地板是这里的孤儿擦的
The orphans scrub the floors.
不 不 这都是我们应该做的事情
No, no, it is our business and our privilege to do such things.
不过每天事情确实越来越多
But there is always more to do each day.
你和你的先生说过这个想法了吗
Have you spoken to your husband of your wish?
是的
Yes.
我不知道你在说什么
I don’t know what you’re saying.
我在河水里发现了污染的痕迹 下游接近坟场的地方
I also found traces in the river, downstream from the burial grounds.
这些结果你已经检验了 -我已经检验过三遍了
You’ve checked these results? -I tested it three times.
那么只能这样了
Well, that’s it, then.
我建议把下游附近的水源围起来
I would recommend barricading the bathing area.
不许任何人接近河水
Cut off all access to the river.
那你要让村民走多远去挑水
How far do you expect people to walk for water?
我一点也不知道 往上游走 至少要离坟场半英里
I’ve no idea. Upriver, at least a half-mile above the burial ground.
那太远了 -没办法
That’s too far. -Nevertheless.
我同意费恩博士说的 必须这样
I agree with Dr. Fane. It’s necessary.
而且我们不是同意了贴个告示
Also, I thought we’d agreed to post a directive…
指示大家必须马上把尸体埋掉
… to dispose of the corpses immediately.
我们已经这样做了
We’ve done that already.
如不强制执行的话就起不了作用
If you don’t enforce it, then it doesn’t matter.
有的人把尸体停放在家里好几天
Families are hiding bodies for days.
然后又埋在离河太近的地方 -我明白
They bury them too close to the river. -I understand.
你没必要重复解释
You don’t have to explain it twice.
团长 我敬请你
Colonel, I respectfully request…
下令让士兵去他们家里
… that you order your soldiers to enter these people’s homes…
把尸体搬走 实在不行就得强制做
… and remove the bodies by force if necessary.
没事
It’s all right.
你好
Hello.
我明白
I understand.
我明白 你们对风水有要求
The spirits need access to the water. I understand that.
我只想挪一下 让他们别泡在水里
I just want to move a few of these so they don’t live in the water.
他说他们是受督军保护的
He said they’re under the protection of their warlord.
如他想搬尸体 他会派他的士兵来
If he wants to move the bodies, he will send his own soldiers.
现在不是一个西方女人 独自在中国小镇里乱逛的时候
It isn’t the best time for a Western woman to explore a Chinese town by herself.
哦 你别说了
Oh, do be quiet.
我被人杀死 还是无聊死 对你都一样
As if you care whether I’m killed by nationalists or boredom.
再说 我又不是一个人
Besides, I wasn’t alone.
我有勇敢的士兵宋青陪着
I was with my gallant protector, Sung Ching.
另外 你知道这个也许会高兴
By the way, you might be happy to know…
我对于修女和你一样没用处
… that I am just as useless to the nuns as I am to you.
今天我关闭了镇上唯一的供水处
I shut off the town’s only water supply today.
接下来怎么办
What will you do?
我一点儿都不知道
I have no idea.
那么我们都是一无是处的人
Then I suppose we’re both useless.
终于找到了共同点
At last, something in common.
费恩博士 我们刚刚被
Dr. Fane. We’ve both been caught out in the weather.
对不起 我没空
Not now, sorry.
你说什么
I beg your pardon?
我在数数 -数数
Counting. -Counting?
今晚我们就在这儿扎营吧
We’ll camp here tonight.
你凭什么觉得督军会跟我们合作
What makes you think this warlord will cooperate?
我觉得他不会
I don’t think he will.
那你想怎么说服他呢
So, what do you plan to say to persuade him?
我不知道
I don’t know.
这些人跟禽兽一样 他们没有理想
These men are like animals. They have no vision.
只关心怎么满足自己的野心
They only have hunger and strength.
这种人从我小时候就执掌着大权
Men like this have held the real power in China since I was young.
但他们掌权的日子就快要结束了
But that time is coming to an end.
新的中国不会容许他们存在
There’s no place for them in the new China.
你好像也不太喜欢我在这儿 对吧
I don’t think you like my being here very much either, do you?
我认为中国是属于中国人的
I think China belongs to Chinese people…
但其它国家似乎都不同意这一点
… but the rest of the world seems to disagree.
是的 但那和我没任何关系
Yes, but that’s got nothing to do with me.
我不是带着枪来这里的 我只带了一个显微镜
I didn’t come here with a gun, you know. I came with a microscope.
我相信你
I believe you.
咱们之间的合作会好很多
But it would be nice to do this work together…
如果贵国的军队不对准我们的人♥民♥
… without your country’s guns pointing at our people.
我们计划把上游的水从田里改道
Our plan is to divert the water to the town…
远离坟场引到镇子里去
… from the fields upriver, above the burial grounds.
