不知道你会不会惊讶
”You may or may not be surprised
我离开我丈夫了
to learn that l’ve left my husband.”
不要从罐子里挖着吃
Not out of the jar.
试试看嘛
Try it.
一个我要假装怀孕来试探他的男人
”Any man who made me feel desperate enough to feign
不值得我留恋
a pregnancy wasn’t worth fighting for.”
好吃吗?
lsn’t it good?
好吃
Yeah…
真好吃
it is good.
我有信心,假以时日
”So l’m pretty confident that in time,
我和格雷尔一定会处得很好
we’ll be getting along just fine.”
真是太好吃了
Yeah, it’s really good!
超好吃的
Really good!
请别忘了我衷心祝福你
”Please know that l wish you all the best in life.”
你的挚友…
”Sincerely…
…亚莉珊卓
Alexandra.”
附注:
”P.S….”
很高兴告诉你
”l’m happy to report that
格雷尔一天比一天
Grayer asks for you a little bit less every day…”
更少问起你了
”and every night.”
走吧 -好
Come on. -Okay.
我们去别的地方
Let’s get out of here.
我今晚要跟我爸去看洋基队比赛
l’m catching a Yankees game with my dad tonight.
好像不赖嘛 -对啊
Sounds wonderful.
大多数的人类学家都相信
There’s a popular belief amongst anthropologists…
你要融入一个陌生的文化里
that you must immerse yourself in an unfamiliar world…
才能真正了解自己的文化
in order to truly understand your own.
我要先走了
Probably gotta get going soon, actually.
晚点儿再找你?
See you later tonight?
我会等你的
l certainly hope so.
结论是…
ln conclusion
希望这份考察日记能启发那些
l hope this field diary has been illuminating…
在评估我的研究所申请书的人
for those considering my application to graduate school.
我自己是学到了不少
lt certainly has been for me.
误打误撞当了一个夏天的保姆
After a lost summer of being ”Nanny”
我终于了解“安妮”是谁了
l finally got to know ”Annie”.
(安妮布瑞达) (住所:琳娜的沙发上)
(职业:研究生) (年收入不详,目前热恋中)
多亏了一个叫格雷尔的小男孩
Thanks to a little man named Grayer…
我只渡过了纽约哈德逊河
l only had to trek across the Hudson River…
就找到了自己
to make this most amazing discovery.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!