Nanny
保姆,别离开我!
Nanny, don’t leave me!
保姆!
Nanny!
格雷尔!
Grayer.
什么?
What?!
去吧,小狗,你忙你的
Go ahead, puppy, do your business.
在哪儿都行
Anywhere you like.
乖狗狗
Good puppy!
保姆监视器藏在哪里?
Nanny Cam, where are you hiding?
你想监视老娘?
You want Nanny Cam, lady?
老娘就给你“保姆也抓狂”
l’ll give you ”Nannies Gone Wild”!
我毕生最勇于面对冲突的一刻
And this is how the most significant confrontation in my life…
是面对一只泰迪熊
happened with a teddy bear.
在实地考察突然被迫中止以后
After the abrupt termination of my field work…
我花了时间搞清楚整个情况
l took some time to make sense of all that l had witnessed.
在这段期间
During this period, l read that critics of anthropology believe…
我看了人类学评论观察文化 就能顺其自然地改变它
thatjust by observing a culture, you inevitably change it.
我经常想起格雷尔
And the many times that l thought of Grayer…
暗自希望那些评论
l secretly hoped those critics
说得是对的
were right.
(与珍古德分♥析♥保姆监视影带) (保姆勿入)
这是我最近一任保姆闯祸的影带
This is a tape of my latest nanny disaster.
她根本就是个问题保姆
She was extremely problematic, to say the least.
她不管格雷尔,又喝酒
She neglected Grayer, she drank.
甚至还挑逗我老公
She even flirted with my husband.
我最后开除了她
l finally had to fire her
因为她和同栋楼的男生行为越轨
for promiscuous behavior with a boy in the building.
这卷影带证明
This videotape shows her feeding
她直接从罐子里挖花生酱和果酱
my child peanut butter and jelly…
喂食我儿子
directly from the jar.
我记得这个保姆,她很特立独行
l remember this nanny. She had a very peculiar attitude.
一起看吧
Let’s watch.
要去海边渡假了,你开心吗?
You excited about going to Nantucket?
开心啊
Yes.
那就闭上眼睛
Then why don’t you close your eyes
梦想在海边堆沙堡吧
and you can dream about building sand castles?
我爱你,保姆
l love you, Nanny.
晚安
Good night.
一定是放错卷了
This must be the wrong tape.
这一段我没看过
l’ve never seen this one before.
看完再说,会有心得的
Let it play out. We’ll get something good.
问题出现了 大问题
That’s a problem! Big problem.
好了,X太太
Okay, Mrs. X,
我教你几个简单的育儿规则
now it’s time for a few simple child-care rules.
好吧,泰迪熊被入侵了
All right. The teddy bear has been compromised.
在小孩面前把门关上是不行的
Slamming the door in your kid’s face is not okay!
花时间在陌生小孩的慈善活动上
Spending more time on a benefit for kids you’ve never met…
而不理自己的小孩
than you do with your own blood
是不行的
is not okay!
你儿子高烧40度
Going to a spa when your son
你在作SPA又不回电♥话♥
has a fever of 104…
证明你是个失职的母亲
and not answering emergency calls –That officially makes you an unfit mother!
太离谱了,快关掉
This is outrageous. Stop the tape.
不,这个保姆满腹怨言
No. This is clearly a disgruntled nanny.
或许能学到什么
We might have something to learn here.
我知道你忙着弄头发
l know that you’re busy with your hair
还要去给人按♥摩♥
appointments and your watsu massages…
你想永保青春免得老公抛弃你
and your attempts to stay young so your husband won’t leave you.
但重点是…
But here’s an idea – why don’t you try…
你怎么不偶尔陪小孩吃顿晚饭?
eating dinner with your child every once in a blue moon.
警告你,偶尔要笑一下
And a heads-up here, lady.
大家都觉得你很机车
Try smiling once in a while. People hate you!
至于你,X先生
As for you, Mr. X,
你算哪根葱?
who the hell are you?
你可能也想问我同样的问题
Maybe you’re asking the same about me.
我知道你在瞄我的屁♥股♥
l know you’ve noticed my ass…
但你可能没认出我的脸
but you probably don’t recognize my face,
给你一点提示吧
so here’s a little hint.
我是来帮你养儿子的
l’m the one who’s been raising your son.
格雷尔不是服装配件
Grayer is not an accessory.
不是妈妈邮购来的
His mother didn’t order him from a catalogue.
你儿子
Your son,
你老婆
your wife…
都是你的家人
are people in your home.
他们都活在渴望中
Human beings who are drowning in their desire…
渴望你多看他们几眼
for you to just look at them.
其实我不希望你们任何人受伤害
The truth is l don’t wish either of you harm…
不为别的原因
if for no other reason than you having…
只因为你们是格雷尔的父母
the profound privilege of being Grayer’s parents.
格雷尔爱你们
Grayer loves you.
他不在乎你们穿什么
He doesn’t care what you’re wearing
不在乎你们买♥♥什么给他
or what you buy him or what school he gets into.
或念什么学校 他只要你们陪他 如此而已
He just wants you there. That’s it.
时间不多了
And time’s running out.
他不会永远那么无条件爱你们
He won’t love you unconditionally that much longer.
所以为了你们好 别错失了解他的机会
So for your own good, don’t miss out on getting to know him.
他真的是个很了不起的小家伙
He is truly an amazing, amazing little person.
失陪一下
Excuse me.
没问题
Of course.
女人要在社会上生存困难多了
lt’s a much tougher game out there for women.
我们天生就要面对一些难题
Nature deals us some tricky cards.
有那么难理解吗?
ls that so hard to understand?
没有
No.
我不知道,我只是…
l don’t know. l just…
你不打算进金融业了吧
So l guess you’re not going into finance.
我不觉得有钱会过得比较轻松
l don’t think that having money makes it any easier.
我现在知道了
l know that now.
没关系
lt’s okay.
这是你的人生
lt’s your life.
我个人认为你错得离谱
Personally, l think you’re making a big mistake.
但这是你的人生
But it is your life.
我要你快乐
l want you to be happy.
(奖学金申请表)
(人类学)

Hey.
海登
Hayden.
对,我忘了说他叫海登
Oh, that’s right. l forgot to mention his name is Hayden.
我一旦说出来了
And once l let myself say it
就很难戒掉这个习惯
it was a habit that was pretty hard to break.
不错那,奖学金比我想像中更多
lt’s going pretty good, actually. There’s more scholarships out there than l thought.
你怎么现在才来?
Why are you so late?
因为我要拿东西给你
Because l have something for you.
是你的前雇主给的
lt’s from your former employer.
什么?
What?
她去12楼拦截我
She cornered me on the 12th floor.
要我把这个交给你
Figured l could get to you before she could.
我不想看
l don’t want to read this.
我念给你听?
Why don’t l read it to you?

Okay.
亲爱的安妮…
”Dear Annie…”
我们好几个月没联络了
”lt’s been months since we’ve spoken,
但我每天都忘不了
but the things you said on
你在影片中说的话
that tape haunt me every day.”
现在回想起来,我无言以对
”And now looking back, l don’t know what to say…
只能说声谢谢你
except thank you…”
还有对不起
”and l’m sorry.”
你说得对
”You were so right.
我拥有一切
Of all my privileges,
最重要的就是格雷尔
Grayer is my greatest.”
我很感谢有人把我点醒
”l desperately needed someone to show me that.
你点醒了我
You did.”
光凭这点,我就欠了你大人情
”And for that, l owe you the world.”

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!