并且在这个圣洁的地方, 作出了龌齰下流的事情
…and has practiced her diabolical ritual within this hallowed place.
Salvatore有罪
Guilty is Salvatore…
他坦承了自己曾为异教派的过去
…who has confessed to his heretical past…
还当场被抓到和妖女在一起!
…and was caught in flagrante delicto with a witch!
Remigio·de·Varagine有罪…
Guilty is Remigio de Varagine…
除了对自己的异教思想, 毫无悔改之意以外…
…who, in addition to being unrepentant of his heresies…
在杀了Severinus还企图逃逸, 并且被当场逮捕
…was caught attempting to escape after murdering Severinus.
那不是真的!
That’s a lie!
我没有杀那个草药医生, 或是修道院中的任何人!
I never killed the herbalist or anyone else in this abbey!
因此我请求你…
I therefore request you…
确认我的判决, 院长大人
…to confirm my sentence, my lord abbot.
我的心满是悲伤…
My heart is filled with sorrow…
但我却找不到理由辩驳…
…but I can find no reason to contest…
神圣法庭的公正裁决
…the just sentence of the Holy Inquisition.
那你呢? 贝克镇的William?
And you, William of Baskerville?
是的
Yes.
他有罪
He is guilty.
错在年轻时候…
Guilty of having, in his youth…
误解了基♥督♥教教义的内涵
…misinterpreted the message of the gospels.
还有错在误把劫富济贫…
And he is guilty of having confused…
当成是爱护穷♥人♥
…the love of poverty with the blind destruction of wealth and property.
但是, 院长, 他是清白的…
But, my lord abbot, he is innocent of the crimes…
他并没有血染你的修道院
…that have bathed your abbey in blood.
因为Remigio并不懂希腊文
For Brother Remigio cannot read Greek.
而这整件离奇的事情…
And this entire mystery…
全是为了要盗取一本希腊文书
…hinges on the theft and possession of a book written in Greek…
而书就被藏在图书馆里
…and hidden in some secret part of the library.
既然法庭的裁定有所争议…
Since the verdict of the Inquisition has been disputed…
我们有义务令犯人招认杀人一罪
…we are obliged to extract the prisoner’s confession to murder.
带他到熔铁炉那里去, 让他看看那些家伙
Take him to the forge and show him the instruments.
我什么都肯招…
I’ll confess anything you want…
只要别折磨我
…but don’t torture me.
我撑不过去的, 不像Salvatore
I can’t live through it, not like Salvatore.
很好
Very well.
你为什么要杀了他们?
Why did you kill them?
为什么?
Why?
我不知道为什么
I don’t know why.
因为你受了恶魔的指使吗? -是的
Because you were inspired by the devil? -Yes.
就是这样, 我是受了恶魔的指使
That’s it. I was inspired by the devil.
我受了恶魔的指使!
I am inspired by the devil!
亚得米勒, 魔王, 我召唤你们, 地狱的使者!
Adrammelech, Lucifer, I summon you, lords of hell!
亚拉思妥耳!
Alastor!
阿撒兹勒!
Azazel!
牧羊人已经尽了他的责任
The shepherd has done his duty…
被污染的羊只现在必须要火化
…and the infected sheep must now be consigned to the purifying flame.
你或许可以烧死Remigio…
You may burn Brother Remigio…
但你将无法阻止修道院内的犯行
…but you will not stop the crimes being committed in this abbey.
其他修道士也将葬身此处…
Other monks will meet their deaths here…
而他们同样也会有黑色的手指…
…and they also will have blackened fingers…
以及黑色的舌头!
…and blackened tongues!
大人, 我求你
Your Eminence, I beg of you.
William弟兄的大放厥词, 也把我们方济会人吓坏了
We Franciscans are appalled by Brother William’s outburst.
又一次, 我们目睹你袒护异教♥徒♥,
Again, we have seen that your theories…
也因而导致惨案的发生
…protect heretics and lead to murder.
这场争辩已经有了结论 -不
The debate is concluded. -No.
看来贝克镇的William弟兄…
It seems Brother William of Baskerville has relapsed…
又重蹈覆辙了
…into the errors of which he was formerly purged.
再度庇护异教♥徒♥…
Having sought yet again to shield a heretic…
使其免受宗教法庭的惩罚
…from just punishment by the Inquisition…
他将随我至亚维农, 将我的判决…
…he will accompany me to Avignon for confirmation of my sentence…
交由崇高的约翰教皇进行确认
…by His Holiness Pope John.
我是对的
I’m right.
除非我能找到那本书, 才能证明Bernardo是错的
If only I could find the book and prove that Bernardo Gui was wrong.
但是反基♥督♥教者又再度赢得胜利…
But the Antichrist was victorious once more…
而且似乎没有任何事情可以阻挠他
…and nothing seemed to be able to hinder him further.
Come.
