你妈妈是想说…
What your mom is trying to say…

Right.
好吧
Well.
好吧
Okay.
起来
Come on.
听着 我了解这种感受
Listen. I know the feeling.
你了解
You do?
我像你这么大的时候 遇到了一个女孩
When I was about your age, I met a girl.
她独特 有创意 有艺术范儿
She was an original, creative, artsy type.
所以我知道那种吸引力
So I know the pull.
吉姆 你接下来要说什么
Jim? Where you going with this?
那女孩后来怎样了
What happened with the girl?
我娶了她 就这样
I married her. Right.
我不是这个意思 可…
Not what I had in mind, but…
是真的
It’s true.
好啦 眼睛看球
Okay! Keep your eye on the ball,
用脚内侧 站好了 踢吧
inside of the foot, stay on your feet! Go!
太棒了
Oh! Perfect!
-棒极了 -你做到了
– Perfect, perfect, perfect! – Look at that!
我们不是想让他变完美
It’s not that we wanted him to be perfect.
这才是我们的好儿子
That’s what we’re looking for!
-我们想让它完美 -我们再来一次
– We wanted it to be perfect. – Let’s go again.
他的童年
His childhood.
正当我们教育孩子上摸到了门路
And just when we started to get the hang of it at home,
工厂里的情况变复杂了
things got complicated at the factory.
看上去不错吗 布莱恩
Looking good, Brian.
头儿要见你 在他办公室
Boss wants to see you. In his office.
-现在吗 -现在
– Now? – Now.
你找我啊
You want to see me?
坐吧
Sit.
听说你孩子加入了Erasers
Heard your kid joined the Erasers.
是啊 他加入了
Yes. Yes, he did.
他踢得好吗 希望如此
Is he good? Hope he’s good.
还行吧
Well.
那是份机密的名单 第一批下岗员工
That’s a confidential list. First round of layoffs.
当然 我婶婶和父亲也许认为
Of course, my aunt and my father might decide that
这远远不够
that’s not enough.
但这些都是工作努力的好员工
But these are all good, hard-working people.
格林 不是由你决定谁去谁留
Green, you don’t decide who we let go.
你只需负责转告他们
You’ll just be the one to tell them.
晚安 各位
Night, guys.
为什么骷髅不能过马路
Oh, why couldn’t the skeleton cross the road?
为什么呢 宝贝
Why, sweetie?
因为他没有胆量[没有内脏]
Because it had no guts.
还有一个
Ooh! I got another one.
伙计
Buddy.
今晚算了
Not tonight.
失陪了
If you will excuse me.
爸爸
Dad?
那次万圣节 你妈妈扮成了一支铅笔
That Halloween, your mom went as a pencil.
一支蓝铅笔
A blue pencil.
-是套不错的装扮 -的确
– It was a good costume. – It was.
我的头是橡皮擦
My head was the eraser.
我见过无数铅笔
I had seen a lot of pencils,
可从来没见过像你妈妈那样的铅笔
but I had never seen one quite like your mom.
惊艳
Breathtaking.
但我太害羞 都不敢跟她讲话
But I was too scared to even talk to her,
所以我给她写了张字条
so I wrote her a note.
-写的什么 -上面写着
– What did it say? – It said,
“对我而言 有了铅笔
“It feels to me that with a pencil
“一切就皆有可能了”
“Anything is possible.”
太对了
That is so true.
把那本本子递给我 就那本
Hey. Pass me that book. Yeah.
所有的这些
All of these, you know,
那天之后的所有笔记本
All of these notebooks from that day,
我都记满了我想做的物品的创意
I just filled them with ideas of things that I wanted to make.
因为我觉得制♥作♥东西
Because I thought to be a part of making something,
是一种很棒的感觉
that was a great feeling.
老天 想想我们以后可能不干这行了
God, to think that we may not be making these anymore.
为什么不制♥作♥一种新的铅笔呢
Why not make a new kind of pencil?
-说着容易做着难 -对啊
– That’s easier said than done. – Yeah.
你可以设计
Well, you can design it
你可以把它画下来
and you can draw it.
你们一起就能制♥作♥了
Then you guys can both build it.
我想去给乔妮写张纸条
I want to write a note to Joni.
晚安
Good night.
你怎么能跟你孩子说不可能呢
How do you tell your child something’s not possible?
说这根本无法完成吗
That it can’t be done.
特别是当他那么相信你
When they believe in you like that.
我们不想让他失望
We didn’t want to disappoint him.
没错 所以我们行动了起来
No. We got busy.
不是说我们觉得自己有这本事
Not that we thought that we could do it.
我们只是想让蒂莫西知道我们尝试过
At least Timothy would know that we tried.
那一晚我们整宿没睡
Yeah. We stayed up all that first night.
后来的几个晚上也是
We stayed up several nights after that.
辛迪开始画素描
Cindy started making sketches.
吉姆开始雕刻
Jim started carving.
后来才知道 可不止是我们在制♥作♥东西
It turns out we weren’t the only ones making something.
我们都想出用树叶制♥作♥铅笔
Yeah. We both came up with the idea to use leaves.
树叶
Leaves.
看到吗 缠住就行 从另一个方向
See? Now just wind it. The other way.
对 就这样
Yeah. You got it.
再加一点
Just a little more.
看到吗 从这儿穿过去
Yeah, see? Just put it right through.
-像这样吗 -做得不错
– Like this? – That’s good.
我们的树叶浆准备的差不多了
So we’ve got our leaf slurry pretty much ready.
好的 倒进去
Okay. Right on in.
-太完美了 -这应该能行的
– Perfect. – That should do it.
看看怎么样 把它推下去
Let’s see. Help it… Help it push it down.
太好了
Oh, yeah!
天哪 这是新铅笔 你们真的做到了
Oh, my gosh! This is the pencil. You really did it.
-我们做到了 -你们成功了
– We did. – You made it.
这么说 你们用树叶做出了铅笔吗
So we’re to believe that you made a pencil out of leaves?
那只是个模型
Well, it was a prototype.
如果你们的故事有任何与事实不符的地方
You do realize if any part of your story doesn’t check out,
那咱们就没什么商量了
we are done here.
我们会进行全面核实的
And we will be checking it out. Thoroughly.
-应该的 -这太好了
– And you should. – Well, good.
总之 那个周一是工厂的家庭开放日
Anyway, that Monday was take your kid to work day.
他先去了我那儿
He started with me.
那天差不多算是个庆祝日
It was kind of a celebratory day at work and…
蒂莫西想去
Timothy wanted to be in on it.
总觉得少点东西
Something’s missing.
这不可能 那画的是你 那么…
Oh, nonsense. It’s you. So…
那么像你
Very you.
先生们
Gentlemen.
他见到我老板时
And as soon as he met my boss,
并没有被她的气场怔住
he didn’t know to be intimidated by her,
紧接着…
and the next thing you know…
小朋友 你觉得那画怎么样
Little man, what do you think of that?
不怎么样
Not much.
你还挺诚实
Well, that’s honest.
蒂莫西非常诚实 夫人
Timothy’s very honest, ma’am.
这幅画出自一个有名的画家
That was done by a renowned artist
花了我很多钱
at great expense.
我也能画 而且不收钱
I would have done it for free.
你是说你能画得更好吗
Are you suggesting you could do it better?
我可以试试
I can try.
那我们就来瞧瞧
Well, let’s find out.
作为他妈妈 我想提醒你 夫人
May I just remind you, ma’am, as his parent,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!