotty’s rough fingers,
就像袖珍肉豆蔻刨丝器
like a pocket nutmeg grater.
你在笑吗
Are you smiling?
就快了
Almost there.
在我看来一切都高大无比
Everything looked terribly tall to me.
冲锋
Charge!
吃我一剑 你这淘气的兔子怪
Take this, you naughty monster rabbit!
我看到父亲的墓碑
I see my father’s gravestone,
笼罩在被风吹弯的树影中
shadowed by trees bending to one another in the wind,
大卫·科波菲尔
克拉拉深爱的丈夫
1841年5月1日与世长辞
享年29岁
大树就像窃窃私语的巨人
like giants whispering secrets.
“鳄鱼分布在非洲 美洲及澳洲”
“Crocodiles can be found in Africa, the Americas and Australia.”
-这蔬菜真了不起 -不是蔬菜 是爬行动物
– What a remarkable vegetable. – Not vegetable, reptile.
不对 我告诉你 鳄鱼就是土豆
No, I tell you, a crocodile is a potato.
它有鳞片 身上还有刺
It has some scales and they have spikes.
这可真是个胡言乱语的世界啊
Well, what a world of gammon and spinach it is.
我对性格鲜明的人印象深刻
I can easily recall people of strong character…
佩格蒂语录
“脸蛋就像桃子一样”
“鳄鱼就是土豆”
你小时候佩格蒂说的那句
What did Peggotty say when you were little,
你喜欢的那句
the one you liked?
一个胡言乱语的世界
A world of gammon and spinach.
这句不错 我要记下来
That’s a good one. I’ll put that one down.
她说的每句话你都记得吗
Do you remember everything she says?
很难忘记
It’s hard to forget.
那倒是
That’s true.
并把对他们的记忆编织进我未来的生活中
…and weave their memory into the life I was about to lead.
我记得远行
-行李都收拾好了吗 佩格蒂 -是的 夫人
– All packed for the journey, Peggotty? – Yes, ma’am.
这里
Uh, here.
戴维 要是想赢井字游戏
You should always go in the middle, Davy,
你应该先走中间
if you want to win noughts and crosses.
有位先生到了 夫人
The gentleman is here, ma’am,
黑头发 举止讲究
with the black hair and particular manner
周日从教堂送你回家的那位
who walked you home from church on Sunday.
好的 谢谢 佩格蒂
Yes, thank you, Peggotty.
-这些就是你著名的天竺葵吗 -没错
– Are these your famous geraniums? – Indeed they are.
请进吧
Do come in.
把胡萝卜放下
Carrot down.
你一定就是男主人吧
You must be the man of the house.
我只是个男孩 先生
I’m a boy, sir.
亲爱的孩子 来 和我握握手
Dear boy. Come, shake my hand.
不 你伸错手了 对不对 孩子
Well, no, that’s the wrong hand, isn’t it, boy?
戴维
Davy.
也许像你这样握手会成为潮流
Well, maybe your way will catch on, hm?
你是个勇敢的男孩
You’re a very brave boy.
戴维 我的小土豆
Davy, my sweet potato.
我们带你去雅茅斯吧
Let’s take you to Yarmouth.
我哥哥赶车送我们去
My brother is driving us there.
看看这片天空 戴维小子
Look at all that sky, eh, Davy boy.
这天空也太广阔了 不是吗 对鸟来说也是
That’s too much sky, innit? Even for a bird.
如果我的地理书上说的没错 世界真是圆形的
If the world is really as round as my geography book says it is,
这块地方为什么这么平坦呢
how can this bit of it be so flat?
你不喜欢吗 戴维
Not to your liking, Davy?
看 那里有个鼹鼠丘 那可不平坦
There’s a molehill there, look. That ain’t flat.
那里有只鸟 那也不平坦
There’s a bird there. That ain’t flat.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!