Hi, Grandfather. – Hello, sweetheart.
哦, 我的天.
Oh, my, my, my.
让我看看你.
Oh, well, well, well. Let me look at you.
你剪了,出什么事了, 亲爱的?
Have you had… Well, what’s the matter, dear?
我只是看到你好高兴.- 我看到你也好高兴.
I’m just happy to see you. – Ah, and I’m happy to see you too.
你外婆在这想死你了.
I’ll tell you, your grandpa missed you around here.
我们过得很糟糕…
You know, it was an awful… [Stammering]
等等,
Wait a minute.
你在做什么?
Wait, wait. What are you doing?
留下记忆.
Making a memory.
留下记忆?
Making a memory? – Mm-hmm.
许多年后的今天,当我完全长大时,
All my life, years from now when I’m quite grown up.
我会永远记住外公的味道…
I’ll remember my grandfather and how he always smelled of…
…烟草和薄荷味.
[Sniffing] tobacco and peppermint.
烟草和薄荷味!
Smelled of tobacco and pepper… [Chuckling]
我用薄荷治我的消化不良,
Well, I’ll tell you what. I use the peppermint for my indigestion,
用烟草让你的外婆发疯.
and the tobacco… [Clears Throat] to make your grandmother mad.
[Laughing]
莎伦! 莎伦!
Sharon. Sharon.
欢迎回家, 宝贝.
Welcome home, darling,…
妈妈! – 你回家真是太好了.
Mother. – Oh, darling. It’s so good to have you home.
让我看看你…
Let me take a look at…
你究竟把你的头发怎么了?
What on earth have you done to your hair?
剪了. – 显而易见.
I cut it. – Well, that’s certainly obvious.
我想有些事变了.
I thought there was something different.
剪了就剪了吧. 它还会长出来的.
Well, what’s done is done. At least it’ll grow again.
怎么了, 莎伦?
What’s the matter, Sharon?
我看见眼泪了?
Are those tears I see?
我忍♥不住, 妈妈.
I can’t help it, Mother.
但愿你知道. – 知道什么?
If only you knew. – Knew what?
莎伦! 你什么时候回来的?
Why, Sharon. When did you get back?
她刚到.
Hi, Granny. – She just arrived.
她看上去好极了.
Doesn’t she look wonderful?
你把你的头发怎么了?
Ye… My dear child, what have you done to your hair?
她剪了. – 我剪了是因为…
She cut it. – Well, I had to because…
如果我的意见有人听的话 – 我很怀疑
If my opinion means anything in this house, which I doubt.
我喜欢这头发.
I like it short the way it is.
查尔斯, 少放屁. – 我好多年没有放屁了.
Charles, stop burbling. – I haven’t burbled in years and…
去读你的报纸.
Go down to your office and read your newspaper.
晚餐见.
See you at dinner.
再见.
Bye. – Oh, now really, Mother.
它不算太难看.
it doesn’t look so bad.
真淘气. 你是男孩还是女孩? 拿定主意.
It’s hoydenish. Are you a boy or a girl? Make up your mind.
那是什么? – 那是我带给你的礼物.
What’s that? – Oh, it’s a present I brought for you.
我们做的… 我为你做的.
We made it… I mean, I made it. especially for you.
谢谢你. 它是什么?
Thank you, dear. What is it?
用冰棒棍做的鸟笼.
It’s a bird cage made out of popsicle sticks.
来跟我上楼去.
Oh, come on upstairs with me while I finish getting dressed.
待会见.
See you later.
[Chuckles]
你交朋友了?
Did you make some nice friends at camp?
一个特别的女孩.
Oh, yes, one girl in particular.
她是谁? – 只是一个女孩.
Who is she? – Oh, just a girl.
从波士顿来的? – 不. 只是从某地来的.
From Boston? – No, just a girl from someplace.
天啊,你真美.
My goodness, you’re beautiful.
怎么了?
[Exhales] Well, what’s the matter?
你盯着我 就象以前从没见过我一样.
You’re staring at me as if you’d never seen me before.
我不知道. 我只是高兴, 你在这儿,你还是你.
Oh, I don’t know. I’m just happy you’re here and that you’re you.
我也高兴,你在这儿,你还是你.
Well, I’m happy that you’re here and you’re you.
帮我扣紧.
Now, be a good girl, fasten me up.
你想我吗? – 啊哈. 你想我吗?
Did you miss me? – Mm-hmm. Did you miss me?
你永远不会知道.
[Chuckles] You’ll never know.
玛格丽特,别忘了红十字会会议.
Margaret, don’t forget the Red Cross meeting in 2:30.
我会在索美塞地铁站见你.站有站相,
I’ll see you at the Somerset Club after my garden club meeting. Stand up, child.
孩子. 别无精打采. 我希望你没染上坏毛病.
Don’t slouch. I hope you haven’t picked up bad habits at that camp of yours.
索美塞地铁站见.
Keep your shoulders straight. See you at the Somerset, Margaret.
