原你们永远安息
may you rest easy, long-liners…
在温和的风中在平静的海里
in fair winds and calm seas.
大海是海难者的
For those of us left behind…
无标识坟墓
the unmarked grave which is home for those lost at sea…
却不能安抚我们这些活着的人
is of no consolation.
因为我们无法扫墓
It can’t be visited.
无法献上思念的鲜花
There is no headstone on which to rest a bunch of flowers.
唯一能去探望他们的地方
The only place we can revisit them…
只是我们的心中或梦中
is in our hearts or in our dreams.
有人说旗鱼渔夫缺乏梦想
They say swordboatmen suffer from a lack of dreams.
可那正是他们勇气的来源
That’s what begets their courage.
让我们在梦里相见
Well, we’ll dream for you…
比利
Billy…
鲍比
Bobby…
墨菲
and Murph…
巴格西
Bugsy…
苏利
Sully…
还有皮埃尔
and Alfred Pierre.
睡个好觉
Sleep well.
晚安
Good night.
我睡着了
I’ll be asleep…
突然他来了
and then all of a sudden, there he is.
带着微笑
That big smile.
你知道他的微笑
You know that smile.
我说 鲍比 你去哪了
And I say, “Hey, Bobby, where you been?”
他不回答
But he won’t tell me.
只是笑说
He just smiles and says:
记住我会永远爱你 克里斯丁娜
“Remember I’ll always love you, Christina.
现在爱你永远爱你
I love you now, and I’ll love you forever.
没有分离
There’s no goodbye.
只有爱
Only love.”
说完就不见了
And then he’s gone.
他走的时候总是很开心
But he’s always happy when he goes.
所以我知道他会没事
So I know he’s gotta be okay.
一定会没事
Absolutely okay.
我喜欢你的梦
I love your dream.
雾气刚散
The fog’s just lifting.
松开单结套 后绳索
You throw off your bow line, throw off your stern.
驶向南部海峡
You head out the South Channel…
经过洛基峡口 十磅岛
past Rocky Neck, Ten Pound Island…
经过我小时溜冰的尼罗塘
past Niles Pond, where I skated as a kid.
拉响汽笛向
You blow your horn and wave to…
灯塔守卫的孩子挥手
the lighthouse keeper’s kid on Thatcher Island.
海鸟飞过来
Then the birds show up.
黑背鸟 人字鸥
Black-backs and herring gulls…
大矮鸭
big dump ducks.
太阳出来了
The sun hits you.
向北航行速度12节
You head north, open up to 12.
乘风破浪
You’re steaming now.
水手们忙着你是总管
The guys are busy, you’re in charge.
知道吗 你是一船之长
You know what? You’re a goddamn swordboat captain.
世上还有比这更美妙的景象吗
Is there anything better in the world?
谨以此片献给自1623年至今 死于海难的1万名格洛斯特人

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!