让我考虑一晚上 玛茜
Let me sleep on it, Marcie.
没有一晚上的时间了 赛尔 周一要交的
There’s no time for sleeping, sir. It’s due Monday.
我的搭档认为《白鲸记》是个冰棍球选手
Just my luck to get a partner
碰上这样的搭档 我真三生有幸
that thinks Moby Dick was a hockey player.
玛茜 你要去哪儿
Marcie? Where are you going?
嘿 查理 老男孩
Hey, Chuck, old boy.
什么风把你吹来了
What brings you down here?
我在找玛茜
I’m looking for Marcie.
我需要她的建议
I need some advice.
不会打曲线球 还是劲射力度不够大
Curveball not working for you? Slap shot not strong enough?
不 这些我都没问题
No, I’m good with all that.
我需要和玛茜聊聊
I need to talk to Marcie
如何找到有史以来最棒的书
about finding the greatest book of all time.
我可以帮到你 查理
I just might be able to help you there, Chuck.
玛茜只会念一张很长的书单
Marcie just read up a long list of great novels.
《哈克拉贝利啥啥记》 《派的守望者》
Huckleberry-something, Catcher with a Pie.
但她说过有史以来最棒的书
But, she said the greatest book of all time…
叫《里奥的玩具店》
is called Leo’s Toy Store…
是一个叫沃伦·皮斯的老头子写的
by some old guy called Warren… Piece.
《里奥的玩具店》
Leo’s Toy Store.
对的 就是那本书 查理
Yup. That’s the one, Chuck.
多谢你的建议
Thanks for the tip.
祝你成功 查理
Love that hustle, Chuck!
有人知道 在哪儿能找到《里奥的玩具店》吗
Does anyone know where I can find Leo’s Toy Store?
《里奥的玩具店》
Leo’s Toy Store.
不是
Nope.
不是 不是 不是
No. No. No.
在哪儿
Where is it?
他去了成人区
He’s going into the grown-up’s section.
那合法吗
Is that legal?
查尔斯 我从来没在这儿看到过你
Charles? I’ve never seen you in here before.
玛茜 多谢上帝我找到了你
Marcie, thank goodness I found you.
你能帮我找找《里奥的玩具店》吗
Can you help me find a copy of Leo’s Toy Store?
你刚说《里奥的玩具店》
Did you say “Leo’s Toy Store”?
是的 薄荷·派蒂告诉我 你说那是最棒的
Yeah. Peppermint Patty told me you said it was the greatest…
够了 查尔斯 跟我来
Stop right there, Charles. Come with me.
这就是你要找的
This is what you’re looking for.
列夫·托尔斯泰的《战争与和平》
Leo Tolstoy’s War and Peace.
额 这战争打了多久
Yikes. How long was this war?
你确定这是你要读的书吗
Are you sure that is the book you want to read?
我可要提醒你了 查尔斯
Might I remind you, Charles,
这个周末 你就得完成读书报告
you only have the weekend to complete your report.
如果我要赢得金色星星 就得读这本书
I have to if I’m going to win that gold star.
我没事
I’m okay.
这书真厚
Big book.
聪明鬼 你要怎么把它带回家
How are you gonna get it home, smarty-pants?
还真挺聪明
Pretty smart.
我刚在说什么
What am I saying?
老好人查理·布朗
Good ol’ Charlie Brown.
一个将有所成的男孩
Now there’s a guy who’s going places.
多谢
Thanks.
大惊喜
Surprise!
生日快乐
Happy Birthday!
谁邀请的他
Who invited him?
《战争与和平》 第一页
War and Peace. Page one.
啊 公爵 热那亚和
“Eh bien, mon prince, so Genoa…”
嘿 查理·布朗 快出来玩
Hey, Charlie Brown, come out and play!
抱歉 伙计们
Sorry, guys.
-谁在周末看书啊 -反正我不会
-Who reads a book on the weekend? -Not me.
好了 我读到哪儿了
Okay. Where was I?
