玛莎的丈夫死于战争 她住在隔壁奎尔山镇
Martha was a war widow who lived in Quail Ridge, a town away.
你明天想出去吗
So you wanna go out tomorrow?
我得工作
I gotta work.
如果你想 我们可以去河边
Well, we could go down to the river if you want to.
下周吧
Next week, sometime.
或许可以出去兜兜风
Maybe take a drive somewhere?
不了
No.
只是问问而已
Well, I’m just asking you.
你想要什么 诺亚
What do you want, Noah?
什么意思
What do you mean, what do I want?
从我这儿
From me.
有时候你跟我说话 却根本没在看我
Sometimes when you talk to me, you don’t even see me.
男人如果看着一个女人却想着别人
Look, a woman knows when a man looks into her eyes
女人是知道的
and sees someone else.
我也想给你一切你想要的东西
Now, you know I want to give you all the things that you want.
你知道吧
Right?
但我做不到
But I can’t.
因为那已经没了
Because they’re gone.
已经破碎了
They’re broken.
好吗
All right?
头纱会太夸张吗
Is the veil too much?
开什么玩笑 你简直太美了
Are you kidding? You look perfect!
你真是最美的新娘
You’re the most beautiful bride.
-你可真美 -亲爱的
– You look gorgeous, honey. – Thank you.
等朗看到你穿这身 一定要疯了
Wait until Lon sees you in this dress, he’s gonna go crazy.
他的眼睛要黏在你身上了
He won’t be able to take his eyes off you.
手也是
Or his hands.
你真坏
Oh, you are bad!
你看到今早的报纸了吗
Have you seen this morning’s paper?
《日报》说你会成为
The Daily Journal says that you are going to be…
这一季的社交亮点
…the social highlight of the season.
这一季
Of the season?
这将是小镇空前的盛会
This is a celebration the likes of which this town’s never seen!
她可不是一般的计划家 是不是
She doesn’t plan, she plots, doesn’t she?
妈妈 看啊 州长也要来
Mama, look, the governor’s coming.
那最好 我看
He better. Let me see.
溪镇老房♥完成翻修
天呐
Oh, boy.
-萨凡纳 怎么样了 -82了
– All right, Savannah, where are we at? – We’re 82 now.
-孟菲斯呢 -89了
– Memphis, where are we at? – We’re 89 now.
-89 很好从85涨上来的 -先生
– Eighty-nine, great, up from 85. Yes? – Sir?
有人来看你
You have a visitor.
你好啊 亲爱的 我不知道你要来
Well, hello. Baby, I didn’t know you were coming.
对不起 我该打个电♥话♥的
I’m so sorry, I should have called.
别傻了 打什么电♥话♥ 你随时能来
Baby, what are you talking about? You don’t have to call.
-伙计们 能让我们单独待会儿吗 -好的
– Guys, could you give us a minute? – All right.
好的 先生 艾莉小姐
Yes, sir. Miss Allie.
女士 你好
Ma’am.
怎么了
So, what’s up?
我现在不画画了
I don’t paint anymore.
我以前总画画的
I used to paint all the time.
我可喜欢画画了
I really loved it.
-我不知道呢 -是啊
– I didn’t know that. – Yeah.
那就画呗
So paint.
我会的 我…
I will. You know…
我要开始画画了
…I’m gonna start.
好啊
Great.
你没事吧
Is everything okay?
我得离开一下
I need to get away.
好吧
Okay.
有些事 我要去处理
I need to take care of a few things.
清理一下思绪
I need to clear my head.
好吧 我需要担心吗
Okay, should I be worried?
-不 应该不用 -那我放心点了
– No, I don’t think so. – Oh, that’s reassuring.
你真的没事吗
Listen, are you all right?
-嗯 -好 那去吧
– Yeah. – Okay, then go.
慢慢来 做完你要做的事
Take your time, do whatever you need to do.
紧张是正常的
It’s okay to be nervous.
婚礼前有点退缩是很常见的
It’s normal to get cold feet before your wedding.
不 我没有退缩
No, no second thoughts.
我爱你
I love you.
我几天就从溪镇回来 好吗
I’m gonna be back from Seabrook in a couple of days, okay?
-溪镇 -对 溪镇
– Seabrook? – Yeah, Seabrook.
溪镇
你好啊
Hello.
我在报纸上看到了你的照片
I saw your picture in the paper.
就是你跟房♥子的合照
The one with you and the house.
我就是想过来看看你
And I just wanted to come and see if you were okay.
我倒不是顺道什么的 就是…
I mean, I wasn’t in the neighborhood or anything. I just….
你挺好的吗
So are you okay?
那好
Okay, good.
我真蠢 我不该来的
I’m a stupid woman, I shouldn’t have come.
你要进来吗
You want to come in?
好吧
Okay.
这故事真不错
This is a good story.
你喜欢我很高兴
I’m glad you like it.
我好像听过
I think I’ve heard it before.
是啊
Yes.
不止一次吗
Perhaps more than once?
医生要见你
Doctor needs to see you.
-我 现在吗 -不 是他
– Me? Now? – No, him.
但他还没读完故事呢
But he hasn’t finished reading the story.
等跟医生完事了 我会再给你读的
I’ll read some more when I’m through with the doctor.
不会要很久的
It shouldn’t take too long.
-好吧 -你可别乱跑
– All right. – Don’t you go away.
我就回来
I’ll be right back.
你等的时候 要不要弹会儿钢琴
While you waiting, maybe you’d like to play the piano for a few minutes.
你喜欢弹钢琴的
You do like that.
是吗
I do?
-我不知道什么曲子 -你识谱
– I don’t know any tunes. – You can read music.
真的
No kidding?
你是哪位
Who are you?
巴恩维尔医生 新来的一位主治医生
I’m Dr. Barnwell, one of the new attending physicians.
我们还没正式见过 所以我想亲自给你做检查
We haven’t met, so I thought I’d examine you myself.
那么这里写着
Okay, so I see here
过去18个月里你两次心脏病发
that you’ve had two heart attacks over the last 18 months.
嗯 都是轻度的 有一次好像是心绞痛
Yeah, minor ones, I think one was angina.
-有并发症吗 -没有 感觉很棒
– Okay, any complications? – Nope, feel fine.
好吧 深呼吸
Okay, deep breath for me.
再来一次
Okay, one more time.
再来一次
And deep breath.
再来
And one more.
很棒 你还在服药吗
Terrific, terrific. You still taking your medication?
-每天两次 -很好
– Every day, twice a day. – Good, good, good.
把衣服穿好吧
Okay, you can put your shirt on.
你给汉密尔顿女士读书 是吗
So I understand that you read to Miss Hamilton.
是的 帮她恢复记忆
Yeah, to help her remember.
你觉得这没用吗
You don’t think it’ll help?
嗯 我觉得没用
No, I don’t.
她会回忆起来 医生
She remembers, doc.
我给她读书 她就会想起来
I read to her and she remembers.
并不总会 但有时候会
Not always, but she remembers.
老年痴呆是个不可逆的过程
But senile dementia is irreversible.
是一种衰退
It’s degenerative.
到了一定程度 病人就不会再回忆起来了
After a certain point, its victims don’t come back.
是啊 他们也总这么跟我说
Yeah, that’s what they keep telling me.
我只是不希望你太抱希望
I just don’t want you to get your hopes up.
谢了 医生 但常言道
Well, thanks, doc, but you know what they say.
科学有界 上帝无边
Science goes only so far and then comes God.
上帝无边
Then comes God.
该死 他们忘记给她翻谱了
Damn, they forgot to turn the page for her.