亲爱的,给他们看那个金十字架,那就证明了。
Honey, show them that gold cross, that’ll prove it.
你以为你骗过了我,不是吗,让你的情人取消了我的电♥话♥。
You thought you outwitted me, didn’t you, having your paramour here cancel my call.
费罗斯小姐,亲爱的,如果情郎真的像我想的那样…
Miss Fellowes, honey, if paramour means what I think it does…
…你在拿你的门牙赌博。
…you’re gambling with your front teeth.
我哥哥一直与布莱克的旅行团保持联♥系♥。
My brother has been in communication with Blake’s Tours.
他们向他保证,他们将采取行动,严厉的行动。
They’ve assured him that they will take action, drastic action.
你这是什么意思?
Just what do you mean by that?
-我有个合同…-你的合同毫无价值。
– I have a contract that provides… – Your contract is worthless.
我哥哥是一名法官。
My brother is a judge.
他已经通知你的雇主,他们不需要雇用…
And he has informed your employer that they are not required to employ…
…以引诱年轻女子为职业的男人。
…a man who makes a career of seducing young girls.
“诱惑!”是你让她推断出…
“Seducing!” Did you lead her to infer that…
拉里,你怎么会认为我…?
Larry, how could you think that l…?
我说的是事业。从弗吉尼亚的普莱森特山谷一路走来……
I said a career. All the way from Pleasant Valley, Virginia…
…去你昨晚骗我们进的那家可怕的旅馆。
…to that dreadful hotel that you tricked us into last night.
但这一职业生涯现在结束了。
But that career is now ended.
香农牧师,脱了袍子。
The Reverend Shannon, defrocked.
这是一个谎言。一个基地的谎言。
That’s a lie. A base lie.
我从来没有脱过脱。我只是被锁在我的教堂外面。
I was never defrocked. I was only locked out of my church.
散布那样的故事是诽谤。
Spreading a story like that is libel.
我可以采取法律行动。我将。这些女士是我的见证人。
I could take legal action. And I will. These ladies are my witnesses.
重复那样的故事会让你…
Repeating a story like that will get you…
我将向您展示。我会展示给大家看。
I’ll show you. I’ll show you all.
你不能说我被解雇了。
You can’t say that I was defrocked.
我将向您展示。我将向您展示。
I’ll show you. I’ll show you.
如果你不吃它,我想我最好去找点吃的。
Well, if you’re not gonna eat him, I guess I’d better see about some food.
这是什么乱七八糟的东西?
What’s this mess supposed to be?
汤。
Soup.
它燃烧!
Well, it’s burnt!
张……
Chang…
…我警告过你。
…l’ve warned you before.
我不允许这种东西出现在房♥子里,即使你在度假。
I don’t allow this stuff on premises, even if you’re on vacation.
你还记得你把它放进玉米卷里的那次吗?
You remember the time you got it in the enchiladas?
你打算怎么处理狗狗?
What are you gonna do with them dogfish?
我什么都不做。我在度假。
Me do nothing. Me on vacation.
佩德罗可以炒很多辣椒,让它变热。
Pedro can fry with plenty chili, make hot.
-为什么不蒸一下呢,福克太太?-不准客人进厨房♥。
– Why not steam it, Mrs. Faulk? – No guests allowed in the kitchen.
我可不可以帮忙吗?
Mayn’t I help?
请告诉我。
Please let me.
我在楠塔基特的渔港出生和长大。
I was born and bred in the fishing port of Nantucket.
我做过海里各种各样的鱼。
And I’ve cooked every kind of fish that swims in the sea.
除了鲸鱼,但它们是哺乳动物。
Except whales, but they’re mammals.
我知道你想干什么,亲爱的。
I know what you’re up to, honey.
你想做点有用的事我就让你和老爷爷免费待在这里。
You wanna make yourself useful so I’ll let you and old Gramps stay here free.
我不会做这么明显的事。
I wouldn’t do anything so obvious.
对你这种务实的女人可不行。
Not with a woman of your practicality.
不,我想在厨房♥帮忙…
No, my wanting to help in the kitchen…
请把刀给我好吗?
May I have the knife, please?
弯刀。
Machete.
只是我注意到…
It’s just that I’ve noticed a certain…
…对香农先生的仇恨
…animosity towards Mr. Shannon among the…
…在他的派对上,尤其是在……
…ladies in his party, particularly in the case of…
…费罗斯小姐,我想在她肚子里吃了一顿舒缓的饭菜……
…Miss Fellowes, and I think with a soothing meal inside her…
…这样可以使她的精神平静下来。
…it might soothe her spirit.
杰克斯小姐,亲爱的,你是个骗子。
Miss Jelkes, honey, you’re a hustler.
一个很棒,很酷的骗子。
A fantastic, cool hustler.
你彻底破产了,是吧?
You’re completely broke, huh?
是的,我们完全是。
Yes, we are, completely.
你说得好像很自豪似的。
You say that like you’re proud of it.
我并不为此感到骄傲,也不感到羞耻。
I’m not proud of it, or ashamed of it either.
这就是发生在我们身上的事情。
It just happens to be what’s happened to us.
你知道这意味着什么吗?
You know what that means?
不,我想我不知道。
No, I don’t think I do.
这是中文的“No sweat”。
It’s Chinese for “No sweat.”
我们的中国厨师这么说。
Our Chinese cook says it.
老弗雷德常说……
Old Fred used to say…
…这三个字概括了东方的全部智慧。
…that those three words summed up all the wisdom of the East.
——弗雷德?——我的丈夫。
– Fred? – My husband.
