I got it at the Museum of Natural History next door.
我从隔壁的自然历史博物馆买♥♥的
That’s why I was late.
所以我迟到了一会儿
Your dad told me it’s your favorite place.
你♥爸♥爸告诉我那是你最喜欢的地方
There’s no evidence that theropods were orange.
没有橘红色的兽足类动物
Plus, I’m eight.
而且我已经八岁了
Well, I guess it’s not very realistic, huh?
我想这东西有点忽悠人 是吗
But there’s also a book in there about Central Park,
不过我还买♥♥了一本关于中♥央♥公园的书
which is my favorite place since I was about your age.
那是我八岁时最喜欢的地方
Anyway, thank you.
还是谢谢你了
You know, there’s a show at 10:30.
十点半有场表演
We should go.
我们走吧
You may kiss the bride.
你可以亲吻新娘了
Oh, good. William is upstairs.
太好了 威廉在楼上
Okay. No, no, no.
好的 不 不 不
Dr. Soule says to wait here.
索尔医生说在这里等
I guess I’m a security risk.
我看我是个安全隐患啊
You’re late.
你迟到了
No, I am not late. Your father’s late.
不是我迟到 是你♥爸♥迟到了
He disappoints, because he was hoping
他失望了 因为他很期待
to see his father.
能见到他爸爸
Me too.
我还是呢
I disappoint too.
我还失望呢
Okay, William.
好了 威廉
See you Monday.
周一见
Good-bye, Miss Emilia.
再见 艾米莉亚小姐
When is my father coming home?
我爸爸什么时候回家
By 8:00
八点吧
That’s, like, three hours, okay?
大概还有三个小时呢
That sucks. Don’t say “Sucks.”
真垃圾 别说这种话
Your mom’s gonna think you heard it from me.
你妈妈会觉得是我教坏你的
I did hear it from you.
我确实是听你说的
William, why do we have to fight all the time?
威廉 为什么我们总是吵个不停
I just- let’s have a nice time, okay?
让我们好好相处吧
How about we get ice cream sundaes for supper,
晚饭我们吃圣代吧
hot fudge?
热巧克力怎么样
I want to eat one the size of your head.
我想吃掉你脑袋这么大的
I’m lactose-intolerant.
我有乳糖不耐症
I could get very ill from eating ice cream.
吃冰激凌我会死的
Okay.
好吧
We’ll just see whatever is in the fridge.
那看看冰箱里有啥能吃的吧
Chinese, Thai, old and cold, but whatever.
又冷又难吃的中国菜 泰国菜什么的
Rainbow sherbet, that’s no dairy-
彩虹露 不含牛奶
lemon, lime, coconut, and peach.
柠檬味 酸橙味 椰子味和桃味
Everything else has dairy.
其它都含有牛奶
Oh, I guess I’ll have sorbet.
我要果汁冰沙吧
Lemon.
柠檬味的
No, he’ll have a hot chocolate
不 给他热巧克力吧
and a banana split.
放点香蕉片
You want strawberry sauce or chocolate?
你要草莓酱还是巧克力酱
I can’t have that.
我不能吃那个
I’m lactose-intolerant.
我有乳糖不耐症
No, you have that powder here, right, don’t you,
没事 你们这里有那种粉末吧
that takes care of lactose-intolerance?
专门为乳糖不耐症准备的
Yeah, William, they have this powder here,
威廉 他们有那种粉末
and you sprinkle it all over your ice cream.
撒在冰激凌上之后
And you don’t even taste it,
那粉末没有味道
but you can have whatever you want that way.
但这样你就可以想吃什么吃什么了
My mother isn’t convinced that kind of lactase works.
我妈可不信那种乳酸分解素什么的
William, please, it’s science.
威廉 这是科学
He’ll have the strawberry sauce, please.
给他点草莓酱
No, chocolate.
不要 我要巧克力酱
And my ice cream flavors are chocolate, chocolate chip,
我最爱的冰激凌是巧克力 巧克力片
and cookie dough.
和曲奇口味
It’s melting.
