忘了我说的话吧,亲爱的。
Forget what I said, honey.
我不是生你的气,我是生Shannon的气。
I wasn’t sore at you, I was sore at Shannon.
和成熟的水果和树枝
And still the ripe fruit and the branch
– 观察天空开始变白 -我要给老爷爷喝一杯棕榈酒。
– Observe the sky begin to blanch – I’ll fix old Gramps a toddy.
-老人们需要它,需要喝棕榈酒。- 没有哭泣…
– Old folks need it, need a toddy. – Without a cry…
你太好了。
That’s very kind of you.
我要给他一杯加两颗樱桃的曼哈顿鸡尾酒。
I’ll make him a Manhattan with two cherries in it.
这样他就能吃完午饭了。
So he’ll live through lunch.
夏洛特。
Charlotte.
——夏洛特!-她现在怎么了?
– Charlotte! – What’s eating her now?
夏洛特。女孩!夏洛特!
Charlotte. Girls! Charlotte!
怎么了,费罗斯小姐?
What’s the trouble now, Miss Fellowes?
夏洛特。你见过她吗?
Charlotte. Have you seen her?
她消失了。夏洛特。
She’s disappeared. Charlotte.
——夏洛特!——夏洛特。
– Charlotte! – Charlotte.
——夏洛特。-冷静点,费罗斯小姐。
– Charlotte. – Now be calm, Miss Fellowes.
悄悄地告诉我们发生了什么事。
Tell us quietly what has happened.
她没有来吃午饭。她的房♥间是空的,她不在我的房♥间里。
She didn’t come to luncheon. Her room was empty, and she’s not in my room.
我不知道发生了什么事。她没有回答。
I don’t know what’s happened. She doesn’t answer.
-我们去找她。夏洛特。——夏洛特。
– Let’s find her. Charlotte. – Charlotte.
夏洛特。
Charlotte.
——更多。——没有更多。
– More. – No more.
没有了,我说。阻止它。
No more, I say. Stop it.
小姐,回家。-我没有家。
– Se?orita, go home. – I have no home.
回家吧,我说。
Go home, I say.
带上你的美元。我是个有钱人。
Take your dollars with you. I’m a rich man.
我不要你的钱。我不想让你随着我的音乐跳舞。
I do not want your dollars. I do not want you dancing to my music.
——更多的音乐。-没有音乐了。
– More music. – No more music.
小姐,我们不想让我们的儿子知道年轻的女孩可以像你这样。
Se?orita, we do not want our sons to know that young girls can be like you.
我不会再回去了。让我下来。让我走!
I won’t go back up there. Put me down. Let me go!
好啊!,汉克。给他们!
Attaboy, Hank. Give it to them!
打击他们。
Hit them.
敲下来。
Knock them down.
好啊!,打击他们。
Attaboy, hit them.
对,再打一次。
Yeah, hit them again.
是的,给他们,汉克。
Yeah, give it to them, Hank.
来吧,打他们。
Come on, hit them.
来吧,汉克。
Come on, Hank.
敲下来!敲出来!
Knock them down! Knock them out!
是啊,快点,汉克,给他们。
Yeah, come on, Hank, give it to them.
加油,汉克!
Come on, Hank!
汉克,你救了我。你真勇敢。
Oh, Hank, you saved me. You’re so brave.
我的英雄。汉克,带我回家。
My hero. Oh, Hank, take me home.
我的意思是回家。我会告诉爸爸是你救了我。
I mean home. I’ll tell Daddy it was you who saved me.
爸爸,他爱我。他会做任何事来感谢你。
Daddy, he loves me. He’ll do anything to thank you.
我想知道你们当中是否有人有兴趣看……
I wonder if any of you ladies would be interested in seeing…
…我的一些作品样本?
…some samples of my work?
这篇文章的题目是:
This one is entitled:
月光由白天回忆。
Moonlight Recollected by Daylight.
这是我在五分钟内完成的人物素描。
And here, here is a character sketch that I did in less than five minutes.
几年前,当女王还是伊丽莎白公主时,她正在非洲旅行。
The queen, when she was Princess Elizabeth, on a tour of Africa years ago.
当然,我不能靠得太近。
I couldn’t get very close, of course.
-我得用野外望远镜。-不,谢谢。
– I had to use field glasses. – No, thank you.
一个醉醺醺的小提琴手在演奏
Love’s an old remembered song A drunken fiddler plays
沿着 弯弯曲曲的小巷
Stumbling crazily along Crooked alleyways
-现在不行,不行。- 当他的心为音乐疯狂
– Not now, Nonno. – When his heart is mad with music
He will play the…i> -不,请。
– He will play the… – Nonno, please.
他认为有人要求背诵他的一首诗。
He thinks that someone called for a recitation of one of his poems.
别担心,亲爱的。
Don’t you worry, honey.
在这群人中,老爷爷是聚会的中心人物。
In this crowd, old Gramps is the life of the party.
爷爷,亲爱的,在这里。
Gramps, honey, here.
完成你的棕榈酒。
Finish your toddy.
我不在乎别人怎么说。
I don’t care what anybody says.
这鱼很好吃。
This fish is delicious.
往这边摆。我可以再做一份。
Swing it this way. I could handle another helping.
不要讲有趣的东西。把那些公爵放在盘子里。
And no funny stuff. Keep those dukes on the platter.