好的, 妈妈.
Yes, Mother.
为什么皱眉头?
Now… Well, what’s the frown for?
你要开会办事.
I just got back and you’ve got all those meetings and things.
我以为我们能聊一整天的.
Well, I thought we could spend the day together and talk.
我们整个周末都可以聊. 红十字会开会我不能不去.
Oh, we have the whole weekend to talk. And you know that I cannot cancel the Red Cross.
[Sighs]
那我不得不说的事可以延后.
[Sighs] Well, what I have to say can wait.
是吗, 亲爱的?
Yes, dear?
我只是想有次女人之间的谈话 和你聊聊史坦福.
I just wanted to have a little “woman to woman” talk with you about Stafford.
谁是史坦福?
Stafford? Who’s Stafford?
我在野营时遇见的男孩. 我只想听听你的建议.
Oh, this boy I met at camp. I just wanted your advice on something.
关于什么的建议?
Yes? On what?
嗯…
Well, uh…
我想要你告诉我 你结婚前等了多久.
I wanted you to tell me how long you waited before you got married.
莎伦?
Sharon.
罗克莱斯? – 在, 玛格丽特小姐.
Oh, Lockness. – Yes, Miss Margaret?
请告诉我母亲我不能和她会合,
Please tell my mother that I won’t be able to meet her, and cancel all of my appointments
取消我的约定. – 取消约定?
for today. – Cancel them?
对. 出了大事.
Yes. Something very important has come up.
Yes, Miss Margaret.
莎伦, 我极力要说的是 结婚的决定
Sharon, what I’m trying to say is that the decision to marry…
最好留着等长大再说.
is something best considered after you’ve lived a little bit longer.
妈妈,你是对的. 史坦福对我来说太幼稚了.
Mother, you’re perfectly right. Stafford was much too juvenile for me.
谢天谢地.
Well, thank goodness for that.
直截了当吧, 我对他提不起精神.
To be perfectly frank with you, the old zing just wasn’t there.
精神?
Zing?
对. 脊梁骨发麻的感觉.
Yes you know, the charge that shoots up your spine when you meet…
the one man you wanna marry.
就象你遇见爸爸时一样的感觉. 爸爸人怎么样?
Like when you met Daddy. [Sighs] What was Daddy like?
好, 我不明白我们怎么提到他了.
Well… I don’t know how we got around to him.
谈论他让你非常痛苦吗?
Is it terribly painful for you to talk about Daddy?
不. 怎么会呢?
No. Why should it be?
我不知道.
I don’t know.
我想也许当爱上某人时…
Well, I thought, maybe when you’ve been in love with somebody once,
回想和记忆也许会非常痛苦.
well, the recollection and memory might be bitter bitterly painful.
莎伦, 那已经过去很多年了.
Oh, Sharon, that was many, many years ago.
不要夸张了.
Don’t dramatize it.
他第一次约你在什么地方?
Where did he take you on your very first date?
他约我共进晚餐
He… He took me to dinner.
在一家意大利餐馆, 地方在纽约的一处地下室里.
It was an Italian restaurant. One of those down in those old basements in New York.
它叫 “马丁内利”.
It was called Mar… Martinelli’s.
“马丁内利”? – 对.
Martinelli’s? – Yes.
嗯.
Hmm.
你说当时放了音乐.
You said there was music. – Uh-huh.
放的是什么歌♥? – 歌♥?
What song did they play? – Song?
一定会放首歌♥的. 老歌♥”他们正在放我们的歌♥”之类的.
Oh, there must’ve been a song. You know, the old “They’re playing our song” type of thing.
放了吗, 我不记得了.
Oh. Well, if there was, I wouldn’t remember it.
过去太久了.
It was much too long ago. – Oh.
# La-di-dom Ba-dee #
# La-di-dom La-di #
# La-di La-di-dom #
# La-da #
虽然时间可以撕碎
# Though time may tatter #
我们第一次的甜蜜激动
# Our first sweet thrill #
没关系
# It doesn’t matter #
它永不会(被忘记)…
# It never will #
# La-di-dom La-di #
# La-di-dom Ba-dom #
# La-di La-di-dom #
# La-da #
[People Chattering]
苏西!
Susie.
嗨, 花生. – 嗨, 爸爸.
Hi, peanut. – Hi, Dad.
野营怎么样? – 很好.
Well, how was the camp? – Fine.
没有骨折吧? 真没有?
No broken bones or anything? – Mm-mm.
来,我们取行李去.
No. Come on, let’s get the bags, honey.
这是我的行李牌. – 你还在啃指甲?
Here’s my baggage check. – Oh, boy, are you still biting your nails?
你注意到了. 她告诉我你…
Oh, you noticed. She told me that you…
什么?
[Chuckles] – What?
没什么.
Nothing.
我真的可喜欢你写的 所有那些又美又长又有新闻的信了.
Well, I certainly did enjoy all those nice long newsy letters, yes, sir.
我们打算写,