快化了
You better hurry.
赶紧吃吧
You want it?
你要吃吗
I think I’ll have this next time,
我下次再吃那个吧
’cause my banana was a little brown at the end.
我的香蕉有点变色了都
You want it?
你要不要来点
Oh, I’m good. Thank you.
不了 谢谢你
Emilia, how old is that baby?
艾米莉亚 那个婴儿多大了
Excuse me, is your baby two, three months?
请问你孩子多大了 两三个月吗
Oh, seven weeks. December 26th.
7周了 12月26号♥生的
Seven weeks, December 26th.
7周了 12月26号♥生的
Did you know that Isabel was never really a person?
你知不知道 伊莎贝尔还不是真正的人
What?
什么
She was never really a person.
她不是真正的人
In Jewish law,
在犹太教法里
it says that a baby is not a person
婴儿只有长到第8天
until it’s at least eight days old.
才是真正的人
And Isabel was only three days old when she died.
伊莎贝尔只活了3天
So that means she was never really a person.
所以她不是真正的人
Where did you hear that?
你从哪听说的
My mother.
我妈说的
I told her I was a little sad about Isabel,
我对我妈说 我有点伤心
but not as sad as if I’ve known her for a long time,
但也没那么悲伤 毕竟我不太认识她
like she had time to be my real little sister.
如果她可以当我的小妹妹就好了
So then my mom told me how, in the Jewish law,
所以我妈告诉我 在犹太教法里
she was never really a person.
她还不是一个真正的人
So now I don’t have to feel so bad about not feeling so sad.
所以我不必为自己不太悲伤而悲伤了
Well, Isabel was a real person.
伊莎贝尔是个真正的人
She was every bit as much of a person as you are.
她像你一样是真正的人
My mom said she was surprised they even let us have a funeral.
我妈说她很意外人们允许我们办葬礼
We’re going.
走了
Come on. Let’s go.
走了走了
Hey, you forgot to pay!
你没给钱呢
That was fun, wasn’t it?
还挺有意思的 对吧
Yeah.

It’s good to share things together,
能分享的感觉真好
like, you know, secrets and stuff.
彼此分享心中的秘密
It’s fun.
很有意思
I’m not supposed to have secrets from my mom.
我妈妈不让我对她隐瞒秘密
It’s not a secret. It’s just private.
这也不算秘密 只是隐私而已
There’s a difference.
这有区别
We can have private things together.
我们可以有自己的隐私
Everyone does. Like tomorrow.
每人都有 譬如说明天
Tomorrow don’t go having ice cream
明天不会当着你♥爸♥
in front of your dad, okay?
去吃冰淇淋
Not that my sister will have any.
当然我姐姐也不会提供冰淇淋
She probably only has the soy stuff.
她大概只会摆些豆制品
I don’t want to go to that stupid party.
我不想去那个傻不拉唧的派对
It’s your cousin’s birthday.
那是你表妹的生日派对
No, she’s your niece, not my cousin.
不是 她是你的外甥女 不是我表妹
Nono will be there.
诺诺奶奶也会去哦
You like Nono.
你喜欢诺诺奶奶呀
You call him your grandpa, and he isn’t, so…
你喊他爷爷 可他不是 所以…
But sometimes when it’s just you and me,
但是有些时候 就你跟我
we can still get ice cream, right?
我们还是可以去吃冰淇淋的 是吧
Only if it’s just between the two of us.
仅限咱俩之间
Deal? Deal.
成交吗 成交
After the party, can Emilia and I go to the park?
派对完后 我能跟艾米莉亚去公园吗
Maybe go where we went yesterday, Emilia?
也许去咱们昨天去过的地方 艾米莉亚?
Well, um, okay, William.
好吧 威廉
Maybe.
也许吧
But be cool, fool.
淡定 小傻瓜
Uh, totally, dude.
必须的 哥们儿
What’s with you two?
你俩在那整啥呢
Private joke.
隐私笑话
Private, not secret.
隐私的 而非秘密的
There’s a difference.
它们不一样

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!