Fighting terrorists, rebuilding countries, saving lives.
打击恐♥怖♥分♥子♥ 重建国家 拯救生命
And risking our lives?
冒着牺牲自己的危险吗
I don’t have to remind you how many americans lost their lives…
不用我说你也知道有多少美国人在九月份
just showing up for work one morning in september, do i?
一个早晨丢了自己的性命
That’s right. No, I didn’t think so.
是的 我不这样想
Shoot, there’s risk in the army, there’s risk in life.
被击中 军队有危险 生活中更有危险
But we’re talking about rewards here…
但我们要说的是回报
And we’re talking about a feeling that you can get…
还有你将会获得的那种感觉
But not from flinging hot dogs at a ball
这种感觉不是从你赢了什么游戏
Game or bagging groceries at a supermarket.
或赢了什么比赛得来的
We’re talking about honor and discipline.
我们要说的是荣誉和纪律
Selfrespect. Thank you.
自尊 谢谢
I just wanna fuck some shit up.
我就是想去搞死他们
That does come with the job sometimes. Oh, come on.
你领了任务之后就可以了 算了吧
You have any sort of skills you want to bring to the army?
你想参军 有什么技能吗
Leave them alone. they’re just kids.
别打扰他们 他们还是孩子
Oh, ma’am, these young men want to serve their country.
女士 这些年青人想报效祖国
They’re here by their free will. Oh, do you want to take a look?
他们来这儿是自愿的 你们想看看吗
You want to take a look at this, see? Okay, ma’am
看看这是什么 女士
You want to guess what it’s for? Ma’am
你猜猜这是给谁的用的 女士
There’s a sticker on my husband’s coffln that says “remains unviewable.”
我丈夫还贴着一张纸条写着”不可辨认”
Ma’am, we’re very sorry Nice big tall boys like you.
女士 我们很难过 就像你一样的好人
And what’s left could fit in a shoe box.
剩下的东西鞋盒都装得满
I understand you’re upset.
我理解你很心烦
Why don’t you calm down?
为什么你不冷静下来
Ma’am, why don’t you take your son home
女士 为什么不带你的孩子回家呢
Why don’t you take your son home and calm down?
为什么不带你的孩子回家冷静一下
Why don’t you go home? in fact, why doesn’t everybody just go home?
你们为什么不回家 大家为什么不都回家呢
That’s right go home! We’re all in this together.
对 回家 我们是一起的
Take a walk. Why doesn’t everybody just go home?
去别处走走 大家为什么不都回家呢
Yes, sir. You guys know where to find us.
是 长官 你们知道去哪里找我们
What are you looking at? Just go home! You okay?
你看什么 回家去 你还好吗
Yeah.
是的
Do you need anything? What? no, thank you.
你需要什么吗 什么 不 谢谢
I’m sorry, sweetheart. come on.
对不起 宝贝 走吧
I hate this suit!
我恨这件衣服
Pick it up. I’ve asked you to pick that up.
捡起来 我跟你说 捡起来
Pick it up. Now.
捡起来 马上
Do not do that.
不准再这样了
I was getting a prescription…
我刚去那里买♥♥些处方药
At the mall.
商场里
And that’s why I was at the mall.
所以我才会在商场
I have this eye-
我这个眼有毛病
I gotta get- take drops… for-
要滴些眼药水
It’s okay now? is it okay now?
现在好了吗
Yeah.
好多了
Gets dry. it’s kinda… spotty.
还是有点干涩 眼中总感觉有小白点
You’ll need a new transmission soon.
你需要换变速器
Can I pay you something?
要我怎么报答你呢
No.
不用
I should get a new car at some point, but…
或许我该换辆新车了
it just feels wrong, you know, with the new money.
但是用那些钱 感觉很不好
Do you play?
你弹琴吗
No.
不弹
I work at lock and keep.
我在”乐扣保管”上班
It’s a storage space on third street and battalion.
是个仓库 在第三大道拐角处
You know, sometimes people leave things behind. nice things.
有时人们会留下些东西 很好的东西
A new mattress, coffee table…
很新的床垫 咖啡桌
Framed pictures of strangers.
一些加框的照片
I’m gonna get going.
我要走了
Thanks for your help.
谢谢帮忙
Yeah. Get a new transmission soon.
赶快换个变速器
Seriously.
要当回事
Thanks for the ride.
谢谢载我们回家
Thanks. Bye.
谢谢 再见
That’s it! Yeah, come on!
就是这样 好的 加油
That’s not what I said.
那可不是我说的
But you are trying to fuck her, aren’t you?
但你还是想操她 不是吗
I’m not trying anything, sir. I fixed her car.
