Don’t you feel it? Don’t you know what’s happening?
你没有发觉这很奇怪吗? 我们这么相像,我们正好同一天过生日?
Don’t you find it peculiar that we both look so much alike and have the same birthday?
这只是冥冥天注定吧,不是吗? – 你能进来一会吗,求你?
It’s just one of those things, isn’t it? – Will you come inside a minute… please?
妈妈说我有特异功能,
Mother always says I’m psychic,
奇事即将发生时我能感觉到.
you know, that I can sense things when something odd is going to happen.
我总是起风团. 看.
I always get goose bumps. Look.
那又怎么样?
So what?
我不明白.
I don’t understand.
你怎么变出她的照片的?
What are you doing with her picture?
她是我妈妈.
It’s my mother.
但她也是我妈妈.
But it’s my mother too.
## [Reveille]
[Girls Chattering]
吃午饭去.
Uh… lunch.
你去吧,我不饿.
You go. I’m not hungry.
I hope we have chicken tonight because I really like that,
[Crying]
[Gasps]
我不知道该说什么.
I didn’t know what to say.
我明白. 我也不知道.
I know. I didn’t either.
啊! 姐妹!
Golly, sisters.
你知道可能发生过什么吗?
You know what probably happened.
他们一定吵架了分开了,
They must’ve quarrelled and parted…
然后可以说就”平分”了我们- 每人养一个.
and just sort of… bisected us, each taking one of us.
为什么你猜他们分开了?
Why do you suppose they separated?
我不知道.我不能想象有人不再爱妈妈.
I don’t know. I can’t imagine anyone not loving Mother.
她是仙女下凡.
She’s absolutely divine.
那爸爸呢? 他妙极了,
Well, what about Dad? He’s a sensational person.
无论作为朋友还是其它方面.
I mean, as a friend and all.
事实是他们谁也没有再婚.
The thing is… that neither of them got married again.
你明白这意味着什么吗?
You see what that means?
不太明白. – 在他们的内心最深处,
Not really. – Secretly, in their innermost hearts,
他们一定还爱着彼此.
they must still be in love with each other.
那么为什么他们一直分开?
Then why have they stayed separated all these years?
那就是真爱造成的美丽痛苦.
Because that’s how true love creates its beautiful agony.
所有好恋人都有过痛苦时光.
All splendid lovers have just dreadful times.
佩利亚斯和梅丽桑德, 达佛涅斯和克洛伊?
Uh… Peleus and Melisande, Daphnis and Chloe.
历史充满了恋人们被一些傻事分开的故事.
History’s just jammed with stories of lovers parted by some silly thing.
Uh-oh.
Oh.
哦,我的天!
Oh. Oh, my goodness.
哦,伙计! 哦,糟了!
Oh, boy. Oh, my gosh. Oh…
出什么事了?
Uh… – What’s the matter?
你想见爸爸 我想知道妈妈.
You wanna meet Father and I’m just dying to know Mother.
嗯, 假如…会怎样?
Well, what if…
太吓人了, 但我们应该可以办得到.
Oh, my gosh. It just seems so scary that we might be able to pull it off.
办得到什么?
Pull what off?
互换身份. – 互换?
Switch places. – Switch?
我们做得到,我们是双胞胎.
We could do it. We’re twins, aren’t we?
我想知道妈妈.看! 我正在起风团.
Oh, I want to know Mother. Look, now I’m getting goose bumps.
我也是.
Me too.
这不仅仅是互换身份.
You know something, there’s more to it than just switching places.
我相信命运会让我们团聚. 为什么?
I believe fate brought us together. – How so?
如果我们互换了, 他们不得不把我们换回来.
If we switched, sooner or later they’d have to unswitch us.
妈妈会带我去加州.
Mother would have to bring me to California to unmix us.
他们不得不重逢. – 面对面.
And they’d have to meet again. – Face to face.
你和我心心相通? – 一点不错.
Are you thinking what I’m thinking? – Exactly.
让我们开始吧.
Let’s get to work.
真惊人.
Hmm? – It’s amazing.
你应该穿这件见爸爸.
Now, I think you should wear this one when you go to meet Dad.
好漂亮! 我要穿这件去波士顿.
Oh, this is gorgeous. Oh, I’m going to wear this one when I go to Boston.
我好喜欢它!
Oh, I adore it.
苏珊, 专心.
Now, Susan, will you pay attention.
音乐房♥和图书室在一楼.
Now the music room and the library are on the first floor.
你的卧室在二楼左边第二个门.
Now your room is the second door on the second floor on the left.
all right?
马叫斯柯兹利 狗叫安多米达.
Now, the horse’s name is Schotzli and the dog is Andromeda.
沃贝娜星期一收集脏衣服…
Verbena collects the dirty laundry every Monday.
莎伦, 专心!
[Girls Chattering] – Sharon, will you pay attention.
但脏袜子在星期三洗.
Now, except for the dirty socks, those are Thursday.
我最喜欢吃的东西是辣豆,
Oh, yeah. My favorite food is chili beans.
你要嚼口香糖,因为我嚼.
Oh, and you gotta chew gum ’cause I always chews gum.
平着写A字. 记住,你所有的A字都要平写.
Um, flat ‘A’s’, you must remember all your ‘A’s’ are flat.
语速要快,因为那儿人人说话快.
Uh, talk fast, you know, ’cause everybody talks fast. And…
但我从不啃指甲!
