好瞒骗过去,因为她收了钱
She’s gonna lie because… Because she’s on the take.
钱能收买♥♥一切,对吧?钱就是她的上帝
Money again, right? Mammon, that’s her god.
这些法♥西♥斯♥同党
That fascist crony…
– 好了,好了 – 自私自利的傢伙
– Okay, okay. – …bogart!
好了,好了,稍微冷静点好吗?
All right, all right, just… Just back up a little bit.
为什麽不直接找警♥察♥呢?
Why not just go straight to the police?
她就是警♥察♥
She is the police.
她就是司法部的头头,好吗?
She’s the head of the Justice Department.
– 你这麽说也没错 – 找报纸爆料?
– You… You’ve got a point. – Okay, or the newspaper?
他们都是一伙的
They all work together.
天啊,你刚从山洞里鑽出来吗?
God, have you been living under a rock?
那好吧,可你的最佳方桉是
All right, so then your solution
拍部色情电影?
was you make a porn film.
那不是色情电影
It’s not a porno!
我有邻居的
HOLLAND: You know, I have neighbours.
– 我製作了一段声明 – 好
– I made a statement. – JACKSON: Right.
你们说的没错,我的声明裡包含有裸♥露♥镜头
And yeah, yeah, my statement contained nudity.
– 那种色情片的裸♥露♥镜头 – 是艺术电影
– Porno nudity. – AMELIA: Art.
那只是商业推广需要,好吗?
That’s just the commercial element, okay?
锡德说我们必须那样做
Okay? Sid said we had to have that.
我们实际的目的是想把讯息传达出去
And the reality was we were getting our message out there.
都包含在影片里了
And… And it was all in the film,
姓名,日期,一切内容
names and dates and everything,
我妈参与的一切勾当
everything that my mom was doing,
一旦影片传播出去,在影院上映
and once it was out there, once it was in theatres,
他们就不可能阻止得了了
there’s no way that they could suppress it.
掩盖也就是不可能的事了
There’s no way that they could cover it up.
那容我总结一下
HOLLAND: So let me get this straight.
你拍了部剧情才是看点的色情片?
You made a porno film where the point was the plot?
你到底想表达什麽啊?
What’s your hang-up, man?
重点不是性♥爱♥镜头
JACKSON: It’s not the sex.
是故事要传递的讯息
It’s… It’s what’s in the story.
我妈发现后
My mom found out.
就杀了迪恩,销毁了影片
She killed Dean and destroyed the film.
– 迪恩是你妈杀的? – 当然
– Your mom killed Dean? – Of course.
– 米丝蒂也是她杀的 – 锡德·沙特克呢?
– She killed Misty, too. – And Sid Shattuck?
她杀的
Yeah.
好吧,感觉像是开膛手杰克的故事
Okay, so it’s like Jack the Ripper
不过主角换成你妈了
and then your mom, basically.
– 那你接下来有什麽打算? – 我不知道
– So what are you gonna do? – AMELIA: I don’t know.
反正心力憔悴得很
I’m just really tired, you know.
那就这样吧
Uh, all right, okay. So, uh, you…
我们再讨论讨论,你休息一会儿吧
We’re just gonna talk about it and we’ll think and you get some rest.
嗯,你先休息下
Yeah, just get some rest.
你们怎麽看的?
What do you think?
– 我喜欢她 – 我喜欢她的裙子
– I like her. – I like her dress.
裙子是挺好看的
It’s a nice dress.
不过人就有点疯
But she’s a loon.
照她那麽说,她母亲简直就可以
According to her, her mother’s single-handedly
一手遮天啊
gonna wipe out all of Western society.
是啊
Well, yeah.
可是,的确有人想要杀她,对吧?
However, there are people trying to kill her, right?
– 像约翰·博伊 – 约翰·博伊是谁?
– Like John Boy. – Who’s John Boy?
他是《沃尔顿一家》里的 – 不是,是另一个约翰·博伊
– He’s on The Waltons. – No, different John Boy.
– 我们是这麽认为的 – 没错,可以肯定
– Well, we think. – Think, yeah. Pretty sure.
到时候就知道了
Can’t be sure, though. Yeah.
马奇先生,朱迪斯刚给我打了个电♥话♥
Mr March, I just got a call from Judith.
她也不给理由
She didn’t explain herself.
就让我去取10万块现金给她
Said she needed $100,000 in cash.
– 10万块?为什麽? – 我也不清楚
– $100,000? Why? – I don’t know.
我觉得她可能捲入了
I think she’s involved
什麽不法交易
in something shady maybe.
她女儿肯定会表示赞同的
Well, her daughter certainly seems to think so.
