A nun is a disciplined person.
修女必须谨守纪律
Yes, but not necessarily tense.
对,不过不必紧张兮兮的
As a surgeon, it’s not my business to probe into the mind…
作为外科医师 我无权剖析别人的思想
but I’d say that tension is a sign of an exhausting inner struggle.
可是我得说,神经紧张 反映出内心过度的挣扎
The Grand Silence?
又搞大静默了,是吧?
Do you realize that every time you talk to me like this…
你知道吗? 每次你像这样跟我交谈
I should go down on my knees before my sisters and proclaim my fault?
我就得跪在修女前自己认错?
I’m sorry.
我很抱歉
There’s Father Vermeuhlen.
那就是蒙妙仁神父
Father Vermeuhlen was one of the first missionaries in the Congo.
蒙妙仁神父 是第一批来刚果的传教士
He lived all alone in the bush.
以前他独自一人居住在丛林里
One day he disappeared, they thought he was dead.
有一天他就失踪了 大家都以为他死了
But years later they found him. Living with a native.
过了几年,大家又找到他了 跟原住民住在一起
As penance for his sins…
为了弥补他的罪
he asked to be allowed to devote the rest of his life to the lepers.
他向上级请求 让他为所有麻疯病患奉献余生
Well, I’ll show you the rest of the station.
来,我带你参观这个医疗站
It’s a makeshift, .
这是临时替代用的
but at least they’re being cared for
不过,还是可以照顾病患
If left in the forest with their tribes, they’d be abandoned to die.
如果把他们留在他们的部落里 他们就会被遗弃而亡
Do they realize how ill they are?
他们了解他们的病很严重吗?
Somehow we’re all of us protected from full realization.
可以说,我们大家 都因为不够了解而得保安全
How’s that rascal Fortunati?
那个无赖佛图纳提还好吗?
He gave me complete instructions about you.
他给我一份关于你的 详细指导手则
All the tests I must make.
和我必须做的所有测试
Well, we can forget about the tests.
嗯,我们可以不用管那些测试
I know they’re a nuisance, but that is the real reason for our trip.
我知道这些测试很讨厌 不过这正是我们此行的目的
He always said it was just a matter of time.
他总是说那是早晚的问题
Reverend Mother, I’m sorry to ask again…
院长,很抱歉 得再次提出不情之请
but may I have permission to be absent from vespers?
晚祷时,我还能缺席吗?
There are some slides I must–
我还有一些化验得..
Thank you, Reverend Mother.
谢谢你,院长
What are we going to do about you?
我们该拿你怎么办呢?
We operated at 5:00 in the morning.
我们在清晨五点就开刀 现在都半夜了
It’s now after midnight and we operate again at 5:00.
明天一早五点还要开刀
I’ll be there.
我会在场的
But how many more days will you be there?
可是你这样能撑几天?
What’ll I do if you’re not?
万一你倒了,我该怎么办?
You comfort your patients by listening to their troubles.
你倾听病患的话 借以抒解他们的不适
Who listens to yours?
可是谁来倾听你的不适?
I’m responsible for the health of the patients in this hospital.
我有责任关注这医院里 所有病患的健康
And for your health, too.
还有你的健康
You go to bed.
你去睡觉吧
I don’t know what to do, Doctor. I have TB.
我不知道该如何是好,医师 我得到肺结核了
Who says so?
谁说的?
Who told you that?
是谁告诉你的?
I just made a test.
我刚刚做了检查
It will mean my going back to Europe.
这代表我得回到欧洲
But you’re the only one in the whole Congo I can work with.
可是你是唯一 能跟我在刚果共事的人
I can’t lose you.
我不能失去你
Let’s have a look.
我们先来检查看看
I’m not allowed. I should call another sister.
我不可以的 我必须叫另一个修女来
Let’s have a look.
我们先检查一下
I’m ready.
我准备好了
You’re never wrong, but let’s hope this time you are.
你从没出错过 不过这一次,希望你是错的
Take a deep breath.
深呼吸
And again.
再一次
And again.
再一次
And again.
再一次
Now cough.
咳一下
Breathe.
呼吸
Cough.
咳一下
Breathe.
呼吸
We’re lucky, Sister.
我们很幸运,修女
It’s a small summit lesion, and I think we’ve got it in time.
感染部位还很小 我想可以及时治疗
You can stand the gold treatment.
你可以接受黄金治疗法
It’s a bit rough on the kidneys, but you’re strong.
这种方法对肾脏有点负担 不过你身体很好
I’ll take the responsibility.
