“There are many rooms in my Father’s house, but I am the door.”
“在我父亲的家里有许多住处;若是没有 我就早已告诉你们了 “(约翰福音 14:2)
Don’t slam it on the way out.
别费力找台阶下了
May God forgive you.
愿主宽恕你
Have a nice day.
祝你一天愉快
Thank you. I will, Brother!
谢了兄弟 我会的!
Hi.
嗨
It’s a whole lot hotter than this in the jungle.
丛林比这儿还热得多
You’ve never been there, have you?
你没来过这里 是吧?
No.
没
We’re from Baltimore.
我们是从巴尔的摩来的(美国马里兰州港口城市)
I study communication in school.
我学的通讯专业
I hate school. It’s so boring.
我讨厌学校 那里无聊至极
What’s your favorite band?
你最喜欢哪个乐队?
Mine’s The Executioners. I love the lead guitarist. He is so cool.
我最喜欢侩子手乐队 那个主弹吉他手太酷了
He reminds me of James Dean.
他会让我想起James Dean(美国著名影星 英年早逝)
Your father’s a missionary. You don’t live in Baltimore.
你父亲是个传教士 你们不可能住在巴尔的摩
Yes, we do.
不 我们住那儿
My father has two churches. One’s in Guampu, and the other one is in Baltimore.
我爹有两间教堂 一间在Guampu 一间在巴尔的摩
It’s a drive-in.
是路边服务站式的
What kind of drive-in?
哪种路边服务站式的?
There’s only one kind. You know, outdoors with cars.
只有一种 户外带车的
Gosh, you’re stupid.
天啊 你够蠢的
So, what’s your old man do?
那你家老头儿做什么的?
My father’s an inventor.
我父亲是个发明家
He invented this mechanical mop. You sort of dance around with it.
他发明了机械拖把 你只需要站在一旁
It works by itself. You have to see it.
它自己就会运作 有机会得看看
Weird.
真诡异
My father’s a genius.
我父亲是个天才
Do you have a girlfriend?
你有女朋友吗?
No.
没有
I could be your girlfriend, if you want.
你愿意的话 我可以当你女朋友啊
I think about you when I go to the bathroom.
我洗澡的时候都在想你
Come here, honey.
过来 宝贝儿
What do you think about Jesus?(歌♥词就不翻译了)
“He’s all right
What do you think about Jesus?
“He’s all right
Where’s my bag?
包呢?
Honey, look at this place! It’s beautiful!
亲爱的 看看这地方 实在是太美了!
Everybody ready?
都准备好了吗?
Yeah!
是的!
I think about you when I go to the bathroom.
我洗澡的时候都在想你
Amen!
阿门
All right, Mother, let’s get this show on the road.
好了 孩子娘 我们一边走一边传教去
Come on, kids, let’s go. Everybody’s got a long way to go.
孩子们 快点 我们每个人都还有好多事情要做呢
Let’s go!
走吧!
Look at him, Charlie. I love him when he’s like that.
Charlie你看他 我挺喜欢他现在这个样子的
Happy hunting, Reverend.
祝你满载而归啊牧师
Thank you very much, Mr. Fox, and you, too.
谢谢你Fox先生 也祝你顺利
Look at all the boats.
看看这些船
They’re beautiful.
太美了
Hey, sweet peas, come to Papa.
嘿 小甜心们 来爸爸这儿
The twins are asleep.
双胞胎姐妹睡着了
Tell her, Charlie.
Charlie 告诉她
Dad bought a town.
爸爸买♥♥了一个镇
You’re joking.
开什么玩笑
Drunken German.
德国人喝醉了
He fell asleep.
然后睡着了
Not before he signed this.
签这之前没有
You’re looking at the new mayor of Jeronimo.
现在在你眼前的是Jeronimo的新镇长
You bought a town?
你买♥♥下了一个镇?
A small town.
只是个小镇
Where is it?
在哪儿?
Jeronimo? Launches can’t go up there. Too shallow.
