…你,我,我爷爷…
…you, me, my grandfather…
…熬过这一晚并不容易。
…this won’t be an easy night to get through.
没有哭泣,没有祈祷
Without a cry, without a prayer
– 没有背叛的绝望> -解开我。
– With no betrayal of despair – Untie me.
——没有。——我恐慌。
– Not yet. – I’m panicking.
——我知道。一个人会死于恐慌。
– I know. – A man can die of panic.
当他像你一样喜欢的时候,Shannon先生。
Not when he enjoys it as much as you do, Mr. Shannon.
你这样侮辱是什么意思?
What do you mean by that insult?
你以为我喜欢被绑在吊床上,像屠宰场里的猪一样捆起来吗?
You think I like being tied in this hammock, trussed up like a hog in a slaughterhouse?
不,谁不想为自己的罪过赎罪……
No, who wouldn’t like to atone for the sins of themselves…
…如果能在吊床上用绳索吊床上完成……
…and the world if it could be done in a hammock with ropes…
…而不是钉在十字架上?
…instead of on a cross with nails?
在绿色的山顶上……
On a green hilltop…
…而不是在各各他,头骨的地方。
…instead of on Golgotha, the place of the skulls.
这不是比较舒服吗…
Isn’t that a comparatively comfortable…
…为了这个世界的罪恶而被折磨在十字架上,香农先生?
…almost voluptuous crucifixion to suffer for the sins of the world, Mr. Shannon?
-你为什么背叛我?-我没有背叛你
– Why have you turned against me? – I haven’t turned against you.
原以为你是无性的,却突然变成了女人。
Thought you were sexless, but you’ve suddenly turned into a woman.
你知道我怎么知道的吗?
You know how I know that?
因为是你,而不是我,在我被捆绑的时候感到快乐。
Because you, not me, are taking pleasure in my being tied up.
所有的女人,不管她们愿意不愿意面对…
All women, whether they want to face it or not…
…想看看一个男人被绑起来的样子。
…want to see a man in a tied-up situation.
她们花了一生的时间试图让男人陷入一种束缚的状态。
They spend their lives trying to get a man into a tied-up situation.
当她们有尽可能多的男人时,她们的生活就很充实了……
Their lives are fulfilled when they get as many men as they can…
陷入紧张的局面
…into a tied-up situation.
我想现在就给你松绑,但我做不到。
I’d like to untie you right now, but I can’t.
你相信人们会被绑起来吗?
You believe in people being tied up?
只有在他们可能长途跋涉到中国的时候。
Only when they might take the long swim to China.
漫长的游泳到中国…
The long swim to China…
香农!
Shannon!
-哦,是的。——停止。
– Oh, yeah. – Stop.
阻止它。停止它,香农。
Stop it. Stop it, Shannon.
我要打电♥话♥给洛佩斯医生。
I’m gonna call Dr. Lopez.
我会把你送到” Locos之家”
And I’m gonna have you carted off to the Casa de Locos.
-你会被关进牢房♥,一个人!,, !
– And you’ll be put in a cell, alone! – Off, off!
地板上放着干草,还有一个水桶。这就是一切!
With hay on the floor and a bucket. And that’s all!
了!了!了!
Off! Off! Off!
了!
Off!
-来,香农先生,把这个喝了——解开我!
– Here, Mr. Shannon, drink this. – Untie me!
你可以尽情地呼喊、嚎叫……
You can holler and howl to your heart’s content…
…在 de Locos之家。我整天整夜地哭。
…in the Casa de Locos. All day and all night.
我是一个拥有不可剥夺权利的公民。给我接领事。我要求见领事!
I’m a citizen with inalienable rights. Get me the consul. I demand to see the consul!
香农先生,请喝下罂粟籽茶。
Please, Mr. Shannon, drink this poppy seed tea.
福克斯寡妇坐在我身上,我怎么能这样呢?
How can I with the widow Faulk sitting on me?
来,把茶给我。我做了它。我会给他的。
Here, give me that tea. I made it. I’ll give it to him.
把这个喝了,你这秃鹫!
Drink this, you buzzard!
这是滚烫的。
It’s scalding.
谢谢,玛克辛。这就是我所需要的。
Thank you, Maxine. That’s all I needed.
我的嘴被灼伤了。
To have my mouth burned raw.
现在,如果你能把一些竹片塞到我的指甲里…
Now, if you could put some splinters of bamboo under my fingernails…
…割掉我的眼皮……-福克太太,让我来。
…and have my eyelids cut off… – Mrs. Faulk, let me.
好吧,亲爱的。
Okay, honey.
你完全接管了。
You take over completely.
他完全是你的。
He’s entirely yours.
玛克辛,我可以再提一个建议吗?
May I make a further suggestion, Maxine?
你为什么不和你的沙滩男孩去月光下洗澡呢?
Why don’t you go moonlight bathing with your beach boys.
不要让我的出现阻止你,就像老弗雷德的出现阻止你一样。
Don’t let my presence stop you, any more than old Fred’s presence used to stop you.
你这个混♥蛋♥!
You bastard!
佩佩。
Pepe.
佩德罗。
Pedro.
你毫无价值的混♥蛋♥!
You no-good bastard!
那太残忍♥了,Shannon先生。
That was cruel, Mr. Shannon.
