And I know she would understand how I am both happy and sad
而我自己也想不明白为什么会这样
and I’m still trying to figure out how that could be.
我只希望能尽快交个朋友
I just hope I make a friend soon.
永远爱你的 查理
Love always, Charlie.
查理 快来
Charlie, come on.
这辣子鸡好吃极了
This chicken paprikash is delicious.
谢谢 德里克 这是查理最爱吃的
Thank you, Derek. It’s Charlie’s favorite.
今天高中开学 他有点紧张
He was a little nervous about starting high school today
所以我特意为他做了这个
so I made it for him.
现在觉得紧张很没必要了吧 小子
You feel a little silly about being nervous now, champ?
是啊 是没必要
Yes, sir. I do.
早跟你说过了
I told you.
对人微笑 保持自然就好
Just give ’em a smile and be yourself.
-这就是你如何 -“在现实世界交朋友”
– That’s how you… – “…make friends in the real world.”
你这是找打
You’re cruisin’ for a bruisin’.
高一不太好过 但能让你真正找到自我
Freshman year is tough, but you really find yourself.
谢谢 德里克
Thanks, Derek.
你应该对德里克好点
You know, you could be a little nicer to Derek.
没办法 那孩子太娘们了 我受不了
I’m sorry. The kid’s a pussy. I can’t stand him.
希望你喜欢我录的合辑磁带
I really hope you love the mix tape I made.
-我很喜欢 -封面是手绘的
– I do. – The cover is hand-painted.
查理 你要吗
Charlie, you want this?
真要给我吗
Are you sure?
他每周都要送我一盒
He gives me one every week.
宝贝 下一首歌♥有点悲伤
Babe. This next one might be a little sad
但它让我想起你的眼睛
but it reminded me of your eyes.
《杀死一只知更鸟》的学期论文你写了吗
Did you already do the term paper on To Kill a Mockingbird?
恶魔队 加油
Let’s go, Devils!
加油
Come on.
-“别叫” -“别叫”
– Nothing. – Nothing.
去死吧 童贞抵押品
Suck it, virginity pledges!
去死吧
Suck it!
帕特里克
Patrick.
你是我手工课上的同学 对吧
You’re in my shop class, right?
你的钟做得怎么样了
How’s your clock coming?
我爸爸在帮我做
My dad’s building it for me.
不错 我的看起来像条船
Yeah. Mine looks like a boat.
你要过来坐吗 还是在等朋友来
You wanna sit over here, or are you waiting for your friends?
没有 我跟你坐
No, no, I’ll sit.
对了 多谢你没叫我”别叫”
Thanks for not calling me “Nothing” by the way.
简直没完没了
It’s an endless nightmare.
这帮混♥蛋♥ 以为自己多有创意呢
And these assholes, they actually think they’re being original.
你喜欢橄榄球吗
So, do you like football?
很喜欢 我爱死橄榄球了
Love it. Love football.
那你可能认识我哥哥
Maybe you know my brother, then.
珊姆
Sam.
一个问题 这里的厕所还能再恶心点吗
Question. Could the bathrooms here be more disgusting?
能啊 更恶心的叫男厕所
Yes, they call it the men’s room.
我总算找到鲍勃了
So, I finally got hold of Bob.
今晚来派对吗
Party tonight?
他还想泡橄榄园的女招待
He’s still trying to shag that waitress from the Olive Garden.
真是穷追不舍啊
He’s never tossing that salad.
加油啊
Come on!
帕特里克
Patrick!
-什么 -这是谁
– Yeah. – Who’s this?
这是
This is…
查理•科尔梅克斯
Charlie Kelmeckis.
科尔梅克斯 开玩笑吧
Kelmeckis! No shit!
你姐姐在和马尾巴德里克交往 对吧
Your sister’s dating Pony Tail Derek, isn’t she?
-上帝 -大家都这么叫他吗
– God! – Is that what they call him?
放过马尾巴德里克吧
Would you leave Pony Tail Derek alone?
课堂都被你搞得乌烟瘴气 帕特里克
You put the “Ass” in “Class,” Patrick.
我尽力而为 珊姆
I try, Sam. I try.
很高兴见到你 查理 我是珊姆
It’s nice to meet you, Charlie. I’m Sam.
珊姆 什么计划
So, Sam, what’s the plan?
-今晚我们去玛丽•伊丽莎白家吗 -不去
– Are we going to Mary Elizabeth’s tonight? – Nope.
她把冰茶掺在白兰地里 被父母发现了
She got caught watering down her parent’s brandy with iced tea.
