Felice? I didn’t recognise you. You haven’t changed in 30 years!
谢谢你 我猜我们都是去参加婚礼 不是么?
Thank you. I guess we’re both going to the wedding, aren’t we?
你是和你丈夫拉里一起么?
Are you here with your husband, Larry?
– 伯里 他四年前去世了 – 听说这个真为你遗憾
– Barry. He passed away four years ago. – I’m sorry to hear that.
– 你有两个女儿? – 现在两个女儿
– You had two daughters? – Now two granddaughters.
这不是很了不起么?
Isn’t that something.
这是我朋友 费利克斯安格
This is my friend, Felix Ungar.
– 菲丽思 我前妻的妹妹 – 费利克斯安格?
– Felice, sister of my ex-wife. – Felix Ungar?
– 布兰奇说了好多你的事情 – 那之后我改变了许多
– Blanche talked about you a lot. – I’ve changed since then.
我们不都是么
Haven’t we all.
可以登机了 我们飞机上见吧
They are boarding. I’ll see you on the plane.
– 我们聊天了 – 聊什么了?
– We have to talk. – About what?
上飞机
On the plane.
– 飞行愉快! – 谢谢 你也是
– Have a good flight. – Thank you, you too.
还有你也是
And you.
– 如果你要去聊~聊 – 等到使用安全带标志关闭以后
– If you want to talk-talk. – Wait till the seat belt sign is off.
你不能在使用安全带的时候聊天?这是什么新的联邦法律么?
You can’t talk with your seat belt on? Is that a new federal law?
安全带标志开的时候 可能会遇到飞行颠簸
When it’s on, it can get bumpy.
我不希望在我谈话的时候被任何事情打断
I don’t want anything interrupting what I’m going to say.
好啦 现在安全啦 我们不用及安全带了 你要说什么?
OK, it’s safe, we’re bumpless. What have you got to say?
– 那个女士 – 哪个女士?
– That’s the woman. – What woman?
那个“在世界的某个地方 有个合适我的”女士
The ‘”somewhere, some place in this world, the right woman for me'” – woman.
– 菲丽思? – 甚至名字都合适
– Felice? – Even the name is right.
菲丽思-费利克斯 前三个字母读音完全一样 这就是个预兆
Felice – Felix. The first three letters are identical. It’s like an omen.
我告诉你 这就是那个正确合适的人
I’m telling you, this is the one.
– 谁去告诉她你是她的那个“正确合适的人”呢? – 我呀
– Who’s going to tell her you’re the one? – Me.
用“在世界的某个地方”的论调?
With the ‘”somewhere, some place in this world'” speech?
给我点信心 我做这都已经十次还是十二次了
Give me some credit. I’ve done this 10 or 12 times already.
帮我找个理由能坐到她身边去
Help me figure out a reason to get up and sit next to her.
这个怎么样…我也不知道 你的座位坏了这个理由怎么样?
How about… I don’t know. How about your seat is broken?
– 不行 我撒谎能力太弱了 她会看出来的 – 那我把你座位真的给弄坏呢?
– No, I’m a bad liar. She’ll know I’m lying. – How about if I break your seat?
– 算了 祝我幸运吧 – 你愿意告诉我你计划怎么做么?
– Forget it. Wish me luck. – Are you going to tell me what the plan is?
你就情好吧 把你腿让让
Just watch me. Move your legs.
– 对飞行来说真是好天 – 是啊 完美的天气
– Good day for flying. – Yes, perfect weather.
没错
Exactly.
还计划呢
Some plan.
如果你 你胆小如鼠 怯懦的懦夫
If you, you chicken-hearted, gutless wimp
如果你不回去 回到那女士身边 你跟我就完了!
if you don’t go back and sit next to that woman, you and I are through!
你听到了么?
Do you hear?
聊得不错啊 老伙计 嗯 亲爱的我的老-朋-友?
Had a nice chat, old buddy, pal, dear close friend of mine?
– 放松 我刚才坐那全是为了你 – 你对她说了些什么?
– Relax. I just set it all up for you. – What did you say to her?
我告诉她你正在给纽♥约♥时♥报♥周末版写一篇文章
I told her you were writing an article for ‘”New York Sunday Times'”
是关于寡居的妇女和鳏居的男子方面的
about widowed women and womanless men
所以你想问她点相关问题
and that you would like to ask her a few questions.
