蒂莫西的奇异生活
詹姆斯和辛西娅夫妇吗
James and Cynthia Green?
-是的 -这边请
– Yes. – Right this way, please.
美国收养服务中心
那么 詹姆斯·格林先生 辛西娅·格林夫人
Okay. James and Cynthia Green.
住在斯坦利维尔 橡木巷路13号♥
Thirteen Oak Lane Road, Stanleyville.
没错
Yeah.
等等 你们没有回答为何符合条件
Wait. You didn’t answer what makes you qualified.
我们知道 但是纸上地方不够
Oh, we know. There wasn’t much space.
我们的故事很长
We had so much to say.
而且第四页上
Also here on page four.
我们的问题是
In response to,
哪些经历可以证明
“What experience or experiences
你们已经做好了准备
“have best prepared you”,
你们只写了 蒂莫西
you only wrote “Timothy”.
是的
Yes.
你们必须坦诚回答
The only chance you two have is
才能获得领养的机会
if you put it all on the table.
确实如此
We agree.
所以我们才腾出时间 来讲述我们的故事
That’s why we want to use our time to tell you our story.
好吧
Okay.
我想事先声明一件事
There’s just one thing.
你们会觉得这难以置信
You’re going to find it hard to believe.
一切开始于去年九月
This all began last September.
我们已经努力了数年
We’d been trying for a number of years,
亨特医生对我们下了最终判决
and Dr. Hunt finally gave us the news.
首先 你们已经非常努力了
First of all, you couldn’t have tried harder.
竭尽所能了
Or done more.
你们付出巨大的代价尝试了所有治疗方案
We have explored every medical option at a great cost to you.
现在的情况是 你们…
But there comes a point when you…
你们必须接受…
You have to accept…
我很抱歉
I am so sorry.
等一下
Hold it!
来 宝贝 快来 快过来
Come on, honey. Come on. Come on.
能帮我按下按钮吗 按这里
Can you push the button for me? Push it right there.
真棒 妈妈真是离不开你啊
Good job! What would I do without you?
来击掌
High-five!
于是我们开车回家
So we drove back home.
我们回到从前的生活 照常工作
We went back to work and on with our day.
斯坦利维尔 世界铅笔之都
我们可以养只小狗
We’ll get a puppy.
我不想养小狗
I don’t want a puppy!
Stanleyville 世界铅笔之都
干旱预警
节约用水
拯救工厂
-再见 -再见
– Bye. – Bye.
克拉德斯塔夫宅暨铅笔博物馆
开放时间 周一至周六6:00-17:00 周日闭馆
汤米
Hey, Tommy.
给你 到时见
Here you go. I’ll see you inside.
拯救工厂 周二集♥会♥
工作愉快
Good job.
斯坦利威尔铅笔工厂 建于1886年
与所有故事一样
Like all good stories,
斯坦利威尔铅笔工厂
the Stanleyville pencil factory,
连同本博物馆和整个小镇 都始于梦想
this museum and this town begins with a dream.
斯坦利·克拉德斯塔夫是我们的赞助人
Stanley Crudstaff, our patron.
这是他曾经的书桌 请跟我来
This is his original desk over here. Please follow me.
你饿吗
You hungry?
妹妹
Hey, sis!
我只是想跟你确认一下明天的聚会
Just checking in to make sure you’re still up for tomorrow.
我们愿意来组织
We’d be willing to host.
孩子们给巴特买♥♥了新烤架 你肯定不信
The kids just bought Bart a new grill. You wouldn’t believe it.
我是姐妹慈善医院的艾伦·拉斯特
Hi, this is Allen Rust with the Sisters of Mercy Hospital.
请回电商议未清余额 谢谢
Please call me back about an outstanding balance. Thank you.
亲爱的
Honey.
生活还得继续
We’re moving on.
可以看到我们挖了些土
You can see we’ve got some dirt here.
但是为了让土壤更优质
But in order to make good growing soil
并使花♥园♥的土层更适合植物生长
and a good growing bed for your garden,
你必须挖12到18英寸
you’ve got to get down a good 12 to 18 inches.
我不行 我没法继续
I can’t do it. I can’t move on.
那也别挡电视
Then move out of the way.
这么多年来我们一直在想象
For years, we’ve been thinking about
我们的孩子会是什么样子
what our kid would have been like.
别说了
Don’t.
我们可以从明天开始继续生活
We can move on tomorrow.
就今晚
Just for tonight,
我们再创造一个孩子 好吗
can we have a kid?
医生的话你也听到了
You heard what the doctor said.
放弃吧 放弃吧
Give it up! Give it up.
我们是怎么说的 永不放弃
There we go. Never give up!
我们的孩子
Our kid
永远不会放弃
would never give up.
知道我的其他想法吗
You know what else I think?
-我做不到 -我们的孩子
– I can’t. – Our kid
会和你一样心地善良
would have your good heart.
这一点也不好笑 吉姆
This isn’t funny, Jim.
但我们的孩子会很搞笑
But our kid would be funny.
不是那种玩弄他人的搞笑
Not make fun of other people funny,
也不是当众打嗝放屁的搞笑
or burp and fart funny,
这种搞笑是…
but funny like…
像巴伯叔叔一样搞笑
Funny like Uncle Bub.
像巴伯叔叔一样搞笑
Funny like Uncle Bub.
你知道的
You know that,
那种值得你信任的孩子
that kind of kid that you always believe.
诚实的 你想要个诚实的孩子
Someone honest. You want a truth-teller.
没错 我喜欢这样的
Yeah, I do. I want one like that.
但我们的孩子不可能完美无缺
But our kid can’t be perfect.
我才不要可怕的完美儿童
I don’t want one of those annoying perfect kids.
这个怎么样
How about this?
坦诚面对错误
Honest to a fault.
-对 我们的小勇士 -对 对
– Yes! We have a winner. – Yes! Yes!
-我们的孩子是音乐家吗 -当然
– Would our kid be musical? – Definitely.
随我吹单簧管 随我敲鼓 或…
Clarinet like me, drums like you, or…
我不知道是哪种乐器
I don’t know what kind of instrument.
我只知道我们的孩子…
All I know is our kid…
我们的孩子会嗨翻全场
Our kid would rock!
-太对了 -我们的孩子会嗨翻全场
– We so agree. – Our kid would rock!
写下来
Write that.
艺术领域
Artistically.
握铅笔的毕加索
Picasso with a pencil.
没错
Yes.
一个积极乐观的人
A glass half-full person.
爱与被爱
Love and be loved.
运动方面呢 你怎么想
How great an athlete are you picturing?
你足球踢得很烂
You were terrible at soccer.
才不是
That’s not true.
不是的
Not true.
我是个运动白♥痴♥
I was a big klutz.
好吧 这个怎么样 这个怎么样
All right. How about this? How about this?
就一次 我们的孩子
Just once, our kid,
我们的奇迹
amazing kid,
将会踢出制胜球
got to score the winning goal.
触地得分 上啊 格林
Touchdown! Go, Green!
那是我们的孩子
Yes! That’s our kid!
现在还能怎样
Now what?
下雨了
We got some rain.
一切都会好起来的
Everything is going to be fine.
亲爱的 你刚才说什么
Honey, did you say something?
我说我们…
I said we…
什么
What?
好像不见了
I think it’s gone.
吉姆
Jim.
等等 等等