我现在不能用它开支票。没有什么可以提取的了。
I can’t draw a check on it now. There’s nothing left to draw out.
天啊,你身上有血迹。
Oh, Lord, you’ve got blood stains on it.
我很抱歉地告诉你,你和我一样危险……
I’m sorry to tell you that you’re as dangerous…
…因为你年轻可爱。
…as you are young and lovely.
正是你的年轻和可爱让你变得如此危险。
And it’s your being young and lovely that makes you so dangerous.
这就给了你一个毁灭的人的毁灭潜力。
And that gives you this destructive potential over a destructible man.
我们不回去了。
We’re not going back.
我们会一起待在这里。
We’ll stay here together.
住在这里,像弗莱彻·克里斯蒂安和那个本地女孩那样的流浪汉。
Live here, be beachcombers like Fletcher Christian and that native girl.
生活在阳光下。你要嫁给我了,拉里。
Living in the sun. You’re going to marry me, Larry.
天啊,不,不。
Oh, Lord, no, no.
对你这种状况不稳定的女孩来说,没有什么比这更糟糕了…
And nothing could be worse for a girl in your unstable condition…
…和我这种状况不稳定的人混在一起
…to be mixed up with a man in my unstable condition.
因为两个人在不稳定的条件下…
Because two people in unstable conditions…
…就像两个局势不稳定的国家。
…are like two countries facing each other in unstable conditions.
其潜在的破坏性可能会把整个世界炸成碎片…
The destructive potential could blow the whole world to bits…
…过去所有的修复。
…past all repair.
你光脚走在玻璃上。
You’re walking barefoot on glass.
我会踩着硫磺走过地狱…
I would walk on brimstone through hell…
…让你离开我的房♥间现在你可以离开我的房♥间了。
…to get you out of my room. Now will you get out of my room.
我不相信你不爱我了。
I don’t believe you don’t love me.
我爱……我喜欢没有人。
I love… I love nobody.
我知道任何人都不可能意识到自己不被爱……
I know it’s practically impossible for anybody to realize they’re not loved…
…当他们爱上某人时,他们认为自己爱上了他。
…when in love with somebody they think they’re in love with.
如果你不爱我,你就不能光脚踩玻璃。
You couldn’t walk barefoot on glass if you didn’t love me.
我赤脚走在玻璃上,因为你不会离开我一个人。
I’m walking barefoot on glass because you won’t leave me alone.
好吧,我也这么做。我会走在玻璃上,我会和你一起流血而死。
All right, I’ll do it too. I’ll walk on glass and I’ll bleed to death with you.
不,你不会这么做的。你将离开我的房♥间,离开我的生活。
No, you won’t do this. You will get out of my room and out of my life.
不,放下我。不!
No, put me down. No!
你不会再靠近我了,明白吗?
You will not come near me again, understand?
让我下来。我讨厌你!
Put me down. I hate you!
你毁了我的生活。
You’ve ruined my life.
你杀了我,杀了我!
You’ve killed me, killed me!
让我失望!
Put me down!
这是什么,Shannon先生?
What is this, Mr. Shannon?
地狱和诅咒。
Hell and damnation.
你的脚在流血。
Your feet are bleeding.
我房♥间的地板上到处都是玻璃。
There’s glass all over the floor in my room.
坐下来。我房♥间里有消毒剂和手术纱布。
Sit down. I have antiseptics and surgical gauze in my room.
太棒了。绝对精彩。
Fantastic. Absolutely fantastic.
“棒极了”似乎是你最喜欢的词,Shannon先生。
That word “fantastic” seems to be your favorite word, Mr. Shannon.
Jelkes小姐……
Miss Jelkes…
…我们生活在两个层面上。
…we live on two levels.
只有两个?
Just two?
幻想和现实是我们生活的两个层面。
The fantastic level and the realistic level are the two levels upon which we live.
但哪一个才是真的呢?
But which is the real one really?
两者都有,Shannon先生。
I would say both, Mr. Shannon.
但当你生活在一个美好的境界…
But when you live on the fantastic level…
…就像我最近做的越来越多,但必须在现实的层面上操作…
…as I have more and more lately, but have to operate on the realistic level…
…那就是你被吓到的时候。
…that’s when you get spooked.
我吓坏了,杰克斯小姐。
And I am spooked, Miss Jelkes.
编年史不再金色
A chronicle no longer gold
与金子讨价还价
A bargaining with mist of gold
在那里。
There.
现在我去把你房♥间的碎玻璃清理干净。
Now I’ll go and clear up the broken glass in your room.
别为那事操心了。如果你能把我的鞋子带来……
Don’t bother about that. If you’d be kind enough to bring my shoes…
…您能把我的办公领给我吗?它在地板上。
…and could you let me have my clerical collar? It’s on the floor.
香农先生,你打算今晚在这里举♥行♥教堂仪式吗?
Are you planning to conduct a church service here tonight, Mr. Shannon?
不,我只是打算…
No, I just plan to do…
…什么都没有。
…nothing.
哦,如果你愿意的话,把那个分电器头给我拿来。
Oh, and bring me that distributor head, if you would.
这个吗?
This?
就是这样。
That’s it.
如果你不打算主持一项服务,为什么要穿这件不舒服的衣服呢?
If you’re not going to conduct a service, why get into this uncomfortable outfit?
