妈妈怎么样?
How’s Mother?
好着呢 – 为我亲亲她, 还有外公.
Fine. – Kiss her for me and Grandpa.
好. 拜拜.
Okay, bye.
哦! 嗨, 外公.
Oh. Hi, Grandpa.
嗨… 苏珊.
Hi… Susan.
苏珊? – 对.
Susan? – Yeah…
[Stammering]
坐下.
Sit down. Sit down.
我想你和我应该聊一聊.
I think you and I ought to have a little chat.
Don’t you?
[Chuckles Nervously]
我们四点钟要去看 毕加索展览, 玛格丽特.
Oh, and we’ve got the Picasso exhibition at 4:00, Margaret.
我们都不想错过它
We don’t wanna miss that.
是不想 – 你来吗, 查尔斯?
Oh, no. – Are you coming, Charles?
不, 谢谢你.
No, thank you.
然后赴桑德斯夫人的茶会.
Then we should get out in time for Mrs. Saunders’ tea.
卡罗琳的女儿来了.- 真的?
Oh, Caroline’s daughter’s coming. – Oh, really?
莎伦, 你十点半要跳舞.
Now, Sharon, you’ve got your dancing lesson at 10:30.
然后直接上音乐欣赏课.
Then you can go straight on to the musical appreciation at the Leonardo Hall.
史丹斯能用你的车送她吗, 查尔斯?
Oh, Staimes can drive her in your car, Charles?
可以.
Yes, yes. [Stammering]
三点钟…
Now at 3:00…
今天我不能做那些事.
I don’t think I’ll be able to do any of those today.
你说什么?
What did you say?
莎伦, 你打断了你外婆说话.
Sharon, you interrupted your grandmother.
我有重要的事要告诉你们.
Well, I have something important to tell you.
妈妈… 我认为你和爸爸 对我们孩子很差劲!
Mother… Mother, I think what you and Daddy did to us children is lousy.
事实上 我认为糟透了! – 莎伦!
In fact, I think it stinks. – Sharon.
我不是莎伦, 我是苏珊.
And let’s get this straight. I’m not Sharon, I’m Susan.
莎伦 你的莎伦去加州跟爸爸了.
Sharon, your Sharon, is out at California with Daddy.
不可能.
But it’s impossible.
你不可能是苏珊. – 但我就是苏珊!
You can’t be Susan. – But I am Susan.
莎伦和我在夏令营相遇了, 于是我们决定互换身份.
Sharon and I met at camp, so we decided to switch places.
她啃掉她的指甲,我剪掉她的头发.
She bit off her fingernails and I cut her hair.
她去加州跟爸爸了, 还有闲暇游泳,
And now she’s out at California with Dad swimming and riding my
骑我的马,
horse and having a keen time,
我却被音乐课陷住了, 我讨厌!
and I’m stuck here with these lousy music lessons and I hate them.
苏珊…
Susan.
对不起, 妈妈.
Oh, I’m sorry, Mother.
但我想见你, 我没能有个妈妈. 我非常爱你,
But I wanted to see you, and I miss not having a mother. I love you very much,
我想知道是否你能象爱我一样爱我, 而不是象爱莎伦一样爱我… 求你了?
and I wondered if you could love me as me and not as Sharon, please?
哦, 苏珊.
Oh, Susan.
哦, 我的宝贝.
Oh, my darling.
为什么你不让我知道? 为什么你不告诉我?
Why didn’t you let me know? Why didn’t you tell me?
我忍♥不住.
I couldn’t help it.
我想知道 拥有妈妈…
I mean, I wanted to be near you and to know what it was like to have a mother…
一切是什么感觉.
…and everything.
我的宝宝.
Oh, baby.
苏珊, 宝贝! – 哦, 外婆
Susan, darling.
她真像莎伦.
Oh, dear, let me look at… She’s exactly…
我知道.我不敢相信 – 路易丝?
I know. I can’t believe it. – Oh, baby. Louise?
什么事? –
What is it? – It’s wonderful. Oh, darling.
SUSAN: We talked about it at camp and decided it would be the best thing.
路易丝.
Louise?
什么事? 最重要的事.
What is it? – It’s most important.
什么事?
Well, what is it?
他们应该单独相处一会. 就这个?
I just thought they ought to be alone for a minute, that’s all.
从她一岁起玛格丽特就没见过她.
She’s Margaret’s child. She hasn’t seen her since she was one year old.
我是她外婆!
Well, I’m her grandmother. I have a right to L-L-Louise.
路易丝, 我就反对这一次. 让她们单独相处.
For once I’m putting my foot down. Let them alone.
我已经试过了, 妈妈, 真的, 但我不明白.
I’ve tried, Mother. Honestly, I have. but I don’t understand.
它不意味着你♥爸♥爸和我不彼此相爱,
Darling, it doesn’t mean that your father and I didn’t love each other.
但有时人们就是合不来.
But sometimes even when people think a lot about each other,
有时就没办法在一起
they sometimes just don’t get on together.
所以你不得不把我们再换回去?
So you’re gonna have to switch us back again, huh?
法律上, 你属于你♥爸♥爸, 莎伦属于我.
Well, legally, you belong to your father and Sharon belongs to me.
他的和她的. 让我感觉像分浴室毛巾一样.
His and hers. Makes me feel like a bathroom towel.
很差劲, 不是吗?
[Sighs] It’s lousy, isn’t it?
别担心. 我们会找到办法的.
But don’t worry. We’ll find a way.
每人六个月. 那就是最终的办法.
A six-month split. That’s how it’s gonna end up.
