because you needed to be punished.
伊莎贝尔才死的
Then why is she dead?
那她为什么死
I don’t know.
我不知道
I don’t know.
我也不知道
She stopped living.
她不在了
That’s all.
就这样
Is that what you want?
你也想这样吗
You want to stop living?
你不想活着吗
I want her back.
我想她回来
That’s not one of your choices, honey.
没有这个选择 宝贝
I’m sorry.
很抱歉
That would be my choice too.
要是有我也一定会选
I’m sorry for what I said,
对不起 我说了那些话
what I said about you.
关于你的那些事
I don’t know why.
我不知道我为什么要那么说
It’s okay, honey.
没关系 宝贝
It’s all okay, hmm?
我一点不介意
Hello?

This afternoon?
这个下午
Okay.
好的
Yeah, I know where the office is.
我知道办公室在哪
Okay.
好的
Miss Greenleaf?
格林丽芙小姐
Jack told me you moved out.
杰克说你搬走了
You talked to him?
你跟他聊过吗
Yes, I did.
是的
William was very upset to see you leave with your suitcase.
看到你拿着行李离开 威廉很伤心
You never understood that children have eyes, have you?
你从不知道小孩子会默默关注的 对吧
I called Jack to talk about it,
我跟杰克聊过这个
and he told me what happened the night Isabel died.
他告诉我伊莎贝尔去世那晚发生的事情
He asked if it was possible
他问我有没有可能
that you could have smothered her with your breast-
是你把她闷死的
my medical opinion.
他寻求我的医学意见
What did you tell him?
你怎么跟他说的
I told him, yes, it was possible.
我跟他说这是有可能的
Yes, you could have accidentally killed Isabel.
你有可能是不小心杀了伊莎贝尔
You probably had.
很可能是
Any woman who’s so casual with William’s safety
你那么不在意威廉的安全问题
could just as easily have fallen asleep
当然有可能睡着
and smothered her own child.
所以憋死了自己的孩子
William was very mad at me.
威廉很生我的气
He said I should be ashamed of myself.
他说我应该感到羞耻
He’s very loyal, William.
威廉很喜欢你
He knows?
他知道了吗
Yes, well, he overheard the conversation.
是 他无意中听到了
I’m sorry.
很抱歉
My apartment’s quite small.
我的公♥寓♥太小了
Your apartment’s huge.
你的公♥寓♥那么大
You must have been shouting.
你肯定是大声喊出来的
He said that you loved Isabel
他说你很爱伊莎贝尔
and that you couldn’t have killed her.
你不可能杀了她
And I told him I hadn’t said that you’d killed the baby.
我告诉他我没说是你杀了孩子
I told him that you might have accidentally smothered her.
我说是有可能你不小心闷死了她
Carolyn, why am I here?
卡洛莲 你让我来做什么
I’d really like to leave.
我想走了
William asked me to help you.
威廉要我帮你
He said because I’m a doctor,
他说因为我是医生
I could find out what really happened to Isabel.
我能查出伊莎贝尔究竟是怎么死的
I didn’t realize he cared,
我以为他不在乎
since she wasn’t a person, you know,
因为她还不算个真正意义上的人
according to the Jewish law.
至少犹太法典是这么规定的
Your pediatrician got a copy of the autopsy report.
你们的儿科医生拿到了一份尸检报告
I know.
我知道
Well, I had his office fax it to me yesterday,
我昨天让他的办公室把报告传真给我了
and I reviewed it
我重新检查了一下
with a classmate of mine from Stanford.
和我斯坦福的同学一起
She’s a pathologist who specializes in neonatal cases.
她是个新生儿病理学家
She testifies in criminal trials.
她为刑事案件做鉴定的
And she confirms the coroner’s conclusion.
她确认了验尸官的结论
I know the official verdict: SIDS.
我知道官方裁定是婴儿猝死综合征
I asked for more specific conclusions,
我询问过结论的具体细节
and she said there’s absolutely no evidence
她说完全没有证据证明
to suggest that Isabel was smothered.
伊莎贝尔是被闷死的
Smothering always leaves traces:
窒息而死会留下痕迹
a torn upper lip frenulum, signs of positional asphyxia,
比如唇系带断裂 是体♥位♥压♥迫♥窒息的迹象
dots of blood in the lungs,
肺部血液分散
and in Isabel’s case,
伊莎贝尔的情况
there was no evidence that she’d been smothered.
没有证据证明她是被闷死的
So you can’t have smothered her.
所以你不可能闷死了她
You didn’t kill your baby.
你没有杀死你的孩子
She died of SIDS.
她死于婴儿猝死综合征
You just had the misfortune of
你只是很不幸
holding her when she died.
她死去的时候你正好抱着她
Your friend’s a pathologist?
你的朋友是个病理学家吗
A perinatal specialist.
婴儿病理学家
Yeah, she’s 100% secure in her conclusions
是的 她百分百肯定她的结论
that Isabel died from SIDS.
伊莎贝尔死于婴儿猝死综合征
Based on the facts, it’s scientifically impossible
基于事实 科学上她是不可能
that she died from smothering.
死于窒息的
Are you listening?
你在听吗
She also said she’d speak with you
如果你需要她直接跟你说明的话
if you’d rather hear it from her directly
她会跟你说的
or if you have any other questions.
或者你还有其他什么问题
I need to know that you understand what I’m saying,
我需要知道 你听懂我说话了没
so I’m going to repeat this
我要开始重复了
until you say that you understand.
直到你说你懂了
You didn’t kill your child, Emilia.
你没杀死你的孩子 艾米莉亚
You didn’t kill your baby.
你没杀死你的孩子
Your baby died because babies do sometimes.
你的孩子去世 是因为有时候婴儿就是这样
They just slip away for no reason.
他们就是无缘无故地死亡
It’s no one’s fault. It’s not your fault.
这不是任何人的错 不是你的错
You didn’t do anything wrong.
你什么也没做错
Do you understand?
你明白没
I understand.
明白了
Good. I’m gonna leave you alone for a while.
很好 我让你一个人静一静
I’ve-I just came from Carolyn’s office.
我刚刚从卡洛莲办公室回来
And she told me I couldn’t have killed Isabel.
她告诉我 我没有害死伊莎贝尔
She had her pathologist look at the medical report.
她让病理学家看过尸检报告
Sit down.

I really think you should call her
我觉得你应该打给她
and hear what she has to say, because I didn’t do it.
听听她怎么说的 因为我真的没那样做
I never thought you did.
我从没觉得是你做的
But your face,
但是你的表情
your face when I told you
当我告诉你
and your face the night that she died-
她死那天晚上你的表情
How should I look, Emilia,
我应该是什么表情呢 艾米莉亚
when my daughter dies,
当我的女儿死的时候
when my wife says she killed her?
当我妻子说是她杀了她
People have their own feelings.
人是有自己的情绪的
I talked to my father, and I apologized to him.
我跟父亲聊过 并且向他道歉
And you were right. You were right.
而且你是对的 你是对的
I’ve been working through things in our relationship
在这段感情中我经历了许多
that are really about him and my family and things…
那些关于他还有他的家庭还有那些事情
Emilia, don’t.
艾米莉亚 别这样
None of this matters.
这些都不重要
We are not a mistake.
我们在一起不是错误
You’re my family, and I want to be with you.
你是我的家人 我想要跟你在一起
William’s my family.
威廉是我的家人
And me, William and me.
也是我的 威廉和我
I love William.
我爱威廉

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!