He looks at the walls, the floor, his shoes.
他有太多事情要操心了
He has a great deal on his mind.
嗯 的确是这样
Yes, I’m sure of it.
费恩博士
Dr. Fane?
费恩博士
Dr. Fane?
哦 天啊
Oh, God.
好的
All right.
你在干嘛
What are you doing?
马提尼酒
Martini?
谁呀
Yes?
院长让我给你梢个口信
I’m the bearer of a message from the Mother Superior.

Who?
管理孤儿院和医院的修女
The nun who supervises the orphanage and the hospital.
我以为她不知道我的存在
I didn’t know she was aware of my existence.
对了 好像沃丁顿跟她说起过你
Well, apparently, Mr. Waddington has spoken of you.
她很想见见仁慈的费恩医生的
She would very much like to meet the loving, loyal wife…
那位深情又忠诚的太太
… of the compassionate Dr. Fane.
那 我得准备装腔作势了
Right. Then I must prepare myself for the charade.
她也能理解 如果
She does understand if you…
你不想到疫区最严重的地方去
… don’t want to venture into the center of the epidemic.
你都不怕我怕什么
If you’re not afraid, why should I be?
我忘了
I forgot.
沃尔特 噢 我的上帝
Walter? Oh, my God.
你喝醉了
You’re drunk.
(鬼子)
别期待太高 她们穷得要命
Don’t expect anything grand. They’re miserably poor.
你好
Hello.
真是太荣幸 能认识
It is a great pleasure to make the acquaintance…
我们勇敢好心医生的太太
… of the wife of our good and brave doctor.
我也很高兴能认识你
Lovely to meet you too.
沃丁顿先生
Mr. Waddington.
你一定得尝尝艾德琳饼
You must eat the madeleine.
圣约瑟夫修女今早亲手为你做的
Sister St. Joseph made them for you herself this morning.
请告诉我 费恩太太
So tell me, Mrs. Fane…
你信奉什么宗教
… to which faith do you subscribe?
对不起
Excuse me.
我们去教堂做礼拜 但不是特别认真的
We attended services. Not religiously… Regularly.
也可以说我是英格兰教会的一员
You could say I’m a member of the Church of England.
那间接地说就是
Which is an inoffensive way of saying…
你并不太信奉任何宗教
… you don’t quite believe in anything much.
你非常漂亮
You’re very pretty.
也非常年轻
And very young.
我不年轻 我觉得自己很老了
I assure you I’m not. I feel ancient.
要是你想参观修道院和孤儿院
If Mrs. Fane would like to see over the convent and orphanage…
我很愿意带你去参观一下
… I shall be glad to show her.
只你一人
Alone.
年纪大的缝衣服 这样子她们有事情做
We keep the older girls busy with sewing. It keeps them occupied.
也能帮修道院嫌点钱
And earns money for the convent.
那女孩不让我们给她施洗礼
That one won’t allow us to baptize her.
我们的音乐教室
Our music room.
修女玛丽丝
Sister Maryse.
多米尼克修女曾是我们钢琴师
Sister Dominique was our pianist.
她上周死于霍乱
She died last week. Cholera.
从这里穿过去是病房♥
Through there is the infirmary.
我劝你还是不要看了
It is not a sight one would wish to see.
我是否通知费恩博士出来见你
Shall I call Dr. Fane out to see you?
不用 不必打扰他
No. You needn’t disturb him.
现在 霍乱四处蔓延 要照顾的人越来越多
Now, with the epidemic, we have even more to care for.
这个婴儿是今早送来的
This baby was brought in this morning.
又多了个孤儿
Another orphan.
她说费恩博士喜欢婴儿
She says Dr. Fane loves babies.
他总是尽量留在育婴室帮忙
He spends as much time as he can helping them out in the nursery.
费恩太太
Mrs. Fane?
费恩太太
Mrs. Fane?
你还好吗
You all right?

Yes.
我没事 只是太愚蠢了
It’s nothing, only foolishness.
你在干什么
What do you want?
对不起
Sorry.
我把你的晚饭带来了 -好 就放在那里吧
I brought you your supper. -All right. Just leave it there.
还有什么事吗
Is there something else?
