I don’t understand.
教士是绝不会为酒业公♥司♥代言的
The reverend would never endorse a liquor company.
有个更严重的问题 – 相当的严重
There’s a larger problem. – Substantially larger.
先生 你看看 那篇文章说教士…
You see, sir, it says right there that the reverend…
先生 文章说…
It says, sir…
他和自己的母亲在厕所私通
that he fornicated with his mother in an outhouse.
稍等
Give me a second.
嗯 小伙子们今天给我带了什么?
Now, what do you boys have for me today?
教士 我想你该看看这个
Reverend, I think you need to read this.
请把你的外套给我
Give me your jacket, please.
神啊
Jesus Christ.
请站起来
Stand up, please.
抬脚
Raise your foot.
手举起来 – 手什么?
Arms up. – Arms what?
手举起来
Arms up.
拉里啊…
Larry…
你看起来挺不错嘛
you look so good.
你看起来像坨屎
You look like shit.
什么? – 拉里…
What? – Larry…
我不想再在杂♥志♥社工作了
I don’t want to work at the magazine anymore.
那里的人根本不听我的
People there don’t listen to me
也不和我说话
and they don’t talk to me.
他们都害怕我
They’re afraid of me
还不和我握手
and they don’t shake my hand.
拉里啊 我去找罗伯特医生了…
Larry, I went to Dr. Robert and…
他… 他说我生病了
he… he told me that I was sick.
我是说 病入膏肓
I mean, sick-sick.
拉里 我得了艾滋病
I mean, I got AIDS, Larry.
他们不和你握手?
They won’t shake your hand?
是的 先生 是的
Yes, sir. Yes.
召开紧急会议
Code pink. Code pink.
召开紧急会议
Code pink. Code pink.
拉里 我是吉米啊 你在吗?
Larry, it’s Jimmy here. You there?
拉里? 拉里啊 你在吗?
Larry? Larry, you there?
我有重要的事情要宣布
I have some important announcements to make.
医院里的人对你怎么样? – 别管那个了
How’s the hospital treating you? – Never mind that.
所有人都在吗? – 我们都在 拉里
Is everybody there? – We’re here, Larry.
很好 你们都被解雇了
Good. You’re all fired.
你不能就这么炒了他们 我们需要这些人
You can’t just fire these people. We need these people.
闭嘴 不关你的事 只要我愿意 输得一败涂地也没关系
Shut up! It’s my business, and I’ll run it into the ground if I want to.
好吧 就这样 挂了
Okay, that’s all. I gotta go.
这他妈算什么?
What the fuck was that?
冷静点 阿洛 别冲我发火
Just calm down, Arlo. Don’t panic on me.
你们都不会被解雇
None of you guys are fired.
可是拉里刚刚说… – 他说什么了? 他现在在疯人院
But Larry just said that… – What did he say? He’s in a nut house.
你们没有被解雇 有问题吗?
You’re not fired. Is that a problem?
谢谢 多谢了
Thank you. Thanks.
天哪 阿尔西亚
Jesus, Althea.
嗨 来吧 坐下 坐下
Hi, hi. Come on, sit down. Sit down.
你还好吗 弗林特夫人
You all right, Mrs. Flynt?
还好 谢谢
Fine, thanks.
你样子变了 我不清楚 是换了发型吗?
You look different. I don’t know. Did you change your hair?
是的 我换发型了 – 啊 我喜欢
Yeah, I changed my hair. – Yeah, I like it.
是的 我的发型变了
Yeah, my hair’s different.
那么 怎么了?
So, what’s up?
几天前我拿到了这个 我把它带来了
I got this the other day, and I brought it by
想请你看一看
to see if you would look at it, please.
哇 那是…
Wow. That is…
我是说 这是… – 是件大事
I mean, this is… – It’s intense.
是的 没错
Yes, it is.
我们要怎么办?
What are we gonna do?
你该把它给拉里的律师 – 艾伦 你就是我们的律师
You’re gonna give it to Larry’s lawyers. – Alan, you are our lawyers.
你一直都是我们的律师 你是我们的家庭成员 别听拉里胡说
You’ve always been our lawyers. You’re part of the family. Don’t listen to Larry.
你知道他是什么人 – 我不知道 阿尔西亚
You know how he is. – I don’t know, Althea.
我们真的很需要你帮忙
We really need your help.
求你了 求你帮帮我们
Please, please help us.
求求你 求求你…
Please, please…
艾伦啊
Alan.
伙计 这真棒 拉里 这真棒啊 我希望你的付出都是值得的
Boy, this is great, Larry. This is really great. I hope it was worth it.
我不是解雇你了吗?
Didn’t I fire you?
呃 我总是无视你说的话 对吧?
Well, I’ve always ignored most of what you’ve said, right?