幼稚地残忍♥。
Childishly cruel.
我不能容忍♥我所尊敬的人表现得像个残忍♥的小男孩。
I can’t stand for a person I respect to behave like a small, cruel boy.
现在,你尊敬我什么呢,单薄挺拔的佛女?
Now, what do you respect in me, Miss Thin-Standing-Up-Female-Buddha?
我尊重那些不得不…
I respect anybody who has had to…
…为他的尊严而战斗和嚎叫。
…fight and howl for his decency.
——什么尊严?——是的。他的尊严。
– What decency? – Yes. His decency.
和他……
And his…
他那份善良。
His bit of goodness.
我更尊重那些幸运的……
Far more than I respect those lucky ones who’ve…
…在他们出生的时候就已经拿到了……
…had theirs handed out to them at birth…
…从此再也没有被难以忍♥受的折磨夺去生命。
…and never afterwards snatched away from them by unbearable torments.
编年史不再金色
A chronicle no longer gold
与薄雾和模具讨价还价
A bargaining with mist and mold
听他说,一遍又一遍。
Listen to him, saying them over and over.
他新诗的诗句。
The lines of his new poem.
就像一个盲人爬上了没有尽头的楼梯。
Like a blind man climbing a staircase that leads nowhere.
你应该去帮他吗?
Should you be in there helping him?
他需要我的时候会打电♥话♥给我的。把这个喝了,Shannon先生。
He’ll call me when he needs me. Drink this, Mr. Shannon.
我没有权利问这个问题……
I have no right to ask the question…
…但你为什么要保护费罗斯小姐……
…but why did you go to such lengths to protect Miss Fellowes…
…你对他没有很高的敬意……
…for whom you have no high regard…
…和伤害福克夫人,你对她有什么关系?
…and to equal lengths to hurt Mrs. Faulk, for whom you have?
玛克辛的坚不可摧的。
Maxine’s indestructible.
她是吗?
Is she?
还是她只是给人留下了这样的印象?
Or does she just give that impression?
玛克辛给人的唯一印象就是她自己。玛克辛的玛克辛。
The only impression Maxine gives is herself. Maxine’s Maxine.
而我是个一无是处的混♥蛋♥。把它放在饮料上。我是个烂醉如泥的酒鬼。
And I’m a no-good bastard. Lay it to the drink. I’m a bad drunk.
你来救费罗斯小姐的时候喝醉了。
You were drunk when you came to Miss Fellowes’ rescue.
我还有醉醺醺的了。
I got drunker.
酒不是你的问题,Shannon先生。
Drink isn’t your problem, Mr. Shannon.
我有什么问题,杰克斯小姐?
And what is my problem, Miss Jelkes?
世界上最古老的一个。
The oldest one in the world.
相信某人或某事的需要。
The need to believe in someone, or something.
几乎任何人。几乎任何事情。
Almost anyone. Almost anything.
-你的声音听起来很绝望。-不,我不是没希望了。
– Your voice sounds hopeless about it. – Oh, no, I’m not hopeless about it.
事实上,我已经……我发现了一些值得相信的东西。
In fact, I’ve… I’ve discovered something to believe in.
什么?
What?
打破人与人之间的隔阂。
Broken barriers between people.
想要互相帮助。
A wanting to help each other.
熬过这样的夜晚。
Through nights like this.
一♥夜♥情♥。
One-night stands.
他们之间的一夜通信。
One-night communications between them.
在走廊上……
On a veranda…
…在他们各自的小隔间外面。
…outside their separate cubicles.
你不是说身体上的,对吧?
You don’t mean physically, do you?
——没有。-我以为你没有
– No. – I didn’t think you did.
没有精心设计的性♥交♥对于黄金般的存在而言
An intercourse not well-designed For beings of a golden kind
,其原生绿化率必须高于
Whose native green must arch above
地球的淫秽,堕落的爱
The earth’s obscene, corrupting love
这就是你为我提倡的吗?
Is that what you advocate for me?
这就是你和爷爷所谓的人际关系吗?
Is that what you call a human relationship, you and Grandpa there?
是的,香农先生。是的。是的,我喜欢。
Yes, Mr. Shannon. Yes. Yes, I do.
我们为彼此建立了一个家,我祖父和我。
We make a home for each other, my grandfather and I.
我不是指普通家庭,因为…
Oh, I don’t mean a regular home, because…
…我不认为家是…
…I don’t regard a home as a…
作为一个地方,一个建筑…
As a place, a building…
…砖、木头、石头。
…bricks, wood, stone.
我想到了一个家……
I think of a home…
…就像两个人之间的东西。
…as something two people have between them.
每个人都可以…
In which each can…
…巢,休息…
…nest, rest…
…从情感上来说,生活在其中。
…live in, emotionally speaking.
你明白了吗,Shannon先生?
Does that make any sense to you, Mr. Shannon?
是的,但是……
Yes, but…
好吧,继续。但是什么?
Well, go on. But what?
算了吧,我只会说些伤害你的话。
Oh, leave it, I’d only say something to hurt you.
我脸皮不薄,Shannon先生。
I’m not thin-skinned, Mr. Shannon.
很好。当一只鸟筑巢休息和生活时…
Very well. When a bird builds a nest to rest in and live in…