咱们还是去国王酒吧吧
Let’s just go to Kings.
好 比赛完我们去国王酒吧
Alright. We’re going to Kings after the game
你可以一起来
if you wanna come.
你有喜欢的乐队吗
Do you have a favorite band?
我喜欢史密斯乐队
I think The Smiths are my favorite.
真的吗 我爱死史密斯乐队了
Are you kidding? I love The Smiths!
解散乐队里他们最棒 你最喜欢哪首歌♥
The best breakup band ever. What’s your favorite song?
《沉睡》 《惊天巨响》专辑里的
Asleep. It’s from Louder Than Bombs.
我是在马尾巴德里克的混音带里听到的
I heard it on Pony Tail Derek’s mix tape.
这首歌♥真是众人所爱啊
That works on so many levels.
如果你们想听 我可以帮忙录一份
I can make you guys a copy if you want.
艾德呢 你喜欢艾德吧
What about Eide’s? You love Eide’s, right?
是啊 当然 他们很棒
Yeah, of course. They’re great.
那不是个乐队 查理
Not a band, Charlie.
是市中心的唱片店
It’s a record store downtown.
我觉得黑胶唱片的音效要好得多
I think it sounds so much better on the Vinyl.
珊姆给我听那些音乐之前我还很受欢迎
You know, I used to be popular before Sam got me some good music.
你可得小心了 她会毁了你的生活
So, you should be careful. She’ll ruin your life forever.
没关系
That’s okay.
-“别叫” -“别叫”
– Nothing. – Nothing.
别喊了 老天爷 老掉牙的玩笑了
Let it go! Jesus! It’s an antique joke!
够了
It’s over!
你毕业后打算干什么
So, what are you gonna do when you get out of this place?
海伦姨妈说我应该当个作家 但是
My Aunt Helen said I should be a writer, but
我不知道我能写什么
I don’t know what I’d write about.
-你可以写写我们 -没错
– You could write about us. – Yeah.
书名就叫《荡♥妇♥和猎鹰》
Call it Slut and The Falcon.
把我们写成破案神探
Make us solve crimes.
你们俩在一起真幸福
You guys seem really happy together.
你们交往多久了
How long have you been boyfriend and girlfriend?
他不是我男朋友 我们同父异母
He’s not my boyfriend. He’s my step-brother.
我妈妈终于离开我那一无是处的爸爸
My mom finally left my worthless dad
我们搬来这里时 她嫁给了他的好爸爸
and married his nice dad when we moved here.
她这话可不是讽刺 不要误会
But She’s not bitter or anything. Make no mistake.
当然不是
Absolutely not.
查理 我没有贪食症 我是善食主义者
Charlie, I’m not a bulimic. I’m a bulim-ist.
抱歉 我不知道那是什么
I’m… I’m sorry. I don’t know what that is.
她还真觉得贪吃是好事
She just really believes in bulimia.
我爱贪吃
I love bulimia.
多谢你请客 查理
Thanks for paying, Charlie.
不客气 多谢你们送我回来
No problem. Thank you guys for the ride.
咱们学校见
Maybe I’ll see you around in school?
天 声音调小点好吗 耳朵都要聋了
God, would you turn that down? You’re gonna make us deaf.
聋就聋 这可是摇滚乐
So be it! It’s Rock and roll.
-再见 查理 -再见 查理
– Bye, Charlie. – Bye, Charlie.
好的 再见
Okay. Bye.
你妈妈说不要和坎黛丝一起去哥伦比亚
Your mom says Don’t go to Columbia with Candace.
-不要去哥伦比亚 -闭…
– Don’t go to Columbia… – Shut…
你就一直要做个奶嘴男吗 德里克
Do you always want to be a mama’s boy, Derek?
-我不是奶嘴男 -你就是
– I am not a mama’s boy. – Yes, you are!
因为每一次我去你家
Because every single time I go to your house,
每一次…
every single time…
闭嘴 坎黛丝
Shut up, Candace!
你都极其没用地站在一边
and you stand there like a little beach…
查理 查理 走吧 我能处理
Charlie, Charlie, just go. I can handle it.
别吵醒爸妈
Just don’t wake up mom and dad.
看谁来了
Look who’s here.
欢迎海伦姨妈回家
Welcome home, Aunt Helen!
看看你们 打扮得这么漂亮
Look at you guys, dressed so nice.
坎黛丝
Candace,
你这是干什么
what are you doing?
是我激怒他在先
Look, I egged him on.
你也看到了 他从没动手打过我
You saw it. He’s never hit me before.
我向你保证 他不会再打我了