♪ I’ll never let you go ♪
♪ Never let you go ♪
♪ I’ll never let you go ♪
设计婚纱不会让你想结婚
So, doesn’t designing all these wedding gowns ever make you think about…
或想到开头是”F”的词吗
getting married again, or at least make you think about the “F” word.
“F”的词
The “F” word?
-我父亲 -噢 那个”F”的词
-My father. Oh! Oh, that “F” word.
不会 其实
Well, no, actually…
我嫁给他的时候也没穿婚纱
because I didn’t even wear a wedding gown when I married the “F” word.
-没有 为什么 -怎么突然
-You didn’t? Why not? -Why the sudden curiosity…
对你♥爸♥有兴趣
about your dad, huh?
因为你从不提起他
Well, maybe because he’s never mentioned.
小孩子会猜的
And you can’t blame a kid for wondering.
你不能永远不说的 妈妈
Mother, you can’t avoid the subject forever.
至少告诉我他长什么样
At least tell me what he was like.
老实说 他很帅
Okay. He was quite lovely, to tell you the truth.
我们认识时 他真的很迷人
When we met he was… actually, entirely lovely.
-好了吗 -好吧
-All right? -All right.
你们在伦敦认识的
So, did you meet him here in London?
-是在”QE2″上认识的 -“QE”什么
-We met on the Q.E.2. -Q.E. what?
伊丽莎白女王二世号♥ 是从伦敦到纽约的邮轮
The Queen Elizabeth ll. It’s an ocean liner that sails from London to New York…
我跟他都不喜欢搭飞机
’cause I wasn’t keen on flying then and neither was your father.
我们第一晚就认识了 晚餐还同桌呢
We met our first night on board ship. We were seated next to each other at dinner.
-他是美国人 -真的
-He’s an American, you know. -No kidding?
你们是一见钟情吗
So, was it love at first sight?
我就知道你总有一天会问 出租车
I knew you were going to ask me all these questions one day. Taxi!
亲爱的老爸
Dear ol’ Dad.
不晓得他在做什么
I wonder what he’s doing at this very moment.
谢谢
Thanks.
老天
Oh, gosh.
是他
It’s him.
荷莉
Hey, Hal!
欢迎回家
Welcome home, kiddo.
给我抱抱 小坏蛋
Get into these arms, you little punk.
爸 终于见面了
Dad. Finally.
希望你玩得不开心 你不能再去了
Oh, I hope you had a lousy time at that camp, because you are not going back.
因为我太想你了
I missed you too much.
你是怎么了
What happened to you, Hal?
你变了
Something’s changed.
变高了
Are you getting taller?
怎么样
So, what’s up, Dad?
雀西和大家都好吗
I mean, how’s Chessy and everybody?
大家都很好 全都等不及要见你了
Great. Everybody’s great. Can’t wait to see you.
八个礼拜太久了
Eight weeks really is too long, Hal.
-也发生了很多事 -我也发生很多事 爸爸
-A lot’s been happening around here. -A lot’s happened to me too, Dad.
我就像是全新的女人
I mean, I feel like I’m practically a new woman.
怎么 我的胡子没刮好
What’s the matter? I cut myself shaving?
不 只是我第一次见到你
No, it’s just just seeing you for the first time.
我是说 好久没见到你
I mean, you know, in so long.
你比我想像的高 爸
You look taller to me, too, Dad.
来吧 小不点儿 回家吧
Come on, squirt. Let’s get home.
再说一句 谢谢你的全新信纸
Oh, by the way, thanks for all those newsy letters.
我非常高兴我给你买♥♥了那么多个性文具
I’m really glad I bought you that personalized stationery…
那些都是你想要的
you just had to have.
-我们打算写的 爸爸 但是我们只是 -我们
-Well, we meant to write, Dad, but we just got so… -We?
我跟我朋友
Oh! Oh, me and my friend.
我在夏令营交了个好朋友
I I met this girl at camp and we got really close.
太好了 简直情同姐妹
Great. Practically like sisters.
-她很可爱 -情同姐妹
-She was a lovely girl. -Lovely girl?
怎么突然咬文嚼字
All of sudden you’re so proper?
你还是会咬指甲
You’re still biting those nails, I see.
-爸 你看到了 -这是什么话
-Dad, you noticed. -What do you mean noticed?
你长牙后就开始咬指甲了
You’ve been biting them since you could chew.
我不咬了 积习难改
But I’ve decided to stop, Dad. It’s a horrid habit.
情同姐妹 积习难改
Lovely girl, horrid habit.
你是去上夏令营还是去上成语班
What did I do, send you to summer or finishing school?
你干嘛每句话都要说声爸
And why do you keep saying “Dad” at the end of every sentence?
抱歉 我不知道我讲话是那样子的 爸
I’m sorry. I didn’t realize I was doing it, Dad.
抱歉 爸
Sorry, Dad.
