It’s Dr. Fane, darling. -Oh, dear.
请原谅我的失礼 费恩博士 -没事
I do beg your pardon, Dr. Fane. -Not at all.
这位是费恩博士的太太 基蒂 -费恩太太
And this is Dr. Fane’s wife, Kitty. -Mrs. Fane.
汤森先生 -真的很抱歉 费恩博士
Mr. Townsend. -I do apologize, Dr. Fane.
我以为你是查理在领馆的同事呢
I assumed you worked with Charlie.
噢 不 没那么高级的 我在政♥府♥实验室工作
Oh, no. Nothing so glamorous. I’m at the Civil Laboratory.
哦 政♥府♥实验室 多有意思啊
Oh, the government lab? How fascinating.
你喜欢吗
Are you enjoying it?
我从来没看过像这样的戏
I’ve never seen anything like it.
一笑一颦都有微妙的涵义
Every gesture has a meaning.
看到她用衣袖遮起了脸没
See how she covers her face with the cloth?
她在自悲身世
She is mourning her misfortune.
她怎么了
What happened to her?
她被卖♥♥身为奴
She was sold into slavery.
罪责加身 生活无望
Condemned to a life of drudgery and despair…
流落异乡
… in a strange land far from home.
看见锁链了
See the chains?
它代表不可摆脱的枷锁
They represent the heavy bondage of her poor trapped soul…
永远压在她可怜的灵魂上
… from which there is no escape.
所以她哀恸欲绝
And so she weeps.
她为自己哭泣 她曾经是活泼可爱的少女
She weeps for the lively, vivacious girl she once was…
却变成了世界上最孤独的女人
… the lonely woman she has become…
最重要的是 她为自己永远不感受爱情
… and most of all, she weeps for the love she’ll never feel…
也没机会付出爱情而哭泣
… for the love she’ll never give.
她真的是在唱这些吗
Is that really what she’s saying?
其实 我根本不知道
Actually, I haven’t a clue what she’s on about.
我一句中文都不懂
I don’t speak Chinese.
什么声音
What was that?
可能是女佣人或者
Perhaps it was the amah…
他们走了
They’ve gone.
他听见我们了 -你说谁
He heard us. -Who?
沃尔特
Walter.
沃尔特 是他又怎样
Walter. What if it was?
他大概以为你在睡午觉 -关着门
For all he knows, you were taking a nap. -With my doors locked?
基蒂 亲爱的 我看你需要来杯酒
Kitty, dear, you need a drink.
就算是他 也不会做出什么事来
Even if it was, my impression is he’ll do nothing.
说得轻巧
That’s flattering.
他很清楚 制♥造♥绯闻对他一点好处也没有
He knows as well as anyone there’s nothing to be gained by making a scandal.
你难道没意识到我丈夫爱我
Has it occurred to you that my husband is in love with me?
我感觉你又没什么好话要说了
I have a feeling you’re about to say something awful.
女人总觉得男人很爱她们
It’s just that women are often under the impression…
但事实上并非如此
… that men are much more in love with them than they really are.
我不会骗我自己你是爱着我的
I wouldn’t delude myself for a second that you were in love with me.
那你这个就错了
Now there you’re wrong.
喜欢我给你的礼物吗
Do you like your present?
很不错
It’s good enough.
查理
Charlie?
我能让你快乐吗 像你让我一样
Do I make you as happy as you make me?
当然是这样 亲爱的
Of course you do, darling.
(给我的女儿基蒂 爸爸)
韩三 -是的 太太
Hassan? -Yes?
这个包裹是谁拿来的 -费恩博士
Who brought this package around? -Dr. Fane.
什么时候 -在你午睡的时候
When? -While you sleeping.
快中午了
It’s nearly midday.
我们可以到树下休息一下
We could stop up here under the trees…
不过你要是不介意 我想接着赶路
… but I’d like to press on if it’s all right with you.
你当然不在乎我是不是舒服
Certainly my comfort’s of no concern to you.
好 那我们接着走
Right. Then we’ll continue.
请帮我找一下查理·汤森 谢谢
Charlie Townsend, please.
我是查理·汤森
Charles Townsend.
我需要见你
I need to see you.
基蒂 我现在没空 一小时后我要去俱乐部开会
Kitty, I can’t possibly see you. I’ve got a meeting in an hour at the club.
什么事
What is it?
我得挂了
I have to go.
你怎么回来了
What are you doing home?
对不起 我有话要和你说
I’m sorry, there’s something I need to speak with you about.
哦 我正准备去洗个澡
Actually, I was just about to take my bath.
很重要 亲爱的 我不能再等了
I’m afraid it’s rather important, darling. Can’t wait.
坐下来
Sit down.
你听说过有个地方叫梅谭府吗
Do you know a place called Mei-tan-fu?
没有
No.
几天前报纸报导过
Well, it… It was in the papers the other day.
是长江支流上的一个小镇 在内陆地区
It’s a small town on a tributary of the Yangtze River, in the interior.
那里爆发了可怕的霍乱
They’ve had an outbreak of cholera there.
