一个男人如没办法让女人爱上他
If a man hasn’t what’s necessary to make a woman love him…
那是他的错 不是她的
… then it’s his fault, not hers.
不管怎么样
Either way.
明早要么我们一起去梅谭府 要么我去申请离婚
Tomorrow morning we are to leave for Mei-tan-fu, or I shall file my petition.
你不是真的要带我去霍乱蔓延的地方吧
You can’t be serious about taking me into the middle of a cholera epidemic.
你觉得我在开玩笑吗
Do you think that I’m not?
天啊
My God.
这就是你想要的 是吗
That’s what you want, isn’t it?
你以为查理会允许你这么做吗
Do you really think Charlie will let you do this?
我想查理对这件事没资格表态
I don’t think Charlie has very much to say about it.
你说的一切都没错
Everything you said is true.
一切都没错
Everything.
我嫁给你 但我并不爱你
I married you even though I didn’t love you.
但你一直都知道
But you knew that.
你不是和我一样都有责任吗
Aren’t you as much to blame for what’s happened as I?
好吧
All right.
我看这样吧
Here’s what I’ll do.
先生们 我们在这里都有财产要保护
Gentlemen, we all have assets to protect here.
不幸的是 纳加塔先生的行为已造成相当危急的局面
Unfortunately, Mr. Nagata’s actions have created a rather urgent situation.
是很不幸但是个不可避免的意外
It was an unfortunate but unavoidable incident.
你的工头开枪打死了一个工人 -他是带头闹事的
Your foreman shot a worker. -He was an agitator.
是一个中国人
He was a Chinese.
你们可能镇♥压♥了一次小罢♥工♥
You may have suppressed a very small strike…
但你却引发了 一个大规模的示♥威♥游♥行♥
… but in doing so, you have started a very large demonstration.
用一下你的笔
I need to use your pen, please.
你请用 小姐 -谢谢
Here you are, miss. -Thank you.
找蒋♥介♥石♥帮忙怎么样 他对这件事是什么态度
What about support from Chiang Kai-shek? Where does he stand?
他是国♥民♥党♥ 他会站在中国人那边
He’s a nationalist. He will stand on the side of the Chinese.
所以他们才叫自己国♥民♥党♥
That’s why they call themselves nationalists.
打扰一下
Excuse me.
汤森先生
Mr. Townsend.
你低估了目前的形势
I think you underestimated the situation.
因为罢♥工♥ 我的三间工厂已关闭了
I have three of my mills shut down because of walkouts.
他们又说要全面罢♥工♥ -你有什么提议
There is talk about boycotts. -What do you propose?
区区几个市政♥府♥卫兵起不了作用
A handful of municipal soldiers is hardly a show of force.
对不起 失陪一下
If you’ll excuse me.
费恩太太 很高兴见到你
Mrs. Fane. What a pleasant surprise.
你把我从这帮无聊的人中解救了出来
You’ve rescued me from a pack of wild bores.
如果没必要我是不会来的
I wouldn’t have come if it wasn’t necessary.
你怎么啦
Are you all right?
我有事找你 对不起
I needed to see you. I’m sorry.
基蒂 我现在不太方便
Kitty, this is not the most opportune time for me to…
查理 他都知道了
Charlie. He knows.
是这样 嗯
Right.
费恩太太 你先请
After you, Mrs. Fane.
你好 查理 -你好 乔治
Hello, Charlie. -Hello, George.
你好 汤森 -不好意思
Hello, Townsend. -Pardon.
他要离婚
He wants a divorce.
你没表态吧
You didn’t commit yourself, did you?
没承认吧 -没有
Acknowledge anything? -No.
你确定吗 -确定
Are you sure? -Quite sure.
哦 我们现在麻烦大了
Well, this is a bloody scrape we’re in.
他说他有证据
He says he has proof.
我们就不承认 他证明不了什么
We deny it. He can’t prove anything.
再说 丑闻对他也没什么好处
Besides, it wouldn’t do him any good to create a scandal.
但不会有什么丑闻的
But there isn’t going to be a scandal.
沃尔特同意不声张 要和我悄悄地离婚
Walter’s agreed to let me divorce him quietly.
那也不是太坏 不是吗
That’s not so terrible, is it?
抱着我好吗 -当然
Will you hold me? -Of course I will.
噢 天啊
Oh, God.
查理
Charlie?
他有一个条件
His offer comes with a condition.
我可没多少钱 -他不是要你的钱
I’m not a rich man. -He doesn’t want your money.
他同意让我跟他离婚如果多萝西同意和你离婚
He’s agreed to let me divorce him if Dorothy will agree to divorce you.
而且
And if…
怎样
What?
如果你发誓会娶我为妻
If you’ll promise to marry me.
你知道的 宝贝 不管发生什么事情 我们都不能把多萝西扯进来
You know, darling, whatever happens, we must try to keep Dorothy out of it.
你这是什么意思
What do you mean?
我们不能只想着自己
We can’t only think of ourselves.