当火葬用的柴堆于今晚点燃时…
When the pyres are lighted tonight…
就让火焰净化存于他内心的每个人
…let the flames purify each of us in his own heart.
让我们回到修道院的重要意义
Let us return to what was and ever should be the office of this abbey.
知识的保存
The preservation of knowledge.
我是说”保存”, 而不是”寻找”
“Preservation,” I say, not “search for.”
因为知识并不会有任何进展…
Because there is no progress in the history of knowledge…
而是一连串的伟大重现
…merely a continuous and sublime recapitulation.
现在让我们赞颂全能的天神…
Let us now praise the Almighty…
将邪恶的反基♥督♥教♥徒♥…
…that the bloody-eyed and cloven-hoofed Antichrist…
驱逐出我们的圣地
…has been purged from our sacred precincts…
同时让我们全体修道士重获平静
…and our monastery has returned to peace.
它拥有一千只蝎子的力量! 他告诉我的
It had the power of 1000 scorpions! He told me.
谁告诉你的? 他的舌头是黑色的!
Who told you? His tongue is black!
他的手指跟沥青一样黑
His fingers as black as pitch…
就跟William弟兄说得一样 -Adso!
…just as Brother William foretold. -Adso!
是Malachia弟兄 -Malachia?
It’s Brother Malachia. -Malachia?
是的, 神父 -主啊
Yes, Father, yes. -Dear God.
千万不要是Malachia!
Not Malachia!
难道永远都不会结束吗?
Will it never end?
Malachia
Malachia.
Bernardo, 贝克镇的William是对的
Bernardo, William of Baskerville was right.
他说过… -没错! 他早就知道了
He said that… -Yes! He knew.
要是我是凶手, 我也一定会知道
Just as I, too, would have known, had I been the murderer.
去把贝克镇的William找来
Find William of Baskerville.
我们还是打不开这面镜子!
We still can’t open the mirror!
或许要压下”四”, 这个字的第一和第七个字母
Perhaps by pressing the first and seventh letters of “four.”
“四”这个英文字只有四个字母! -用拉丁文, Adso
“Four” only has four letters! -In Latin.
记得刻在镜子上面的拉丁文吗?
Quatuor, remember? The inscription above the mirror?
但是我们得先按下某个偶像
But we have to press above an idol.
那不是指拉丁文里的”偶像”, 而是指希腊文的图像
Not “idolum,” as in the Latin, but “eidolon,” as in the Greek.
意思就是”影像”或是”反射”, 我们的反射
Meaning “image” or “reflection.” Our reflection.
这边, 师♥父♥ -不, 这里
This way, master. -No, this way, Adso.
这里, 第一和第七个字母
Here, Q. Q and R.
祈祷上帝我们没弄错
Pray God we’re not mistaken.
来吧
Come.
晚安, Jorge副主教
Good evening, Venerable Jorge.
我已经等你好几天了, William
I have been expecting you these several days past, William.
想必你一定先我们一步, 到药房♥拿书了吧
You must have flown to this chamber to have reached it ahead of us.
自从你到这修道院后, 已经发现了不少事情
You have discovered many things since your arrival at this abbey…
然而通往迷宫的捷径并不在其中
…but the short route through the labyrinth is not among them.
那么现在, 你到底要什么?
So now, what is it that you want?
我要看那本据你说, 从来就不存在的希腊文书
I want to see the book in Greek that you said was never written.
一本以喜剧为主题的书
A book entirely devoted to comedy…
令你深恶痛绝, 就跟你讨厌笑一样
…which you hate as much as you hate laughter.
我要看看那本仅存的…
I want to see what is probably the sole surviving copy…
亚里斯多德的第二本书《诗学》
…of the second book of the Poetics of Aristotle.
William, 你是在多么伟大的图书馆啊
William, what a magnificent librarian you would have been.
这就是你应得的奖赏
Here is your well-earned reward.
读吧
Read it.
翻阅它的秘密
Leaf through its secrets.
你赢了
You have won.
关门!
Close, now!
我们应当讨论,
“We shall now discuss the way comedy…
喜剧逗我们开心的方式…
…stimulates our delight in the ridiculous…
藉由利用庶民百姓, 并以取笑他们的缺点为乐
…by using vulgar persons and taking pleasure from their defects.”
继续, William, 读吧!
Carry on, William. Read it, read it!
师♥父♥, 拜托, 我们得快点
Master, please, we must hurry.
如果灯光对你来说太暗了…
If the light is too dim for you…
就把书交给那小子吧, 我相信他看得懂
…give it to the boy. I’m sure he can read it.
我不要我的学生, 来碰这些被你下了毒的书页
I would not want my faithful pupil to turn your poisoned pages.
除非他跟我一样也戴着防护手套
Not without the protection of a glove, such as I am wearing.
门, 快点! 他就要把我们关起来了!
The door, quick! Before he shuts us in!
推!
Push!
别动!
Stay, stay!
Shh!