艾蜜莉雅?你找到艾蜜莉雅了?
What, Amelia? You found Amelia?
是的
Yes.
她掉到我们的车上
She fell on our car.
我们正说话呢,她突然掉我们车上
We were just talking and she fell on our car.
她就在我这,你应该过来一趟
Anyway, she’s here. You should come over.
我让家庭医生马上过去
I… I’ll send the family doctor.
呃
Okay, look,
– 马奇先生 – 请叫我霍兰德
– Mr March… – Holland, please.
送钱这事让我有些害怕
I’ve got a bad feeling about this.
你能帮我把钱送过去吗?
Would you be willing to carry the money for me?
我要是知道相信谁就好了
I wish I knew who to believe on this one.
那孩子吓坏了,我只能这麽说了
Well, the kid’s a write-off, I’ll tell you that much.
也许双方说的都是真话
Maybe they’re both telling the truth.
我们在楼下
We’re downstairs.
她马上就下来
She’s coming down.
双方说的都是真话?你这是什麽意思?
What do you mean, they’re both telling the truth?
那怎麽说的通?
What the fuck does that mean?
我有个朋友
I got a friend, right?
特勤处的,尼克森的手下
Secret Service. Worked the Nixon detail.
这是他下台后的事
This was after they threw him out of office.
不了,呃
No. Anyway, you know,
尼克森一天开车出去,在圣克莱门特周边兜风
Nixon’s driving around one day around San Clemente.
– 就他和几个特工 – 嗯
– Just him and a few agents. – Yeah.
他们刚好遇见一场车祸
And they come across this car accident, right?
有个人被压在车下
There’s a guy pinned under a car.
于是尼克森下了车,跑过去查看那人的情况
Anyway, Nixon gets out, runs over to check on the guy,
他蹲下,对那人说道
you know, leans down, and Nixon says to him,
你不会有事的,小兄弟,你会活下来的
“You’re gonna be okay, son. You’re gonna be all right.”
话刚说完,那人就嚥气了
And right then the guy dies.
我没听明白
I don’t get it.
你站在当事人的角度来想想,好吗?
Think about it from that guy’s point of view, okay?
死了的那个人
The guy who died.
他正躺在地上
He’s lying there on the ground,
瞪着天空,就要不行了
staring up at the sky, near death,
然后前总统理查·尼克森突然出现在他面前
and then former president Richard Nixon appears before him
还安慰他
and tells him he’s gonna be fine.
他会以为这很正常吗?对不对?
Now, did he think that’s normal, right,
有多少人死前能见到尼克森的?
that before they die, everybody sees Nixon?
你期盼着天使,尼克森却出现了
You’re expecting an angel and you get Nixon.
– 就是这个意思,对吧 – 嗯
– Exactly. Right? – Yeah.
都是同样的情形,只是以完全不同的视角来看
It’s the same situation, just a vastly different point of view.
所以每件事都可以从2个方面来解读?
So there’s two ways to look at something.
对
Yeah.
这就是故事的主旨?
That’s the point of the story?
– 没错 – 那你直说不就完了
– Yeah. – Yeah, just say that.
什麽?
What?
我正津津有味的听着你讲的故事
Well, you just lead me on this epic fucking journey with this story,
可十分钟后,突然撂下个「每件事都可以从2个方面来解读」
and 10 minutes later, the point is that there’s two ways to look at something.
你直说不就完了
Just… You could just say that.
你不喜欢我讲的故事?
You didn’t like that story?
– 那我岂不是很没人情味 – 就是啊
– That would be awful. – Wouldn’t it, right?
– 嗯 – 很不爽,对吧?
– Yeah. – It would suck, right?
– 噢 – 嘿
– Oh. – HOLLAND: Hey.
谢天谢地
Thank God.
10万块,我亲自装好的
$100,000. Packed it myself.
真的
Just…
能有你们俩个好心人帮忙,真是万幸啊
It’s not common you find such nice people in the world.
抱歉,我没叫他来的
I’m sorry about him.
他只是想主动帮忙而已,我也不明白
He just wanted to come along. I don’t know why.
稍后我会给你电♥话♥的,我们送完货后
But I’ll call you, you know, when we make the drop.
谢谢了
Thank you.
你有没有一丝紧张?
HOLLAND: Are you nervous at all?
我吗?不会,我有保险的
Me? No. I got insurance.
– 藏在这的宝贝 – 脚踝枪?
– This baby right here. – Is that an ankle gun?
– 藏在脚踝上的备用枪,没错 – 真是个好东西
– That is an ankle gun, yeah. – That’s pretty sweet.
嗯哼
Uh-huh.
我握着方向盘就要睡着了
I’m falling asleep at the wheel here, man.