我了解多萝西 她绝对不会跟我离婚
I know Dorothy. Nothing in the world will induce her to divorce me.
你不想和她离婚
You don’t want to divorce her.
这不只是我和她的问题 -那还有什么
It’s not a question of my marriage. -Then what is it?
你知道我的职位有多重要吗 如果我
Do you have any idea of the importance of my station here? If I were…
你笑什么
Why are you laughing?
我想沃尔特从没打算跟我离婚
I don’t think Walter intended for one minute to divorce me.
他知道你肯定会让我失望
He knew you’d let me down.
体谅我一下吧 -我全明白 很好
Try to understand. -I understand, all right.
基蒂 基蒂 别这样 我们会有办法的
Kitty. Kitty, please. We’ll work this out, I promise.
我和你一起去 -好 我知道你会的
I’m coming with you. -Good. I thought you might.
带一些夏装和一身寿衣 其它就不需要了吧
I suppose I needn’t take more than a few summer things? And a shroud?
我已告诉女佣了 她正在帮你收拾行李
I’ve told Hassan what you’ll need. She’s packing already.
我要是你就不会碰它
I wouldn’t touch that if I was you.
他们可能就死在那张床上
They may have died in that bed.
这个房♥间给你用
This can be your room.
你应该是医生的太太
You must be the doctor’s wife.
我刚碰到你先生约好了和你们吃晚饭
I’ve just met your husband and invited myself to dinner.
我还为你们留着华特森的厨师 她还不错
I’ve kept the Watsons’ cook for you. She’s not bad.
但她还得兼做你们的女佣
She’ll have to do as your amah as well.
我们这里人手太少
We’re a little short-handed here.
不好意思 我叫沃丁顿
Sorry, my name is Waddington.
噢 当然 凯蒂·费恩
Oh, yes, of course. Kitty Fane.
我是负责这个地区的副官 -请
I’m the deputy commissioner. -Please.
我想你是我们的邻居之一吧
I believe you’re one of our neighbors.
恐怕是唯一的邻居 最后一个还活着的
Only neighbor, I’m afraid. Last one standing.
华特森是以前住这里的传教士吗
And Watson was the missionary living here?
是的 是个好人 美国人 很好的一家人
Yes. Nice fellow. American. Lovely family.
明天带你去看他们的墓地好吗
I’ll show you their graves tomorrow, if you like.
不必了你太客气了
How kind of you.
你们来的路上不是太辛苦吧
I hope your journey wasn’t too arduous.
我们在路上走了两个星期
We’ve been traveling for two weeks.
两周
Two weeks?
你们怎么来的 游泳吗 -不是 我们没走水路
What did you do, swim? -No, we didn’t come upriver.
走的是陆路 -为什么
Came overland. -Whatever for?
嗯 想看看乡间美景
Well, we wanted to take in a bit of the countryside.
晒晒太阳 对吧 亲爱的
Get a bit of sun. Didn’t we, darling?
有谁想喝一杯
Anyone for a cocktail?
祝各位好运
Here’s luck.
我听说有位本地军官可能会帮助我
I was told I might get some help from the local army officer.
是于团长吗
Colonel Yu, is it?
他呀 他不是很喜欢我们英国人
Good luck with him. He’s not fond of us British.
我可要提醒你们 即便是外地情况也是很紧张的
Listen, I’ll warn you, things are pretty dicey even out here.
就算霍乱不找上门来 那些反帝♥国♥主♥义♥者有可能来找麻烦
I’m afraid that if the cholera doesn’t get us, the nationalists might.
我试着叫那些修女离开
Tried to get those nuns to go but they refused.
却被她们拒绝了 她们他妈的都想当殉教者
They all want to be martyrs, damn them.
那你为什么留下来
Well, why have you stayed?
我是被派到这里的 就这么简单
I was posted here. Simple as that.
听说你是自愿来的 我简直太吃惊了
I was shocked to hear you’d volunteered.
是个研究的好机会
Opportunity for research.
我不想错过
I couldn’t pass it up.
是吗 那你呢
Yes. And you?
你肯定不是来做研究吧
I don’t suppose you’ve come to Mei-tan-fu for the research.
我丈夫才是科学家
My husband’s the scientist.
当然了
Indeed.
你接种疫苗有什么不良反应吗
Did you have any reaction to the inoculation?
你接种疫苗了吧 -当然
You have been inoculated? -Yes, of course.
那也不是万元一失的 华特森一家都打过
No guarantee. The Watsons were inoculated…
也没有起作用
… and it didn’t do them much good.
噢 你有没有带些唱片来
Oh, have you brought any gramophone records?
没有真遗憾 没带 -可惜
No, unfortunately not. -Pity.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
评分细分
音乐
8.3
画面
8.7
导演
7.9
故事
8.2
表演
8.6
前一篇文章短板(2023)
下一篇文章小狗之爱(2023)
帕布莉卡
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。
the-painted-veil面 纱 (中国 1925年) (伦敦 两年前) 你好 -你好 Hello. -He...