我听腻了我的所有唱片
I’m sick of all mine.
听 那都是什么声音
Listen. What’s all that?
河对面 他们正努力驱赶孤魂野鬼
Across the river. Trying to frighten off the spirit of death.
我明早要去镇上看看
I’m going to town in the morning, have a look around.
你先休息一下 晚上我给你打疫苗
I expect you’ll want to rest. I can inoculate you in the evening.
那你自己呢 -不 我不打了
Will you be doing yourself? -No, I don’t think so.
那我也不用打了 -随你便
You needn’t bother with me, then. -Suit yourself.
告诉我 沃尔特
Tell me, Walter…
染上霍乱等死 是个漫长而痛苦的过程吗
… is it a long, drawn-out affair, dying of cholera?
不 前三十六个小时内体内所有水分消耗殆尽
No. All of the fluid goes out of you in the first 36 hours.
其实就是死于严重脱水 确实非常痛苦
You die of dehydration, actually. So it’s messy and very painful.
但相对来说死得还是很快的
But it is relatively quick.
晚安
Good night.
非常不幸
It’s rather unfortunate.
可能你和你的太太
I thought perhaps that you and your wife…
要有所准备以备突然要离开
… you’d like to take precautions in case you’d have to leave this place.
你觉得有必要这样做吗
Do you think all this is really necessary?
你会看到的
You can see the picture.
我想在这种情况下 你会想让你太太放心一点
I thought you’d like to put your wife’s mind at rest from this situation.
这位是国♥民♥党♥的于团长
This is Colonel Yu. He’s the KMT’s man.
他派了一名士兵来保护我们
He’s posting one of his men here at the house.
那我不就成了囚犯
Am I a prisoner?
不 这其实是沃丁顿的主意
No. It was Mr. Waddington’s idea, actually.
他觉得我们得小心一点 -小心什么
He feels we should take precautions. -Precautions against what?
前几天在上海的英国♥军♥队
A few days ago, British troops opened fire…
冲着示♥威♥的中国工人开枪了
… on a group of Chinese workers who were demonstrating in Shanghai.
死了十一个人
Eleven were killed.
我们是刚听说的
We’ve only just heard.
昨晚镇子上到处贴着这些告示
Those were plastered around the town last night.
(还我河山)
我想你们不用太担心
I shouldn’t worry too much.
即便是反帝♥国♥主♥义♥者也害怕霍乱的
Even the nationalists are afraid of cholera.
他们是直接从井里打水吗
Do they take that water from the well?
团长我能去看村民打水的地方吗
Can I see where they get their drinking water?
(洋鬼子 滚回去)
好了 在我做化验之前 得让大家先不要从这口井打水
Well, for starters, we’ve got to stop people from using this well…
直到我能对其进行检验
… until I can test it.
呃 这个 这个水不好 不好 不喝 不喝
你明白吗
Do you understand?
是的 我明白 费恩博土
Yes, I understand, Dr. Fane.
我曾经在莫斯科受训
I received my military training in Moscow.
如果你不喜欢说英语 咱们可以说俄语
If you don’t like English, we can speak Russian.
英语好一点 谢谢
English will be fine. Thank you.
这儿 医生 你以前见过霍乱 对吧
Here. You have seen cholera before, yes, doctor?
当然 在实验室见过 -不 我是说临床
At the laboratory, of course. -No, I mean in a patient.
没有 我还没有这个机会
No. I haven’t had the chance, actually.
我不是临床大夫 他们没跟你说过吗
Well, I’m not a clinician. Did they not tell you?
我是传染病专家
I’m an infectious-disease specialist.
我们进去吧 -医生 你先请
Shall we? -After you, doctor.
不 没事 没事
No, it’s all right. I’m all right.
行了 我们走
All right, let’s go.
(查理)
(没有你的日子我实在太难受)
我不需要你
I don’t need you.
你回去吧
Go back.
沃丁顿先生
Mr. Waddington?
我来找沃丁顿先生
I’m looking for Mr. Waddington.
你在这里等 好吗
Wait here. All right?
有人吗
Hello?
沃丁顿先生
Mr. Waddington?
费恩太太
Mrs. Fane?
早上好
Good morning.
费恩太太 我能为你效劳吗
What can I do for you, Mrs. Fane?
我帮你找了一张唱片
I found a record for you.
斯特拉文斯基 很时髦 谢谢
Stravinsky. Very modern. Thank you.