如果你能允许还要请你的士兵帮忙
With your permission and the assistance of your troops…
一起把坟场搬离水源
… the graves will be moved away from the water…
然后于团长的人马♥会♥指示村民 妥善埋葬那些尸体
… and Colonel Yu and his men will enforce the prompt burial of the dead.
只要保持水源干净
Maintaining the integrity of the water sources…
在接下来的几个星期严格执行 卫生
… and enforcing proper sanitation over the next weeks…
情况就会改观 大大降低死亡人数
… will make a difference between a few more deaths and possibly thousands.
(他说保持水源清洁)
(推行卫生措施)
(几星期以后)
(死亡的人数)
(可以减少一千人以上)
(他说完了吗 )
(想让我的人去那烂尸岗送死)
(休想)
(人死了)
(那是老天安排的 关我屁事)
(你)
(让他马上滚蛋)
他说不行
He said no.
他不会英文 对吧
He doesn’t speak any English, does he?
告诉他我从没见过那么可笑的制♥服♥
Tell him that’s the most ridiculous suit that I’ve ever seen.
(这位医生说他非常尊重你)
(你讲的没错)
(的确是个烂尸岗)
(可是我的长官说)
(如果你的人控制不了的话)
(那我们的军队非常乐意过来帮你控制一下)
(可是我到你这边看了)
(你们这个地方真好)
(我怕我的人来了之后)
(舍不得走了)
对不起
I’m sorry.
别因为我停下来 如果费恩医生很喜欢的话
Do not stop on my account if Dr. Fane is enjoying himself.
哦 不是 我只是
No. No, not at all.
不 我 这样挺好的 我只是路过
No, l… It’s very nice. I just… I was passing.
不 请留下来 -我该走了
No. Stay. -I should go.
一定要留下来
I insist.
好吧 听你的 -继续吧 费恩太太
All right, if you like. -Continue, Mrs. Fane.
能来点更轻柔的吗
But perhaps something a little more soothing.
好的 当然
Yes, of course.
今天来了一个新孤儿
They brought in a new baby today.
她们叫她崭新 就是全新的意思
The girls named her Zan Xien. It means “brand-new.”
修女们打算叫她凯瑟琳 当然
The nuns are going to call it Katherine, which, of course…
没有一个女孩会发这个音
… none of the girls will be able to say.
感谢这些修女 她们付出如此之多 得到却那么少
Thank goodness for those nuns. They do so much for so little in return.
你也可以从那个角度去看
I suppose you could look at it that way.
那你怎么想
You suppose?
可能比你想像的复杂得多
I think it might be a bit more complicated than that.
收留绝望的孩子 给他们新的希望
They take in desperate children and give them a chance at life.
那又有什么复杂的
What could be so complicated about that?
她们也直接去找年轻的母亲
They also go to young mothers in their homes.
让她们把孩子交给修道院
They ask them to give their babies to the convent.
修女给她们一些钱养家糊口 以鼓励她们来交换
They offer them money to support their families to persuade them to do it.
那些修女们不只是成立孤儿院
They’re not just here to run an orphanage, your nuns.
她们也把孩子变成小天主教♥徒♥
They’re turning those children into little Catholics.
我们每个人留在中国都是有理由的
None of us are in China without a reason.
不过 总的来说
Still, on the whole…
我觉得她们做的是非常好的事情 不是吗
… I think that what they’re doing is a pretty good deed, don’t you?
我只是在这儿研究细茵
I’m here to study bacteria.
我觉得没必要去探讨其它事情
I don’t feel a need to have an opinion about the rest.
嗯 我是这样觉得的 我钦佩她们
Well, I do, and I admire them.
我觉得没那么复杂和阴暗
I don’t think it has to be so complicated and gloomy.
比如说 你现在所做的就非常伟大
And I think what you’re doing, for instance, is incredibly noble.
你以前看不起我 现在不也是吗
You used to feel contempt for me. Don’t you still?
沃尔特 我真不敢相信 像你这么聪明的人
Walter. I can’t believe that you, with all your cleverness…
竟然会如此糊涂
… should have such little sense of proportion.
人类难道不比那些微生物复杂吗
We humans are more complex than your silly little microbes.
我们会犯错 会让人失望
We’re unpredictable. We make mistakes and we disappoint.
是的 的确是这样 -对不起
Yes, we certainly do. -I’m sorry.
对不起 我不是你期望的完美女人
I’m sorry I’m not the perfect young woman that you want me to be.
我是个普通女人
I’m just ordinary.
我从没有装模作样
I never tried to pretend that I was anything else.
没有 你的确没有
No, you certainly didn’t.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
评分细分
音乐
8.3
画面
8.7
导演
7.9
故事
8.2
表演
8.6
前一篇文章短板(2023)
下一篇文章小狗之爱(2023)
帕布莉卡
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。
the-painted-veil面 纱 (中国 1925年) (伦敦 两年前) 你好 -你好 Hello. -He...