你想知道为什么吗
Do you want to know why I keep saying “Dad”?
-原因就是 -因为你太想念老爸
-The truth? -Because you missed your old man so much, right?
没错 我这辈子
Exactly. It’s because in my whole life…
我是说这八个礼拜
I mean, you know, for the past eight weeks…
都没机会叫一声爸
I was never able to say the word “dad.” Never. Not once.
如果你问我 我会说
And if you ask me, I mean…
父亲在女儿心目中的地位是难以取代的
a dad is an irreplaceable person in a girl’s life.
想想看 这就是父亲节存在的理由
Think about it. There’s a whole day devoted to celebrating fathers.
想想没有爸爸的生活
Just imagine someone’s life without a father
不能坐在爸爸怀中撒娇
never buying a Father’s Day card, never sitting on their father’s lap…
或说声 “爸 你好吗” 或是 “爸 待会见”
never being able to say, “Hi, Dad” or “What’s up, Dad” or “Catch you later, Dad.”
婴儿学会的第一句话 就是爸爸啊
I mean, a baby’s first words are always “dada”, aren’t they?
让我弄清楚 你很想叫我爸
Let me see if I get this You miss being able to call me dad?
我真的很想 爸
Yeah. I really have, Dad.
我的天 我的天
Oh, my God. Oh, my God.
这样才像是你
Now you’re starting to sound like your old self.
小美人
Hello, gorgeous!
看看你
Oh, look at you!
你长高了
Oh, you grew.
我们好想你
Oh, we missed you so much.
别让你♥爸♥劝你不去夏令营
Hey, don’t you dare let your old man talk you out of going back to camp. Okay?
大女孩得多见见世面
You’re a growing girl. You need adventure.
-好 -饿了吗
-Okay. -Oh, you hungry?
我做了面包跟辣豆酱
I made corn bread and chili.
-干嘛不说话 怎么了 -没什么
-Why are you so quiet? What’s wrong? -Nothing, it’s just
回家好高兴
I’m so happy to be home.
有面包跟辣豆酱
Hey, did I hear something about corn bread and chili?
在炉子上
Yeah, it’s on the stove. So…
你变了 荷莉
something’s changed about you, Hal.
我说不上来
I can’t put my finger on it…
-不过你某方面真的变了 -真的吗
-but something about you is definitely changed. -Really?
我还是老样子啊 真的
Well, it’s just the same old me. Honest.
嗨 山米
Hi, Sammy.
怎么了 傻狗 是荷莉啊
What is wrong with you, you goofball? It’s Hallie.
大概是因为我全身都是夏令营的味道吧
Oh, I I probably just smell like camp, that’s all.
你是怎么了
What’s the matter with you?
你好像都不认得她了
It’s like you didn’t even recognize her.
这比照片上的还要美
Wow! It’s even better than the pictures.
你想先做什么
Okay, kiddo. What do ya wanna do first, huh?
先吃饭再拆行李 还是先拆行李再吃饭
You wanna eat and then unpack? Or, uh, we could unpack and then eat.
-或是边吃边拆行李 -我能在房♥间吃饭
-Or we could eat while we unpack. -Do you mean I can eat in my room?
当然没问题
Yeah, I’d say it’s a definite possibility.
荷莉 弄好就出来 介绍个人给你
Hey, Hal, when you’re done, come on down. There’s someone I want you to meet.
-好吧 爸 -很好 荷莉
-Okay, Dad. -Okay, Hal.
看看你 吃个不停
Look at you. Always eating.
-跟她说了吗 -没有
-Did you tell her? -No.
尼克
Nicky.
-我会说的 -说什么
-I will. I will. -Tell me what?
你♥爸♥想丢脸也不关我的事
Hal, it is none of my business how your father makes a fool out of himself. Okay?
他是个大人了 他可以随心所欲
He’s a big boy. He can do what he wants.
好啦 她是谁
Okay. Okay. So, who is she?
她叫梅莉黛·布莱克
Her name’s Meredith Blake.
旧金山来的公♥关♥
She’s a publicist from San Francisco.
你♥爸♥两个月前请了她
Your father hired her at the beginning of the summer…
来为葡萄园推销葡萄酒
to do some publicity for the vineyard.
我看她比较会推销自己
If you ask me, she’s doing a better job of selling herself than the grapes.
什么意思
What do you mean?
你我都知道 你♥爸♥
Look, you and I both know your father’s…
并不是调情圣手或花♥花♥公♥子♥
not some kind of suave, debonaire bachelor of the month type.
所以 我必须问自己 这么性感火♥辣♥的年轻女孩
So, I gotta ask myself, “What does a hot, young thing like that…”
怎么会看上邋邋遢遢 穿着失败的他
“see in a guy who walks around with his shirttail hanging out and his cereal bowl full of chili?”
后来我猜她有上百万个理由
Then, I realized there’s about a million reasons why that girl’s giggling.
全都存在拿帕银行