从指挥官那儿夺来一匹马 他又累又饿
“Took a horse from a commander, and hungry and weary…”
步♥枪♥开火的声音 从远处传来
“…and the musketry fire sounded far away…”
安德烈王子思考着 伟大中的平凡
“Prince Andrei mused on the unimportance of greatness…”
没人能理解的 生命中平凡的部分
“Unimportance of life, which no one could understand…”
昨天 还有前天
“And there was yesterday, and there was the day before…”
好了 演出结束了 清场
Okay, show’s over. Clear it out.
有深夜演出吗
Will there be a late show?
并且承认我们感觉不出的依赖性
“And to recognize a dependence we do not feel.”
完
“The end.”
我做到了
I did it.
一切都理清了
It’s all coming together now.
好的 这是我关于《战争与和平》的读书报告
Okay. This is my book report about War and Peace.
一 二 三 四 五 六 七 八 九
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
首先 爆发了战争
First there was war.
然后 迎来了和平
Then there was peace.
十 十一 十二 十三 十四 十五 十六 十七
10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17.
还有九百八十三个字
Only 983 words to go.
真糟
Rats!
没用的
This is no use.
我根本不像他们想的那样聪明
I’m just not as smart as they think I am.
我不能让她失望
I can’t let her down.
还有时间 你能做到
There’s still time. You can do this.
你现在不能放弃她
You can’t give up on her now.
九九八 九九九
998, 999…
一千 写完啦
1000. Finished.
哥哥 醒醒
Wake up, big brother!
今天有场庆祝你满分的晨会
Today’s the big assembly to celebrate your perfect score.
快来看
Come see!
你又想干什么
What are you up to now?
既然现在你是个名人了 我们得快点行动
Now that you’re a big celebrity, we have to move fast.
我有衬衫 帽子 马克杯和更多别的
I have shirts, hats, mugs, and more.
才智带来的名气
The fame that comes with
很快就会消失
intellectual superiority can be very fleeting.
得抓紧时机赚钱
You have to cash in while you can.
今天是我们的大日子呢 哥哥
Today is going to be a big day for us, big brother.
谢谢 欢迎下次再来
Thank you. Come again soon.
这都是为你办的 查理·布朗 你真的做到了
This is all for you, Charlie Brown. You’ve really made it.
终于要实现了
It’s going to happen.
她终于会因为我的出色而注意我了
She’s finally going to notice me for doing something great.
查理·布朗
Charlie Brown.
你个笨蛋 我讨厌承认
I hate to admit it, you blockhead…
但舆♥论♥让我相信
but public opinion leads me to believe,
可能这么多年以来
that after all these years…
我对你的看法可能有误
I may have been wrong about you.
这对我来说可不容易
This is not easy for me!
我的整个世界观都颠覆了
My whole world has turned upside-down!
现在有请查理·布朗上台
Can I please have Charlie Brown come to the stage?
很荣幸向大家展示
It is my pleasure to present to you today…
今年标准考试的
this award for the highest
最佳成就奖
achievement in this year’s standardized testing.
先让我们听听校方声明
But before I do, the school proclamation.
今天 鉴于你坚持用
“On this day, whereas you
最高学术标准要求自己
have upheld the highest of academic standards.
并且有点出人意料
“And whereas no one would have ever expected that of you.”
鉴于你是第一个取得满分的人
“And whereas you are the first to ever receive a perfect score.”
所以 我们决定将今天命名为
“Therefore, be it resolved
查理·布朗日
that today is declared Charlie Brown Day.”
署名 奥斯玛小姐
“Signed, Miss Othmar.”
那是我哥哥
That’s my big brother!
怎么样 查理·布朗 你现在是学校的明星了
How about that, Charlie Brown? You’re the star of the school now!
恭喜 查理
Congratulations, Charles.
给你 你的满分考卷
Let me present you with your perfect test.
哦 不 我肯定把名字写错卷子了
Oh, no. I must have signed the wrong paper.
首先 我想说 感谢你们所有人的支持
Before I begin, I’d like to thank all of you for your support.
你们都是那么的善良
You have all been so kind.
我并不常得到这样的肯定
It’s not often that I get this sort of recognition.
但是
But…
这中间有一个错误
there’s been a mistake.
这不是我的卷子
This is not my test.
我就知道
I knew it!