我会负全责的
I’ll have to tell Mother Mathilde. Why?
我得向曼婷院长报告 为什么?
Obedience. I must.
服从会规,我得报告
They’ll send you home if you do.
你报告了,他们就会送你回家
I know.
我知道
You’re afraid you won’t be able to stand the convent if they send you back.
你担心如果他们把你送回去 你会受不了修女院
I’m going to tell you something about yourself, Sister.
我要跟你谈谈你自己
I’ve never worked with any other kind of nurse except nuns since I began.
我打从一开始 就是只跟修女护士合作
And you’re not in the mold, Sister.
你并不适合这种生涯,修女
You never will be.
你永远无法适应
You’re what’s called a worldly nun.
你是所谓的入世的修女
ldeal for the public, ideal for the patients.
最适合服务大众、病患
But you see things your own way. You stick to your own ideas.
但是你有自己的看法 你坚持自己的理念
You’ll never be the kind of nun that your convent expects you to be.
你永远不可能成为 修女院期望的那种修女
That’s your illness.
那就是你的病
The TB is a byproduct.
肺结核只是副作用
I can cure the byproduct, if you want me to.
我可以治疗这种副作用 只要你想让我治疗
I want to stay.
我想留下
All right, leave it to me.
好,那就交给我
I’ll tell the Mother Superior in such a way that she can’t send you home.
我会用无法送你回去的方式 对你的院长说
We’ll put you up in the little pavilion…
我们让你住在别馆 你可以睡在
where you’ll be sleeping practically in the treetops.
可说是位于树上的房♥间 多久?
How long? Five, six months, perhaps.
也许五、六个月
But remember, I’m only working on the byproduct.
不过,别忘了 我只是在治疗副作用
The main illness is for you to cure.
主要的病要靠你自己治疗
I’ll try.
我会尽力的
Anything you knew before I did, keep under your bonnet if you can.
你知道什么我不晓得的
That is, unless your pride…
除非你作为显微镜高手的傲气
as a genius of the microscope doesn’t get the better of you.
无法克制地想说出去
I’ll take an x-ray in the morning.
我早上会去拿X光片
Come in.
请进
His name is Felix and Mother Mathilde said you might have him.
这是菲力斯 曼婷院长说他可以陪你
Really?
哦,真的吗?
Ilunga gave him to me.
伊伦加把他给我的
I’d rather he’d given me that fetish from around his neck.
我宁可他把脖子上的符交给我
This reminds me of a tree house that I had when I….
这里让我想起我的一个树屋 就是当我
Anything you want, you ask for it.
你需要什么请尽管说 佛图纳提医师说
Because Dr. Fortunati says you’re to be pampered.
你是被宠爱。
Isn’t it wonderful?
这不是很美妙吗?
Thanks for Felix.
谢谢你们的菲力斯
Refuse nothing. Ask for nothing.
什么都别拒绝,什么都别问
It’s a prairie oyster. Swallow it quickly.
这是醒酒专用的辣蛋酱 快快喝下
Each night at 10:00 you’ll be awakened
每天晚上你都要起来
with sandwiches and two glasses of wine.I see.
吃三明治,喝两杯小酒 我明白了
The drums have already started passing the word…
鼓声已经在传话了 所以明天之前
so by tomorrow we’ll be swamped with food and drink for Sister Luke.
就会涌入为路加修女所准备的 食物与酒
Don’t cry.
别哭
Don’t think too much. Relax.
别想太多,放轻松
Live life as it comes.
轻松面对人生的变化
From day to day.
每一天都是
I want you to drink as much of this Belgian beer as you can.
我要你尽可能 多喝这种比利时啤酒
Unless you want to come out of this gold dust cure with ruined kidneys.
除非你想让黄金疗法 把肾脏给毁了
How can I drink so much–
我怎么能喝那么多 没关系的,这里又没有别人
It’s all right, there’s nobody to see you here except him.
只有他会看到
And you know about monkeys.
你也了解这些猴子的习性
That’s right. It’s good to see you laugh.
这就对了,能看到你笑真好
You keep laughing, Sister.
你继续笑下去,修女
I will.
我会的
I said rest.
我交待过要休息
Absolute rest.
绝对的休息
Thank you, Mother.
谢谢你,院长
I don’t know if I’m well yet, but I feel so well.
我不知道我痊愈了没有 不过我感觉很好
So completely well.
感觉好极了
It’s strange that I had to fall ill to learn to take each day and each night…
奇怪的是,得生病了 才学会要将每一天

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!