为什么?
Why is that?
因为我之前
Because earlier this evening,
已经把他枪里的子弹都拿出来了
I removed all the bullets from his gun.
这里还有我不知道的杀手吗?
Any other killers in here I should know about?
只有你
Only you.
裁缝
A tailor.
总是倾听 从不说话
Always listening, never talking.
但是没有人想过 “他脑子里在想什么?”
But nobody stop to think: “What’’s going on in his head?”
我不是裁缝 女士
I’’m not a tailor, ma’am.
我是剪裁师
I’’m a cutter.
啊 剪裁师
Un coupeur.
再见了
Au revoir.
他们会发现我们的
They’’ll find us out.
博伊尔一家都死了
The Boyles are all dead.
还有套装
The Outfit, then.
套装为什么会来找我们?
Why would the Outfit come looking for us?
因为我们拿了所有人都在找的磁带
Because we took the tape that everyone is loo…
肉眼看来
To the naked eye,
一套西装似乎由两部分组成
a suit appears to consist of two parts…
磁带
The tape.
上衣和裤子
…a jacket and trousers.
是假的
It’’s just a fake.
这两部分各自看上去都是一个整体
But these two seemingly solid parts
但其实由四种面料组成
are composed of four different fabrics.
套装甚至没听说过罗伊·博伊尔
The Outfit has never even heard of Roy Boyle.
寄信的不是他们
They didn’’t send those messages.
是你
You did.
你计划这些已经好几个月了
You’’ve been planning this for months.
发生的一切
Everything that happened.
都是你设计好的
You set it all up.
这个录下了今晚这里发生的一切
This contains everything that went on here this evening.
足以给博伊斯剩下的人 定下十多起罪行
Enough to convict any remaining Boyles of a dozen crimes
还能证明拉芳丹夫人 谋杀了罗伊·博伊尔
and Madame La Fontaine of the murder of Roy Boyle.
你能不能帮忙把它 拿给你FBI的朋友?
You won’’t mind, will you, popping it in the post to your friend at the FBI?
在你去…
On your way to…
或许最安全的是…
Perhaps it’’s safest if…
我也不知道
…I don’’t know.
但一定要去个伟大的地方
But make it somewhere grand.
那你呢?
So what about you?
我已经经历过从零开始了
Oh, I’’ve started over before.
第二次会更容易
It’’ll be easier the second time.
-跟我一起走吧 -不行
-Come with me. -No.
别这样 跟我走吧
No, come with me.
你可以给我当导游
You can show me things you’’ve already seen.
你不能把你最好的时光
You will not spend your best years
用来照顾我这个老头
taking care of my remaining few.
我一直把自己照顾得很好
I was taking care of myself just fine, you know.
当然
Oh, yes.
以我对你的了解 我知道你会去参加每个凶手的葬礼
Knowing you, I’’m quite confident you’’d have seen to the burials of each and every one of those murderers.
但在那之后…
But then…
你就不用假装自己跟他们一样了
you’’d no longer be pretending to be one,
好吗?
would you?
我真希望自己能认识她
I wish I could have met her.
你的真…
Your real…
你知道的
you know.
她肯定会喜欢你的
She would have liked you.
对我来说 最难的部分就是收尾
Finishings, for me, can be the hardest part.
不是因为最后的步骤
Not because there’’s any great skill involved
只是缝几个扣子、锁几个边而已
in these final steps…
并不需要什么高超的技巧
…putting on a few buttons, closing up a few edges,
但是当你完成工作的时候
but because if you’’ve done your job,
所有真正的技艺都已经用过了
all the true craftsmanship has already occurred.
收尾只是不可避免的
The finishings are mere inevitabilities.
正是在收尾的时候
It’’s at the finishings
你必须接受这个事实:
that you must come to terms with the idea
完美之所以是个必要的目标
that perfection is a necessary goal…
正是因为它是无法实现的
…precisely because it is unattainable.
如果你不追求完美 就无法做出伟大的事情
If you don’’t aim for perfection, you cannot make anything great.
但真正的完美是不可能实现的
And yet, true perfection is impossible.

Oh, no.
站住
Stop.
所以在收尾的时候
So at the finish,
你必须让自己和解
you must reconcile yourself…
跟失败和解
…to failure.
我曾经和你一样
I was like you once.
真的
I was.
以枪为生
Made my living with a gun.
以刀为生
A knife.
有时候
Sometimes…
就只靠双手
…just my bare hands.
我…
I’’d…
他们说我有天赋
I’’d a gift, they said.
但这不是魔法
But it wasn’’t magic.
这是工作
It was work.
有一天 他们让我做一些我不能做的事
One day, they asked me to do something I couldn’’t do.
所以我跑了 躲起来了
So I ran. I hid.
在街上隐姓埋名
I hid on the Row.
选了一门行当 学了一门手艺 认识了我妻子
Picked up a trade, learnt a craft, and met my wife.
维拉
Vera.
我坠了爱河
I fell in love.
我们有了小莉莉 又一个我深爱的女人
We had little Lily. I fell in love again.
但他们找到了我
But they found me.
他们找到了我
They found me.
放火烧了我的店
Set fire to my shop.
我的家
My home.
我的生活
My life.
我来这里是为了摆脱那些暴行
I came here to get away from all that violence.
远离我自己
Get away from myself.
到这里的第一天 我遇到了谁?
M-My first day here, who did I meet?
我觉得我穿上西装革履
I suppose I put, put on these clothes
是想说服自己是个文明人
to convince myself I’’m civilized.
我太想当个好人了
I want so bad to be good.
这并不完美
It’’s not perfect.
你必须想办法接受
You have to make your peace with that.
怎么接受?
How?
这个嘛…
Well…
你坐在桌子前
you sit at your board,
拿出你的工具
you lay out your tools…
然后重新开始
…and you start again.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!