我已故的丈夫。
My late husband.
你失去他多久了,福克夫人?
How lately did you lose him, Mrs. Faulk?
大约三、四周前。
Three, almost four weeks ago.
也许我还没有意识到,老弗雷德要永远离开了。
Maybe it hasn’t dawned on me yet, old Fred being gone for good.
他好像去钓鱼了。他总是出去钓鱼。
It seems like he’s out fishing. He was always out fishing anyhow.
他几乎从不开口,除了喝醉了唱歌♥的时候。
He hardly ever opened his mouth, except when he got drunk and sang songs.
他就躺在吊床上,一整夜喝酒唱歌♥。
He’d lie out in that hammock and drink and sing all night long.
也没有客人抱怨过。
No guest ever complained either.
不然我就会告诉他们下山的路了。
Or I’d have shown them the straight way down the hill.
我相信你会的。
I’m sure you would.
我爱老弗雷德。
I loved old Fred.
我坚持下去的方式,比任何人猜想的都要多。除了弗雷德,他知道。
More than anybody would guess, the way I carried on. Except Fred, he knew.
你看,他比我大28岁。
You see, he was 28 years older than me.
不知道什么时候,我们也没睡过。
And we hadn’t slept together in I don’t know when.
弗雷德常说……
Fred used to say…
…他猜他是阳痿。但如果你问我,亲爱的,他就是完全失去了兴趣。
…he guessed he was impotent. But if you ask me, honey, he just plain lost interest.
他还对什么感兴趣,福克夫人?
What other interest did he have, Mrs. Faulk?
只有钓鱼。
Only fishing.
他会抓住他们,把他们扔回去。
He’d catch them, throw them back in.
除非它们吞下鱼钩,否则我们就把它们当晚餐吃了。
Unless they swallowed the hook, we’d have them for supper.
弗雷德自己生活,也让别人生活。
Fred lived and let live.
当我雇佣他们的时候…
When I hired them beach boys…
…弗雷德保健?
…Fred care?
当我开始和他们一起去游泳时,他有没有大发雷霆?地狱,没有。
Did he raise hell when I started going night swimming with them? Hell, no.
他只是整晚去钓鱼。
He just went night fishing all night long.
他一定是个了不起的人。
He must have been a remarkable man.
你说对了。
You said it.
有麻烦的人,就是每个人,都会来找老弗雷德倾诉。
People with troubles, and that’s everybody, used to come and spill them to old Fred.
他可以一直听下去。他比任何头脑清醒的人都要好……
And he could listen forever. He was better than any head shrinker…
…因为在你告诉他之前他就知道你在烦什么。
…because he knew what was bugging you even before you told him.
这就是为什么香农在受到惊吓时总是向米斯马洛亚走去。
That’s why Shannon always made for Mismaloya when he was spooked.
我记得有一次,他来这里不是正当的季节,就像现在。
I remember one time, he came down here out of season like now.
我继续为他做准备。
And I went on the make for him.
但香农没有,因为他和弗雷德的友谊。
But Shannon wasn’t having any, on account of his friendship with Fred.
好了,它们都准备好蒸了。
Well, they’re all ready for steaming.
我也是,杰克斯小姐,亲爱的,我也是。
So was I, Miss Jelkes, honey, so was I.
但我不能告诉他弗雷德根本不在乎。
But I couldn’t tell him that Fred didn’t give a damn.
这似乎对弗雷德不公平。
It didn’t seem fair to Fred.
我觉得你也是个了不起的人,福克夫人。
You know I think you’re quite a remarkable person too, Mrs. Faulk.
别想骗我,亲爱的。
Don’t you try to con me, honey.
我理解我。
I understand me.
我的生理需求还在。
I still got my biological urges.
沙滩男孩吗?
The beach boys?
是的。
Yup.
但即使是我也知道爱一个人的区别…
But even I know the difference between loving somebody…
…和他们一起睡觉。连我都知道。
…and just going to bed with them. Even I know that.
Nelly是位女士
Nelly was a lady
昨晚她死了
Last night she died
敲响钟声 为可爱的内尔
Toll the bell For lovely Nell
我黑暗的处♥女♥新娘
My dark Virginny bride
你不要进这个房♥间。不要跨过那个门槛。
Don’t you step in this room. Don’t step over that threshold.
别把我的生活搞复杂了。我发烧了。别把我的发烧搞复杂了。
Don’t complicate my life. I’ve got a fever. Don’t complicate my fever.
拉里,小心。你走在碎玻璃上。
Larry, watch out. You’re walking on broken glass.
——没关系。——站着不动。
– Never mind. – Stand still.
你割破了你的脚,在地板上留下了血迹。
You’re cutting your feet, leaving blood stains on the floor.
-谁看见你进来了?-只有鬣蜥。
– Who saw you come in here? – Nobody but an iguana.
-你的守护天使会大声呼喊。-让她嚎叫吧。
– Your guardian angel will be in full cry. – Let her howl.
我恨她,也恨那个在弗吉尼亚毁了你的贱♥人♥。
I hate her and I hate that little snitch of a bitch that ruined you in Virginia.
你在墨西哥毁了我。快起来,这是不雅的。
You’re ruining me in Mexico. Get off your knees, it’s indecent.
在那边坐下来。我想跟你解释一下。看课文,听录音。
Sit down over there. I want to explain something to you. Look and listen.
一个男人在他的情感银行里有这么多钱。
A man has got just so much in his emotional bank balance.
但是我的已经用完了。它是石头干。
But mine has run out. It’s stone dry.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!