还有什么事吗
Was there something else?
是的 你能否告诉我邮递员什么时候来
Yes. I was wondering if you could tell me when the post comes through.
我有信要寄到上海
It’s for Shanghai.
很不幸 霍乱爆发以来
Unfortunately, since the cholera…
没有人愿意送信了
… the cowards won’t venture past the river port.
不过把它留给我吧
But leave it with me.
我认识的商人周五会去上海
A local trader I know is making the trip on Friday.
汤森
Townsend.
查理·汤森 -是的
Charlie Townsend? -Yes.
我先生的熟人
He’s an acquaintance of my husband.
认识他吗 -几年前
Do you know him? -Years ago.
我们一起被派到上海领馆
We were both assigned to the consulate in Shanghai.
他的太太很迷人
Charming wife.
对 他们很受欢迎 不是吗
Yes. They’re very popular, aren’t they?
是汤森在这方面很有天赋
He’d made a science of popularity.
你认识他的家人 -相当熟
So you know his family? -Well, well enough.
我喜欢多萝西
I like Dorothy.
是啊 他们两个好像彼此情投意合
Yes, I understand they’re quite the devoted couple.
噢 当然他喜欢跟女人调调情
Oh, he had his little flirtations.
不会是认真的吧
Nothing serious.
有一次我听她说过
I once heard her say she found it most unflattering…
那些瞄上她丈夫的女人都是些二流的货色
… that the women who fell for her husband were so consistently second-rate.
这样啊 希望你喜欢这唱片
Well, enjoy the record.
费恩太太
Mrs. Fane?
那信呢
The letter.

Right.
对 我突然想起来 星期五可能太晚了
Yes, it suddenly occurred to me that Friday’s much too late.
但还是谢谢你
Thanks all the same.
能把盐递给我吗
Can you pass the salt, please?
对不起 你刚才说什么
I’m sorry, did you say something?
能把盐递给我吗
Could you pass the salt?
谢谢
Thank you.
那么日子就是这样了
So this is how it’s going to be.
每晚她无声无息地度过
Passing her evenings in silence.
沃尔特
Walter.
沃尔特
Walter.
我想知道你失去理智了吗
I wonder if you haven’t gone insane.
她没煮过 -放着吧
She’s not cooking it. -Leave it.
放下
Leave it.
谢谢
Thank you.
你是想自杀吗
Are you looking to kill yourself?
镇上的井水被污染了
Town well’s contaminated.
这个脏 脏
This is dirty. It’s dirty.
什么
What?
沃丁顿先生
Mr. Waddington?
费恩太太 费恩太太
Mrs. Fane? Mrs. Fane?
费恩太太
Mrs. Fane?
到这边来 来这
Come away. Come away.
德明怎么了
What’s the matter with Te-Ming?
你有鬼魂缠身呢
You have the dead man on you.
他们很迷信 是吧
They’re very superstitious, aren’t they?
她的丈夫和三个孩子都死于霍乱
She’s lost three children and a husband to the cholera.
你就不能责怪她了
So you can hardly blame her.
你知道 这里可不是一个女人呆的地方
You know, this is no place for a woman.
当时我接到电报说你要来 我真是很惊讶
When they telegraphed me that you were coming out, I was astonished.
我以为你会是个又老又丑的护士
I imagined you might be a grim-visaged old nurse…
长着粗壮的腿和小胡子
… with thick legs and a moustache.
后来我走进平房♥看见你
I came into the bungalow and there you were…
那么柔弱疲惫而且很不开心
… frail and tired and very unhappy.
旅途太漫长了
It was a long journey.
但你现在还是不开心
But you’re unhappy now.
我本来想 你和你的丈夫一定非常恩爱
And it occurred to me that you and your husband might be madly in love…
而你不肯一个人留在上海
… and you’d simply refused to stay behind.
那是个合理的解释 -是的
That’s a reasonable explanation. -Yes.
但好像又不太对
But it’s not the right one.
你知道我觉得哪里奇怪吗
Do you know what I find strange?
你的丈夫从来不看你
That your husband should never look at you.
他老是看着墙地板和鞋子

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
评分细分
音乐
8.3
画面
8.7
导演
7.9
故事
8.2
表演
8.6
前一篇文章短板(2023)
下一篇文章小狗之爱(2023)
帕布莉卡
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。
the-painted-veil面 纱 (中国 1925年) (伦敦 两年前) 你好 -你好 Hello. -He...