But I never bite my nails.
莎伦, 你要啃. 我总是啃.
Sharon, ya gotta. I always chew mine.
无论如何, 爸爸会知道.
Anyhow, Dad’ll know.
来吧,啃!
Go on, bite ’em,
不能. 不会. 姨妈. 对吗?
Can’t. Shan’t. Aunt. Hmm?
不对. 咋能. 咋会. 妈姨.
No, no.”Ca-un’t.” “Sha-un’t.” “Au-unt.”
咋能. 咋会. 妈姨.
“Ca-un’t.” “Sha-un’t.” “Au-unt.”
哦,我都不能等到野营结束.- 咋能等.
Ooh, I can’t wait till camp is over. – “Ca-un’t” wait.
对,我咋能等.
Okay, I “ca-un’t” wait.
[Girls Saying Good-bye]
但是, 爸爸… – 你不能带它回家!
But Daddy, he doesn’t smell at all. – You’re not gonna take it home, and that’s it.
哦,爸爸,你这个大刻薄鬼! 我花了这么久来努力抓住它.
Oh, Daddy, you’re so mean. He’s so cute.
She’s not gonna take it home.
Ah, you big meany. I spent so much time to get him.
Ahh, baby.
[Chattering]
It’s got to be done methodically.
要有条不紊. 回想和记忆.
Remember the key: recollection and memory.
与她谈谈他们怎么相识的.
Get her talking about how her and Daddy first met.
还有怎么开始的
And their first date.
弄清楚他们的第一次约会. – 莎伦!
Find out about that first date. – MISS INCH: Sharon.
叫你呢. – 来了!
That’s you now. – Oh, yes, coming.
你必须带妈妈来加州.
Now, look, the most important thing: you must bring Mother to California.
波士顿不是重温浪漫的地方.
Boston is no place to rekindle a romance.
莎伦 麦肯德里克!
MISS INCH: Sharon McKendrick.
再见, 姑娘们. 莎伦 麦肯德里克!
Good-bye, girls. Good-bye. Sharon McKendrick.
你的司机等着呢, 亲爱的. 快点.
Your chauffeur’s waiting for you, dear, Now hurry,
惩罚是很严酷, 我知道,
The punishment was harsh, I know, putting you two girls together,
但你熬过来了 我希望你们都学到了点东西.
but you’ve survived it, and I hope you’ve both learned something from the experience.
你会吃惊的, 英奇小姐.
Oh, boy, you’d be surprised, Miss Inch.
[Chuckles]
再见, 莎伦. 下个暑假见.
Yes. Well, good-bye, Sharon. See you next summer.
再见, 英奇小姐…
Good-bye, Miss Inch. Oh, uh…
我咋能告诉您我玩的有多开心.
I ‘ca-un’t’ tell you how very much I’ve enjoyed my stay.
我咋会告诉妈姨关于妈姨…蚂蚁的事,还有礼服的事, 我会吗?
I ‘sha-un’t’ tell my au-unt about the ‘au-unts’ uh, ants, nor the debutantes, shall I?
再见.
[Chuckles] Bye.
你的头发怎么了? – 我剪了它. 长头发太热了.
What did you do to your hair? – Oh, I cut it. It was too hot long.
等着让你外婆看见吧.
You wait till your grandmother sees what you’ve done.
[Car Door Closes]
罗克莱斯小姐, 贝蒂娜… 楼上. 左边第三个门.
Miss Lockness, Betina, upstairs, third door to the left.
她叫什么来着?
Oh, what’s her name? Miss…
[Car Door Closes]
没什么大不了的.
[Sighs] Oh, well here goes nothin’.
什么?
What?
…白葡萄酒和…
WOMAN: For the white wine and with the meat.
我们还有”路易圣佐治”多吗?
Do we have any more of… [Muttering]
我们最好为女士们的披肩准备标签.
I think we better have cloakroom tickets for the ladies’ wraps as well.
罗莎, 我要所有的镀金椅子都摆在音乐室.
Oh, Rosa, I want all the gilt chairs in the music room, and do
see that they’re well dusted.
您要我提醒您…
MAID: Mrs, McKendrick, you asked me to remind you…
对, 对.
Oh, yes, yes, yes,
女仆们务必保持安静.
And do see that the maids keep absolutely quiet during the music.
她们必须不出声的清空烟灰缸.
And if they must empty the ash trays, tell them. to do it without clinking.
对…
I’ll see to it.
我想要两架斯坦威钢琴都摆在北边.
And I want those Steinways at the north end of the music room.
你检查了交付吗? – 我现在就去看.
Have you checked about delivery? – I’ll see about it right now.
你野营回来了.
Now, I’ll tell you what. – Well, you’re home from camp, are you?
你好,罗克莱斯小姐.
Hello, Miss Lockness.
你的内衣都带回家了吧?
Did you bring home all your underwear and personal things?
在我的行李箱里.
Yes, it’s in my luggage. Staimes has it.
也许满是细菌.
It’s probably full of germs.
你把你的头发怎么了? – 你喜欢吗?
What have you done to your hair? – Do you like it?
等着让你外婆看见吧.
Wait till your grandmother sees what you’ve done.
我听到了谁在外头?
Who is that I hear out there?
那不是我的小姑娘吗? 又高又瘦的小家伙?
Is that my little girl? The tall, gangly thing?
嗨,外公. – 你好, 甜心.