I don’t know.If there’s not a war.
我不知道 如果没有战争的话
They talked about nothing else on the boat.
在船上大家都在谈这件事
Your brother’s in the army.
你弟弟去从军了
Little Pierre? Oh, it’s big Pierre.
小皮耶? 哦,是大皮耶了
Your sister’s husbands are in the army, too.
你姐夫也从军了
Marie and Louise will come to see you soon.
玛丽和露意丝 很快就会来见你的
There can’t be a war.
不可能会有战争的
How are you, really, Gaby?
你真的还好吗?嘉比?
I’m very well, Father. Would you like to see the x-rays?
我很好,爸爸 你要看我的X光片吗?
I mean in here.
我是说这里面好吗?
How are you in there?
你那里面好吗?
Still very lonely for you.
为了你,还感到很寂寞
You know,
你知道
Jean never married.
金恩一直没有结婚
Father, you’re an incurable romantic.
爸爸,你真是无可救药的浪漫
Jean isn’t in my thoughts anymore.
金恩不再是我的心上人了
I finally had to take a hand in training your successor…
我终于抽出时间 训练来接替你的助手
but she’ll never replace you.
不过,她无法取代你
She has no rebellion in her.
她没有叛逆的精神
That girl was born to be a nun…
那女孩才是天生该当修女的人选
something you could never be in a thousand years, Reverend Sister.
那种特质是你花一千年 也培养不来的,修女小姐
You’re not in love with him, are you, my child?
你没有爱上他吧,我的孩子?
No, Mother, of course I’ve not fallen in love with him.
没有,修女 我当然没有爱上他
I admire him deeply for his skill and selflessness…
我深深的仰慕
when there is a life to be saved.
他专业与无私的救人精神
I think always he’s very close to God…
我总是在想 他在开刀时那不凡的一刻
in those unearthly hours when he operates.
与天主十分接近
Dear Lord,
亲爱的天主
help me to detach from these memories.
帮助我割舍这些回忆
How can I be a good nun if I cannot get the Congo out of my blood?
如果我无法忘怀刚果 我如何能成为好修女?
Suppose you’re detained in the Mother House indefinitely?
万一他们无限期的 把你留在总会院呢?
Will your strength be enough then?
到时候你的力量足够吗?
Ordinarily, I would advise you to go on a retreat…
我通常会劝你去避静
to try to regain your inner silence.
设法回复你内心的平静
I have done nothing but pray and meditate.
我也是一直在祈祷与默想
Many years ago,
许多年前
I came back from the missions to the quiet of this house.
我也是从传教区 回到这寂静的修女院
I know what you are feeling.
我了解你的感受
There can be no comparison, Reverend Mother.
这是无法比较的,院长
I’ve been remembering you especially in my prayers…
我一直念着你 尤其是记得为你祷告
knowing the agony you’ve been going through.
我知道你经历许多痛苦
For weeks, each tap on my door, I thought it would be you.
几个星期以来,只要有人敲我的门 我就以为是你
I know it would have been the greater perfection to have
我如果能安静地留下来
stayed here quietly.And the greater danger in your case.
一定更完美 对你而言却更危险
I can’t send you back to the Congo with the talk of war.
因为有战争的危险 我不能派你回刚果
But there is an important post as Assistant in Surgery…
不过,在我们医院的手术房♥ 有个很重要的助手空缺
at our hospital on the Holland border.
是在荷兰边境的医院
Thank you, Reverend Mother.
谢谢你,院长
I have just received a telephone call from our Reverend Mother Emmanuel.
我刚接到艾曼妞院长的电♥话♥
“At 3:00 a.m. Rotterdam was bombarded…
在三点左右 阿姆斯特丹被轰炸
“many thousands killed.
死亡数千人
“Belgium was bombarded at 5:00.
比利时在五点被轰炸
“The country’s system of sluices had been put into operation…
国内的水闸系统已经开始运作
“and certain main roads are already blown up
很多主要道路已经被炸毁
to prevent the German advances.”
以预防德军入侵
I tell you this only that you will be prepared.
我跟你们说这件事 是希望你们有心理准备
Our work must go on as if nothing has happened.
我们的医疗工作必须如常的进行
It will be your responsibility to set the example of courage and calm.
做个有勇气而沉着的榜样 是你们的责任
And to retain in your hearts the spirit of charity for all.
还必须怀有博爱的心
Even the enemies of our country.
即使对我国的敌人也一样
“Brussels fell to the enemy today.
布鲁塞尔已于今日落入敌军手中
“All of Holland is in German hands.
荷兰全国都在德军手中
“The Maginot Line has fallen…
法、德边界的马其诺防线已失陷
“and Northern France has been occupied.”
法北也被占领
“The Belgian Army, the British Expeditionary Forces…
比利时军队 英国特遣部队
“and the Ninth French Army…
以及法国第九军队
“are fighting with their backs to the sea at Dunkirk.”