– 她说“当然可以!” – 你为什么要这样跟她说?
– She said, ‘”Absolutely! ‘” – Why did you tell her that for?
这样总比你去厕所再往墙上撞好吧?
It’s better than you going in to the john and banging on the walls again.
你是现在过去 还是我去拿食品车把你推过去?
Are you going, or do I have to get a food trolley and wheel you over there?
– 我这就去 我这就去 – 这就对了
– I’m going. I’m going. – Good.
– 可以么? – 哦 请吧
– May I? – Please do.
首先 我必须解释一下我要写的这篇文章
First I must explain about this article that I’m writing.
什么文章?
What article?
就是奥斯卡告诉你的 我给纽♥约♥时♥报♥周末版写的文章
The one Oscar told you I was writing for ‘”The New York Sunday Times'”.
他从来没有告诉过我这个
He never told me that.
他从来…
He never…
– 那他对你说了些什么? – 说你想见我
– What was he saying to you? – That you wanted to meet me
还说了你不知道找什么借口坐到我身边来
and couldn’t think of a reason to sit down next to me.
我说:“告诉他过来吧 我很愿意见他的”
I said, ‘”Tell him to come over, I’d like to meet him as well.'”
女士们先生们 我们将在二十分钟后抵达目的地
‘Ladies and gentlemen, we should be arriving
罗克波特的“芭芭拉斯特拉山德机场”
‘at Rockport’s ‘”Barbra Streisand Airport'” in 20 minutes.’
你丈夫故去多久了?
How long has your late husband been deceased?
差不多四年了 他正在打网球时心脏病发走的
Almost four years. He was playing tennis and had a heart attack.
– 我的前任妻子走的很快 – 我们似乎有很多相同点
– My last wife went very quickly. – We seem to have a lot in common.
我刚意识到 我们几乎有着相同的姓名
I just realised, we practically have the same name.
费利克斯—费利斯 相同的前三个字母
Felix – Felice, same first three letters.
– 你没想到么? – 没有 不过一经你提起 我也注意到了
– Did that occur to you? – No, but now that you mention it.
而且你们两个都不戴眼镜 这也很异乎寻常
And both of you don’t wear glasses. That’s uncanny.
我们到了
Here we are.
我向你发誓 就是这个地方 多好啊!
I swear to you, this is it. What a place!
感谢上帝 你们到了!
Thank God you’re here!
– 多么混乱的局面 – 怎么啦 出什么事啦?
– What a mess. – What is it, what’s wrong?
我说不出口 布兰奇 你告诉他
I can’t say it. Blanche, you tell him.
– 是布鲁斯 他跑了! – 跑哪去?
– It’s Brucey. He’s gone! – Gone where?
他失踪了!不在自己的房♥间 我们甚至报了警
He disappeared! He wasn’t in his room. We even called the police.
冷静 别哭了 婚礼前哭是会招来厄运的
Calm down, don’t cry. It’s bad luck to cry before a wedding.
不 只有新郎在婚礼前不见了才是厄运呢
No, it’s only bad luck if the groom isn’t here before the wedding.
– 他留了什么字条什么的么? – 什么都没有 一点线索都没有!
– Didn’t he leave a message? – Nothing, not a clue!
他会出现的 我的儿子不会逃避责任
He’ll show up. My kid never ducked anything.
汉娜怎么样?我能见见我女儿么?
How is Hannah? Can I see my daughter?
她在楼上穿婚纱 我们还没有告诉她
She’s upstairs getting dressed. I haven’t told her.
你说没有告诉她是什么意思?
What do you mean you haven’t told her?
你还在等什么?汉娜独自一人的五周年纪念?
What are you waiting for, her fifth anniversary of being alone?
– 别对我吼! – 我是在对现状吼!
– Don’t yell at me! – I’m yelling at the situation!
– 你三十年都没有变 – 我信不过这女人!
– You haven’t changed in 30 years! – I don’t believe this woman!
我五十年没见她了
I haven’t seen her for 50 years
但是她仍然要继续我们以前的最后一架!
and she’s still trying to finish the last fight that we had!
各位 别再像小孩似的了!
