This is no miracle. This is thermodynamics.
这不是什么神迹 是热力学
I hope we don’t have to rescue him, Mother.
希望他不需要我们去营救
It’s all right. Allie knows what he’s doing.
没事儿的 Allie知道他自己在干什么
What that Father got there?
他去哪里干嘛?
Haven’t you ever seen a snowball before?
见过雪球吗?
Ice from fire!
以火制冰!
That cold water, Father!
好凉啊!
And air conditioning!
作用到空气
Cool down your house! Get a decent night’s sleep!
给房♥子降温 让你们晚上能睡个好觉!
Increase productivity!
全面提高工作效率
Ice is civilization!
冰就是文明!
That’s why I’m here! That’s why I came!
这就是我来的原因!我来的目的!
Okay, wait!
好了 慢着!
How many do you want?
你要多少?
Fat Boy looked like a miracle to the local Zambus.
对于Zambus的本地人来说 “大胖小子”简直是个奇迹
And a kind of ice market was established.
一个公认的冰市
Everything for free.
一切皆免费
But Father was restless.
但父亲因此得不到休息
It was all too easy now…
一切都来得太容易…
… and everyone was taking his ice for granted.
…而且每个人都能从他这儿得到冰
Then Francis told him about an Indian tribe…
Francis告诉他有一个印度部落…
… a half a day’s march into the mountains.
…正以每天一半的速度往这座大山行进
People who had never seen missionaries or anyone else…
那里的人们毕生都未见过传教士或者其他的人…
… and they had certainly never seen ice.
…当然更没见过冰
These were the pure people he had talked of in Hatfield.
这些都是他在Hatfield时提到过的纯洁无比的人类
Friendly savages who would see his ice…
那些会将他制♥造♥的冰看做宝石…
… as ajewel, and be amazed.
…并为之惊奇的友好的原始人
Keep goin’.
继续别停
Don’t give up on me, boys.
坚持住 孩子们
Watch out!
小心!
Put it down if you have to! Put it down!
实在坚持不住了就放下来 放下!
Okay, Charlie. Come up here. Hold it up here. Hold it.
好 Charlie 过来 握住这里 握好了
Come on up!
上来!
Hold it! Hold it, Francis.
抓住 抓稳了 Francis
Okay, get out of the way.
好 把路让开
Don’t get your legs underneath it.
别把脚放在这东西下面了
Come on, Jerry!
Jerry 跟上!
Just over this ridge. It’s all downhill.
过了这个山脊 就全是下坡路
What’s the matter with you guys?
你们都怎么了?
We’ll have to go home in the dark.
天黑之前我们都得回家
Home?
回家?
We’re not going anywhere until we deliver this ice!
在把冰块送达之前我们哪儿也不去!
All right, we’ll camp here. Put it down.
好了 就在这儿露营 都放下
So, where are we gonna sleep?
那我们睡哪儿?
Right over there.
就那边啊
Across the street. At the Holiday Inn!
穿过这条小路 就在那间度假客栈呐
You two kids can lounge by the pool while I fix us up with a couple of rooms.
我们在房♥间休息的时候你们俩孩子可以在池边休息
You want a king-size bed, don’t you? I know I do.
你想要超大号♥软床不是吗?反正我想
I sure hope there’s a color TV.
还指着能有彩色电视机呢
Want a roll of quarters, Jerry, for the jukebox? Play a few tunes?
角落还得有个自动点唱机供你放点儿小曲儿?
I’m so sick of this whining from you! Pull yourself together! Be a man!
真受够你们的抱怨了 省省吧 像个男子汉些!
Come on, Jerry. It’s all right.
起来 Jerry 没事的
There goes Charlie to get a Fudgesicle.
好吧Charlie赢得了巧克力冰棍儿
Careful crossing the road.
过路的时候小心
I’m looking for some wood to build a lean-to.
我来找些木材搭个屋棚
Hear that? Charlie’s gonna show us how to build a camp!
听到没?Charlie在给我们展示如何露营呢!
Charlie know how.
Charlie知道怎么做的
Put out the fire. You’re melting my ice.