都被逼至沿海的敦刻尔克城
King Leopold has signed a surrender.
里奥波德国王已签署降书
He asks the population to behave with dignity and discipline.
他请求全民 表现出尊严与纪律
The sisters are urged not to take sides…
请修女们不要偏袒任何一方
and not to participate in any activity against the forces of occupation…
也不要介入任何反抗军的地下行动
so that the orderly life of the community is not disturbed…
以维持我们教区的平静生活 不被打扰
and so that our hospital work may go on without confusion.
让我们的救人工作 得以不受阻扰的持续下去
I can only say again, monsieur, that Mademoiselle Lisa…
我只能再说一次,先生
cannot accept telephone calls while on duty.
丽莎小姐在值班时不能接电♥话♥
All right, Father,
好吧,神父
just a moment.
请等一下
Someone who says he’s Father John.
有个人说他是约翰神父
Sister Luke, may I have permission to go into town for an hour?
路加修女 我能到镇上去一个小时吗?
My uncle is sick.
我叔叔生病了
Now, Lisa, you’ve used that “sick uncle” excuse twice in the last week.
丽莎,你上星期 就两次使用生病的叔叔当借口了
Have I? Yes.
有吗? 有
I have to go, Sister. Then tell me why.
我必须去,修女 那就把原因告诉我
You say you want to become a nun.
你说你想成为一名修女
Well, one of the first things to learn is obedience to….
那,当修女的首要之务 就是要服从
We are hiding our soldiers who escaped.
我们在帮忙藏匿 我方逃出来的军人
We’re hoping to get them to England.
我们希望能送他们到英格兰去
The underground That’s enough.
地下的 够了
Your brother may be one of the boys Please.
你弟弟很可能也是其中一个 求求你
I have to go.
我必须去
Please, may I?
求求你,我可以吗?
If ever I can be of help, tell me.
如果有需要我帮忙的地方 请告诉我
Hurry.
快,快去
Did you mean that, about help?
你说要帮忙是真心的吗?
Dear Lord, forgive me, I cannot obey anymore.
主啊,原谅我 我再也无法服从
What I do from now on is between You and me alone.
从现在开始,我的所作所为 都是你、我之间的秘密
I have a letter for you, Sister Luke.
我有信要交给你,路加修女
Then I’ll have to show it to Mother Superior.
那我就得拿给院长看
Don’t.
不要
Hope this letter can be delivered to you
希望这封信能送到你手中
Your brother Pierre
你的弟弟皮耶
Father was killed on the road between Givet and Former a week ago
父亲于一星期前在吉维特 与弗美之间的路上被杀
He was treating refugees when the German machine gun shot them.
德军的机关枪扫射他们时 他正在医治难民
If such a death happened with us, Mama Luke…
如果这种死亡事件发生在我们身上 路加姆姆
we’d tie the murderer to a stake and cut his body for fish bait.
我们会把他绑在木桩上 再把他剁碎喂鱼
But we would not.
可是我们不会
We have been taught to forgive.
我们被教导要宽恕别人
Oh, Father!
哦,我的父亲!
my Father!
我的父亲!
my Father!
我的父亲!
Father, I no longer belong in a convent.
神父,我不再属于修女院
Why do you say that, my child?
你为何这么说,我的孩子?
I am a hypocrite in the religious life.
我在信仰生活中是个虚伪的人
I wear the habit of obedience, but I flout the Rule.
我穿着代表服从的圣袍 可是我有违会规
I wear the cross of Christ above a heart filled with hate.
我戴着十字架 却有一颗充满恨意的心
You must try, my child. These times are sent to test us.
你得再努力,我的孩子 这种时刻是来考验我们的
I wonder if I’m even a good Christian.
我甚至怀疑自己是否是个好教友
When I think of my father,
只要一想到我父亲
I can’t forgive the enemy.
我就不能原谅敌人
And this is only one of my faults.
而且这只是众多缺点中的一个
You must pray to God to deliver you from revenge in the heart.
你必须向天主祈祷 请他驱逐你心中的仇恨
Today, a German war nurse died here…
今天一个德国的战地护士 在这里死去
and try as I would, I couldn’t regret it.
即使我很努力 也无法为她感到难过
My whole lifework has been dedicated to saving lives…
我整个人生的志向 在于为救人而奉献
and I almost rejoiced.
但当时我却几乎感到狂喜
Perhaps it is too much to ask.
也许那样的要求太多了
Father, I don’t believe that.
神父,我不认为如此
It is not too much to ask.
不是要求太多
I simply cannot obey…
是我无法遵守会规
and if I cannot obey, then You’re so hard on yourself, my child.
如果我无法遵守,那么 你对自己要求太苛了,我的孩子

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!