上尉
Captain.
莎莉文老师 我给海伦带了一个玩伴
Miss Sullivan, I’ve brought Helen a playmate.
相当于毕业礼物
A kind of graduation present.
上尉 请在外面等一下
Please, wait outside, Captain.
狗
Dog.
哦 莎莉文老师
Well, Miss Sullivan,
两周时间到了
the 2 weeks are up.
要到下午5点才算到
Not until 5:00pm.
哦 差个半天也没什么吧
Oh, what difference can half a day make?
你不知道我们大家是多么渴望海伦回来
You don’t know how eager we are to have her back.
我知道
I do know.
这也是我最关心的事
It’s my main concern.
你为她创造了奇迹
You’ve done wonders for her,
你也帮了我们很大的忙
and you’ve done us a great service.
我真的很想念她
I’ve actually missed her.
算我欠你的吧
I owe that debt to you.
上尉 把你欠我的给海伦吧
Pay it to Helen, Captain.
再给她一个星期吧
Give her another week.
你看你已经为她做了很多了
Look what you’ve done for her already.
她懂规矩了 彬彬有礼的 还干干净净的
She’s well-behaved. She seems quite contented. Certainly cleaner.
她干干净净的
She’s cleaner?
这就是你关心的事吗
Is that what you care about?
她正在学习说话啊 上尉
She’s learning to talk, Captain.
这些话已经在她的手指上了
The words are in her fingers already.
我没办法确保
I can’t risk her unlearning it
她回去老房♥子后 会不会忘掉所学的事情
when she goes back to her old life in the house.
哦 你看
Oh, look.
她在拼哪个词
What is she spelling?
水
Water.
莎莉文老师
Miss Sullivan…
那只狗和她一样 都不知道单词是什么
that dog doesn’t know what words are any more than she does.
不过狗已经够快乐了
The dog’s happy enough, though.
也许上帝不想让海伦说话 莎莉文老师
God may not have meant for Helen to speak, Miss Sullivan.
可我想让她会啊 上尉
I mean her to, Captain.
再给她半周时间吧
Give her half a week.
你只能留她到下午5点
You have until 5:00 pm.
凯特再也忍♥不了没有海伦的夜晚了
Kate cannot bear to be separated from her for another night.
海伦呢
Where is she?
莎莉文老师坚持留她到下午5点
Your Miss Sullivan insisted on keeping her until 5:00 pm.
不对
No.
它不是水
Not “water.”
它是狗
Dog.
狗
Dog.
这个
This…
这才是水
This.. This is water.
我要怎样才能让她明白呢
How do I make her understand?
我要怎么告诉你呢
How do I tell you?
我已经无计可施了
I don’t know anything.
他们很满意了
They’re satisfied.
把孩子还给他们
Give them back their child
狗也是
and their dog…
反正都管教好了
both housebroken.
每个人都很满意
Everyone’s satisfied.
除了我之外
Everyone but me…
还有你
and you.
伸出手
Reach!
伸出手啊
Reach!
哦 我真想教会你啊 海伦
Oh, what I wanted to give you, Helen.
教你地球上的一切 我们所梦想的一切
Everything in the earth, everything that we are, what we dream of.
还有我们遗留的
what we leave behind,
我们所想 所感 所知 所分享的 都在话里啊
what we think and feel and know and share it’s all in words.
如果我能让你懂一个字
If I could give you one word…
就懂一个字 我就可以教会你一切
One word, I could give you everything.
羊毛
Wool.
就是指的这个
It means this.
椅子
Chair.
餐巾
Napkin.
连衣裙
Dress.
脸
Face.
眼泪
Tears.
我们去把她带回家吧
Let’s bring her home.
来把你的东西放进去
Let’s put your things away.
放进去
Put them away.
很好
Good.
你要回家了
You are going home.
海伦
Helen…
要回家了
is going home.
就是这样 把你的东西收好
That’s right. Put your things away.
海伦还好吗
How is she?
请你再给我点时间吧
Please. Please give me more time.
我做不到
I can’t.
海伦
Helen?
海伦
Helen.
安妮 我好热啊 你能拿水给我喝吗 安妮
Annie I’m so hot, Annie! Can you bring me some water? Annie
我一定要去陪他
I have to go to him!
他是我唯一的亲人啊
He’s got no one on the earth but me!
我可不想让传染病传染到我的手上
Do you think I want an epidemic on my hands?
安妮
Annie!
-你不能去 -吉米
– You can’t – Jimmie!
-安妮 别离开我 -吉米
– Annie. Don’t leave me. Annie – Jimmie!
我们已经尽力了
We’re doing the best we can.
我一有空就来接你
I’ll come and get you when I can.
吉米
Jimmie!
安妮
Annie
-我试过了 可他们不让我进去啊 -安妮
– I tried, but they wouldn’t let me in. – Annie
-安妮 -吉米
– Annie – Jimmie!
吉米
Jimmie!
安妮
Annie
安妮
Annie
需要我护送你吗
May I escort you?
我现在没有心情让你陪
I’m not very good company right now.
我不是来陪你的
Oh, I didn’t come to keep you company.
我来只是怕你天黑后会迷路
I came to keep you from getting lost in the dark.
也许那正是我想要做的事
Maybe that’s just what I was looking to do.
你为自己感到同情吗 莎莉文老师
Are you feeling sorry for yourself. Miss Sullivan?
就这一次
Just this once.
是的
Yes.
我爸爸非常尊敬你
My father has a great respect for you,
这对他来说是不容易的
and that’s not easily earned.
他在维克斯堡打过仗
He fought at Vicksburg.
后来又在报社当编辑
He edits the newspaper.
他总是激励你去努力拼搏向上
And he’s always daring you to measure up.
如果你有什么建议要给我
If you have any advice for me,
我很乐意聆听
I wouldn’t mind hearing it.
我没有爸爸 所以我没资格要求你什么
I never really had a father, so I’m the last person to ask,
但你必须勇敢地站出来面对这个世界
but you’ve got to stand up to the world.
我只能说这些了
That’s all I know.
如果我说爸爸就是那个世界呢
Well, what if he’s the world?
那你就自己探索啊 詹姆斯
Then you can just look around, James
去看看那个世界有多大
and see how much bigger it really is.
詹姆斯 他是个男人
He’s a man, James. That’s all.
你也是男人
So are you.
伊芙阿姨 你好 请进 请进
Aunt Evelyn. Well, come in. Come in.
见到你真高兴
It is so good to see you.
你一定要看看现在的海伦
You have come and see our Helen now.
真是可爱的孩子
The sweet child.
莎莉文老师一定是个奇迹
Miss Sullivan must be a wonder.
莎莉文老师
Miss Sullivan.
我把第一个月的薪水发给你
I’ve brought you your first month’s salary.
你干得很不错
You’ve done quite a job.