他说了什么?
What did he say?
他说你在对付一条鱼时真是个了不起的人……
He says you’re a hell of a man in action against a fish…
…如果是一条死鱼。
…if it’s a dead fish.
很有趣。
Very funny.
爸爸总是说成功和失败的唯一区别是…
Daddy always says the only difference between a success and a failure…
…成功者看到机会就知道,而失败者则不然。
…is that a success knows an opportunity when he sees it, and a failure doesn’t.
不用担心我是否认识到了机会。
Well, don’t worry about me recognizing an opportunity.
哦,汉克。当我告诉爸爸,他会为你感到骄傲的。
Oh, Hank. When I tell Daddy, he’ll be so proud of you.
汉娜?收获是什么?
Hannah? What was the take?
爷爷,请不要喊了。
Grandfather, please stop shouting.
汉娜,他们是用银子还是纸在你的手掌上交叉呢?
Did they cross your palm with silver or paper, Hannah?
不不,不要再大喊大叫了,我们在吃午饭。
Nonno, no more shouting, we’re having lunch.
周时间,外公。
Chow time, Gramps.
他们总共花了多少钱?
How much did they come across with?
他不停地叫喊。
He won’t stop shouting.
外公。5美元。
Gramps. Five dollars.
我把它放在你口袋里了。
I’m putting it in your pocket.
我们不能接受小费,Shannon先生。
We can’t accept gratuities, Mr. Shannon.
哦,见鬼,只是比索。
Oh, hell, it was only pesos.
是啊,我们要把这地方打扫干净。
Yeah, we’re going to clean up in this place.
我们一定会把这里打扫干净的,爷爷。
You bet we’re going to clean up here, Gramps.
如果有鸡尾酒会,我们应该先去那里。
If there’s a cocktail lounge, we ought to work that first.
趁热打铁。
Strike while the iron is hot.
虽然很热。
While it’s hot.
喂?
Hello?
喂?
Hello?
说话。
Speaking.
我能为您做些什么吗?
Anything I can do for you?
谁?
Who?
香农。
Shannon.
有电♥话♥找你。埃尔帕索。叫人。
You’re wanted on the blower. El Paso. Person-to-person.
这是你期待已久的时刻,费罗斯小姐。
This is the moment you’ve awaited, Miss Fellowes.
那将是我的尊重,但不是我的雇主。
That will be my esteemed, but not by me, employer.
我现在将向你们展示一个正直的人是如何带来一个几乎…
I will now demonstrate to you how a man of integrity brings an almost…
…无法解决的局面即将告一段落。
…insoluble situation to a triumphant conclusion.
我是t·劳伦斯·香农牧师。
The Reverend T. Lawrence Shannon speaking.
布莱克先生,你好吗?你打电♥话♥来真是太好了。
Well, Mr. Blake, how are you? Nice of you to call.
真希望你能和我们在一起。这里的空气就像春天的美酒……
Wish you were down here with us. The air’s like spring wine down here…
…每年这个时候。
…at this time of year.
什么意思,放在酱汁上?你知道的,布莱克先生。
What do you mean, on the sauce? You know me better than that, Mr. Blake.
我不在乎科珀斯克里斯蒂的法官怎么说。
I don’t care what any judge in Corpus Christi says.
你知道,我也知道,我是一个定期被任命的福音牧师。
You know and I know that I am a regularly ordained minister of the gospel.
– Shannon,你现在被解雇了。 -现在,等一下,你这个零胖。
– Shannon, you’re fired as of right now. – Now, wait a minute, you big fat zero.
让我告诉你。
Let me tell you something.
导游就像一艘船的船长。
A tour conductor is like the captain of a ship.
公共汽车一离开终点站,就由他一人发号♥施令。
Once the bus leaves the terminal he is in sole command.
我向你保证…
And let me assure you…
…Shannon开着一辆紧绷绷的巴士。
…that Shannon runs a taut bus.
一辆非常紧的公共汽车。我已经过去了…
A very taut bus. I’ve taken it past…
致命的浅滩和深海的危险
…deadly shoals and all the perils of the deep.
当然,打个比方。我仍然是统治者。
Figuratively speaking, of course. And I remain in command.
我口袋里有我的命令符号♥。
I have here in my pocket the symbol of my command.
就在这里,在我的口袋里。
Right here, in my pocket.
你不能解雇一个拥有分销商主管的人。
You cannot fire a man who has the distributor head.
Shannon可以取消Blake的巡演…
Shannon can fire Blake’s Tours…
…但是布莱克的巡演不能炒香农的鱿鱼。
…but Blake’s Tours cannot fire Shannon.
-这次旅行将在和平与团结中结束。- Shannon,你被解雇了
– This tour will end in peace and unity. – You’re fired, Shannon!
香农将会获胜。
Shannon will emerge triumphant.
汉克,你不为我感到骄傲吗?作为我的组员…
Well, Hank, aren’t you proud of me? As a member of my crew…
…你不为我感到骄傲吗?
…aren’t you proud of me?
汉克,你知道的…那个闪光给了你个性,汉克。
Hank, you know that… That shiner gives you character, Hank.
嘿,住手,你这只大狒狒。
Hey, lay off, you big baboon.
我得到了它。我知道了,我知道了。我得到它!
I got it. I got it, I got it. I got it!
那是为了表明我有多恨你。
That’s to show how I hate you.