什么?
A what?
夏令营里许多孩子有那种问题.
Oh, a lot of kids in camp have that problem too.
跟这个六个月, 跟那个六个月–
Six months with one parent. Six months with the other.
象溜溜球一样.
[Chuckles] Like a yo-yo.
我跟你一样不喜欢,
Oh, I don’t like it anymore than you do, darling.
但我不会马上失去你.
But don’t worry. I’m not gonna lose you now.
贝蒂娜, 你能把这个装进箱子吗? – 是, 夫人.
Oh, Bettina, would you put this in your case? – Yes ma’am!
我可以进来吗?
May I come in?
当然可以.
Of course, Dad.
我给你订了中午的飞机.
Well, I have you and Susan on the noon plane.
没多少时间了.- 事发仓促,我尽力而为.
That doesn’t give us very much time. – Best I can do on short notice.
谢谢你. – 现在交通非常拥挤.
Well, thank you. – Traffic’s pretty heavy these days.
你穿那件衣服去旅行?
Are you, uh… Are you wearing that dress on the trip, are you?
它怎么了? – 它很体面.
What’s wrong with it? – Oh, it’s very nice. Very nice.
当你见到米奇代我向他问好.我想知道他有了什么样的夫人.
Give my best to Mitch when you see him. I wonder what kind of a wife he has now.
谁说他结婚了? – 像米奇这样朝气蓬勃,浪漫多情的人,
Oh, who said he’s married? – Well, a vital romantic fellow like Mitch,
找个年轻漂亮的妻子是必然的.
it’s a cinch he’d find himself a nice young wife.
我希望她喜欢很多的户外运动, 还会刮鱼鳞.
Well, I certainly hope that she likes to sleep in the great outdoors and scale fish.
别如今吃不到葡萄就说葡萄酸.
Yeah, now, no sour grapes now.
贝蒂娜, 你能找到我的蓝色衬衫吗?
Oh, Bettina, would you see if you can find my blue skirt?
是, 夫人.
Yes, ma’am.
玛格丽特, 我得佩服你,
You know, Margaret, I’ve got to hand it to you for one thing.
风骨奇伟,
I’ve got to give you credit.
不追随服装时尚新趋势.
It certainly shows strength of character not to go with the new fashion trends in clothes.
你在暗示什么?
All right, Dad, now what are you trying to get at?
我只是说…
Oh, no, I was just saying, you know… I’m just saying that.
换换发型…
And take your hairstyle.
我的发型不对吗? – 这正是我的意思.
What’s wrong with my hair? – That’s what I mean.
女人正流行把头发弄松一点…
Women nowadays are wearing their hair a little differently. A little fuller, maybe.
你想打架吗?
All right, Dad, are you looking for a fight?
和我最喜欢的女儿? 不.别误会我.
With my favorite daughter? Not on your life. Now. now, don’t get me wrong.
我的天, 你爱怎样怎样.
My goodness. Well, you know, you are what you are.
我决不会改变你的.
Now, God love you, I wouldn’t want to change you for the world. Not for the world.
谁会改变? – 你保持原样吧.
Who said anything about changing? – That’s what I say. Stay the way you are.
我当然打算如此.
Well, I certainly intend to.
一个体面的,可靠的, 稳重的,自在的女人,
A nice, reliable, settled, comfortable woman…
接受了优雅高贵时代的来临.
who accepts the coming of age with grace and dignity.
这是有人能说出的最讨厌的事!
Why, that’s the most horrible thing that anybody could possibly say.
你正在失态,
There you are, you’re flying off the handle.
我只是来 亲你并祝你好运的.
And all I came in here for was to kiss you good-bye and wish you good luck.
再见, 女儿.
[Chuckles] Good-bye, daughter, huh.
再见. – 代我向米奇问好.
Good-bye. – Give my regards to Mitch, huh?
不过再想一想, 那件衣服看起来很适合你.
You know, come to think of it, that dress seems just perfect for you.
我都打包好了. 我们什么时候走?
Hi, Mother. I’m all packed. What time do we go?
中午的飞机.
On the noon plane.
给莎伦的东西都带了吗?
We haven’t got very much time. Have you got everything we wanted for Sharon?
Mm-hmm.
你觉得我们在纽约逗留一下怎么样?
Um, how’d you like to stop over in New York for a few days?
耶! 为什么?
Oh, yeah. Why?
我们能在西行前购购物.
Well, I thought that we might do some shopping before we head West.
我们有了一头漂亮的小牛.
Hey, we got a nice little calf there, Mitch.
[Cows Mooing]
你在愁什么?
What’s eatin’ you?
你有过某事就要发生的预感吗?
Ya ever get that funny feeling like something’s gonna happen?
就象风暴正在酝酿?
Like a storm brewin’?
不. 走吧.
No. Come on.
沃贝娜, 我们来了! 莎伦!
Verbena. Verbena, we’re here. Sharon.
沃贝娜! 我们来了!
Verbena, we’re here.
来, 妈妈.我来介绍…
Come on, Mother. Shall I help you with…
亲爱的! – 沃贝娜.你还好吗?
Oh, darling. – Verbena. How are you?
埃文斯太太! 你看起来好美. 让我帮你拿东西.
Mrs. Evers. You just look wonderful. Here, let me take your things.
我会把它们拿进屋.哦,亲爱的!- 沃贝娜.你还好吗?
Let me take ’em inside. Hello, darling. – Hello, Verbena. How are you?
我很好. 我们好想你. –
Oh, I’m fine. But we’ve missed you. – How’s Andromeda and Schotzli?