你在做什么呢
What’s that you’re doing?
测试本地西红柿的硝酸盐含量
I am testing the nitrate levels of a local tomato.
为什么
Why?
为什么
Why?
你对这个不会感兴趣的
Can’t possibly interest you.
好吧 好好享用你的晚餐
Well, enjoy your supper.
沃尔特
Walter.
假如我们能度过霍乱以后怎么办
What do you propose we should do if we get through the epidemic?
我也不知道
I have no idea.
但我认为总谈论该忘掉的事情 可不会有什么好处
But I don’t think any good will come of talking about a situation we should forget.
但你是不会把它忘掉的 -对不起 我确实要工作了
But you don’t forget. -Please. I really must work.
你不能听听我要说的吗
Won’t you listen to what I have to say?
好吧 如果你坚持的话
All right. If you insist.
今天我
It’s just, today…
和修女们一起呆在修道院
… having been at the convent, with those nuns.
她们干什么了 让你参加教会
What have they done, converted you?
不是 她们说起你
No. They spoke of you.
让我觉得 -什么
And it made me feel… -What?
让你觉得什么
It made you feel what?
我好像一直很害怕你 -你是应该怕我
I think I’ve been afraid of you. -Well, you should have been.
对不起
Excuse me.
如果不能工作 我就要去睡觉了
If I can’t work, I’m going to bed.
我知道你还生气
I know you’re angry at me.
但我们能不能试着谈一谈
But if we could just try and talk about…
坦白说 我根本不理解
Honestly, I don’t understand you.
你到底要我♥干♥什么
What is it that you want from me?
也许我希望我们可以不这么痛苦
Perhaps I just want us to be a little less unhappy.
你如果觉得我痛苦 那你就错了
You’re mistaken in thinking I am.
要做的事情太多
I have too much to do to think of you very much.
根本没时间想你这正是我要说的 我觉得自己没用
That’s exactly what I’m trying to say. I feel useless.
那你觉得这关我的事吗
What do you propose that I do about that?
看在老天的份上 你别再惩罚我了
For God sakes, will you stop punishing me?
你真的这么恨我吗
Do you absolutely despise me?
不 我只是恨我自己 -为什么
No. I despise myself. -Why?
因为我曾经爱过你
For allowing myself to love you once.
你们好
Hello.
你现在方便吗
I’m very well. And you?
给你 还有你
For you. And you.
希望我没来得不合时宜
I hope I haven’t come at an inconvenient time.
Maryse修女昨天夜里过世了
Sister Maryse died last night.
我刚给她的父母写了封信
I’ve just written to inform her parents.
真遗憾
I’m so sorry.
但我不该为她太悲伤
But it is sinful of me to grieve…
她美好单纯的灵魂已升入天堂了
… when I know that her good and simple soul has flown straight to heaven.
我能帮你做什么吗
How can I help you?
嗯 修女过世了
Well, I’m sure that with the sister’s death…
我想你们一定更缺人手
… you must be even more short-handed.
你看 我在想我能不能来修道院
You see, I was wondering if I could come to the convent…
做点事情 就算当个帮手
… and do anything, just… Just to help out.
我的孩子 你不觉得你和丈夫一起来这儿
My dear child, don’t you think you’ve done enough…
已经做得够多了吗
… coming here with your husband?
我来这里已经一个月了
I’ve been here a month…
相信我 从早到晚都没事可做
… and, believe me, I have nothing to do from morning till night.
也许我能帮修女们做点什么
Perhaps I could help with the sisters in the hospital.
不可以
That is impossible.
霍乱是非常恐怖的
Cholera is a terrible thing to see.
再说 如果你染上病怎么办
Besides, what would happen if you should fall ill?
擦地板也行
I’d be happy to scrub the floors.
什么都行 只要让我觉得自己还有点用
Anything. Just something to feel useful.
那倒是不用
That will not be necessary.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
评分细分
音乐
8.3
画面
8.7
导演
7.9
故事
8.2
表演
8.6
前一篇文章短板(2023)
下一篇文章小狗之爱(2023)
帕布莉卡
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。
the-painted-veil面 纱 (中国 1925年) (伦敦 两年前) 你好 -你好 Hello. -He...