多年来最严重的传染病疫情
It’s the worst epidemic anyone’s seen in a long time.
有位中国医生已染病身亡了
The Chinese medical officer has died.
只剩下几个法国修女在主持医院
There’s a convent of French nuns trying to run the hospital.
她们竭尽全力 但人们还是纷纷病死
They’re doing the best they can, but people are dropping like flies.
我自愿提出去主持医疗工作了
I have volunteered to go and to take charge.
为什么 -因为他们需要医生
Why? -Because they need a doctor.
可你不是医生 你是个细菌学家
But you’re not a doctor. You’re a bacteriologist.
我是医学博士 但我首先是个科学家
I’m an M. D. The fact that I’m foremost a scientist…
对付霍乱是很有用的
… is actually all to the good in this case.
那不是很危险吗
Won’t it be awfully dangerous?
是的 可能是很危险的
I suppose it might, yes.
去梅谭府要花十天时间 你可以可以先坐火车
Now, Mei-tan-fu is a 10-day journey. You can go by rail for the first part.
之后是马车 接着我们要坐轿子
But after that it’s carriage, and then we’ll have to take a sedan chair.
你是说我们
Who’s we?
怎么啦 当然是你和我 -难道你想让我和你一起去
Why, you and I, of course. -You’re not expecting me to come too.
我以为如果我去 你也会愿意去
I hoped that if I was going, you would want to go.
那可不是女人能去的地方 我疯了才会去
Surely it’s no place for a woman. It would be madness for me to go.
我为什么要去 -去支持我 安慰我
Why should I? -To cheer and comfort me?
不 不 我不会去
No. No, I won’t go.
你居然要求我去 真是太过分了
In fact, it’s monstrous of you to even ask me.
好吧 那么我明天就去申请离婚
Fine. Then I shall file my petition for divorce tomorrow.
我没有你想的那么傻
I’m afraid that you have thought me a bigger fool than I am.
我不明白你在说什么
I don’t know what you’re talking about.
是吗
Don’t you?
我以通奸为由提出离婚
I am divorcing you for adultery.
我会指认查尔斯·汤森为你的情人
I am naming Charles Townsend as your lover.
对不起 沃尔特 我知道这不好受
I’m sorry, Walter. I realize this is very unpleasant.
但是 请不要把事情弄得那么难堪
But, please, let’s not make this uglier than it needs to be.
那你觉得我们该怎么办
By all means. What is it that you propose that we should do?
你可以让我平静地和你离婚
You could let me divorce you quietly.
让你和我离婚
You divorce me?
能问问你凭什么吗 -这样才是一个绅士会做的
On what grounds? -That’s what a gentleman would do.
你能给我一点点理由 为什么要麻烦自己替你设想呢
Give me one reason to put myself to an inconvenience on your account.
沃尔特 别这么刻薄
Please, Walter, don’t be so hateful.
我们没想伤害任何人
We didn’t mean to hurt anyone.
但是查理和我是真心相爱的
But Charlie and I have fallen in love.
他要娶我 -真的吗
He wants to marry me. -Really?
我一直觉得你不怎么聪明
I knew that you weren’t the cleverest girl…
但没想到你竟然这么蠢
… but I didn’t know you were actually a fool.
很好 伤害我如能让你舒服点 那随便你
Yes. Well, if it makes you feel better to hurt me, then go ahead.
但是你最好还是接受现实 我们彼此相爱
But you might as well get used to it. We love each other.
而且我们厌倦这样偷偷模模还有生活上的妥协
And we’re sick to death of the secrecy and compromise and the rest.
遇到我对你来说本来是件不幸的事情
Now you curse the day that you ever met me.
别再嘲弄我了
Stop mocking me.
如此可悲的行径只配得上这种回应
There’s no other response for such pathetic behavior.
想起来有些滑稽
It’s comic.
我尽了那么大的努力让你开心
When I think about how hard I have tried to make you happy.
不惜贬低我自己 即便是听你讲流言羞语
Debasing myself, acting as though I was as thrilled as you by the latest gossip.
我没必要听这些 -也假装和你一样兴奋
I don’t have to listen to this. -And as ignorant of the world as you are…
你要是再敢插嘴我就掐死你
If you interrupt me again, I’ll strangle you.
坐下
Sit down.
娶你的时候我知道你自私娇惯
I knew when I married you that you were selfish and spoiled.
但我爱过你
But I loved you.
我知道你肯嫁给我只是为了离开你母亲越远越好
I knew that you married me only to get as far away from your mother as possible…
但我一直希望我们的感情会逐渐加深
… and I hoped that one day there’d be something more.
但我错了
I was wrong.
你没能力改变你的感情
You don’t have it in you.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
评分细分
音乐
8.3
画面
8.7
导演
7.9
故事
8.2
表演
8.6
前一篇文章短板(2023)
下一篇文章小狗之爱(2023)
帕布莉卡
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。
the-painted-veil面 纱 (中国 1925年) (伦敦 两年前) 你好 -你好 Hello. -He...