把火灭了 我的冰块都快被你烤化了
What are you looking at?
光知道看啊?
This is the first time since creation that ice has ever melted here.
这是冰块被制♥造♥出来后第一次化掉
Think about that.
好好想想吧
Come on!
跟上!
Charlie, give me the bag.
Charlie 快把包给我
I brought for you, present.
我给你们带来了一件礼物
Present. Move slowly.
礼物 我慢慢拿给你们
We’re the first white men they’ve seen.
在我们之前他们没见过白人
Don’t do anything to scare ’em.
别吓着他们了
Present.
礼物
Wonderful, mysterious present.
美妙又神奇的礼物
Come here. Come, look. Look.
过来 过来看看
Look.
看吧
Wait till you see this.
直到你们看见它
Have a little patience.
稍等一下
I don’t believe this.
怎么会这样
This was ice.
本来是冰块的
Go away.
走开
Have you got any idea how hard it is to drag ice up from the river?
你们知道把冰块从河对面扛到这里来有多么的不容易吗?
Go away.
走开
We go, Father.
我们还是走吧
Don’t blame me.
不能怪我
Have you ever seen ice? Have you ever touched it?
你见过冰吗?碰过吗?
Dad. There’s a white man.
爸爸 那儿有个白人
There’s a white man in there.
这里有白人
Watch me. Watch my back.
帮我看着 看着身后
Nice place you got here. Nice.
你们这儿很好啊 真漂亮
Living close to nature. I like that.
很亲近大自然 我喜欢
I like that.
我非常喜欢
My dad’s an inventor, and he invented this…
我爸爸是个发明家 他发明了这个…
…this big ice machine and it makes ice.
…这个制♥造♥冰块的大机器
Yeah, big pieces. Keeps it cool.
对 大家伙 能降温
Ice can be used for a number of things.
冰可用来做很多事情
Cool your water.
降低水温
No, it’ll keep your food from rotting. Makes a great painkiller.
防止食物腐烂 还有止痛效果
It’s really cooling.
真的非常棒
Keep you cool on a hot summer day.
让你在酷夏感到凉爽
Ice is civilization.
冰就是文明
That’s why he came and that’s why he’s here.
这是他来这里的原因和目的
Wonderful being here. Thank you very much.
很高兴能来这里 谢谢你们
We’ll be back. Come on, guys.
打道回府了 大家伙儿
We’ll bring you some ice!
改天给你们带冰块来
Gracias.
谢谢
We’ll be back.
我们会回来的
Gracias.
谢谢
More ice!
更多的冰
Thank you.
谢谢
‘Bye.
再见
Don’t stop. Don’t stop.
别停 不要停
What were they doing?
他们是干什么的?
Captured. Three guys, prisoners.
拍照了 三个都是囚犯
I offered to help spring ’em but they got their own plan.
我向他们提出帮助 他们说有自己的打算
I told ’em to follow our trail to Jeronimo. They thought we were missionaries.
我叫他们跟我们一起回Jeronimo 他还以为我们是传教士
What is it, Dad?
是什么 爸爸
I’m so glad you’re back.
你终于回来了
Ma Kennywick and the others went with him.
Ma Kennywic和其他人都跟他走了
What happened?
发生了什么事?
There wasn’t anything I could do.
我什么也做不了
Spellgood was raving. He was talking about hellfire.
Spellgood一直在那儿胡言乱语什么地狱之火
They were so frightened.
他们被吓坏了
Very angry at you, Father.
还对你很生气
They said we were communist.
他说我们是共♥产♥主义者
We’re not communists, honey.
我们不是共♥产♥主义者 宝贝儿
Very glad you’re here, Father.
真高兴你回来了
It’s just jealousy and envy. You build something up and people…
他们这是羡慕和嫉妒您 你在这里创造点儿什么…
…come along and want to take it away from you.
…就会有人想来截取你的成果
Who do that?
谁会这么做啊?
What? What, Francis?
Francis 出什么事了?
Men.
男人
Talk to me. Tell me what’s going on.
讲清楚 发生生么事了?
Where?
在哪儿?
Calmly, Francis.
冷静点儿 Francis