因为我被指责被剥夺了资格,而且在这方面撒谎,这就是原因。
Because I’ve been accused of being defrocked and lying about it, that’s why.
我要向这些女士们证明,我仍然是一个穿长袍的福音牧师。
I will demonstrate to these ladies that I’m still a frocked minister of the gospel.
恐怕没用了,Shannon先生。
I’m afraid it’s no use, Mr. Shannon.
领口太磨损了,连领扣都扣不住了。
The neckband’s so frayed, it won’t hold the collar button.
——噢,该死的。——汉娜!
– Oh, damn. – Hannah!
哦,上帝,他倒下了。
Oh, God, he’s fallen.
嗨,爷爷。
Hey, Grandpa.
你就在那里。
There you are.
但愿我的脉搏像他的一样稳定。
I wish my pulse were as steady as his.
你头晕吗,爷爷?
Did you feel dizzy, Grandfather?
不,不。
No, no.
我正在写我的新诗,然后…
I was working on my new poem and…
我的拐杖在哪里?
Where’s my cane?
给你,爷爷。
There you are, Grandpa.
我在用手杖打拍子,手杖滑倒了。
I was beating time with my cane and my cane slipped.
你最好休息一会儿。
You’d better rest a while.
是的。
Yes.
休息一段时间。
Rest a while.
他现在没事了,我们可以去外面谈。
He’ll be all right now, we can talk outside.
你为什么这样呼吸?
Why are you breathing like that?
有些人喝一杯…
Some people take a drink…
…其他人则服用药片。
…others take a pill.
我只是做了几次深呼吸。
I just take a few deep breaths.
嗯…
Well…
…不要害怕。
…don’t be frightened about it.
他太棒了,太棒了……
He was amazing, just amazing…
…直到他开始有这些小的,不管它们是什么,这些咒语。
…until he started having these little, whatever they are, these spells.
他们开始的时候,我…
When they started, I…
…试图说服他回南塔开特去,但他说,“不。墨西哥。”
…tried to persuade him to go back to Nantucket but he said, “No. Mexico.”
这就是墨西哥。
So Mexico it is.
他在任何地方都不肯休息,直到他到达海边。
And he wouldn’t rest anywhere, until he got to the sea.
他称之为“生命的摇篮”。
“The cradle of life,” as he calls it.
我们到了,Shannon先生。
So here we are, Mr. Shannon.
像风大的山顶上的两个稻草人…
Like a couple of scarecrows on this windy hilltop…
…越过生命的摇篮。
…over the cradle of life.
直线下降到地面,然后…
The plummeting to earth and then…
汉娜?汉娜?
Hannah? Hannah?
——是的,爷爷?-我很确定我能在这里结束。
– Yes, Grandfather? – I’m pretty sure I’m gonna finish it here.
我也有同样的感觉,爷爷。
I have the same feeling myself, Grandpa.
我这辈子对任何事都没有把握过。
I’ve never been surer of anything in my life.
我自己也从来没有把握过什么。
I’ve never been surer of anything in mine, either.
当然,你会完成这首诗的。哎呀,已经快完工了。
Of course, you’ll finish the poem. Why, it’s nearly finished already.
如果你想让我写点什么,我就在外面。
I’ll be outside if you want me to write something down.
他可能会睡一会儿。
He’ll probably sleep a while now.
杰尔克斯小姐,我可以…吗?我可以要一支你的香烟吗?
Miss Jelkes, may l…? May I have one of your cigarettes?
你绝对不能抽那些烟。
You must never smoke those.
它们是用从排水沟里取出的烟头做成的。
They’re made out of cigarette ends taken out of the gutters.
吃我的吧。
Have one of mine.
英制,进口的,装在密封的锡罐里。这是我生命中唯一的奢侈品。
English, imported, in an airtight tin. It’s my one luxury in life.
是的,谢谢,我会的,因为你把我的都扔掉了。
Yes, thank you, I will, since you’ve thrown mine away.
嗯…
Well…
…我要告诉你一些关于你自己的事情,杰克斯小姐。
…l’m going to tell you something about yourself, Miss Jelkes.
你是一位女士,一位真正的女士,一位伟大的女士。
You are a lady, a real one and a great one.
我做了什么才能得到你的称赞?
What have I done to merit that compliment from you?
你拿出香烟,发现只剩下两支。
Well, you took out your cigarettes, found out you only had two left.
即使是那样便宜的牌子,你也买♥♥不起另一包了。
You can’t afford to buy another pack of even that cheap brand…
…所以你把它们收起来以后再用,对吧?
…and so you put them away for later, right?
非常准确,Shannon先生。
Mercilessly accurate, Mr. Shannon.
可是当我向你要的时候,你却毫不迟疑地给了我。
But when I asked you for one, you gave me it without slightest sign of reluctance.
我认为你是在小题大做。
I think you’re making a big point out of a small matter.
哦,不,不。
Oh, no, no.
我要从一个非常非常大的物体中提出一个小的观点。
I’m making a small point out of a very, very large matter.
你在教堂里不活动有多久了,Shannon先生?
How long have you been inactive in the church, Mr. Shannon?
这和中国的大米价格有什么关系?
What’s that got to do with the price of rice in China?
——什么都没有。-它有什么用…
– Nothing. – And what’s it got to do…
…咖啡在巴西的价格?
…with the price of coffee in Brazil?