Everybody, please stop behaving like children!
我们试图在婚礼这三天把大家聚在一起
We tried to put this wedding together in three days
而你就这么漫不经心的像兜风似的就来了!
while you take a casual joyride in getting here!
漫不经心?
Casual?
永远是女人的错 是么?
It’s always the woman’s fault, right?
别拿你的指头指着我的鼻子对我喊!
Stop pointing your finger at me and yelling!
在这你们已经有两个丈夫让你们做这些事情了
You got two other husbands here to do that with.
来吧 费利克斯 我得对你说点事
Come on, Felix. I want to talk to you about something.
弗朗西斯怎么还这样?我真想再跟她离次婚!
How about that, Frances? I would love to divorce her again!
– 你觉得布鲁斯到底发生了什么? – 我不知道
– What do you think happened to Brucey? – I don’t know.
– 那你叫我出来干什么? – 我觉得也许你能有办法
– What did you call me out here for? – I thought you might have an idea.
为什么我该有办法?
What do we do?
我们等等看 最坏最坏的情况就是婚礼延期
We wait and see. Worst comes to worst, we postpone the wedding.
我不想我女儿因你的蠢儿子受辱!
I’m not going to have my daughter humiliated because of your ditzy son!
注意你说我儿子的词语 也许汉娜才是愚蠢的那个
Watch what you say about my son. Maybe Hannah is the wacky one.
汉娜 愚蠢?我的汉娜 愚蠢?
Hannah, wacky? My Hannah, wacky?
别再重复了 听起来像在夏威夷的旅馆里
Stop repeating that, it sounds like a Hawaiian hotel.
我不知道是谁造成现在这样的局面!
I don’t know which one caused this!
想伤我女儿的心就得先过我这关!
If he breaks her heart that boy will have to deal with me!
你是在威胁要揍我儿子么?
Are you threatening to get physical with my son?
如果他做了伤我女儿心的事-没错 我要揍他!
If that’s what it takes – yes!
在我打喷嚏用一张小面纸就把你脑浆子打出来前 把你鼻子从我鼻子前移走!
Get your nose off my nose before I sneeze your brains into a tiny Kleenex!
– 我就不移! – 他们找到他了!
– That’s it! – They found him!
他们找到他了!
They found him!
– 一架警用飞机发现了他 – 在哪?
– A police helicopter spotted him. – Where?
你是否需要帮助?
Do you need assistance?
他哪也没去
He’s not going anywhere.
各位 请后退!
Everybody, please back off!
他在屋顶上不是为了跟每一个人说话的
He’s not on the roof because he’s anxious to speak to everyone.
– 我自己去 – 那我们怎么知道事情的发展呢?
– I’ll go alone. – How will we know what’s going on?
我让他大点声
I’ll tell him to talk loud.
嗨 布鲁斯!
Hello, Brucey!
– 今天天气真好 不是么? – 嗨 爸爸
– Beautiful day, isn’t it? – Hiya, Pop.
我希望你不要觉得我爱管闲事 不过你还要结婚么?
I hope you don’t think I’m meddling, but are you coming to the wedding?
我正在思考这事 我在想我是不是犯了个大错
I was thinking about it. I was thinking I’d be making a big mistake.
– 为什么会这样想呢? – 我不信任婚姻
– Why is that? – I don’t trust marriage.
如果你看看这里的每一个人 看看我自己的家庭
If you look at everyone here. Look at my own family.
妈妈结了三次婚
Mom was married three times.
你结了一次婚 结果之后的30年就再没结婚
You were married one time and then never again for 30 years.
她的就太多了 你的还不够
Hers were too many, yours not enough.
到底出了什么错 能把大家弄成这样?
What is wrong with it, that frightens everyone so much?
我不知道 这就像棒球 就是简单的你会玩或者不会玩
I don’t know. It’s like baseball. Either you can play or you can’t play.
你妈妈会玩 我不会
Your mother could play, I couldn’t.
你妈妈的问题是她一直都没闲着
Trouble with your mother is she kept getting traded all the time.
– 你这并没有回答我思考的问题 – 你为什么要迫不及待问这个问题呢?
– That’s not the answer I was looking for. – Why did you wait to ask the question?
因为我一直以为婚姻是我想要的 可现在我知道我不想要了