听着 我知道这不是时候
Listen, I know the timing is lousy
但是你记得你那个金巴利酒广♥告♥吧?
but you remember your little Campari ad?
杰瑞 法威尔和他妈在厕所 然后…?
The Jerry Falwell in the outhouse with his mother and…?
他看到了
He saw it.
毫不夸张地说 他…
And I guess it’s safe to say he…
他不觉得这很好笑
he didn’t find it all that funny.
他要告你…
He is suing you…
诽谤和蓄意精神损害
for libel and intentional infliction of emotional distress.
他要求赔偿4千万美元
And he is asking for 40 million dollars.
这是杰里·福尔韦尔发表的有效声明
This is Jerry Falwell in his home state.
如果由你准备好了 我们应该理清你要如何处理这事
So if you’re up to it, we really ought to figure out how you want to deal with this.
反诉
Countersue.
什么?! – 没错 吉里 他要告你
What?! – Yeah, Jerry. He’s suing you.
他要告我? 天哪 凭什么?
He’s suing me? For heaven’s sakes, on what grounds?
呃 你影印了他的广♥告♥…
Well, you xeroxed his ad…
然后把它放在一百万份募款信件里寄了出去
and you sent it out in a million fundraising letters.
没错 那又怎样?
Yeah, so?
但你没经过他同意 这就是侵犯版权
But you didn’t get his permission. And that’s copyright infringement.
他堕落得让我恶心
The depth of his depravity sickens me.
他们让你上庭 你的证词 像往常一样…
They’re gonna put you on the stand, and your testimony is gonna…
让我们要么成功要么完蛋
make or break us, as always.
所以不管你多讨厌法威尔都先忍♥一忍♥
So downplay how much you hate Falwell.
你得让他们知道那只是个玩笑
You’ve got to make them understand that it was just a joke.
我就是个小丑… – 嘿 别不当回事儿 拉里 别自己搞砸了
I’m just a clown. I’m just a clown… – Hey, take this seriously, Larry. Dont’t fuck it up for yourself
如果你输了 那这将是你打过的最贵的
This is gonna be the most expensive case you’ve ever had
一场官司 – 知道了!
if you lose. – Okay!
弗吉尼亚州 罗诺克 美国州地方法♥院♥ 1984年
法威尔教士 你是个牧师 对吧?
Reverend Falwell, you’re a preacher, is that right?
是的
Yes, I am.
作为一位牧师 你的受众面相当广泛
And as a preacher, you speak to a fairly broad audience.
你还通过电视和你的”电波传福音”节目里传道 对吧?
You preach on television and on your “Old-Time Gospel Radio Hour”?
是的
I do.
所以 你已经有一定的声望了
So you’ve achieved a certain notoriety.
可以说你的布道辞 观念 思想以及领导道德多数派
One might say a national reputation for your sermons and your opinions
都让你在国内享有盛誉
and ideas and your leadership of the Moral Majority.
是的 我们的会员已经超过5百万了
Yes, our membership is now over 5 million.
但除了吸引大量会员 人们还认识你
But even beyond your membership, really, you’ve been recognized
并且感激你为整个美国所做的努力
and awarded for your efforts all over America.
我获得多项荣誉
I have a number of honorary degrees.
在好管家杂♥志♥最近的民♥意♥投票中
In a recent poll of Good Housekeeping magazine
我被票选为第二受人敬仰美国人
I was voted Second Most-Admired American
位列里根总统之后
behind President Reagan.
是好管家? 那是…
Good Housekeeping? That’s…
我是说 嘿 你真的很出名 对吧?
I mean, hey, you’re famous, right?
嗯 可以这么说
Well, I suppose you could say that.
法威尔教士 你和你妈发生过性关系吗?
Reverend Falwell, have you ever had sex with your mother?
绝对没有! – 从没有过? 我是说 你从来…
Absolutely not! – Never? I mean, you never…
从没像好色客杂♥志♥刊登的那样 在厕所里做♥爱♥吗?
never in the outhouse as Hustler magazine suggested?
这简直是荒谬至极的问题
That is an absurd question.
我的母亲是个非常神圣的女人
My mother was a very godly woman
她比我见过的任何人
and as close to a saint
都更像圣人
as anyone I have ever known.
我想她是的
I’m sure she was.
教士 你在喝醉的情况下传过教吗?
Reverend, have you ever preached while you were drunk?
喝醉? 我从不这样
Drunk? Never.
从来没有过?
Never?
你甚至从来不会在吃饭时喝得有点高 然后继续去广播?
You never even had a few too many at lunch and then went back on the radio?
这完全是个耸人听闻的假设
That is a totally outrageous suggestion.
耸人听闻? – 完全是
Totally outrageous? – Totally.
法威尔教士 你难道就不认为有些人
You don’t think that some people, Reverend Falwell