我没有 长官 我只是修了她的车
You saw the shirt. She’s got someone.
你看看见他衬衣了 她有情人
Who?
谁
I don’t know. You don’t know?
我不知道 你不知道吗
Jesus, why is it always the quiet ones?
天呀 为什么总是那些沉默的人呢
Where are your morals, hero?
你的道德感呢 英雄
It’s just too easy.
太容易了
You bring her her husband’s death and then you try to fuck her.
你给她说丈夫死了 然后你想搞她
And by the way, if she’s into you,
告诉你 如果她对你感兴趣
she’s into some really weird twists.
她脑子一定有问题
She’s a real head case. You’ve been warned.
她肯定有精神病 我警告过你了
Thank you, sir. I will make a note of that.
谢谢长官 我会记下的
I bet her husband couldn’t wait to get away from her and back in theater.
我打赌 她丈夫迫不及待想摆脱她回到战场
We’re here to speak with Mrs. Galindo.
我们想和格灵多女士说几句话
What, this some kind of joke?
什么 是开玩笑吗
No, sir. there’s no Mrs. Galindo here.
不是 先生 这儿没有什么格灵多女士
Marla Galindo? Are you saying she moved or-
玛拉·格灵多 你是说她搬走了还是
Hold it. Marla!
等下 玛拉
Marla!
玛拉
Marla! What?
玛拉 什么事
I’m so tired of this shit from you. What? What did I do?
我烦透你了 什么 我做什么了
There are a couple of soldiers downstairs. they’re asking for a Mrs. Galindo.
楼下有两个士兵 他们找格灵多太太
Dad, we were gonna, but l-
爸爸 我本想告诉你 可是我
Tell me what? What are you talking about?
告诉我什么 你想说什么
Wait a minute. Wait a minute. what’s going on?
等下 等下 到底怎么回事
We were gonna tell you, but l-
我们本想告诉你 可是我
I knew how you felt and there was just so little time before-
我明白你的感觉 这是前些日子的事
What, you married that little greaseball?
什么 你嫁给那个杂种了吗
Please, don’t call him that!
求你别这样叫他
You always do that! Mrs. Galindo
你总这样 格灵多太太
Hold it! I’m dealing with some family stuff here!
别急 我正在处理家事
Could you step outside? Just let them say what they need to say!
你们出去好吗 先让他们说完
I have bad news for you, Mrs. Galindo.
我带来个不幸消息 格灵多太太
Just leave us for a second?
先等一下可以吗
Your husband, corporal Mario Galindo, was killed last night in Iraq…
你的丈夫马里奥·格灵多下士昨晚在伊♥拉♥克♥
By an improvised explosive device.
一个偶然的爆♥炸♥中牺牲
The secretary of the army has asked me
陆军部长要我
to express his deepest sympathy to you.
向您转达他最深的歉意
A casualty assistance officer will contact you in the next few hours.
伤亡补助处理人员会在几小时内与您联♥系♥
We’re very sorry for your loss, Ma’am.
我们对你的损失很抱歉 女士
All right, all right.
好了 好了
Daddy.
爸爸
I’m so sorry. I know. I know.
对不起 我明白 我明白
I was gonna tell you. I’m- I’m-
我本想告诉你 我
Here’s a good one! here’s a good one!
给你们说个好笑的
So this tribal chief,
这个部族的酋长
he’s this old-looking guy, I figured he’s around 5o.
他长相很老 我觉得有五十岁
Maybe older. Maybe 6o.
或许更老 可能六十
His face is all sagging and fucking gray.
他的脸上都是松垂的皮 一脸灰
He’s got a bunch of teeth missing.
剩没有几颗牙了
The guy’s got fucking scurvy.
还有败血症
All kinds of, you know, desert shit.
就是那些沙漠中的常见病
We called him haji-wan kenobi.
我们叫他哈吉王·肯诺比
So he tells me he’s not used to making deals like this with a kid.
他说他不习惯和一个孩子谈判交易
So I tell him, “hey, man, I’m 28.”
我跟他说 老兄 我已经二十八了
Twenty-nine next month.
下个月就二十九了
Yeah, I’m no kid, gramps.
对 我不是小孩了 老爷爷
But then, so, the chief says…
可是后来那个酋长说
“twenty-eight? you can’t be 28. you’re a beautiful man.
二十八 你不可能二十八岁了 你还很英俊
You must be 2o, 21.”
你肯定才二十 二十一
I’m thinking, what is he talking about? what is this?
我在想 他在说什么 什么意思
What is this, he likes me?
什么意思呢 他喜欢我吗