Jeronimo吗?船只到不了那里 地方太小
Well, Mr. Haddy, we’ll just have to experiment.
Haddy先生 那我们就试试呗
Experiment? Why you want to go to Jeronimo?
试试?你们怎么会想去Jeronimo?
We’ve bought it.
我们买♥♥下了那个地方
Ran out of room in America, Mr. Haddy.
为了逃离美国啊Haddy先生
Here, let me take the wheel.
来 让我来掌舵
It’s against regulations.
这不合规矩
What regulations?
什么规矩?
It’s my launch.
我的船我说了算
I steer. You passenger.
我来驾船 你们好好当乘客
Experiment.
开什么玩笑
Haddy, you all right there?
Haddy 你还好吗?
There is no channel here.
船开不进去了
Don’t give up, Haddy. Right?
千万不要放弃啊Haddy
Stay back!
别过来!
Stay back! No channel.
叫你别过来 船开不过来
Keep looking.
继续找
Oh, my God. Mr. Haddy!
天啊!Haddy先生!
You all right?
你还好吧?
Channel! Channel! Channel!
通了!通船了!
All right.
太好了
Can you get in all right?
开得进去吗?
Ask him where we are, Haddy.
Haddy 问问他我们这是在哪儿
It’s Jeronimo.
到Jeronimo了
This is it. Jeronimo!
就是这里!Jeronimo!
Where?
哪儿呢?
Stay back there.
先别动
Give me room, Son. Haddy, get ready on the bowline.
儿子 给我腾点儿空位 Haddy 准备套索停船
Can we help you?
能帮上什么忙吗?
I’ve been looking all over for you.
找的就是你啊
Shall I get the luggage?
要我搬行李吗?
Help Mother.
去帮妈妈
Now, don’t run, boys.
现在开始孩子们都别乱跑了
Jerry, help me with this.
Jerry 帮帮我
Careful, girls.
女儿们 小心点儿
Can we take our bags?
可以把包包带上吗?
No, no, leave them there.
不不 先留在那里
Can you see the town yet, Allie?
Allie 能看见那个镇了吗?
Yes.
是的
Perfect. It’s perfect.
美 太美了
Everything we need is here. Right here.
我们需要的一切这里都有
Yes, yes.
太好了
Starting from scratch.
抹掉一切重新开始
This is what I’ve always dreamed about.
这正是我梦寐以求的啊
Don’t look at me that way, Mother. This is our home.
孩子妈 别那样看着我 这就是我们的家
This is life. This is not a vacation.
这是过日子 又不是度假
Can you see it, Charlie?
Charlie 你能明白吗?
No, Dad.
不 爸爸
Can you see it, Mother?
孩子妈 你明白吗?
See what, Allie?
Allie 明白什么啊?
Why, a beautiful house. Right in front of you.
怎么不明白 一间美妙的住所 就在你跟前
Me no see no house.
我可没看见房♥子
This will do for the kitchen. That could be the laundry and wash house.
这里是厨房♥ 那儿是洗衣间
Tie it all together with a platform and put the sleeping quarters up above.
把这些连成一个平台 卧室就在这上面
It’s like the hub of a wheel with the crops radiating out.
就像一个农作物着散热的车轮中心
I smell a bit of a swamp back there. We’ll have to drain that.
我闻到这里有沼泽 还得把水排掉
Put a plant there, pump up river water for the fish farm.
把庄稼种在这里 将鱼塘的水引来灌溉
Slash and burn the area.
彻底平整这片区域
We have four or five acres of good growing land.
我们有四 五块地可以用来种植
Boy, have we got some work to do.
孩子 我们有好多事情要做
I don’t want to hit you.
我不想伤到你
Perhaps if I hit them…
如果我伤到他们了…
…and you take them out.
…你就把他们带走
Let me hold.
我来拿
Okay.
好的
Okay, take that away, will you?
把这个拿走 好吗
Dad, there’s a big pile of cut wood here.
爸爸 那边有一大堆砍下来的木材
Wood or lumber?
木材还是木料?
Lumber.
木料